Search Groups

MembersPopular Groups
1978Meet and talk,talk talk
Created by: jeana12
1650Impurity Addiction Support Group
Created by: whm
936Divine Mercy
Created by: windmelody
903CLEAN jokes (because we need to laugh)
Created by: tuscany
808OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Created by: AFCatholic
805Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Created by: 4elise
756Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Created by: FootStool
707Catholics in the South
Created by: Parce Domine
649Charismatic Christians and Friends
Created by: denwiles
593Knights of Columbus
Created by: tee_eff_em

MsgsMost Active Groups
8020Meet and talk,talk talk
Last by: Butterflylily
4812CAF Prayer Warriors Support Group
Last by: UpUpAndAway
4282Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Last by: FootStool
4027OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Last by: fencersmother
3809SOLITUDE
Last by: Prairie Rose
3356Let's empty Purgatory
Last by: RJB
3177Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Last by: 4elise
3141Poems and Reflections
Last by: PathWalker
2954For seniors and shut- ins
Last by: libralion
2672Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Last by: Amiciel

Latest Wall Messages
Let's Empty Purgatory 2
O Eternal Father, I of...
Today By: Avila123
Saint Damien Of Molokai
Libralion: I was raise...
Today By: Angelsflight
CLEAN jokes (because we need to laugh)
[COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]...
Today By: tuscany
For seniors and shut- ins
Thank-You for the enco...
Today By: libralion
CAF Prayer Warriors Support Group
Yikes, mountee. Tryin...
Today By: UpUpAndAway
At The Feet Of Jesus
Praying for all the El...
Today By: mikeghiorso
Exoplanets and Astrobiology from a Catholic Perspe...
BLOOD MOON! Anyone...
Today By: 3DOCTORS
Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
James: I have read tha...
Today By: FootStool
Prayers To End Abortion!!!
We must always pray th...
Today By: johnthebaptist2
The Catholic Prayer Group
Please pray for me,for...
Today By: johnthebaptist2

Social Network Stats
452,219Members
738,725Topics
12,031,226Posts
1187Groups
10477Photos
211152Messages

Go Back   Catholic Answers Groups > Social Groups

This is a public group. Social Group

Contemplatives Corner

Visit the forum of this group.
Group created by poor_clare

For anyone who finds peace and enjoyment in prayer and who seeks union with God through prayer. Non-judgemental and all are welcome to share experiences of the difference prayer has made in their lives.

Showing 5 of 13 Picture(s)

Group Activity in Group Forum
Activity in forum
Visit the forum of this group.
  1. Christine85
    May 2, '12 12:32 pm
    Christine85
    I see this was posted a while ago but I will still comment. Sounds good to me!! Your on the right path. I did my Consecration on the Annunciation this year and it was so great!! I feel truly blessed
    Yep, Catholicism sure is the way to go!!
    God bless you +++
  2. william3
    Feb 12, '12 10:18 am
    william3
    I Am sure prayers help and so does our time in contemplation. Anyone who finds peace in prayer; who seeks God through prayer, needs incouragement from time to time. Non-judgemental shared experiences of the difference prayer has made in their lives is needed... Thank you, poor_clare, for this group.
    I am sad that nobody has prayed or shared experiences in the group for so long...

PSALM 100:4-5
    Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him, bless his name for the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As is was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. – Amen.
  3. praxising
    May 3, '11 1:48 pm
    praxising
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mary Jessica View Post
    I will pray for you, I Am sure your prayers will help many people.
    And so will yours and so does our time in contemplation, so, we help so many people when we pray, not just you and I, but everyone. I have to find this encyclical that explains it, but we create something, I call it "spiritual money" that God uses for the good of the Church, in the persons of those in need.

It's like if you saw a hungry child you would feed him, but when do we ever see that? So we give money to a charity like Save the Children, and they translate that into food in a far away land. God does that with our prayers, by which, I have come to believe through the study of physics and theology, we transform matter into energy and into some kind of spiritual energy we cannot understand. In recent years science has confirmed that the palms of our hands and foreheads (maybe other places) give off electromagnetic energy - all of which we can just call "light."

The great faith we must have, the acceptance of Mystery, is that we are literally helping people in a very material way through our practice. We hear the stories of Saints doing great works or hear of people starting food banks or whatever and we want to go do something. But we are doing something. Remember the story of Martha rushing about to serve everyone while Mary sat at Jesus' feet. Jesus said, "Mary chose the better part."

