Search Groups

MembersPopular Groups
2108Meet and talk,talk talk
Created by: jeana12
1700Impurity Addiction Support Group
Created by: whm
974CLEAN jokes (because we need to laugh)
Created by: tuscany
934Divine Mercy
Created by: windmelody
844OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Created by: AFCatholic
840Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Created by: 4elise
774Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Created by: FootStool
724Catholics in the South
Created by: Parce Domine
649Charismatic Christians and Friends
Created by: denwiles
593Knights of Columbus
Created by: tee_eff_em

MsgsMost Active Groups
8305Meet and talk,talk talk
Last by: GLam8833
5071CAF Prayer Warriors Support Group
Last by: mountee
4356Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Last by: johnthebaptist2
4035OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Last by: 3DOCTORS
3853SOLITUDE
Last by: Prairie Rose
3616Let's empty Purgatory
Last by: RJB
3264Poems and Reflections
Last by: PathWalker
3212Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Last by: Rifester
3201Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Last by: Amiciel
3069For seniors and shut- ins
Last by: Theresa DeSensi

Latest Wall Messages
sentire cum ecclesia — to think with the mind of t...
Thanks, eschator, for ...
Today By: oldburkes
For seniors and shut- ins
Hi, my name is Theresa...
Today By: Theresa DeSensi
HOLY NAME OF JESUS
Holy Name of Jesus, he...
Today By: johnthebaptist2
HOLY WOUNDS OF JESUS CHRIST
Lord may your Holy Wo...
Lord I Love Thee
Lord I Love you,andI w...
The Catholic Prayer Group
Please pray for me,for...
Fans of Padre Pio
St Padre Pio, please t...
Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
"2418 It is contrary t...
Today By: Rifester
Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
O Blessed Mother of So...
Baseball fans
My wife is from St. L...
Today By: robertmidwest

Social Network Stats
466,912Members
763,449Topics
12,422,840Posts
1196Groups
10696Photos
216272Messages

Go Back   Catholic Answers Groups > Social Groups

This is a moderated group. Social Group

Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother

Group created by FootStool

Do you feel called to compassionate our Mother's Most Sorrowing Heart? Would you like to comfort and share Her grief and pain? Come, walk with us, talk with us, share with us your load of Her sorrow. All who want to grow in love with Jesus... the BEST way that I know is thru the ONLY IMMACULATE AND SORROWFUL heart of His Mother Mary!

Showing 5 of 51 Picture(s)

Group Activity in Group Forum
Group Wall Messages 1 to 10 of 4356
  1. johnthebaptist2
    Today 7:38 am
    johnthebaptist2
    O Blessed Mother of Sorrow, Help me threw the suffering I,am going threw ,Jesus suffered more than I every will,but I want to offer my pain,to show how must I Love your son Jesus. I went to the Hosptial,they found threw a cat scan,that I have kidney stones, not only on my left side,but they found a cluser of stones in my right kidney,I will always offer my pain to Jesus,because I seek the Kingdom of Heavan ,AMEN
  2. Marla Frances
    Aug 29, '14 2:26 pm
    Marla Frances
    Footstool You have my permission to use my outline I posted here and I hope it touches souls to come to Eucharistic Adoration! For God's Honor and Glory~this is why I wrote it! I will pray for you and your ministry ~ It is so peaceful sitting in the Presence of the Lord and knowing He is there truly Body Blood Soul and Divinity! And you know the Saints are there as well as He always has His court with Him! I picture in my MInd Our Lady there! I will pray for many to come to the Lord in Eucharistic Adoration~once they experience being with Jesus in this way ~well they will want to always go and visit Him there!
  3. James_OPL
    Aug 29, '14 11:36 am
    James_OPL
    Prayers for you FS.
  4. FootStool
    Aug 29, '14 4:44 am
    FootStool
    Marla, thank you for the post... on the vision of St. Faustina...just what I need as I am to give a presentation on EA. Please ask Jesus to send those rays of love and mercy and bring at least 30 members...

I request all others to please join Marla and myself in this request of mine. Thank you
  5. Marla Frances
    Aug 27, '14 1:13 pm
    Marla Frances
    SITTING IN THE PRESENCE OF GOD IN EUCHARISTIC ADORATION

The Franciscan archives credit Saint Francis of Assisi (who died in 1226) for starting Eucharistic Adoration in Italy. For Francis the adoration of the Eucharist amounted to "seeing Christ." One thing that all Saints had in common when they lived on earth was a deep love for Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament. Jesus spoke directly to Saint Faustina about Eucharistic Adoration. He said "Come to Me, all of you...Behold, for you I have established a throne of mercy on earth and from this throne I desire to enter into your heart." When St. Faustina was praying before Jesus in the Holy Eucharist He showed her a vision. Each time a person entered the chapel and visited Jesus exposed in a monstrance, she saw His Divine Rays of Love and Mercy burst forth and encircle the world and everyone in it with graces and blessing!

In light of what you just read I invite you to spend some quiet time out of your busy life to sit in the presence of Jesus truly present hidden under the Eucharistic veil in Eucharistic Adoration. You can talk to Him as a friend in your own words, pray, or listen to what He has to say to you! Or you can just bask in the glow of His love for you! You will leave refreshed and with such a great peace. Allowing Him to look at you and you look at Him~well it is truly heaven on earth! I am so happy to enter the church I blow Him a kiss~ as he awaits my coming~He is waiting for YOUR coming! He is waiting to spend time with you. Why not give Eucharistic Adoration a try. I promise you will not be disappointed I know you will love it as much as I do. Eucharistic Adoration can change you life~it has literally changed mine!

