Search Groups

MembersPopular Groups
2104Meet and talk,talk talk
Created by: jeana12
1700Impurity Addiction Support Group
Created by: whm
973CLEAN jokes (because we need to laugh)
Created by: tuscany
934Divine Mercy
Created by: windmelody
845OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Created by: AFCatholic
837Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Created by: 4elise
774Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Created by: FootStool
724Catholics in the South
Created by: Parce Domine
649Charismatic Christians and Friends
Created by: denwiles
593Knights of Columbus
Created by: tee_eff_em

MsgsMost Active Groups
8303Meet and talk,talk talk
Last by: Inariga
5069CAF Prayer Warriors Support Group
Last by: UpUpAndAway
4355Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Last by: Marla Frances
4035OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Last by: 3DOCTORS
3853SOLITUDE
Last by: Prairie Rose
3613Let's empty Purgatory
Last by: RJB
3264Poems and Reflections
Last by: PathWalker
3210Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Last by: 4elise
3196Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Last by: Amiciel
3067For seniors and shut- ins
Last by: tammany

Latest Wall Messages
Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Prayers for the conver...
Today By: Amiciel
Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Footstool You have m...
Today By: Marla Frances
Impurity Addiction Support Group
Farawayaria, you may b...
Today By: whm
SOLITUDE
Hellooooo Just a qu...
Today By: Prairie Rose
sci fi lovers unite with catholicism!!!!!
just add me on 3Doctor...
Today By: thestudentAD
Publish answered prayers, novenas chaplets
as promised....thank y...
Today By: dbrennis
Let's empty Purgatory
Eternal Father, I offe...
Today By: RJB
The Fasting Group
Pax Christi. Today I ...
Today By: svid2
CLEAN jokes (because we need to laugh)
Paddy had long heard t...
Today By: TARRAT
Baseball fans
Steve Balboni is all ...
Yesterday By: robertmidwest

Social Network Stats
466,627Members
763,034Topics
12,416,068Posts
1195Groups
10686Photos
216182Messages

Go Back   Catholic Answers Groups > Social Groups

This is a public group. Social Group

Catholic College Students

Visit the forum of this group.
Group created by jpunto7

This is a group mostly for Catholics who are currently in college, going to go to college, or anything else involving college and being catholic, but others are invited to comment in this open form as well.

Group Activity in Group Forum
Activity in forum
Visit the forum of this group.
  1. RuthTherese
    Apr 14, '14 10:54 am
    RuthTherese
    Hi! New to the group, but Catholic college student attending a Free Methodist college. Looking forward to getting to know people!
  2. Lcugini
    Dec 17, '13 6:38 am
    Lcugini
    Not a problem! I did some more digging myself and found Theta Phi Alpha and Mu Epsilon Theta to be very strong in the faith aspect.

Either way, I appreciate the help immensely.

God Bless
  3. everancient
    May 19, '13 3:36 pm
    everancient
    I'm curious what your Campus Ministry is like. I go to a small Catholic college, where about half of the students identify as Catholic but only thirty or so show up for mass (on a good day). The Campus Ministry at my school needs to be strengthened for Catholics (and also needs to have resources for Protestants and other religious groups as well). What is your Campus Ministry like? What types of programs do you have?

Amy P.
    my Catholic blog: http://obeautyeverancient.wordpress.com/
  4. alli_buttercup
    Apr 4, '13 7:48 pm
    alli_buttercup
    Hello,
    I am part of a Catholic Student Organization at my college campus. We are having a hard time figuring out stuff to do to get involved on campus, have fun, and attract more people to our ranks. Any ideas?
  5. Godisgreat23
    Mar 19, '13 3:39 am
    Godisgreat23
    I've made a thread on this subject here. I do believe its very important its a dying virtue and you never find these virtues these days but I'm sure there are devout Catholics who do practice this heavenly virtue. The biggest question you have to ask yourself how bad do you want heaven and are you willing to do anything to get there?

http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=764970
  6. Godisgreat23
    Mar 19, '13 3:35 am
    Godisgreat23
    You hear this a lot I've blocked myself from the world because of this reason and try to ignore them but we are thought to pray for the non believers and pray for the conversion of sinners.

