Search Groups

MembersPopular Groups
2124Meet and talk,talk talk
Created by: jeana12
1707Impurity Addiction Support Group
Created by: whm
982CLEAN jokes (because we need to laugh)
Created by: tuscany
934Divine Mercy
Created by: windmelody
851OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Created by: AFCatholic
846Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Created by: 4elise
778Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Created by: FootStool
728Catholics in the South
Created by: Parce Domine
649Charismatic Christians and Friends
Created by: denwiles
593Knights of Columbus
Created by: tee_eff_em

MsgsMost Active Groups
8333Meet and talk,talk talk
Last by: suko
5083CAF Prayer Warriors Support Group
Last by: tawny
4394Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Last by: daughterstm
4036OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Last by: aellis422
3856SOLITUDE
Last by: tuscany
3650Let's empty Purgatory
Last by: DesertSister62
3266Poems and Reflections
Last by: PathWalker
3233Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Last by: Amiciel
3217Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Last by: joeben
3080For seniors and shut- ins
Last by: Grace3877

Latest Wall Messages
CRHP (Christ Renews His Parish)
I am sad to report tha...
Today By: Trinity117
Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
[B][FONT="Franklin Got...
Today By: daughterstm
Apostles of Our Lady of Kibeho
[FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="...
Today By: DesertSister62
The Flame of Love of the Immaculate Heart of Mary
[B][SIZE="1"][COLOR="I...
Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
I have been a vegetari...
Today By: joeben
HOLY WOUNDS OF JESUS CHRIST
Holy Wounds of Jesus, ...
Today By: johnthebaptist2
Let me pray for you.
Please pray that the K...
Let's empty Purgatory
[FONT="Times New Roman...
Fans of Padre Pio
St Padre Pio,may you I...
Mature Vocations
Speaking of dreams: I...
Today By: mebcb

Social Network Stats
468,630Members
766,157Topics
12,462,650Posts
1200Groups
10737Photos
216915Messages

Go Back   Catholic Answers Groups > Social Groups

This is a public group. Social Group

RCIA AND CONVERTS

Visit the forum of this group.
Group created by beth40n2

For people interested in joining the Catholic Church, for anyone with questions about the faith, and for converts to share what they have gone through in their conversion process. Everyone is welcome.

Showing 1 of 1 Picture(s)
jesusworthit
From beth40n2

Group Activity in Group Forum
Activity in forum
Visit the forum of this group.
  1. dilleachta
    Aug 31, '14 6:51 pm
    dilleachta
    Hello everyone,

As the title eludes, I am finding that the parish with which I recently started RCIA classes is unable to meet the needs I have as an inquirer. I feel such a strong sense of home and good from this parish. They are, admittedly, busy beyond what a lay-person would consider reasonable. I am conflicted. This is a critical point of my spiritual life but I am not finding sufficient assistance. Should I go to another church for RCIA? Should I interpret this as a sign to be patient? Any insight would be much appreciated
  2. Song Sparrow
    Jul 16, '14 12:35 pm
    Song Sparrow
    Hi. Once more, I am thinking about joining RCIA this year. I could probably use prayers from anyone who likes to pray for people like me. Could be partly laziness that's been keeping me from taking this step in previous years. I've lately come to this realization. And fear. and?
  3. eschator83
    May 6, '14 5:44 pm
    eschator83
    Timothy Drake's book, There We Stood, Here We Stand, consists of eleven personal stories of conversions by Lutherans to Catholicism, including Tim's own story. These are emotional, deeply-moving stories of people seeking Communion and Truth of God. Strongly recommended.
  4. Kimley
    May 2, '14 8:48 am
    Kimley
    I have been a Pentecostal Christian all my life; my husband and I coverted this vigil. There are so many prayers, devotions, books on prayers and devotions...help!! Of course, from my background, prayer was spontaneous from the heart. Where should I begin as a new Catholic?
    Thread: Prayer Life
  5. eschator83
    Apr 5, '14 9:22 am
    eschator83
    It may be helpful to add to the previous comments that many parishes, perhaps even most, will welcome into ongoing RCIA programs baptized Christians, Catholic or other, especially if they have actively been attending Church, as late as early into the new year. This is at the discretion of the RCIA team and pastor; it may depend largely on the number of new candidates.
    If you missed the RCIA startup sat your neighboring parishes ( they probably have varying start-up dates), ask anyway if you can start late.
    Many Diocese have several, separate programs for baptized but not previously confirmed Catholics, but some encourage RCIA for Catholics who have had little catechism.
  6. GraceAnne3
    Mar 27, '14 4:05 pm
    GraceAnne3
    Thanks for sharing the catechism, Beth.
    I agree, the leaders pushing the healthcare act are pushing scandal. When people are forced to go against their morals so the government can implement a national program, then that is scandal. Essentially those promoting this required healthcare plan are forcing others to live in sin. i.e. supporting abortion
    Thread: scandal
  7. GraceAnne3
    Mar 27, '14 3:35 pm
    GraceAnne3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by beth40n2 View Post
    God parents are needed when you are baptized as a child in case something happens to your parents, the God parents will raise you. For entering the church it is suggested to have one sponsor to help you with your faith, but a couple sounds great!
    My cradle Catholic friend told me God parents do not step in to raise the child in the parent's absence, but instead they are there to come alongside the parents (biological or adoptive) and be a spiritual guide in the child's life. She was clear that a written will regarding the child's care upon the parent's unexpected demise is totally separate. But she did say she's made sure the parent's of her God Children understand that before accepting the responsibility.
    Thread: God Parents?
  8. SecretaryMonday
    Mar 19, '14 9:42 am
    SecretaryMonday
    Hugs, athalia.

