Search Groups

MembersPopular Groups
1982Meet and talk,talk talk
Created by: jeana12
1650Impurity Addiction Support Group
Created by: whm
936Divine Mercy
Created by: windmelody
911CLEAN jokes (because we need to laugh)
Created by: tuscany
811OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Created by: AFCatholic
806Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Created by: 4elise
757Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Created by: FootStool
710Catholics in the South
Created by: Parce Domine
649Charismatic Christians and Friends
Created by: denwiles
593Knights of Columbus
Created by: tee_eff_em

MsgsMost Active Groups
8043Meet and talk,talk talk
Last by: HillsongUnited
4828CAF Prayer Warriors Support Group
Last by: tawny
4294Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Last by: James_OPL
4027OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Last by: fencersmother
3812SOLITUDE
Last by: beth40n2
3376Let's empty Purgatory
Last by: James_OPL
3184Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Last by: libralion
3150Poems and Reflections
Last by: PathWalker
2961For seniors and shut- ins
Last by: tammany
2701Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Last by: Amiciel

Latest Wall Messages
Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
[url]www.savior.org[/u...
Today By: Amiciel
Let's empty Purgatory
Eternal Father, I offe...
Yesterday By: James_OPL
Divine Mercy: Jesus I trust in you.
[I][FONT="PalatinoLino...
Divine Mercy
[I][FONT="Palatino Lin...
Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
[I][FONT="Palatino Lin...
Praying for our Future Spouse
I hope everyone is enj...
Yesterday By: fin
BE NOT AFRAID -- Catholics Living With Anxiety Dis...
Hello...I am new and s...
Yesterday By: lonelydove
Meet and talk,talk talk
BTW, hello everyone! ...
Yesterday By: HillsongUnited
prayer warriors
There is no greater gi...
Yesterday By: darfro
Poems and Reflections
[I][B]Treasured Holy P...
Yesterday By: PathWalker

Social Network Stats
452,669Members
740,003Topics
12,053,724Posts
1187Groups
10482Photos
211513Messages

Go Back   Catholic Answers Groups > Social Groups

This is a moderated group. Social Group

Catholics in the South

Group created by Parce Domine

Does your local phone book list seventy different churches under thirty separate denominations, twenty more missions and sub-denominations, plus a dozen other religious societies and congregations, but only one Catholic parish? Are you often asked, "If you died right now, do you KNOW you'd go to heaven?"

Do people talk about you in restaurants when you cross yourself for the blessing? Do they roll their eyes or snort when they see a crucifix around your neck?

Do people leave pamphlets on your porch because you have a statue of Mary in your yard, or put tracts on your windshield because you have a rosary hanging from your rear-view mirror?

Do your friends, neighbors, and in-laws pretty much agree that you need converting because you're Catholic, not what they consider "saved" and "born-again?"

Do people of more than three denominations, religions, or organizations come to your house to try to explain what it takes to be a REAL Christian? Have you ever been stared at during an "altar call?" At a wedding?

Or do you live in a part of the South where Catholics aren't the minority, like St. Francisville, Louisiana or Ave Maria, Florida?

Please come in and share your stories and experiences: good, bad, frustrating, humorous, or whatever. If you aren't in or from the South, come on in anyway and have a cup of coffee or glass of sweet iced tea. Join in the conversation and get to know what it's like to be a Catholic in the Bible Belt.

Showing 5 of 6 Picture(s)
Rosary
From Parce Domine
God loves us.
From Parce Domine
6a00d8345206a669e20134854ec368970c 800wi
From DasErlibnis
Armadale shrine 2
From JRPO
quokka
From JRPO

Group Activity in Group Forum
Group Wall Messages 151 to 160 of 1489
  1. Parce Domine
    Oct 3, '12 10:30 am
    Parce Domine
    Jwder, keep us posted on the book, and prayinghands, please keep us posted on your recovery progress.

kkollwitz, congratulations! BIG ROAR!!!
  2. prayinghands
    Oct 2, '12 3:30 am
    prayinghands
    Good morning all.

jwder09 , If I were at your place of employment, I would have already snagged your book. Praying someone will grab your book; let us know what happens. By the way , I think I am on the mend. Dr appt today, hopefully to remove the last tube. All of my prayers being distributed by Our Lady. She knows exactly where to place them. Thanks, for all the prayers jwder09. They are being answered.

