Search Groups

MembersPopular Groups
2072Meet and talk,talk talk
Created by: jeana12
1683Impurity Addiction Support Group
Created by: whm
962CLEAN jokes (because we need to laugh)
Created by: tuscany
934Divine Mercy
Created by: windmelody
836OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Created by: AFCatholic
830Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Created by: 4elise
769Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Created by: FootStool
720Catholics in the South
Created by: Parce Domine
649Charismatic Christians and Friends
Created by: denwiles
593Knights of Columbus
Created by: tee_eff_em

MsgsMost Active Groups
8257Meet and talk,talk talk
Last by: GLam8833
5018CAF Prayer Warriors Support Group
Last by: UpUpAndAway
4346Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Last by: FootStool
4029OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Last by: B79
3835SOLITUDE
Last by: beth40n2
3570Let's empty Purgatory
Last by: RJB
3230Poems and Reflections
Last by: tonyg
3206Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Last by: Chast Forever
3134Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Last by: Amiciel
3049For seniors and shut- ins
Last by: Thomas Choe

Latest Wall Messages
Let us Read the Bible and Encounter Christ!
[U]Study Question from...
Today By: Amiciel
Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
[url]www.savior.org[/u...
Today By: Amiciel
CLEAN jokes (because we need to laugh)
[COLOR="Green"][B][FON...
Today By: tuscany
For seniors and shut- ins
What a wonderful news ...
Yesterday By: Thomas Choe
Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Hey Isbar - James - JT...
Yesterday By: FootStool
BE NOT AFRAID -- Catholics Living With Anxiety Dis...
I'd like to clarify wh...
Yesterday By: GLam8833
sentire cum ecclesia to think with the mind of t...
Definitely there are d...
Yesterday By: beth40n2
SOLITUDE
[B][COLOR="Red"]Hello,...
Yesterday By: beth40n2
Our Lady of Lourdes
Today is the feast of ...
Yesterday By: tammany
Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Thanks Elise for writi...
Yesterday By: Chast Forever

Social Network Stats
463,559Members
758,163Topics
12,339,195Posts
1194Groups
10662Photos
215273Messages

Go Back   Catholic Answers Groups > Social Groups

This is a public group. Social Group

Book of Romans

Group created by andy60

Lets all get together to talk about the book of Romans and what it means. Dont have to be a bible scholar just someone that takes holy scripture into their lives and relays it to others.

Group Activity in Group Forum
Group Wall Messages 1 to 10 of 105
  1. Christine85
    Dec 7, '11 6:43 pm
    Christine85
    Hello please feel free to join my new group "Confraternity of Mary Queen of all Hearts" it was created in 1899 according to St. Louis de Montfort's wishes. The link is here: http://forums.catholic.com/group.php...322?styleid=18

GOD BLESS YOU +++
  2. HPM1984
    Dec 6, '11 6:28 am
    HPM1984
    Okay- lots of things going on at work and home...Regina hope you have a relaxing trip. I will take a crack at verses in Ch 6 tomorrow!
  3. Regina Love
    Nov 30, '11 8:22 pm
    Regina Love
    I'll be going to Disneyland for a few days, then I look forward to moving on to chaptr 6. Have an awesome weekend!
  4. AnAnglican
    Nov 28, '11 10:32 am
    AnAnglican
    Being Alive, My Wife, My Chlren.
  5. Regina Love
    Nov 23, '11 9:21 pm
    Regina Love
    Greetings,
    i am amazed at GOD'S goodness. How fortunate we are that He has decided to love & prosper us.
    I too came from a large family, 6 brothers, a sister, and 3 fosters sisters along the way. My parents always encouraged us to embrace the faith. I think the qualities we each developed trying to lead the Christian life, contributed greatly to the fact that we all get along so well. We are each different, yet living in harmony.
    I am blessed to have a wonderful husband of 26 years! I attribute the longevity of our marriage to the values the Church taught us. As we gather to celebrate the spirit of Thanksgiving, I have no doubt that we will feast, and our stomachs will over abound!

I am Thankful for the freedom & opportunity to share our thoughts of Christ like this, with my brothers & sisters from all over. Thank you for increasing my faith & challenging me to be more Holy!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING MAY GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY
  6. HPM1984
    Nov 23, '11 6:01 am
    HPM1984
    For my US brethren- I trust all will have a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday. I did want to reflect on the Blessings that Our Father has given me among them my very life, my family, health, a job, His Mercy (that forgives sin) and Grace (that allows Faith to work any good in me). I am thankful also for the blessing of God for providing God fearing parents, who although not perfect, and as I do ,saw the things of Faith through a glass darkly, but none the less approached our Faith with humility and a determination to raise a large family (Seven kids) with a sense of responsibility, of right and wrong (absolutes in their eyes) and the willingness to discipline us so that later in life we would "not stray".

How about anyone else- what are you Thankful for?

Blessings

HP
  7. HPM1984
    Nov 22, '11 6:46 am
    HPM1984
    okay here goes
    I thought I would start with the end of Chapter 5
    Romans 5: 20-21 (YLT): (20)"And law came in, that the offence might abound, and where the sin did abound, the grace did overabound, (21)that even as the sin did reign in the death, so also the grace may reign, through righteousness, to life age-during, through Jesus Christ our Lord."

So it appears that St. Paul is saying that law came in(we saw that in Eden- once knowledge was obtained Adam and Eve became AWARE) and then sin abounded, and that God then gave Grace that: "Over Abounded", I like that phrase- really I do- it says that the Grace of God is BIGGER than SIN. Then he continues the juxtaposition- where SIN reigned in DEATH so GRACE MAY REIGN in Christ.

Then Romans 6 starts with a question (referring back to St. Paul's previous paragraph:

Young's Literal Romans 6:1 (1)"What, then, shall we say? shall we continue in the sin that the grace may abound?"

This answers those, I think who say that God's Grace can cover my sin "what me worry/", Paul answers that loudly: NO!
  8. Regina Love
    Nov 21, '11 8:10 pm
    Regina Love
    Any body want to start on Chapter 6? Jump in here!
  9. Regina Love
    Nov 19, '11 11:02 pm
    Regina Love
    I like 5:5 " And hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit that has been given to us." Yeees!

When I pray the Rosary, my favorite decade is: The Decent of the HOLY SPIRIT! Lots of beautiful experiences there.

Much of the themes in versus 12-15 will be read tomorrow at Mass But we'll be reading 1st corinthians 15:20-26 & 28

5:18 ...."through one righteous act acquittal and life came to all." So Jesus opened the gates of Heaven to all, even those who have never heard of him, yet seek God. Sweeeet!
  10. Regina Love
    Nov 19, '11 2:36 am
    Regina Love
    THANK YOU! The winds have died down, and the firefighters were able to stop it's progress & save 4000 homes in it's path. There is great generosity in this community! Hotels offering rooms for 21.00 a night some are even free. Stables offering free boarding for horses & live stock. kennels taking in family pets, an out pouring of donations & help. What a blessing.