Search Groups

MembersPopular Groups
1978Meet and talk,talk talk
Created by: jeana12
1650Impurity Addiction Support Group
Created by: whm
936Divine Mercy
Created by: windmelody
904CLEAN jokes (because we need to laugh)
Created by: tuscany
811OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Created by: AFCatholic
805Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Created by: 4elise
756Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Created by: FootStool
710Catholics in the South
Created by: Parce Domine
649Charismatic Christians and Friends
Created by: denwiles
593Knights of Columbus
Created by: tee_eff_em

MsgsMost Active Groups
8035Meet and talk,talk talk
Last by: Greenfields
4822CAF Prayer Warriors Support Group
Last by: Irishmom2
4288Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Last by: James_OPL
4027OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Last by: fencersmother
3811SOLITUDE
Last by: tuscany
3367Let's empty Purgatory
Last by: James_OPL
3184Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Last by: libralion
3146Poems and Reflections
Last by: PathWalker
2962For seniors and shut- ins
Last by: SERVENT FOR GOD
2688Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Last by: grateful_child

Latest Wall Messages
For seniors and shut- ins
some days i feel like ...
Today By: SERVENT FOR GOD
Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Praying for world peac...
Today By: grateful_child
Praying for our Future Spouse
Jesus is risen ! May y...
Today By: fin
Meet and talk,talk talk
Happy Easter ! He is r...
Today By: Greenfields
CAF Prayer Warriors Support Group
Easter blessing to all...
Today By: Irishmom2
Catholics in the South
Have a blessed Easter ...
Today By: Parce Domine
SOLITUDE
[SIZE="3"][B][COLOR="I...
Today By: tuscany
Poems and Reflections
A blessed Easter to al...
Today By: PathWalker
Let's Empty Purgatory 2
Praying for the releas...
Today By: tawny
Prayer Warriors Needed To Pray For Addicts
Praying for all those ...
Today By: tawny

Social Network Stats
452,219Members
739,414Topics
12,043,384Posts
1186Groups
10479Photos
211368Messages

Go Back   Catholic Answers Groups > Social Groups

This is a public group. Social Group

RCIA AND CONVERTS

Visit the forum of this group.
Group created by beth40n2

For people interested in joining the Catholic Church, for anyone with questions about the faith, and for converts to share what they have gone through in their conversion process. Everyone is welcome.

Showing 1 of 1 Picture(s)
jesusworthit
From beth40n2

Group Activity in Group Forum
Activity in forum
Visit the forum of this group.
  1. eschator83
    Apr 5, '14 9:22 am
    eschator83
    It may be helpful to add to the previous comments that many parishes, perhaps even most, will welcome into ongoing RCIA programs baptized Christians, Catholic or other, especially if they have actively been attending Church, as late as early into the new year. This is at the discretion of the RCIA team and pastor; it may depend largely on the number of new candidates.
    If you missed the RCIA startup sat your neighboring parishes ( they probably have varying start-up dates), ask anyway if you can start late.
    Many Diocese have several, separate programs for baptized but not previously confirmed Catholics, but some encourage RCIA for Catholics who have had little catechism.
  2. GraceAnne3
    Mar 27, '14 4:05 pm
    GraceAnne3
    Thanks for sharing the catechism, Beth.
    I agree, the leaders pushing the healthcare act are pushing scandal. When people are forced to go against their morals so the government can implement a national program, then that is scandal. Essentially those promoting this required healthcare plan are forcing others to live in sin. i.e. supporting abortion
    Thread: scandal
  3. GraceAnne3
    Mar 27, '14 3:35 pm
    GraceAnne3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by beth40n2 View Post
    God parents are needed when you are baptized as a child in case something happens to your parents, the God parents will raise you. For entering the church it is suggested to have one sponsor to help you with your faith, but a couple sounds great!
    My cradle Catholic friend told me God parents do not step in to raise the child in the parent's absence, but instead they are there to come alongside the parents (biological or adoptive) and be a spiritual guide in the child's life. She was clear that a written will regarding the child's care upon the parent's unexpected demise is totally separate. But she did say she's made sure the parent's of her God Children understand that before accepting the responsibility.
    Thread: God Parents?
  4. SecretaryMonday
    Mar 19, '14 9:42 am
    SecretaryMonday
    Hugs, athalia.

