Search Groups

MembersPopular Groups
2072Meet and talk,talk talk
Created by: jeana12
1683Impurity Addiction Support Group
Created by: whm
962CLEAN jokes (because we need to laugh)
Created by: tuscany
934Divine Mercy
Created by: windmelody
836OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Created by: AFCatholic
830Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Created by: 4elise
769Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Created by: FootStool
720Catholics in the South
Created by: Parce Domine
649Charismatic Christians and Friends
Created by: denwiles
593Knights of Columbus
Created by: tee_eff_em

MsgsMost Active Groups
8257Meet and talk,talk talk
Last by: GLam8833
5018CAF Prayer Warriors Support Group
Last by: UpUpAndAway
4346Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Last by: FootStool
4029OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Last by: B79
3835SOLITUDE
Last by: beth40n2
3570Let's empty Purgatory
Last by: RJB
3230Poems and Reflections
Last by: tonyg
3206Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Last by: Chast Forever
3134Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Last by: Amiciel
3049For seniors and shut- ins
Last by: Thomas Choe

Latest Wall Messages
Let us Read the Bible and Encounter Christ!
[U]Study Question from...
Today By: Amiciel
Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
[url]www.savior.org[/u...
Today By: Amiciel
CLEAN jokes (because we need to laugh)
[COLOR="Green"][B][FON...
Today By: tuscany
For seniors and shut- ins
What a wonderful news ...
Yesterday By: Thomas Choe
Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Hey Isbar - James - JT...
Yesterday By: FootStool
BE NOT AFRAID -- Catholics Living With Anxiety Dis...
I'd like to clarify wh...
Yesterday By: GLam8833
sentire cum ecclesia — to think with the mind of t...
Definitely there are d...
Yesterday By: beth40n2
SOLITUDE
[B][COLOR="Red"]Hello,...
Yesterday By: beth40n2
Our Lady of Lourdes
Today is the feast of ...
Yesterday By: tammany
Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Thanks Elise for writi...
Yesterday By: Chast Forever

Social Network Stats
463,559Members
758,163Topics
12,339,195Posts
1194Groups
10662Photos
215273Messages

Go Back   Catholic Answers Groups > Social Groups

This is a public group. Social Group

Apostles of Our Lady of Kibeho

Group created by angellea

First apparition was on Nov. 28, 1981. It was approved by Vatican in 2001. Our Lady's main message: Convert and repent, recognize Her as Our Mother and love one another etc... say the Seven Sorrows Rosary and help Her to spread these messages.

Showing 5 of 6 Picture(s)

Group Activity in Group Forum
Group Wall Messages 31 to 40 of 180
  1. DesertSister62
    Dec 10, '10 12:04 pm
    DesertSister62
    Well, tonight it is time to pray the Rosary of the Seven Sorrows again, according to Our Lady. I usually pray it right before I go to bed as that is the time for me that is the most quiet and by that time the phone is usually quiet also! If you haven't prayed it before, go to this link:

http://www.motherofallpeoples.com/Ar...n-sorrows.html

and you will find the directions as to how to pray the rosary along with all the mysteries of Mary's sorrows.

Hope you all join Musicadmirer and me tonight as we pray it, each in our own home!

DesertSister62
  2. DesertSister62
    Dec 6, '10 6:02 pm
    DesertSister62

I see a couple of new names on the wall tonight! Welcome "jet100," and "Sonny89!" I am sorry that it took me so long to see you but during this time of the year, I sometimes don't get online as often as usual! HOWEVER, it is great to see you both and I would suggest that you read some of the earlier posts to see what all is going on in this group. The important part to me is learning to appreciate "Our Lady of Kibeho," and how praying her Rosary of the Seven Sorrows" can help all of us!

Also, part and parcel of that Rwandan Apparitions (approved by the Vatican!!) is Immaculee's story. She is a young woman that survived the genocide! And not only did she survive it, but she has gone on to share with us just how she lived through it, and how the Lord kept her alive under impossible circumstances!

Immaculee also bears a message of forgiveness that she had to learn the hard way. She had to face those that were responsible for the killing of her family, and she has had to forgive and to teach others to forgive so that they could be released from the terrible anguish that they have lived with, and be freed to go on and live their lives in peace.

In the earlier posts you will come across various video's that share on the story but from slightly different angles. Some are quite good and faith promoting! ALSO, I have a thread on the group "Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother" where I am posting entries on Immaculee's story. It is entitled; "Our Lady of Kibeho." As to WHY I don't have my own thread on this group, its because the owner is long gone and I haven't been able to reach her so we don't have access to threads on here. So the offer from the owner of the group at "Devotion to Our Sorrowful Mother" was a gift from God!

