Search Groups

MembersPopular Groups
2072Meet and talk,talk talk
Created by: jeana12
1683Impurity Addiction Support Group
Created by: whm
962CLEAN jokes (because we need to laugh)
Created by: tuscany
934Divine Mercy
Created by: windmelody
836OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Created by: AFCatholic
830Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Created by: 4elise
768Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Created by: FootStool
720Catholics in the South
Created by: Parce Domine
649Charismatic Christians and Friends
Created by: denwiles
593Knights of Columbus
Created by: tee_eff_em

MsgsMost Active Groups
8257Meet and talk,talk talk
Last by: GLam8833
5018CAF Prayer Warriors Support Group
Last by: UpUpAndAway
4345Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Last by: lsbar
4029OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Last by: B79
3834SOLITUDE
Last by: tuscany
3570Let's empty Purgatory
Last by: RJB
3230Poems and Reflections
Last by: tonyg
3206Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Last by: Chast Forever
3130Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Last by: Amiciel
3048For seniors and shut- ins
Last by: tammany

Latest Wall Messages
Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Thanks Elise for writi...
Today By: Chast Forever
Let's Empty Purgatory 2
[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"...
Today By: Avila123
Women Suffering Because of Unchastity
Thinking of all of you...
Today By: bmaj
Prayer Warriors Needed To Pray For Addicts
I recently discovered ...
Today By: LenaV
Let's empty Purgatory
Eternal Father, I offe...
Today By: RJB
Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
[url]www.savior.org[/u...
Today By: Amiciel
Let us Read the Bible and Encounter Christ!
Great comments!!! I'l...
Today By: Amiciel
CLEAN jokes (because we need to laugh)
[COLOR="Green"][B][FON...
Today By: tuscany
Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus
Thank you for that won...
Yesterday By: JosieN
Exoplanets and Astrobiology from a Catholic Perspe...
Resources will not be ...
Yesterday By: wmw

Social Network Stats
463,497Members
758,065Topics
12,337,736Posts
1194Groups
10661Photos
215253Messages

Go Back   Catholic Answers Groups > Social Groups

This is a moderated group. Social Group

Catholics in the South

Group created by Parce Domine

Does your local phone book list seventy different churches under thirty separate denominations, twenty more missions and sub-denominations, plus a dozen other religious societies and congregations, but only one Catholic parish? Are you often asked, "If you died right now, do you KNOW you'd go to heaven?"

Do people talk about you in restaurants when you cross yourself for the blessing? Do they roll their eyes or snort when they see a crucifix around your neck?

Do people leave pamphlets on your porch because you have a statue of Mary in your yard, or put tracts on your windshield because you have a rosary hanging from your rear-view mirror?

Do your friends, neighbors, and in-laws pretty much agree that you need converting because you're Catholic, not what they consider "saved" and "born-again?"

Do people of more than three denominations, religions, or organizations come to your house to try to explain what it takes to be a REAL Christian? Have you ever been stared at during an "altar call?" At a wedding?

Or do you live in a part of the South where Catholics aren't the minority, like St. Francisville, Louisiana or Ave Maria, Florida?

Please come in and share your stories and experiences: good, bad, frustrating, humorous, or whatever. If you aren't in or from the South, come on in anyway and have a cup of coffee or glass of sweet iced tea. Join in the conversation and get to know what it's like to be a Catholic in the Bible Belt.

Showing 5 of 6 Picture(s)
Rosary
From Parce Domine
God loves us.
From Parce Domine
6a00d8345206a669e20134854ec368970c 800wi
From DasErlibnis
Armadale shrine 2
From JRPO
quokka
From JRPO

Group Activity in Group Forum
Group Wall Messages 1 to 10 of 1496
  1. Parce Domine
    Jul 12, '14 6:42 pm
    Parce Domine
    Check out the moon tonight, and if you stay out, remember your skeeter repellent.
  2. Parce Domine
    Jun 26, '14 7:46 pm
    Parce Domine
    Hi, wumpiesmommy. Welcome to the Church!
    That's so sad about your family not wanting to come to your wedding because it's Catholic. It's a common problem around here, because people only know what they've heard from "reliable" sources about Catholicism. Unfortunately, only non-Catholic sources are considered reliable. Ironic, huh?
    But we wish you the very best, and hope your Catholic wedding is beautiful and solemn and joyous and wonderful! Congratulations! So when is your Sacrament of Holy Matrimony taking place? (You don't have to answer, of course.)
  3. wumpiesmommy
    Jun 23, '14 10:00 pm
    wumpiesmommy
    I'm a convert to Catholicism. I've heard secondhand that most of my family won't see me or come to my wedding bc it's a Catholic wedding. Also people, other Christians, try to argue with me or at best try to convert me lol. I often hear "Don't tell him/her/them you're Catholic," but no one's had the nerve to say anything to my face.
  4. Parce Domine
    Jun 16, '14 7:16 pm
    Parce Domine
    Hey, y'all! I hope everyone is having a blessed summer. It might not be summer officially, but we know summertime in the South starts about the same time June busts out all over, right? At least it doesn't hit triple digits until July or August in most places. Whew! A couple of months of that is enough.

Is anyone planning a pilgrimage during summer vacation? Please share with us! Don't post anything that might compromise your security or anything, but where are you going, what kind of group will you be traveling with (religious, family, or alone), etc.? And tell us all about it when you get back! Also, post photos. Y'all are always welcome to post photos. Just get permission if you post a picture somebody else took.
  5. Parce Domine
    May 8, '14 7:06 pm
    Parce Domine
    How is everyone? It was good to see your post, pippin.
    Y'all sure are a quiet group for a bunch of Southerners.
  6. pippin
    Apr 29, '14 10:54 am
    pippin
    I've been very busy at work lately and haven't been on here. We went to Holy Saturday Vigil Mass. It was beautiful. I find the liturgy very inspiring; it makes me remember why I'm Catholic. Hope everyone had a blessed Easter and Divine Mercy Sunday
  7. Parce Domine
    Apr 25, '14 7:02 am
    Parce Domine
    With storms rolling across the South for the next several days, it's a good time to check your emergency supplies and print out those storm prayers again if necessary. Don't forget the prayers for protection, too. The lists and prayers can be found in the group's forums.
    There's a possibility that some of these storms will produce severe weather, including tornadoes. I hope and pray everyone stays safe. God bless y'all!
  8. Parce Domine
    Apr 20, '14 1:32 pm
    Parce Domine
    Have a blessed Easter everyone! I'm off to pray my Divine Mercy Novena prayer for the day. God bless y'all!
  9. Parce Domine
    Apr 18, '14 7:04 am
    Parce Domine
    I hope everyone had a good Holy Thursday (Maundy Thursday), and that you have a blessed Good Friday.
  10. Parce Domine
    Apr 17, '14 2:02 pm
    Parce Domine
    I've had some trouble signing in here for a while, but I'm back. (The problem was mine, not Catholic Answers'.)