Search Groups

MembersPopular Groups
2101Meet and talk,talk talk
Created by: jeana12
1697Impurity Addiction Support Group
Created by: whm
971CLEAN jokes (because we need to laugh)
Created by: tuscany
934Divine Mercy
Created by: windmelody
845OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Created by: AFCatholic
837Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Created by: 4elise
772Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Created by: FootStool
724Catholics in the South
Created by: Parce Domine
649Charismatic Christians and Friends
Created by: denwiles
593Knights of Columbus
Created by: tee_eff_em

MsgsMost Active Groups
8302Meet and talk,talk talk
Last by: GLam8833
5069CAF Prayer Warriors Support Group
Last by: UpUpAndAway
4351Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Last by: FootStool
4035OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Last by: 3DOCTORS
3851SOLITUDE
Last by: tuscany
3611Let's empty Purgatory
Last by: RJB
3263Poems and Reflections
Last by: PathWalker
3210Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Last by: 4elise
3190Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Last by: grateful_child
3066For seniors and shut- ins
Last by: Thomas Choe

Latest Wall Messages
CLEAN jokes (because we need to laugh)
> > An elderly coup...
Today By: TARRAT
Let's empty Purgatory
Eternal Father, I offe...
Today By: RJB
Baseball fans
Pax Christi! The Ar...
Today By: svid2
Meet and talk,talk talk
The link to RCIA given...
Today By: GLam8833
Let me pray for you.
Prayers for all intent...
Today By: Latinitas
Publish answered prayers, novenas chaplets
Publishing in thanks a...
Yesterday By: Bindiswah
Let us Read the Bible and Encounter Christ!
[B]Lk 5:27-32)[/B] ...
Yesterday By: grateful_child
CA Pet Lovers
Glad to hear that Moll...
Yesterday By: 3DOCTORS
BE NOT AFRAID -- Catholics Living With Anxiety Dis...
Recently I find myself...
Yesterday By: USMC_Convert
Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Praying for peace in t...
Yesterday By: grateful_child

Social Network Stats
466,355Members
762,635Topics
12,410,025Posts
1195Groups
10687Photos
216102Messages

Go Back   Catholic Answers Groups > Social Groups

This is a moderated group. Social Group

Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother

Group created by FootStool

Do you feel called to compassionate our Mother's Most Sorrowing Heart? Would you like to comfort and share Her grief and pain? Come, walk with us, talk with us, share with us your load of Her sorrow. All who want to grow in love with Jesus... the BEST way that I know is thru the ONLY IMMACULATE AND SORROWFUL heart of His Mother Mary!

Showing 5 of 51 Picture(s)

Group Activity in Group Forum
Group Wall Messages 1 to 10 of 4351
  1. FootStool
    Aug 23, '14 9:22 pm
    FootStool
    hello everybody

It is good to *see* you all - keeps the kindred spirit warm!

Marla, that's the problem with Mary - the more we love her the more in love with Jesus are we. Yes, I too am a lover of EA - and I think it would be a good idea to share your experiences with the group - it just might meet the mark - get more adorers - get more people visiting Jesus!

Isbar, how r u? lil Carson? the weather and the moon still smiling?

Mercy1, outside of Mass, you have chosen the most beautiful form of prayer - the Rosary and the Divine Mercy chaplet.... please continue praying that and the Holy Spirit will lead you on.
    If you would like to learn a new prayer, and since this group is dedicated to the Sorrowful Mother, maybe you can learn about her Seven Sorrows. There is a link above the main wall.... it is a great way to ask for our Mother's intercession! I love it and suppose there are others too, in this group who love the Seven Sorrows!

Echoing and quoting St. Paul, St. Louis de Montfort / St. Bernard / St. Dominic and the teachings of our Holy Mother Church, dear James, you have a solid army with you and I'd like to say we are indebted to these words of wisdom!
  2. James_OPL
    Aug 23, '14 8:02 am
    James_OPL
    "Let us say boldly with St. Bernard that we have need of a mediator with the Mediator Himself, and that it is the divine Mary who is the most capable of filling that charitable office. It was through her that Jesus Christ came to us, and it is through her that we must go to Him. If we fear to go directly to Jesus Christ, our God, whether because of His infinite greatness or because of our vileness or because of our sins, let us boldly implore the aid and intercession of Mary, our Mother. She is good, she is tender, she has nothing in her austere and forbidding, nothing too sublime and too brilliant. In seeing her, we see our pure nature."

~ St. Louis de Montfort
  3. James_OPL
    Aug 22, '14 7:48 am
    James_OPL
    Feast Day: Friday, August 22, 2014

Queenship of Mary

Pius XII established this feast in 1954. But Mary’s queenship has roots in Scripture. At the Annunciation, Gabriel announced that Mary’s Son would receive the throne of David and rule forever. At the Visitation, Elizabeth calls Mary “mother of my Lord.” As in all the mysteries of Mary’s life, Mary is closely associated with Jesus: Her queenship is a share in Jesus’ kingship. We can also recall that in the Old Testament the mother of the king has great influence in court.