I can tell you what I've been told; "I'm proud of you for having the courage to experience your feelings!" Sometimes its easier for me to just suppress stuff because it seems too bad for me to be thinking or feeling, but this is a real issue and it comes with real feelings. Being angry doesn't mean that I'm going to blame people for something they didn't mean to do (I know that I was raised with very loving parents and teachers who were doing their best to give me the truth). You can forgive others, especially when something wasn't really their fault to begin with, but be very patient with yourself if the feelings linger. It can be normal to have some anger about stuff like this.
  9. firead
    Mar 18, '14 9:12 am
    firead
    Definitely check with your priest as soon as possible, but you will probably need to baptized with the Triune formula ("Father, Son, & Holy Spirit). I know this was true of one personin my parish who had been baptized as a Oneness Pentecostal.
  10. eschator83
    Jan 8, '14 4:53 pm
    eschator83
    On one hand, each of us has such different interests that its very hard to make a useful universal recommendation for reading--and most often I've heard the suggestion that you ask for guidance from your RCIA team members, who know a bit about you as well as the material you have been discussing in RCIA.
    On the other hand, I think every serious Catholic and inquirer should have:
    -Catechism
    -a good concordance--I recommend the New World NAB Dictionary-Concordance
    -lives of the Saints in liturgical Calendar-I think Butler is best but also most expensive, John Delany is very reverential
    -biographies of your patron Saint and one or two others of interest
    -a good book about prayer
    -history of Church--I suggest Eusebius, also Richard O'Brien Lives of the Popes (even though he is absurdly critical of hierarchy)
    We will keep you in our prayers.
    Thread: Reading Lists?

Group Wall Messages 1 to 10 of 318
  1. eschator83
    May 22, '14 7:06 am
    eschator83
    https://www.nsc-chariscenter.org/ I enjoyed looking at this site, which I hoped might provide helpful devotional texts. I was very interested in their announcement of a online formation program, but tried quite a number of the the contents sections and always got an error message--unreachable. I wonder if others had same problem (misery loves company?x?) and if anyone was successful in getting into this program. I've bookmarked it, will go back and try again soon.
    Thank you Beth for interesting reference.
  2. beth40n2
    May 18, '14 5:18 pm
    beth40n2
    Kimley, you may want to check out the Catholic Charismatic Renewal. https://www.nsc-chariscenter.org/ is website to connect with a group in your areas. I came from a Pentecostal background also.
  3. Kimley
    May 2, '14 8:28 am
    Kimley
    My husband and I were born, raised, and live in the south. No friends or family Catholics. Can you believe it? We came into the Catholic church Easter vigil this year!! We are from a Pentecostal background.
  4. dsully
    Apr 29, '14 6:51 pm
    dsully
    I did it! I was confirmed at the vigil this year! Praise God!
  5. eschator83
    Apr 23, '14 10:40 am
    eschator83
    Welcome, prayer, and best wishes for the 2014 Tiber River Swim Club.
  6. eschator83
    Apr 8, '14 10:33 am
    eschator83
    Tk, you've been expressing a lot of concern in other posts--We still pray for you. But its OK to stay with the team another year, and help others look for answers, logic, and inspiration. Be assured of our prayers.
  7. eschator83
    Oct 3, '13 7:16 am
    eschator83
    TK421, we will keep you and all inquirers in our prayers.
  8. TK421
    Sep 23, '13 2:36 pm
    TK421
    Here goes. I'm off to my meet & greet for kicking off RCIA.

9. houseofsaul
    Apr 29, '13 11:17 pm
    houseofsaul
    1st Congrats to all that were confirmed on Easter Vigil.

Just an FYI update: I did not join the Church this year. I started a new job and could not be guaranteed to have the 2 mandatory days off for the Rite of Acceptance and another mandatory something...

I have never felt like I was a part of the parish or felt excited to go to the RCIA classes, even tho I have continued to attend when I can.

There is a different parish which is also part of a different diocese which is a short drive from me which I plan to visit.
  10. beth40n2
    Mar 28, '13 6:33 pm
    beth40n2
    Congratulations to everyone who is joining the church this year at the Easter Vigil on Saturday!