Search Groups

MembersPopular Groups
2108Meet and talk,talk talk
Created by: jeana12
1700Impurity Addiction Support Group
Created by: whm
974CLEAN jokes (because we need to laugh)
Created by: tuscany
934Divine Mercy
Created by: windmelody
844OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Created by: AFCatholic
840Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Created by: 4elise
774Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Created by: FootStool
725Catholics in the South
Created by: Parce Domine
649Charismatic Christians and Friends
Created by: denwiles
593Knights of Columbus
Created by: tee_eff_em

MsgsMost Active Groups
8304Meet and talk,talk talk
Last by: GLam8833
5071CAF Prayer Warriors Support Group
Last by: mountee
4358Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Last by: lsbar
4035OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Last by: 3DOCTORS
3853SOLITUDE
Last by: Prairie Rose
3616Let's empty Purgatory
Last by: RJB
3264Poems and Reflections
Last by: PathWalker
3212Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Last by: Rifester
3203Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Last by: Amiciel
3069For seniors and shut- ins
Last by: Theresa DeSensi

Latest Wall Messages
Let us Read the Bible and Encounter Christ!
[Quote from Neofight] ...
Today By: Amiciel
Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Prayers offered for al...
Today By: Amiciel
Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Well...that was a bit ...
Yesterday By: lsbar
Baseball fans
Pax Christi! I like t...
Yesterday By: svid2
The Chaplet of St. Michael the Archangel
Glorious Saint Michael...
Yesterday By: daughterstm
sentire cum ecclesia to think with the mind of t...
Thanks, eschator, for ...
Yesterday By: oldburkes
For seniors and shut- ins
Hi, my name is Theresa...
Yesterday By: Theresa DeSensi
HOLY NAME OF JESUS
Holy Name of Jesus, he...
Yesterday By: johnthebaptist2
HOLY WOUNDS OF JESUS CHRIST
Lord may your Holy Wo...
Lord I Love Thee
Lord I Love you,andI w...

Social Network Stats
466,977Members
763,547Topics
12,424,256Posts
1196Groups
10696Photos
216284Messages

Go Back   Catholic Answers Groups > Social Groups

This is a public group. Social Group

BE NOT AFRAID -- Catholics Living With Anxiety Disorders

Group created by 3DOCTORS

To give mutual support and fellowship for those of us who live with anxiety disorders such as Panic Attacks, GAD, PTSD, Agoraphobia, and similar fearful difficulties.

Our hero is Pope John Paul the Great, whose example of courage in so many difficulties, and his proclaiming of the phrase "Be Not Afraid! Open Wide the Doors to Christ!" can remind us of what we need to do to help ourselves to carry these crosses.

Showing 3 of 3 Picture(s)
Our Lady of Mental Peace
From 3DOCTORS
jpii with dove   black and white picture
From 3DOCTORS
Anyone know what prayer these are for?
From Lucky10279

