Search Groups

MembersPopular Groups
1978Meet and talk,talk talk
Created by: jeana12
1650Impurity Addiction Support Group
Created by: whm
936Divine Mercy
Created by: windmelody
903CLEAN jokes (because we need to laugh)
Created by: tuscany
808OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Created by: AFCatholic
805Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Created by: 4elise
756Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Created by: FootStool
707Catholics in the South
Created by: Parce Domine
649Charismatic Christians and Friends
Created by: denwiles
593Knights of Columbus
Created by: tee_eff_em

MsgsMost Active Groups
8020Meet and talk,talk talk
Last by: Butterflylily
4812CAF Prayer Warriors Support Group
Last by: UpUpAndAway
4283Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Last by: Christine85
4027OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Last by: fencersmother
3809SOLITUDE
Last by: Prairie Rose
3356Let's empty Purgatory
Last by: RJB
3180Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Last by: 4elise
3142Poems and Reflections
Last by: tonyg
2954For seniors and shut- ins
Last by: libralion
2675Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Last by: Amiciel

Latest Wall Messages
Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Hi all, sorry to hear ...
Today By: Christine85
Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
756. Tofurky “Gi...
Today By: 4elise
Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
[url]www.savior.org[/u...
Yesterday By: Amiciel
Poems and Reflections
PW, All is well, but a...
Yesterday By: tonyg
Our Lady of Lourdes
Welcome back, Georget!...
Yesterday By: tammany
Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware Catholics
I live in new jersey, ...
Yesterday By: traillius
Catholic Authors, Writes, Publishers Group
Hello. I am a hopeful ...
Yesterday By: traillius
BE NOT AFRAID -- Catholics Living With Anxiety Dis...
Hi new to the group go...
Yesterday By: mfdc
Let's Empty Purgatory 2
O Eternal Father, I of...
Yesterday By: Avila123
Saint Damien Of Molokai
Libralion: I was raise...
Yesterday By: Angelsflight

Social Network Stats
452,219Members
738,801Topics
12,032,700Posts
1187Groups
10477Photos
211177Messages

Go Back   Catholic Answers Groups > Social Groups

This is a public group. Social Group

Contemplatives Corner

Visit the forum of this group.
Group created by poor_clare

For anyone who finds peace and enjoyment in prayer and who seeks union with God through prayer. Non-judgemental and all are welcome to share experiences of the difference prayer has made in their lives.

Showing 5 of 13 Picture(s)

Group Activity in Group Forum
Activity in forum
Visit the forum of this group.
  1. Christine85
    May 2, '12 12:32 pm
    Christine85
    I see this was posted a while ago but I will still comment. Sounds good to me!! Your on the right path. I did my Consecration on the Annunciation this year and it was so great!! I feel truly blessed
    Yep, Catholicism sure is the way to go!!
    God bless you +++
  2. william3
    Feb 12, '12 10:18 am
    william3
    I Am sure prayers help and so does our time in contemplation. Anyone who finds peace in prayer; who seeks God through prayer, needs incouragement from time to time. Non-judgemental shared experiences of the difference prayer has made in their lives is needed... Thank you, poor_clare, for this group.
    I am sad that nobody has prayed or shared experiences in the group for so long...

PSALM 100:4-5
    Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him, bless his name for the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As is was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. – Amen.
  3. praxising
    May 3, '11 1:48 pm
    praxising
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mary Jessica View Post
    I will pray for you, I Am sure your prayers will help many people.
    And so will yours and so does our time in contemplation, so, we help so many people when we pray, not just you and I, but everyone. I have to find this encyclical that explains it, but we create something, I call it "spiritual money" that God uses for the good of the Church, in the persons of those in need.

It's like if you saw a hungry child you would feed him, but when do we ever see that? So we give money to a charity like Save the Children, and they translate that into food in a far away land. God does that with our prayers, by which, I have come to believe through the study of physics and theology, we transform matter into energy and into some kind of spiritual energy we cannot understand. In recent years science has confirmed that the palms of our hands and foreheads (maybe other places) give off electromagnetic energy - all of which we can just call "light."

The great faith we must have, the acceptance of Mystery, is that we are literally helping people in a very material way through our practice. We hear the stories of Saints doing great works or hear of people starting food banks or whatever and we want to go do something. But we are doing something. Remember the story of Martha rushing about to serve everyone while Mary sat at Jesus' feet. Jesus said, "Mary chose the better part."

