Search Groups

MembersPopular Groups
2128Meet and talk,talk talk
Created by: jeana12
1707Impurity Addiction Support Group
Created by: whm
984CLEAN jokes (because we need to laugh)
Created by: tuscany
934Divine Mercy
Created by: windmelody
853OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Created by: AFCatholic
846Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Created by: 4elise
779Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Created by: FootStool
728Catholics in the South
Created by: Parce Domine
649Charismatic Christians and Friends
Created by: denwiles
593Knights of Columbus
Created by: tee_eff_em

MsgsMost Active Groups
8349Meet and talk,talk talk
Last by: svid2
5088CAF Prayer Warriors Support Group
Last by: eschator83
4408Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Last by: DesertSister62
4037OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Last by: eschator83
3858SOLITUDE
Last by: tuscany
3675Let's empty Purgatory
Last by: DesertSister62
3268Poems and Reflections
Last by: tonyg
3245Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Last by: grateful_child
3218Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Last by: memphian
3085For seniors and shut- ins
Last by: flower lady

Latest Wall Messages
Let us Read the Bible and Encounter Christ!
[COLOR="DarkRed"]Lk 8:...
Today By: grateful_child
The Flame of Love of the Immaculate Heart of Mary
[FONT="Times New Roman...
Today By: DesertSister62
Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Prayers continuing for...
Today By: grateful_child
Our Lady of Lourdes
"My weapons are prayer...
Today By: tammany
Catholic Bible Group
I suppose it isn't str...
Today By: eschator83
Catholics in the South
Prayinghands, I'll do ...
Today By: Parce Domine
Catholic Women Who Veil
BLP, can you suggest s...
Today By: Ms_Manners
First Friday + First Saturday Devotion
The Chaplet of St. Michael the Archangel
Let's empty Purgatory

Social Network Stats
469,192Members
767,010Topics
12,475,402Posts
1200Groups
10745Photos
217173Messages

Go Back   Catholic Answers Groups > Social Groups

This is a public group. Social Group

Apostles of Our Lady of Kibeho

Group created by angellea

First apparition was on Nov. 28, 1981. It was approved by Vatican in 2001. Our Lady's main message: Convert and repent, recognize Her as Our Mother and love one another etc... say the Seven Sorrows Rosary and help Her to spread these messages.

Showing 5 of 6 Picture(s)

Group Activity in Group Forum
Group Wall Messages 21 to 30 of 196
  1. DesertSister62
    Dec 22, '11 9:59 pm
    DesertSister62
    Hi 3DOCTORS!

Yes, there were more visionaries than the original three, but the Church has only recognized the original three in correlation with the Visions of the Genocide in Rwanda before they took place. The other visionaries came later.

I would heartily recommend you finding the book on Amazon.com. If you can order enough that the order comes to $25 then that orderships for free and all you pay for are the books. I would recommend all her books. Trust me, I didn't write about the entire book on my column, there is still a lot more to read about both books! I just hit the high spots for those who wouldn't ever get the book on their own. I wanted more people to get to know her and her struggle and that was the only way I knew to go about it.

Say, are you still praying the Rosary of the Seven Sorrows that Our Lady of Kibeho asked the visionaries to begin praying a few years before the genocide? There is a trilogy of youtube videos that pray that rosary outloud and it is easy to pray along with. You can find the first video here;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_52R-OUSVU
    Its by "mysaviormygod."

The Seven Sorrows Rosary by Immaculee is also found on Youtube by "Devotion2Mary." It has more parts than the one above. I think there are four parts instead of three. Immaculee prays it and she has such a wonderfully peaceful voice!
    You can find it here;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q7Dhm5BOQE

I'm listening to this video right now and it is just the one to pray when you are needing peace as the words just flow over you as Immaculee softly prays! As one person said; "... it soothes the spirit and calms the heart!" And it really does!

DesertSister62
  2. 3DOCTORS
    Dec 22, '11 6:24 pm
    3DOCTORS
    Anybody still here? I was in a Catholic store today and I was looking at Immaculee's Our Lady of Kibeho book and thinking, "I must read this soon!" My book budget is tight so I'm going to check our library. I hadn't thought to do that when the book was very new but they may have it by now.

What struck me was that there were more visionaries than just the three that you hear about the most, and more events, and it tells about Immaculee's father meeting the visionaries. Just much to reflect upon.

God bless everyone and Merry Christmas!
  3. DesertSister62
    Jun 6, '11 9:24 pm
    DesertSister62
    I posted this in the beginning when I first joined, but I felt to share it again; for those who aren't very familiar with this subject.