I would encourage you to purchase the books, "Left to tell,", "Led by Faith," and "Our Lady of Kibeho." but in the meantime go over and read the thread and you can get a good idea of what Immaculee had to deal with during the Genocide, ....along with the apparitions that began the whole thing.

I didn't know anything about this apparition before I began to read about them and then it took hold of me and I am one of its most enthusiastic followers! I personally believe that it is within the realm of possibility that we may well have to face a similar situation in our own time,...So learning how Immaculee managed to survive is very important to me! But as you will see from her,...there is no short cut to faith, its a path that we must walk if we wish to survive what is ahead! Again, it is good to have you, both, with us!!

DesertSister62
  3. DesertSister62
    Dec 3, '10 10:08 pm
    DesertSister62
    Hi Musicadmirer, sorry that I have been off of here for so long but life seemed to intrude in the way of family and I had to try to help. However, its great to be back! And yes, Friday is definitely one of the days that Our Lady wants us to pray the Rosary of the Seven Sorrows!! I wish we could get others interested in praying because I'm convinced that it really makes a difference in the lives of those who pray it!!

Human trafficking is a terrible human tragedy! And unfortunately, many people just change the channel if they see it come on, or just leave the room because it makes us uncomfortable to see other people involved in such a terrible thing because we don't really want to be bothered with it! But the Lord expects us to get involved in praying for these people on a regular basis! When it doesn't leave your mind, Musicadmirer, it means that God has laid it on your heart to continue in prayer for them. He needs us all to care enough to pray!! The bottom line is that we ARE our brothers' keeper!

DesertSister62
  4. Musicadmirer
    Dec 3, '10 6:55 pm
    Musicadmirer
    Hello fellow Apostles,

I just wanted to mention that today is one of the days that Our Lady wants us to pray the Rosary of the Seven Sorrows. I will be praying this Rosary shortly. I am praying the Rosary for the intention of ending human trafficking. I recently attended a forum about this terrible problem, and it won't leave my mind.

God bless you all, and Happy Advent.
  5. Musicadmirer
    Nov 24, '10 12:09 am
    Musicadmirer
    Hi DesertSister62,

Yes, the Rosary of the Seven Sorrows must be promoted as a means of reparation for the our sins as well as the sins of the whole world.
    But I hope that anyone reading this who finds the Rosary is too hard to pray at first, please in the least pray "Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us" as many times throughout the day as you can.
    Some people have to take baby steps toward reciting both the Rosary and the Rosary of the Seven Sorrows, and that's okay; as long as you're making the effort to get to that point.

DesertSister62, I prayed with you last Friday night and tonight (probably not at the same time, but same night ). I watched the first 50 minutes of Beyond the Gates tonight, and of course just from what I saw it was disturbing and brought me to contemplation about how my sufferings pale in comparison to the atrocities of the Rwandan genocide.
  6. DesertSister62
    Nov 22, '10 10:05 am
    DesertSister62
    Well, here we are rapidly reaching the day of the Thanksgiving celebration! I hope all of you have a good day and enjoy it in the spirit that it was intended; as a Day of real Thanksgiving to the Lord for all our many blessings!

DesertSister62
  7. DesertSister62
    Nov 21, '10 10:00 pm
    DesertSister62

The Rosary of the Seven Sorrows

This rosary recalls the seven major sorrows that the Virgin Mary suffered through—albeit with love and compassion—during the life, trials, and agonizing death of her son, Jesus Christ. It's very special to the immaculate heart of the Blessed Mother, and she wants all of us to say it as often as possible.

The Rosary of the Seven Sorrows dates back to the Middle Ages, but it gained new popularity following the Marian apparitions in Kibeho, which have been approved by the Catholic Church. During Mary's apparitions to Marie-Claire Mukangango, she assigned the young visionary a mission to reintroduce this special rosary to the world. Before her untimely death, Marie-Claire did just that, traveling widely to teach it to thousands of people, who then taught it to thousands of others.

During her visitations to Kibeho, the Holy Virgin revealed that this rosary possesses immense spiritual power for those who say it sincerely. She promised that when prayed with an open and repentant heart, the rosary would win us the Lord’s forgiveness for our sins and free our souls from guilt and remorse. She also promised that over time, the rosary would develop within us a deep understanding of why we sin, and that knowledge would give us the wisdom and strength to change or remove any internal flaws, weakness of character, or personality faults, causing unhappiness and keeping us from enjoying the joyous life God intended for us to live.