BTW, I understand how we can find words and concepts outside the church that really help give us a vocabulary for what we experience. I never found that led me away from the Church, but more directly into the Church, more directly to Christ. Maybe we should make up our own jargon!
  4. praxising
    Apr 28, '11 8:07 pm
    praxising
    Maybe we could start sharing our stories here and see what happens. Find a few others to invite as we go along? I'm going to start a new thread titled "Sharing Our Stories" and we can see what happens? I'll go do that now.....
    Thread: New Member
  5. benedict67
    Feb 9, '11 3:13 pm
    benedict67
    Thanks for such an informative link, poor clare.
    I have always been taken with the story of Martha and Mary, in
    Luke 10 : 38 - 42.
    '' And the Lord answering, said to her :
    Martha, Martha, thou art careful and art troubled about many things.
    But one thing is necessary. Mary hath chosen the best part, which shall not be taken away from her.
    ( Douay - Rheims english translation ).

In Cloud of unknowing, Chapter 17 the author states that Mary was in the ' best and holiest part of contemplation, that may be in this life,'
    that is, to be silent and still and taken up in the contemplation of the Lord's words.
    When troubled by many things, important words are not heard !

Peace and grace.
  6. beckycmarie
    Oct 29, '10 8:13 pm
    beckycmarie
    Here is a great series on contemplative prayer that you can listen to online (or download to an iPod or burn to CDs to listen in your car. . .)

Contemplation with Fr. Thomas Dubay
  7. beckycmarie
    Oct 29, '10 8:08 pm
    beckycmarie
    Hi everyone,

A recent post on the Catholic Spiritual Direction blog spoke to me, and I thought I'd share Fr. Edward McIlmail's advice on aids to spiritual growth:

To stay on track, stick to the basics:

1. Make frequent use of the sacrament of confession, and worthily receive the Eucharist as often as possible.

2. Keep up your interior life. Foster a sense of recollection, of interior and exterior silence.

3. Mortify the senses — no need to see and hear everything around you.

4. Develop a healthy detachment from earthly things.

5. Nourish a profound gratitude toward and love for Our Lord.

6. Cultivate a devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary.

7. Dedicate time to prayer; if you feel drawn into infused contemplation, be open to it.

8. Stay close to your spiritual director; this helps to stave off the devil, who does his darnedest to isolate us and get us discouraged.

9. Be confident of the Holy Spirit’s assistance.

Click here for the entire post.
  8. sbmp
    Oct 23, '10 4:58 am
    sbmp
    Dear All,

I find myself more and more drawn to Our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament each day. I was with a Religious Community and the Lord called me out for health reasons. Now, though I am sad, I spend more and more hours with Him and my latest meditation was being curled up in the tabernacle with Him and holding Him to my heart, hearing His Sacred Heart beat with mine...strange visual I know, but somehow is comforting.

In Christ Our Life,
    sbmp
  9. sidhe54
    Oct 13, '10 3:31 pm
    sidhe54
    This site provides Scriptural Rosary which I find helps me with meditation on the mysteries:
    http://www.scripturalrosary.org/
    You might find it useful. You can choose to pray along with male or female voice leading the Rosary recitation. To order the cds:
    http://www.scripturalrosary.org/audiointro.html
    Love of Christ,
    Sidhe54
  10. Irishquad
    Oct 3, '10 1:19 am
    Irishquad
    Your welcome, I became interested in a much deeper prayer life, largely due to his teaching so, I feel indebted to him. One of the many things I love about being Catholic is that we can even better enjoy and benefit form his friendship, now that he has joined the Church Triumphant!

Peace
    Irishquad

Group Wall Messages 41 to 50 of 359
  1. James_OPL
    Apr 4, '11 3:23 pm
    James_OPL
    Hi Clare,
    Seems like you are on a special journey right now. Keep in constant prayer and also keep your guardian angel close by. Remember to recite the prayer to St. Michale the Archangel at least once a day, and if your feeling like there's something dark or heavy about you say it again. And don't forget the Rosary.
    I don't want to scare you or anything like that, but if your dealing with an atheist, you need to do it loving, while being strong and protected.
    I will keep you in prayer

The power of God be with you Clare,
    James
  2. poor_clare
    Apr 4, '11 1:30 pm
    poor_clare
    For look, I am going to create new heavens and a new earth, and the past will not be remembered and will come no more to mind.