Yes, congratulations kkolwitz.
  3. jwder09
    Oct 1, '12 4:35 pm
    jwder09
    Good day all. Sometime ago, our Parish distributed copies of the book "Rediscovering Catholicism". It was a quick, and precise read. At work, there is a book shelf in our break room dedicated to our "book exchange". See a book you want, take it. Have a book you want to share, leave it. Admittedly, I have yet to take any books (romance novels just are not my thing); but, I couldn't help but feel that my used copy of "Rediscovering Catholicism" mjght spark interest in a curious mind. I'll keep my eye out to see if leaves the shelf.

kkolwitz' kudos and congratulations! Keep us posted on.

Prayinghands, how are you doing? I was glad to see you went home. Prayer warriors, such as you, are a vital part of our Lord's plan (and a great blessing to all of us) so rest well knowing that I will continue to keep you in my prayers.
  4. kkollwitz
    Sep 28, '12 5:14 pm
    kkollwitz
    P'hands, what a tale! I'll pray for your recovery. In other news my book now has an Imprimatur, and it looks like I'll be doing a teaching session at the Diocesan teacher's confab 2/28-3/1 next year in Columbia.
  5. prayinghands
    Sep 26, '12 3:57 am
    prayinghands
    Good morning all.

Yes Parce, golf ball size stones. Amazing how other doctors could not detect them. I can honestly say I don't miss them. They were a conversation piece during my hospital stay of 5 days. Needless to say I go back to the doctor today hoping and praying that all staples and drains will be removed. Our Blessed Mother will be with me again.

You know something very strange happened just before surgery. I was being prepped for surgery , and as I layed there I felt very alone. I could not say my usual prayers or anything. Then suddenly as they began to wheel me into surgery , the Fatima Prayer was the only prayer I could recite; along with " For the sake of His sorrowful Passion have Mercy on us and on the whole world."from the the Divine Mercy Chaplet."

I remember closing my eyes and saying "come with me please , I need all of you there".........Three hours later, I was in a room and no pain. So yes, we are heard, yes TRUSTING AND TURNING OVER everything and laying them on the altar is the only way .....
  6. Parce Domine
    Sep 25, '12 8:34 pm
    Parce Domine
    Wow, prayinghands! Yes, please do write about your experience! OUCH!!! GOLF BALL size? TWO stones that big?! How many times was the word "miracle" used?

Jwder, I don't think I ever saw an electronic manger toy, but that's a sweet story.
  7. jwder09
    Sep 24, '12 2:42 am
    jwder09
    Prayinghands, I will certainly keep you in my prayers. May God bless and comfort you.
  8. prayinghands
    Sep 23, '12 6:22 am
    prayinghands
    Hey I'm here. Good to hear from you jwder09 and Parce.

OK, straight to the point this morning. I've been in the the hospital all week. Gall bladder so infected had to leave it in. Did remove 2 gall stones the size of golf balls , so now I must go back in for more surgery. I just need your prayers and everyone else to pray for my recovery so that I can continue with my mission. My mission is to pray for the forgotten and the lonely. To help anyone that is in need . So you see I need your prayers for recovery.

By the way when I feel better I will be writing about some of my Catholic experiences in the hospital. So just be prepared.

jwder09, Yes, God Can Fix all..............
  9. jwder09
    Sep 22, '12 1:15 pm
    jwder09
    An old favorite is back. When my eldest, Abby, was about 4 or 5 great grandma gave her a toy manger that illustrates our Lord's birth (in all its electronic glory). I thought for sure Abby would wear it out, but, other than the batteries, it survived. I can't tell you how often my (now estranged) wife and I awoke to the narration of our Lord's birth. Abby played it constsntly. All through the night.

While cleaning out the closets, I found the manger; and, I gave it to my younger one, Sarah. Needless to say, I have been awakened to the Allelueia Chorus once more. What a blessing!
  10. jwder09
    Sep 21, '12 7:12 pm
    jwder09
    So, get this: I took the day off from work to go to my older daughter's school picknic. Now, I keep thinking it's Saturday. I can't tell you how many times I told my little one to get to bed so she will be up on time for Church in the morning.

On a side note, does anyone else try to signal folks with Rosaries in their cars? Twice todsy I stopped at red light and noticed the cars next to me haf Rosaries on the rear view mirror. I wanted to get their attention by holding mine up; but alas, the lights turned green.