In the fourth century St. Ephrem (June 9) called Mary “Lady” and “Queen.” Later Church fathers and doctors continued to use the title. Hymns of the 11th to 13th centuries address Mary as queen: “Hail, Holy Queen,” “Hail, Queen of Heaven,” “Queen of Heaven.” The Dominican rosary and the Franciscan crown as well as numerous invocations in Mary’s litany celebrate her queenship.

The feast is a logical follow-up to the Assumption and is now celebrated on the octave day of that feast. In his 1954 encyclical To the Queen of Heaven, Pius XII points out that Mary deserves the title because she is Mother of God, because she is closely associated as the New Eve with Jesus’ redemptive work, because of her preeminent perfection and because of her intercessory power.

Comment:
    As St. Paul suggests in Romans 8:28–30, God has predestined human beings from all eternity to share the image of his Son. All the more was Mary predestined to be the mother of Jesus. As Jesus was to be king of all creation, Mary, in dependence on Jesus, was to be queen. All other titles to queenship derive from this eternal intention of God. As Jesus exercised his kingship on earth by serving his Father and his fellow human beings, so did Mary exercise her queenship. As the glorified Jesus remains with us as our king till the end of time (Matthew 28:20), so does Mary, who was assumed into heaven and crowned queen of heaven and earth.

Quote:
    “Let the entire body of the faithful pour forth persevering prayer to the Mother of God and Mother of men. Let them implore that she who aided the beginnings of the Church by her prayers may now, exalted as she is in heaven above all the saints and angels, intercede with her Son in the fellowship of all the saints. May she do so until all the peoples of the human family, whether they are honored with the name of Christian or whether they still do not know their Savior, are happily gathered together in peace and harmony into the one People of God, for the glory of the Most Holy and Undivided Trinity” (Vatican II, Dogmatic Constitution on the Church, 69).

4. Marla Frances
    Aug 16, '14 10:46 am
    Marla Frances
    Hello all!!! I am a lover of Eucharistic Adoration and recently I approached my Pastor and asked him if he could mention something in his weekly letter to draw more people to coming~ he recommend I write something myself and he would put it in the bulletin. So I did~'if you would like me to post it here I could do that~ if you like it perhaps you could use it to encourage others to come and adore the Lord in Eucharistic Adoration at your parish......God Bless you all
  5. Mercy1
    Aug 15, '14 5:44 pm
    Mercy1
    Can anyone guide me in my pray life, I am try to pick one prayer a day focus on it. Put I pray rosary and Devine mysteries .Is there any other prayers to help me out.
  6. FootStool
    Jul 30, '14 10:51 pm
    FootStool
    Hey Isbar - James - JTB2 - how r u all? Thank you for praying for me and others - now pls add to your list - extra grace for FS as FS is on the brink of setting up perpetual Eucharistic adoration... it is a LOT of work - any suggestions - have you been a scheduled adorer - have you coordinated this ministry or been a part in some way... love to hear how you get n keep a handle on things
  7. lsbar
    Jul 27, '14 8:29 pm
    lsbar
    Hi, James, thanks for the prayer for my computer... the buttons that make the smilies work are back working!

And now for that coffee that I miss a few days ago... And some treats to go with it. I am sharing for all who come to the party.

Blessings, everyone! I am praying for all of you who are part of this forum.

How are you, FootStool?????
  8. James_OPL
    Jul 25, '14 7:40 am
    James_OPL
    Hi Isbar ! That's great news on both accounts !!! All glory to God
    (will say a prayer for your computer)
  9. lsbar
    Jul 24, '14 8:26 pm
    lsbar
    It seems I am a bit late for the coffee party, but will join in now. For some reason I have a hard time finding this forum. Since I started using Google Chrome, things are very different... However, Now I cannot get the buttons to work...again...

That aside...it has been a day of good news. First news of the day was that Meriam is now free and stopped in Rome to see Pope Francis. How great is that???

Just a few minutes ago I found out that little Carson is well enough to come home, which he did today. YAY! Praise God for His goodness in answering prayers.

I had other good news as well, but it is still a work in progress. I am praying that Jesus and His Mother will help us through next step.

Good to see FootStool, Johnthe Baptist and James posting. Yes, where is everyone???

Blessings, everyone! Praying for you. :-)
  10. James_OPL
    Jul 21, '14 10:09 pm
    James_OPL
    I'm as well as can be FS. I'm still dealing with a bad back. But it's nice to have a cuppa with friends !!!