Group Activity in Group Forum
Group Wall Messages 271 to 280 of 519
  1. johnthebaptist1
    Mar 16, '12 11:33 pm
    johnthebaptist1
    Roux > May the LORD give you strenght always to make it threw diffucult time of you life. For I had Prostate Caner five yrs back, it was so bad that the only think they could do is Radiation Treatments,so I pray to Mary Jesus Mother,and now I,ve been in remission for three yrs so far, their still watching me to see if it might return again, in a differtant area,so far its staying in low count
  2. Roux
    Mar 16, '12 6:43 am
    Roux
    Also just on a side note I to have been touched by cancer, not me personally, but I lost my mother to brain cancer during medical school. She was diagnosed in '92 and they gave her 6 months to live. Well she beat it for 12-13 years and but it came back and when it did it came back to strong. I miss her desperately but I know she is looking down on me and helping me be strong. She was the strongest person I have ever known and my constant inspiration. She is the reason why I went into medicine, I want to have some part in curing this horrible disease for her. That is my fight and that is the drive that keeps me fighting even if anxiety gets in my way.
  3. Roux
    Mar 16, '12 6:39 am
    Roux
    Justicia et Pax: I am currently on a SSRI and I take klonapin as needed for the anxiety (which I hate doing because of the side effects). I am also seeing a therapist and have tried CBT but I honestly think (and so does my therapist) that I have advoidant personality disorder. Which is difficult to diagnose because not many people know about it and difficult to treat because the whole deal is I avoid what makes me uncomfortable, I have very little confidence, and I am so so hard on myself. The treatment is essentially CBT by confronting your fears, but if you avoid them subconsciously and or consciously it makes it a challenge. I also truly feel my current training program has made things exponentially worse due to their method of "teaching" they employ. The one thing that I have found that seems to help derail the panic attacks once they begin is some parts of The Linden Method, which I just recently purchased. I have heard mixed reviews but I think that is because there is not a single fix for everyone. Has anyone else tried this and what have been your experiences? I hope with some of these techniques and prayer I can beat this and be the physician I am meant to be.
  4. DeniseNY
    Mar 16, '12 5:15 am
    DeniseNY
    Hi, eveyrone. I'm new to the group. The anxiety and fear I'm having right now is brought on by my mother's illness. She had cancer. it's been surgically removed, but statistics show a high probability that it will return. It's all I think about and it terrifies me. i wake up shaking. I don't know how to be thankful that as of right now, she's ok. How do I stop worrying about the future, trust it to God, and just live in the present?
  5. babygirl6152
    Mar 16, '12 4:28 am
    babygirl6152
    Well this certainly is comforting to know you all are here. I've been through a lot in 15 years, and on anti anxiety meds.
    I have trouble sleeping tonite. Got one hour sleep. Dental surgery in less than 2 hours.
    I can't sleep if anything different is to happen the following day, not like taking my dog to the vet or groceries, but dr appointments, friends coming over just for an hour.
    So proud to hear you all love J P 2 also. My (ex) husband left me with two boys this was several years ago, I am since remarried in the church to a nice man. But my boys and I had a picture of J P 2 in our dining area, and we would say he was our father figure since dad left.
  6. Maria1993
    Mar 15, '12 11:24 pm
    Maria1993
    Hi everyone.
    I suffer scrupulosity and the anxiety it brings
  7. arougye raju
    Mar 15, '12 10:32 pm
    arougye raju
    I have a big financial problem, I request all to pray , that Jesus come to my aid and help me and only God can solve this problem. Please Pray .
  8. TwinboysRachel2
    Mar 15, '12 9:15 pm
    TwinboysRachel2
    I have panic attacks also......worry all the time. I think some of it comes indirectly from being verbally and physically abused as a child. Anyways, Im a cancer survivor...so i worry about that...I dont like driving also like a poster below said...I suffer from weird phobias and my latest worry is watching that new show on tv...Doomsday Preppers. God, I feel like hoarding tons of food, water, medical supplies when I watch it and wonder if anything like a government collapse would really happen given our world today. I could go on and on but what worries me most is my children watching me having panic attacks. Im on meds but have been for 20 years. I know God won't give us more of a burden then we can handle but this anxiety thing is hard to overcome. Thank you to who ever started this group.
  9. johnthebaptist1
    Mar 15, '12 8:58 pm
    johnthebaptist1
    Roux > When I have an anxiety attack,or I,am on edge, I fine that going to my room or take a walk helps me,and talking to God helps me to. I know what it,s like ,for I had a nerves bearkdown two yrs ago,from stressof my family.What ever you do, don,t give up on your goal,and the baby you wife is going to have,will releive the tension, and help you look at life at a differtant way. God bless you,s both.
  10. Justicia et Pax
    Mar 15, '12 3:07 pm
    Justicia et Pax
    Roux - have you been offered medication or cognitive behavioural therapy, to help you manage your anxiety?

I will pray for you