Search Groups

MembersPopular Groups
2136Meet and talk,talk talk
Created by: jeana12
1711Impurity Addiction Support Group
Created by: whm
986CLEAN jokes (because we need to laugh)
Created by: tuscany
934Divine Mercy
Created by: windmelody
853OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Created by: AFCatholic
848Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Created by: 4elise
780Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Created by: FootStool
731Catholics in the South
Created by: Parce Domine
649Charismatic Christians and Friends
Created by: denwiles
593Knights of Columbus
Created by: tee_eff_em

MsgsMost Active Groups
8379Meet and talk,talk talk
Last by: svid2
5104CAF Prayer Warriors Support Group
Last by: Vim71
4417Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Last by: daughterstm
4037OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Last by: eschator83
3859SOLITUDE
Last by: Prairie Rose
3698Let's empty Purgatory
Last by: daughterstm
3269Poems and Reflections
Last by: PathWalker
3266Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Last by: Amiciel
3218Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Last by: memphian
3094For seniors and shut- ins
Last by: flower lady

Latest Wall Messages
Let us Read the Bible and Encounter Christ!
Beautiful post, Gratef...
Today By: Amiciel
Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Continuing prayers for...
Today By: Amiciel
Meet and talk,talk talk
Pax Christi! Thanks, K...
Yesterday By: svid2
Baseball fans
Pax Christi. I need ...
Yesterday By: svid2
Let's Empty Purgatory 2
Cleaned out litter box...
Yesterday By: Weejee
The Flame of Love of the Immaculate Heart of Mary
[FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="...
Yesterday By: DesertSister62
Praying for our Future Spouse
Happy feast of the hol...
Yesterday By: fin
CAF Prayer Warriors Support Group
@njlisa: I have said b...
Yesterday By: Vim71
Miraculous Medal Group
[B][FONT="Franklin Got...
Yesterday By: daughterstm
Let's empty Purgatory
[COLOR="Indigo"][B][FO...
Yesterday By: daughterstm

Social Network Stats
470,176Members
768,423Topics
12,498,527Posts
1201Groups
10785Photos
217555Messages

Go Back   Catholic Answers Groups > Social Groups

This is a public group. Social Group

BE NOT AFRAID -- Catholics Living With Anxiety Disorders

Group created by 3DOCTORS

To give mutual support and fellowship for those of us who live with anxiety disorders such as Panic Attacks, GAD, PTSD, Agoraphobia, and similar fearful difficulties.

Our hero is Pope John Paul the Great, whose example of courage in so many difficulties, and his proclaiming of the phrase "Be Not Afraid! Open Wide the Doors to Christ!" can remind us of what we need to do to help ourselves to carry these crosses.

PLEASE NOTE that posts should be appropriate for all ages and that there are ladies present, your humble group leader among them. Issues of impurity would best belong in other CA Groups focused on that issue. Thank you.

Showing 3 of 3 Picture(s)
Our Lady of Mental Peace
From 3DOCTORS
jpii with dove   black and white picture
From 3DOCTORS
Anyone know what prayer these are for?
From Lucky10279

Group Activity in Group Forum
Group Wall Messages 271 to 280 of 536
  1. Ysara
    Apr 13, '12 4:00 pm
    Ysara
    Hello Im Ysara and this is the second group I have joined in this site... and I thank God for this site... I am close to despair ... I need help... and I need to go back to prayer again... for over 6 years I have been in hell... lost and now desperate... I have never felt this low or have this feeling of such utter hopelessness before... I feel that Im reaching out and all I see is darkness... I have recently begun to read some of the Psalms and they echo what Im feeling..." Out of the depths I cry to You oh Lord! " But the worst part is... I have brought this upon myself... I have put my faith and trust and love in someone who has not responded with actions... just words,,, emppty words and promises...
  2. Justicia et Pax
    Apr 13, '12 1:05 pm
    Justicia et Pax
    Sorry to hear what you're going through, cmlong. I will pray for you
  3. johnthebaptist1
    Apr 12, '12 10:37 am
    johnthebaptist1
    cmiong > I ,am glad to hear that you were baptized and confirmed,I.am sorry that to hear that they have been unsupportive,but Jesus, will always be their for you,just fine a quite Place,and Talk to him, he will give you the strenght you need, so that you,ll have comfort and Peace of mine.
  4. cmlong
    Apr 11, '12 7:13 pm
    cmlong
    Just being baptized and confirmed this past weekend was one of the happiest moments in my life. I have always had problems with anxiety but for some reason since I found out my parents lied about why they didnt come to the baptism I have had extreme anxiety its like it made something "click" and now it wont stop. They have been unsupportive and negative about alot of things in my life but for some reason I cant cope with this, Its like god is trying to get me to deal with it this time instead of just letting it go. I dont want to cause conflict with them. I had a moment today where I was shaking and on edge I prayed for God to send me peace to calm down and he did!
  5. johnthebaptist1
    Apr 10, '12 6:23 pm
    johnthebaptist1
    To All, praying the Rosary, is the answer to receive help from OUR LADY,I always say the Rosary, for she has never failed to help others,that beleive in her.
  6. Woolybabe
    Apr 8, '12 3:34 pm
    Woolybabe
    Roux my thoughts and prayers are with you. I know how it feels when everything you try to cope fails. I have been through it myself. Notice the past tense! There is a way through. When I feel so bad I can't see an end I realise that if I have hit rock bottom then the rock beneath me is Jesus. He will never leave me nor forsake me. He will carry me and will never drop me. I know at times these can seem empty, patronising words, but I do not mean them like that. I really do know what it is like. Remember you are never alone. Not only is God with you in this hard time, but also the people in this group. Close your eyes, and feel the hug that I am sending you along with my prayers.
  7. johnthebaptist1
    Apr 8, '12 2:21 pm
    johnthebaptist1
    To all, that have any Anxiety Disorders, Rejoce, for today Jesus has risen from the died,may OUR LORD, take away all your troubles,and bring JOY and Peace to your Hearts. Amen
  8. johnthebaptist1
    Apr 3, '12 9:15 pm
    johnthebaptist1
    Roux > All you have to say to Jesus is, Lord I,can,t coupe with the Daily stress I,am going, PLEASE place your hand upon my head,and give me comfort and peace of mine. Amen
  9. Justicia et Pax
    Apr 3, '12 1:08 pm
    Justicia et Pax
    Praying for you, Roux
  10. Roux
    Apr 3, '12 11:21 am
    Roux
    God help me like many here I struggle DAILY with anxiety. It seems that all the methods that I try do not work or may work but not as fast as I wish/hoped for them to work. This anxiety is interfering in my life to the point where I am tempted to change careers. I know that would be running though. The difficulty that has hit me recently is temporary (I believe) but there is always that voice asking what if it is not temporary and I will be forced to endure this suffering for my whole life!!! That I will never be happy in my vocation and subsequently unhappy in my life!! I am so tired of being stressed and anxious. God I beg of you please give me relief from my suffering. If not please give me the unfailing strength to endure and to know that it will not be forever.