I can tell you what I've been told; "I'm proud of you for having the courage to experience your feelings!" Sometimes its easier for me to just suppress stuff because it seems too bad for me to be thinking or feeling, but this is a real issue and it comes with real feelings. Being angry doesn't mean that I'm going to blame people for something they didn't mean to do (I know that I was raised with very loving parents and teachers who were doing their best to give me the truth). You can forgive others, especially when something wasn't really their fault to begin with, but be very patient with yourself if the feelings linger. It can be normal to have some anger about stuff like this.
  5. firead
    Mar 18, '14 9:12 am
    firead
    Definitely check with your priest as soon as possible, but you will probably need to baptized with the Triune formula ("Father, Son, & Holy Spirit). I know this was true of one personin my parish who had been baptized as a Oneness Pentecostal.
  6. eschator83
    Jan 8, '14 4:53 pm
    eschator83
    On one hand, each of us has such different interests that its very hard to make a useful universal recommendation for reading--and most often I've heard the suggestion that you ask for guidance from your RCIA team members, who know a bit about you as well as the material you have been discussing in RCIA.
    On the other hand, I think every serious Catholic and inquirer should have:
    -Catechism
    -a good concordance--I recommend the New World NAB Dictionary-Concordance
    -lives of the Saints in liturgical Calendar-I think Butler is best but also most expensive, John Delany is very reverential
    -biographies of your patron Saint and one or two others of interest
    -a good book about prayer
    -history of Church--I suggest Eusebius, also Richard O'Brien Lives of the Popes (even though he is absurdly critical of hierarchy)
    We will keep you in our prayers.
    Thread: Reading Lists?
  7. SeekerB1965
    Dec 24, '13 8:45 am
    SeekerB1965
    I share some of the concerns mentioned above. One of my struggles in life, in general, is perfectionism. I try to follow the rules, and I'm pretty hard on myself when I fail.

The religious solution I have tried, finding a religion (or denomination) that is loose on rules, has not been very satisfying.

I am the last person on earth to throw stones at anyone. I know what suffering is, and I know the suffering caused by sin, so I have a lot of compassion for those who suffer (and life is suffering). Maybe the answer for me is humility, faith, and forgiveness...in prayer for myself and others. But to have any of that, I have to understand what the rules are, and there is some clarity in that in Catholicism (I'm finding so far, at least).

Although some of the theological and philosophical reasoning is incomprehensible to me.

I have not enrolled in RCIA, but I'm thinking of doing so.

Peace and grace,
    SeekerB
    Thread: concerns
  8. IneedGod
    Mar 29, '13 9:10 am
    IneedGod
    I wanted to congratulate everyone again, houseofsaul, beth40n2' paligan
    All of you!
    I am thankful to have found CAF and to go through this journey with you!
    God bless. :
    Thread: Tomorrow
  9. IneedGod
    Mar 14, '13 11:05 pm
    IneedGod
    Holy Saturday is coming up real fast,
    Congratulations to my fellow RCIA of 2012-2013
    Thread: Holy Saturday
  10. dee burk
    Dec 3, '12 7:31 am
    dee burk
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by paligan View Post
    I guess from what Im hearing is that Ive really screwed up, and Ive been judged by my peers, so I figure I will just drop out if class and let God iudge me for my mistake Thanks
    Not judging, in the least. Just sharing what i have been told. Remember... God forgives. There are far worse transgressions in this world that God forgives us for. Don't let a website discourage what you are trying to obtain. That relationship with God.
    Thread: Opps

Group Wall Messages 1 to 10 of 313
  1. eschator83
    Apr 8, '14 10:33 am
    eschator83
    Tk, you've been expressing a lot of concern in other posts--We still pray for you. But its OK to stay with the team another year, and help others look for answers, logic, and inspiration. Be assured of our prayers.
  2. eschator83
    Oct 3, '13 7:16 am
    eschator83
    TK421, we will keep you and all inquirers in our prayers.
  3. TK421
    Sep 23, '13 2:36 pm
    TK421
    Here goes. I'm off to my meet & greet for kicking off RCIA.

4. houseofsaul
    Apr 29, '13 11:17 pm
    houseofsaul
    1st Congrats to all that were confirmed on Easter Vigil.

Just an FYI update: I did not join the Church this year. I started a new job and could not be guaranteed to have the 2 mandatory days off for the Rite of Acceptance and another mandatory something...

I have never felt like I was a part of the parish or felt excited to go to the RCIA classes, even tho I have continued to attend when I can.

There is a different parish which is also part of a different diocese which is a short drive from me which I plan to visit.
  5. beth40n2
    Mar 28, '13 6:33 pm
    beth40n2
    Congratulations to everyone who is joining the church this year at the Easter Vigil on Saturday!
  6. IneedGod
    Mar 24, '13 4:34 pm
    IneedGod
    I hope you all had a wonderful and blessed Palm Sunday.
    Wow the time did go by quickly. When I was waiting for RCIA to start it seemed like forever but.......
    By this time next week we will be joining the others in line for the Eucharist
  7. RJ Empson
    Feb 13, '13 5:32 am
    RJ Empson
    Hi all, had Rite of welcoming last Sunday and this Saturday morning is the Rite of election with Bishop Philip at Portsmouth Cathederal. It is getting closer and closer to that special day now.
  8. CountrySteve
    Dec 2, '12 3:31 pm
    CountrySteve
    Howdy fellow RCIA people or as I call us, Half- Catholics XD

Hows RCIA going for you all?
  9. beth40n2
    Nov 16, '12 7:12 pm
    beth40n2
    RCIA is usually once a week, unless the priest chooses to have it twice. My priest encouraged me to read the Catechism and bring questions each week. Also it is good to do studying on your own. This website has many resources to help you learn the faith.
  10. Gem02
    Nov 7, '12 10:51 pm
    Gem02
    How many times a week does everyone go to RCIA class? The last RCIA class I was in was only once a week for an hour and I never felt like it was enough. And what do you do in the class. Last time I was going home with cross word puzzle type stuff. This time around I want to find a church not connect to an elementary school because I think it influenced the quality of the class.