BTW, I understand how we can find words and concepts outside the church that really help give us a vocabulary for what we experience. I never found that led me away from the Church, but more directly into the Church, more directly to Christ. Maybe we should make up our own jargon!
  4. praxising
    Apr 28, '11 8:07 pm
    praxising
    Maybe we could start sharing our stories here and see what happens. Find a few others to invite as we go along? I'm going to start a new thread titled "Sharing Our Stories" and we can see what happens? I'll go do that now.....
    Thread: New Member
  5. benedict67
    Feb 9, '11 3:13 pm
    benedict67
    Thanks for such an informative link, poor clare.
    I have always been taken with the story of Martha and Mary, in
    Luke 10 : 38 - 42.
    '' And the Lord answering, said to her :
    Martha, Martha, thou art careful and art troubled about many things.
    But one thing is necessary. Mary hath chosen the best part, which shall not be taken away from her.
    ( Douay - Rheims english translation ).

In Cloud of unknowing, Chapter 17 the author states that Mary was in the ' best and holiest part of contemplation, that may be in this life,'
    that is, to be silent and still and taken up in the contemplation of the Lord's words.
    When troubled by many things, important words are not heard !

Peace and grace.
  6. beckycmarie
    Oct 29, '10 8:13 pm
    beckycmarie
    Here is a great series on contemplative prayer that you can listen to online (or download to an iPod or burn to CDs to listen in your car. . .)

Contemplation with Fr. Thomas Dubay
  7. beckycmarie
    Oct 29, '10 8:08 pm
    beckycmarie
    Hi everyone,

A recent post on the Catholic Spiritual Direction blog spoke to me, and I thought I'd share Fr. Edward McIlmail's advice on aids to spiritual growth:

To stay on track, stick to the basics:

1. Make frequent use of the sacrament of confession, and worthily receive the Eucharist as often as possible.

2. Keep up your interior life. Foster a sense of recollection, of interior and exterior silence.

3. Mortify the senses — no need to see and hear everything around you.

4. Develop a healthy detachment from earthly things.

5. Nourish a profound gratitude toward and love for Our Lord.

6. Cultivate a devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary.

7. Dedicate time to prayer; if you feel drawn into infused contemplation, be open to it.

8. Stay close to your spiritual director; this helps to stave off the devil, who does his darnedest to isolate us and get us discouraged.

9. Be confident of the Holy Spirit’s assistance.

Click here for the entire post.
  8. sbmp
    Oct 23, '10 4:58 am
    sbmp
    Dear All,

I find myself more and more drawn to Our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament each day. I was with a Religious Community and the Lord called me out for health reasons. Now, though I am sad, I spend more and more hours with Him and my latest meditation was being curled up in the tabernacle with Him and holding Him to my heart, hearing His Sacred Heart beat with mine...strange visual I know, but somehow is comforting.

In Christ Our Life,
    sbmp
  9. sidhe54
    Oct 13, '10 3:31 pm
    sidhe54
    This site provides Scriptural Rosary which I find helps me with meditation on the mysteries:
    http://www.scripturalrosary.org/
    You might find it useful. You can choose to pray along with male or female voice leading the Rosary recitation. To order the cds:
    http://www.scripturalrosary.org/audiointro.html
    Love of Christ,
    Sidhe54
  10. Irishquad
    Oct 3, '10 1:19 am
    Irishquad
    Your welcome, I became interested in a much deeper prayer life, largely due to his teaching so, I feel indebted to him. One of the many things I love about being Catholic is that we can even better enjoy and benefit form his friendship, now that he has joined the Church Triumphant!

Peace
    Irishquad

Group Wall Messages 341 to 350 of 359
  1. challam2010
    Sep 6, '10 11:17 am
    challam2010
    Thanks you for your beautiful prayer, Clare (see how that rhymes? ha.) I wish everyone here a holy, peaceful and prayerful day.

For those of you who don't pray some or all of the Liturgy of the Hours, you might want to check it out. I'm sure you know it is (in addition to Mass) the primary prayer of the Church, particularly those consecrated in the religious life. I love the psalms, which comprise a main part of the LOTH, but I also love the readings -- different than the daily Mass readings -- that include writings we don't usually see other places.

Since last Thursday, the non-biblical readings have been discussions of the beatitudes, written by Pope Leo the Great, which have been SO enlightening and uplifting.

One easy way to access the LOTH is online through
    http://universalis.com/
    This is free if you view it online, or you can pay a one-time fee for the downloaded software (updated as needed). You can go back and forth in the calendar if you wish to see past and future readings/prayers.

One of the psalms for today's Morning Prayer is one of my favorites, Psalm 83/84, "How lovely is your dwelling place, Lord, God of hosts..." which I offer to you all today.

God bless you all.
  2. poor_clare
    Sep 5, '10 10:57 pm
    poor_clare
    In the Name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit

Dear God I offer you my works, joys and sufferings of this day.

I offer them in union with the most Holy Sacrament for the
    conversion of souls, for our Holy Mother Church, for those suffering from
    cruelty, for all perpetrators of cruelty that they may consider their actions and turn away from them, for the poor, for all of your creatures so that they may be treated with kindness.

I offer them for the private and special intentions of my friends here who have come to share and support each other in our love for you.