Well, I finished the book,..."Left to Tell," by Immaculee where she tells the story about how she survived the Ruwandan Genocide. It is the most horror filled book that I have read in recent history! All through the book I remember thinking that it was extremely possible that it could happen again,...in our Country! No, you say? Well, I have been around a little longer than most of you and trust me, I have never seen our country in this condition before. Yes, there was the great depression and it was terrible, but that was when this country still believed in God!! As a Country we used to be a Christian nation but that is no longer true!! And, IF we are not, then we will no longer have the protection of God.

So if you get a chance, read the book if you haven't read it and if you have? Read it again! I fervently believe that there is a message in there for all of us! The way that God provided for Immaculee in that cramped tiny bathroom with 7 other ladies for 91 days, we need to remember what she did and HOW she did it. Her faith grew by leaps and bounds even as her body withered. And the majority of the time she was harrassed by satan in her thought life, but she came through because she gave herself totally to God, holding nothing back.

Marie-Claire, one of the Visionaries in Rwanda, told this to those gathered for the Apparition: “One must meditate on the Passion of Jesus, and on the deep sorrows of His Mother. One must recite the Rosary every day, and also the Rosary of the Seven Sorrows of Mary, to obtain the favour of repentance.”

You know, Our Lady told them years before what was coming but like so many of us now, they didn't listen so when it came, at least a million died in the most cruel ways imaginable!

Will Our Lady find us listening when Hell's forces loom over our country? Or will we be going through the motions of our daily lives without giving her a thought?

DesertSister62
  4. DesertSister62
    May 2, '11 12:07 am
    DesertSister62
    Hi mtbarney,

It occurred to me after I posted last time that it was possible that the Promise that you referred to came from one of the other visionaries. Immaculee mentioned them in her books but only the first three Seers have been accepted by the Church so I try not to spend time reading what the others wrote. Hope this helps.

DesertSister62
  5. DesertSister62
    Apr 26, '11 9:11 pm
    DesertSister62
    Welcome "mtbarney!"

In answer to your question as to whether or not there is a specific promise having to do with being "freed from addictions and compulsions," and although it sounds familiar, I cannot say that this was a promise made to Marie-Claire in relation to praying regularly the Rosary of the Seven Sorrows. What IS promised is basically the same thing only in a general manner. Here is what Immaculee has had to say about the promises:

"During her visitations at Kibeho, the Holy Virgin revealed that this Rosary of the Seven Sorrows possesses immense spiritual power for those who say it sincerely.

" She promised that when prayed with an open and repentant heart, this Rosary would win us the Lord’s forgiveness for our sins and free souls from guilt and remorse. "

"She also promised over time, this Rosary would develop within us a deep understanding of why we sin, and that knowledge would give us the wisdom and strength to change or remove any internal flaws, weaknesses of character, or personality faults causing unhappiness and keeping us from enjoying the joyous life God intended for us to live ". (I think you will find your answer here in this paragraph. We have to pay the price to achieve the promises!)

The Rosary of the Seven Sorrows contains all the power you need

"to change your life for the better,"

"obtain peace and happiness,"

"realize your full potential,"

"fulfill all your dreams, and grow closer to God’s light".

—Immaculée Ilibagiza, international author and speaker
    on the apparitions of Our Lady of Kibeho, Rwanda
  6. mtbarney
    Apr 26, '11 2:45 pm
    mtbarney
    I read on another website that Our Lady said to Marie Claire that "by praying this rosary you will be freed from addictions and compulsions". I have been searching everywhere for independent confirmation of this. I have bought all three of Immaculee's books but can find no reference to it. Can anyone confirm that Our Lady is reported as saying this to Marie Claire?
  7. DesertSister62
    Mar 23, '11 11:19 pm
    DesertSister62
    I prayed the Rosary of the Seven Sorrows tonight along with the Litany of Our Lady of the Seven Sorrows.

DesertSister62
  8. DesertSister62
    Mar 22, '11 11:22 pm
    DesertSister62

I prayed the Rosary of the Seven Sorrows tonight along with the Litany of Our Lady of the Seven Sorrows.

DesertSister62
  9. DesertSister62
    Mar 20, '11 9:28 pm
    DesertSister62

DesertSister62
  10. DesertSister62
    Mar 11, '11 9:49 pm
    DesertSister62
    I just finished praying the Rosary of Seven Sorrows tonight, along with the Litany of Our Lady of Seven Sorrows.

DesertSister62