Matthew 5:43-48

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[a] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
  7. Godisgreat23
    Mar 15, '13 10:13 pm
    Godisgreat23
    Thanks for the warm welcome chloe13 Okay cool good to hear the site is free to use I will join the group
  8. Godisgreat23
    Mar 15, '13 3:21 am
    Godisgreat23
    You will find many people on this catholic forum so much knowledge available here
    Thread: hey!
  9. Godisgreat23
    Mar 15, '13 3:21 am
    Godisgreat23
    I would say Padre Pio or Francis of Assissi
  10. llenadegracia
    Dec 4, '12 8:27 pm
    llenadegracia
    I wish people posted more in this group!

I'm a woman so obviously the whole seminary thing just won't work for me haha...

But someone else posted this on CAF...

youtube.com/watch?v=eigZWsaSkUw

Looks pretty good...!

I hope there's enough holy men called to marriage. All the young men I know are discerning and I don't want to be that girl that gets in the way of their vocation!

Maybe I should go wait on teh seminary steps as the saying goes...

Group Wall Messages 21 to 30 of 147
  1. Lexagmor
    Aug 12, '11 1:25 pm
    Lexagmor
    I think that decline in the faith of young adults can be seen everywhere. Lack of catechesis and faith community
  2. jpunto7
    May 31, '11 2:53 pm
    jpunto7
    Whew, finished my first full year at the Catholic College I'm at. Was very rigourous...
    Anyway, now I'm taking summer classes to catch up after I switched my major. Still busy...

How are things going for everyone else?
  3. ImGonnaBeASaint
    May 2, '11 1:40 am
    ImGonnaBeASaint
    does ANYONE KNOW WT IT TAKES TO BECOME A SAINT...????????????? I WAS ALSO WONDERING,, WHY CANT WOMEN BECOME PRIESTS...??? ID APPRECIATE YOUR ANSWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!! MESSAGE ME
  4. jpunto7
    Mar 27, '11 9:20 pm
    jpunto7
    I just thought I would let everyone know that I have been having trouble switching it back to an open group lately (wanted to have it so everyone could join without asking anyone). I thought I had it at open the whole time, but recently, I have been having trouble keeping it that way. I am going to try to get ahold of the people in charge of the groups and see if I can get this taken care of. In the mean time, I am probably going to get busy with homework again soon, so if any of your friends want to join, have them send me a message, so they don't have to be in suspense.
  5. YoungCatholic21
    Mar 7, '11 4:57 pm
    YoungCatholic21
    Hello! I go to Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, MD. I study music at the conservatory. My spring semester got to a rough start, but it's much better, Thanks be to God. I pray that everything is alright with y'all, and happy to see this group!
  6. AggieCatholic22
    Mar 7, '11 4:21 pm
    AggieCatholic22
    hey everyone, this is my first post in this group, how is everyone's spring semester going?
  7. Jazmin1
    Jan 17, '11 12:38 am
    Jazmin1
    @ daughterofmary7 That is great to here that you have decided to start the RCIA. I have gone to a couple of the RCIA classes here at my church because I would go for support for a friend of mine. And dont worry about the other students not going to church or being part of the small group of catholic students. I am sure you will do great in RCIA and welcome to the Catholic Faith. And also I assure you that praying the rosary is one of the greatest thing you can do. I pray it when I can. Good luck this semester.
  8. mjs1987
    Jan 13, '11 10:29 am
    mjs1987
    RCIA is what adult converts go through to be received in the church.
  9. Temc
    Jan 13, '11 6:46 am
    Temc
    what is the RCIA? is it a religion class for adults?
  10. daughterofmary7
    Jan 10, '11 8:44 pm
    daughterofmary7
    Hi Everyone!
    I am about to go back to college for the Spring semester, after being out of school for the fall semester. During that fall semester, I started my RCIA program at my home church. I really pondered in my heart whether the Catholic church was the right faith for me, but I am soo glad I got the courage in my heart to finally approach the priest about starting RCIA.
    At my school, there is a small, very small, student organization for catholic students. I know a ton of people that came from catholic high schools, but I guess they just don't attend mass regularly. :/ I'm not a big partier, so the college life really isn't a distraction for me. Rather, that I have the energy to get up and go to class! lol Plus, since the church in my school's hometown in a short distance from my dorm, I am trying to make a promise to go to morning mass at least one day a week that I don't have class that morning!
    anyways, please pray that I have the energy to pray the rosary everyday, and attend mass Sundays, and on mornings when I don't have an early class!
    Thanks so much everyone!