Marla Frances
  6. FootStool
    Aug 23, '14 9:22 pm
    FootStool
    hello everybody

It is good to *see* you all - keeps the kindred spirit warm!

Marla, that's the problem with Mary - the more we love her the more in love with Jesus are we. Yes, I too am a lover of EA - and I think it would be a good idea to share your experiences with the group - it just might meet the mark - get more adorers - get more people visiting Jesus!

Isbar, how r u? lil Carson? the weather and the moon still smiling?

Mercy1, outside of Mass, you have chosen the most beautiful form of prayer - the Rosary and the Divine Mercy chaplet.... please continue praying that and the Holy Spirit will lead you on.
    If you would like to learn a new prayer, and since this group is dedicated to the Sorrowful Mother, maybe you can learn about her Seven Sorrows. There is a link above the main wall.... it is a great way to ask for our Mother's intercession! I love it and suppose there are others too, in this group who love the Seven Sorrows!

Echoing and quoting St. Paul, St. Louis de Montfort / St. Bernard / St. Dominic and the teachings of our Holy Mother Church, dear James, you have a solid army with you and I'd like to say we are indebted to these words of wisdom!
  7. James_OPL
    Aug 23, '14 8:02 am
    James_OPL
    "Let us say boldly with St. Bernard that we have need of a mediator with the Mediator Himself, and that it is the divine Mary who is the most capable of filling that charitable office. It was through her that Jesus Christ came to us, and it is through her that we must go to Him. If we fear to go directly to Jesus Christ, our God, whether because of His infinite greatness or because of our vileness or because of our sins, let us boldly implore the aid and intercession of Mary, our Mother. She is good, she is tender, she has nothing in her austere and forbidding, nothing too sublime and too brilliant. In seeing her, we see our pure nature."

~ St. Louis de Montfort
  8. James_OPL
    Aug 22, '14 7:48 am
    James_OPL
    Feast Day: Friday, August 22, 2014

Queenship of Mary

Pius XII established this feast in 1954. But Mary’s queenship has roots in Scripture. At the Annunciation, Gabriel announced that Mary’s Son would receive the throne of David and rule forever. At the Visitation, Elizabeth calls Mary “mother of my Lord.” As in all the mysteries of Mary’s life, Mary is closely associated with Jesus: Her queenship is a share in Jesus’ kingship. We can also recall that in the Old Testament the mother of the king has great influence in court.

In the fourth century St. Ephrem (June 9) called Mary “Lady” and “Queen.” Later Church fathers and doctors continued to use the title. Hymns of the 11th to 13th centuries address Mary as queen: “Hail, Holy Queen,” “Hail, Queen of Heaven,” “Queen of Heaven.” The Dominican rosary and the Franciscan crown as well as numerous invocations in Mary’s litany celebrate her queenship.

The feast is a logical follow-up to the Assumption and is now celebrated on the octave day of that feast. In his 1954 encyclical To the Queen of Heaven, Pius XII points out that Mary deserves the title because she is Mother of God, because she is closely associated as the New Eve with Jesus’ redemptive work, because of her preeminent perfection and because of her intercessory power.

Comment:
    As St. Paul suggests in Romans 8:28–30, God has predestined human beings from all eternity to share the image of his Son. All the more was Mary predestined to be the mother of Jesus. As Jesus was to be king of all creation, Mary, in dependence on Jesus, was to be queen. All other titles to queenship derive from this eternal intention of God. As Jesus exercised his kingship on earth by serving his Father and his fellow human beings, so did Mary exercise her queenship. As the glorified Jesus remains with us as our king till the end of time (Matthew 28:20), so does Mary, who was assumed into heaven and crowned queen of heaven and earth.

Quote:
    “Let the entire body of the faithful pour forth persevering prayer to the Mother of God and Mother of men. Let them implore that she who aided the beginnings of the Church by her prayers may now, exalted as she is in heaven above all the saints and angels, intercede with her Son in the fellowship of all the saints. May she do so until all the peoples of the human family, whether they are honored with the name of Christian or whether they still do not know their Savior, are happily gathered together in peace and harmony into the one People of God, for the glory of the Most Holy and Undivided Trinity” (Vatican II, Dogmatic Constitution on the Church, 69).

9. Marla Frances
    Aug 16, '14 10:46 am
    Marla Frances
    Hello all!!! I am a lover of Eucharistic Adoration and recently I approached my Pastor and asked him if he could mention something in his weekly letter to draw more people to coming~ he recommend I write something myself and he would put it in the bulletin. So I did~'if you would like me to post it here I could do that~ if you like it perhaps you could use it to encourage others to come and adore the Lord in Eucharistic Adoration at your parish......God Bless you all
  10. Mercy1
    Aug 15, '14 5:44 pm
    Mercy1
    Can anyone guide me in my pray life, I am try to pick one prayer a day focus on it. Put I pray rosary and Devine mysteries .Is there any other prayers to help me out.