Is 65:17
  3. poor_clare
    Apr 4, '11 1:22 pm
    poor_clare
    Hello James and William and Everyone

Sorry that I haven't been here.

I haven't stopped praying. In fact, I've been praying more. I always remember all of my friends at CAF in my evening rosary.

I'm praying especially hard for someone who is a staunch atheist and who is influencing others while belittling those who have faith. This is a difficult place to be Catholic, nevermind a Christian. I feel if I can help this person find peace in God it would do so much not only for him but for others who stay away from God because they're afraid of losing the approval of other people.

It's been a strange time and I feel as though I'm being directed somewhere but I'm not sure where. I found a new church where I can attend Mass during the day. Someone told me about it just by "coincidence" and suddenly I'm encountering lots of priests who are taking the time to talk to me. Also I'm receiving small blessings for which I'm very grateful.

When I figure out what might be going on, I'll share more.

God bless you and may the angels protect you dear friends,
    Clare
  4. william3
    Mar 28, '11 10:17 am
    william3
    Psalm 93

The LORD is king, robed with majesty; the LORD is robed, girded with might. The world will surely stand in place, never to be moved. Your throne stands firm from of old; you are from everlasting, LORD. The flood has raised up, LORD; the flood has raised up its roar; the flood has raised its pounding waves. More powerful than the roar of many waters, more powerful than the breakers of the sea, powerful in the heavens is the LORD. Your decrees are firmly established; holiness belongs to your house, LORD, for all the length of days.

Glory to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be forever. Amen
  5. James_OPL
    Mar 23, '11 11:09 am
    James_OPL
    Amen William,
    Thank you for the prayers.

Claire, Hi !
    Haven't heard from you in a while. Our group got kind of silent. Hope you are well.

God bless you,
    James
  6. william3
    Mar 17, '11 1:11 pm
    william3
    The LORD is Kind and Merciful I will praise you, my God and King, and always honor your name. I will praise you each day and always honor your name. You are wonderful, LORD,
    and you deserve all praise, because you are much greater
    than anyone can understand.

Glory to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be forever. Amen. (Psalm 145:1-3)
  7. william3
    Mar 14, '11 9:25 am
    william3
    Psalm 100

The LORD is God Shout praises to the LORD, everyone on this earth, be joyful and sing as you come in to worship the LORD!

You know the LORD is God! He created us, and we belong to him; we are his people, the sheep in his pasture. Be thankful and praise the LORD as you enter his temple.
    The LORD is good! His love and faithfulness will last forever.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As is was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. – Amen.
  8. william3
    Mar 8, '11 2:32 pm
    william3
    Psalm 1

Happy those who do not follow the counsel of the wicked, nor go the way of sinners, nor sit in company with scoffers. Rather, the law of the LORD is their joy; God's law they study day and night. They are like a tree planted near streams of water, that yields its fruit in season; its leaves never wither; whatever they do prospers. But not the wicked! They are like chaff driven by the wind. Therefore the wicked will not survive judgment, nor will sinners in the assembly of the just. The LORD watches over the way of the just, but the way of the wicked leads to ruin.

Glory to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be forever. Amen.
  9. James_OPL
    Mar 8, '11 10:18 am
    James_OPL
    Ah, the Angelus. Wonderful prayer and devotion. Thanks Clare !
  10. poor_clare
    Feb 19, '11 2:28 pm
    poor_clare
    The Angel of the Lord declared to Mary:
    And she conceived of the Holy Spirit.
    Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of
    our death. Amen.
    Behold the handmaid of the Lord: Be it done unto me according to Thy word.
    Hail Mary . . .
    And the Word was made Flesh: And dwelt among us.
    Hail Mary . . .

Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God, that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

Let us pray:
    Pour forth, we beseech Thee, O Lord, Thy grace into our hearts; that we, to whom the incarnation of Christ, Thy Son, was made known by the message of an angel, may by His Passion and Cross be brought to the glory of His Resurrection, through the same Christ Our Lord.

Read more: http://www.ewtn.com/devotionals/pray...#ixzz1ERjx9jDt