The Rosary of the Seven Sorrows contains all the power you need to change your life for the better, obtain peace and happiness, realize your true potential, fulfill all your dreams, and grow closer to God’s light. During one of her many apparitions to Marie-Claire, the Holy Virgin suggested that it be prayed as often as possible, but especially on Tuesdays and Fridays: Tuesday being the day Mary first appeared to Mary-Claire, and Friday being the day Christ was crucified. The Blessed Mother also stressed that the Rosary of the Seven Sorrows is intended to complement—and in no way replace—the traditional rosary. Pray both rosaries regularly and you’ll be doubly blessed!

http://www.motherofallpeoples.com/Ar...n-sorrows.html
  8. DesertSister62
    Nov 19, '10 10:42 am
    DesertSister62
    Hey Musicadmirer!

I am so glad to hear that you are feeling the same uneasiness about things that I am. Or at the very least are listening to those who are beginning to issue warnings within the Church! As I have said several times on this group, I think we ARE headed toward a cataclysm! People seem to be trying to ignore the signs but they are definitely there. By the way, "Cataclysm" was a new word for me to use so I looked it up and it means; "A violent upheaval that causes great destruction or brings about a fundamental change!" YEP, that definitely describes it!

And I appreciate you posting that little prayer for Mary, "Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary, Pray for us!"Yes, it is extremely important for people to repent and begin praying the rosary! But don't forget what Our Lady of Kibeho said to the people in the apparitions in Rwanda;

During her visitations at Kibeho, the Holy Virgin revealed that this Rosary of the Seven Sorrows possesses immense spiritual power for those who say it sincerely.

She promised that when prayed with an open and repentant heart, this Rosary would win us the Lord’s forgiveness for our sins and free souls from guilt and remorse.

She also promised over time, this Rosary would develop within us a deep understanding of why we sin, and that knowledge would give us the wisdom and strength to change or remove any internal flaws, weaknesses of character, or personality faults causing unhappiness and keeping us from enjoying the joyous life God intended for us to live.

The Rosary of the Seven Sorrows contains all the power you need to change your life for the better, obtain peace and happiness, realize your full potential, fulfill all your dreams, and grow closer to God’s light.

by Immaculee Iligabiza

By the way, I will be praying the Rosary of the Seven Sorrows tonight!

And as to those survivors, weren't they those Jesuit priests that were so close to the exploding bomb and yet survived? What a testimony to the protection of those who listen to the words given us by Our Lord and His mother!
  9. Musicadmirer
    Nov 18, '10 9:45 pm
    Musicadmirer
    Hi DesertSister62

I didn't mention earlier that I attended a talk that a Doctor gave on the end of this era. He had very important things to say about what the Virgin Mary has told her children in different places around the world.
    We sure do need to prepare ourselves. Dr. Bartholomew said that it is Mary's request that we pray this short prayer: "Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us."
    There is hope of survival when the cataclysm hits. We all should take note of the unaffected survivors of Hiroshima, who were only eight houses away from the epicenter of the disaster, and their building was the only one left standing.

It is extremely important for people to repent and start praying the Rosary as well as the above mentioned prayer.

P.S.- I am not certain that Loung Ung is a Catholic. She does however have a Catholic "connection": she and her brother were sponsored by the USCCB to move from Thailand to Vermont.
  10. DesertSister62
    Nov 17, '10 10:54 pm
    DesertSister62
    Hey Musicadmirer!

I got my answer to you all typed up this afternoon and was ready to go when CAF stopped me in the middle and wanted me to identify myself (I was using my sons computer and if you leave it and go do anything then it wants you to log in again. Well, the long and short of it is that I lost the whole thing so I will hurry up and try to say most of it as it is so late and I need to get to bed.

In answer to your question, no I haven't read the book, "First they killed my Father." However I did go look it up so I could see what it was about. Was Loung Ung a Christian? I didn't get the idea that she was. However, the strength she showed under terrible circumstances had to have come from somewhere! These kinds of books, like this last one of yours and the books and Movie about the Genocide,....its important to read and understand how they made it through for future reference. Because I believe that at some point in time the U.S. could very well end up in dire straits due to one of many causes on the horizon, and the example of people who have lived through these terrible things will go a long ways in helping us to make it through,...and will also help us to encourage others! Learning is a wonderful thing and we need to always avail ourselves of every opportunity to grow! Sorry to be so long winded, but must run now!

Peace,
    DesertSister62