Dear God I am your unworthy but always willing servant. Please remind me of my errors and keep me mindful of the measure of my days. Please show me what you
    would have me do this day to be an instrument of your love and peace. Please give me the grace and courage to do it.

Amen
  3. poor_clare
    Sep 5, '10 10:52 pm
    poor_clare
    Welcome Sambfive and James

So pleased to have you here with us. Sambfive, I'm off to Mass in about half an hour and so will share communion with you. I attend every day so I'll be thinking of you.

Enjoy the group and please feel free to add your photos and share whatever you feel you'd like to.

God bless,

Clare
  4. sambfive
    Sep 5, '10 6:26 pm
    sambfive
    Hi all,
    I just came upon this group. I believe I am a contemplative soul. I wish to pray and devote meditation on Christ and the scripture, especially Jesus. I like to interiorly speak with our Lord through out the day, and also listen for His voice. I truly do not see life as life, without our Lord completely involved. He must be in every step I take and every thought I think. I love the Holy Eucharist and wish and pray that I will one day find a way to go daily. For now it is Sunday and Wednesday and sometimes I get to sneak an extra here and there. Thanks for the group poor_clare. Blessings to Jim and Teresa too! And of course the rest.
  5. James_OPL
    Sep 5, '10 2:53 pm
    James_OPL
    Hi all,
    I do believe this is going to be a wonderful group, ( already is actually ).
    Prayer, contemplation and study are so important in our relationship with God and each other. I hope to share our prayers and join in with you all.
    And it is an absolutely beautiful day here in the central valley calif.

Hi Teresa

* J.M.J. *
  6. poor_clare
    Sep 5, '10 1:31 pm
    poor_clare
    Hi Teresa

Welcome and thanks for joining!

I didn't realise that you led a contemplative lifestyle - although I should made the connection as you do so much good work in the prayer intentions forum. Really great to have you here.

I hope that more people will join and we can join our prayers to do even more good.

God bless you Teresa.

Your friend and sister in Christ,

Clare x
  7. poor_clare
    Sep 5, '10 1:28 pm
    poor_clare
    Hi Challam

What a beautiful and evocative morning offering. Thank you so much. It's wonderful how Jesus shows Himself to us through our encounters with others: a smile, a handshake.

The great thing about us being in so many locations is that we have the chance to keep the group active 24 hours!

Have a lovely peaceful Sunday in California. Yes, it's late evening here.

God bless and look forward to catching up soon.

Clare
  8. tbcrawford
    Sep 5, '10 12:23 pm
    tbcrawford
    Hi Clare thanks for starting this group.I have very similar feelings to you about my faith.I love prayer and believe it is the way forward.I pray throughout my day all day long.I love prayer and feel i get so much from it.I feel closer to God and so mnay prayers have been answered.May God bless you for starting this group and all members who join.God bless Teresa
  9. challam2010
    Sep 5, '10 11:51 am
    challam2010
    A blessed Sunday to everyone (although in London, Clare, you're probably nearly into Monday. :-) )

Everyone's prayers are lovely and thank you all for sharing them.

I live in a beautiful part of California and am struck every day with God's generous gifts of nature. This is my morning prayer.

God of morning, God of light,
    God of new beginnings,
    God of mist and pale dawn,
    God of early birdsong,
    God of chilly breezes blowing clean,
    God of silence, God of sunrise,
    God of peace,
    Most high God of love, thank you for this day of life, with all its mystery and all its promise.

Thank you for all those I will meet today who will show me Jesus and look for Jesus in me.

Be with me today, Lord God.
    Show me your will and give me the strength to do it.
    Give me your grace, shelter me under your wings and guide me with Your loving hand. Clear my vision so it is You I see in all that I see.
    Give me a light and loving heart, but a heart strong enough for all that comes my way.
    Show me the way to serve you; use my hands for Your hands.

Thank you for this day, O Lord. Help me use it to your purpose. Keep my family safe, strong, loving and forgiving and always in Your hands.
    I place in Your hands all the intentions on my prayer card and ask that Your will be done, in Jesus' Name. (Our Father....) Amen.
  10. poor_clare
    Sep 5, '10 11:00 am
    poor_clare
    Hello All

Everyone is welcome to share my evening prayer. May God grant your intentions as well as what I ask now

Dear God

Thank you for what you have given me this day, the kindness you have shown me through the people I have encountered, the warmth of friends, the gift of communion.

Thank you for the new friends I have found here and I ask that in your love that you hear and grant their private intentions.

Please bless the poor and the homeless. Keep them safe from fear and violence. Soften the hearts of those who are indifferent.

Dear God erode my ego and increase my humility.
    Help me to love those who hate me because they are your children.
    Give me the strength to continue to pray for those oppressed by evil.

I am your unworthy but always willing servant. Whatever you ask of me I will gladly do.

Amen