Search Groups

MembersPopular Groups
2097Meet and talk,talk talk
Created by: jeana12
1692Impurity Addiction Support Group
Created by: whm
971CLEAN jokes (because we need to laugh)
Created by: tuscany
934Divine Mercy
Created by: windmelody
845OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Created by: AFCatholic
837Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Created by: 4elise
769Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Created by: FootStool
723Catholics in the South
Created by: Parce Domine
649Charismatic Christians and Friends
Created by: denwiles
593Knights of Columbus
Created by: tee_eff_em

MsgsMost Active Groups
8298Meet and talk,talk talk
Last by: GLam8833
5064CAF Prayer Warriors Support Group
Last by: 77stanthony77
4350Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Last by: James_OPL
4035OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Last by: 3DOCTORS
3849SOLITUDE
Last by: Prairie Rose
3607Let's empty Purgatory
Last by: James_OPL
3257Poems and Reflections
Last by: PathWalker
3210Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Last by: 4elise
3183Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Last by: Amiciel
3063For seniors and shut- ins
Last by: ineeda

Latest Wall Messages
CAF Prayer Warriors Support Group
Hi y'all:hug3: That i...
Today By: 77stanthony77
sentire cum ecclesia to think with the mind of t...
I think GK Chesterton ...
Today By: eschator83
Publish answered prayers, novenas chaplets
Powerful Prayer works ...
Today By: dbrennis
CLEAN jokes (because we need to laugh)
MARRIAGE SEMINAR Whi...
Today By: TARRAT
OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Yes, my spiritual dire...
Today By: 3DOCTORS
Let's empty Purgatory
Eternal Father, I offe...
Today By: James_OPL
Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
[FONT="Palatino Linoty...
Dominicans & Dominican Spirituality
"Let us say boldly wit...
Let us Read the Bible and Encounter Christ!
[B]Who are the Poor in...
Today By: Neofight
Baseball fans
Chen is a jokester. ...
Yesterday By: robertmidwest

Social Network Stats
465,968Members
762,085Topics
12,401,174Posts
1195Groups
10671Photos
216015Messages

Go Back   Catholic Answers Groups > Social Groups

This is a public group. Social Group

BE NOT AFRAID -- Catholics Living With Anxiety Disorders

Group created by 3DOCTORS

To give mutual support and fellowship for those of us who live with anxiety disorders such as Panic Attacks, GAD, PTSD, Agoraphobia, and similar fearful difficulties.

Our hero is Pope John Paul the Great, whose example of courage in so many difficulties, and his proclaiming of the phrase "Be Not Afraid! Open Wide the Doors to Christ!" can remind us of what we need to do to help ourselves to carry these crosses.

Showing 3 of 3 Picture(s)
Our Lady of Mental Peace
From 3DOCTORS
jpii with dove   black and white picture
From 3DOCTORS
Anyone know what prayer these are for?
From Lucky10279

Group Activity in Group Forum
Group Wall Messages 271 to 280 of 514
  1. Maria1993
    Mar 15, '12 11:24 pm
    Maria1993
    Hi everyone.
    I suffer scrupulosity and the anxiety it brings
  2. arougye raju
    Mar 15, '12 10:32 pm
    arougye raju
    I have a big financial problem, I request all to pray , that Jesus come to my aid and help me and only God can solve this problem. Please Pray .
  3. TwinboysRachel2
    Mar 15, '12 9:15 pm
    TwinboysRachel2
    I have panic attacks also......worry all the time. I think some of it comes indirectly from being verbally and physically abused as a child. Anyways, Im a cancer survivor...so i worry about that...I dont like driving also like a poster below said...I suffer from weird phobias and my latest worry is watching that new show on tv...Doomsday Preppers. God, I feel like hoarding tons of food, water, medical supplies when I watch it and wonder if anything like a government collapse would really happen given our world today. I could go on and on but what worries me most is my children watching me having panic attacks. Im on meds but have been for 20 years. I know God won't give us more of a burden then we can handle but this anxiety thing is hard to overcome. Thank you to who ever started this group.
  4. johnthebaptist1
    Mar 15, '12 8:58 pm
    johnthebaptist1
    Roux > When I have an anxiety attack,or I,am on edge, I fine that going to my room or take a walk helps me,and talking to God helps me to. I know what it,s like ,for I had a nerves bearkdown two yrs ago,from stressof my family.What ever you do, don,t give up on your goal,and the baby you wife is going to have,will releive the tension, and help you look at life at a differtant way. God bless you,s both.
  5. Justicia et Pax
    Mar 15, '12 3:07 pm
    Justicia et Pax
    Roux - have you been offered medication or cognitive behavioural therapy, to help you manage your anxiety?

I will pray for you
  6. Roux
    Mar 15, '12 1:03 pm
    Roux
    What do you do when anxiety is stopping you from reaching your goals career wise and your significant other is at a loss to help. I mean I understand because I dont think anyone can appreciate how and life stealing anxiety can be unless you have experienced it first hand. I am in my medical residency (pathology) and actually am essentially being kicked out because of my anxiety issues. They site "lack of communication skills" as the main reason. So now I am a doctor but I dont have enough training to do anything worth a damn. Of course I am looking for a new residency program to finish my training so I can move on with my career and my life, but what if I cant find one or can't get into one. Even more worry some is what if the next program I get into is as uncompassionate as the one I am leaving? I desperately want to believe that there is a reason for everything but this is a tough one. On top of all of this my wife and I are expecting our first child in less than 2 weeks! To say I have a lot on my plate is an understatement I guess.
  7. johnthebaptist1
    Feb 18, '12 8:28 pm
    johnthebaptist1
    May all that have, anxiety disorders Panic attacks Gad and similarrs fears, be Guide to over come their fears, threw the Blessings of GOD.
  8. johnthebaptist1
    Jan 12, '12 8:36 am
    johnthebaptist1
    I found out, that if you don,t let things get to you,your less to have a Anxiety attack.or a nerves problem. Just think of things that make you feel go inside.
  9. johnthebaptist1
    Jan 3, '12 9:06 pm
    johnthebaptist1
    No matter what kind of problem comes my way,and I get stress out. I always turn to my Lord, and I say the Rosary daily. For I know I have faults, and Jesus knows all about me,all he wants for me to do is say I LOVE him, and I will always thrist for he,s LOVE. Jesus have Mercy on my soul,for I,am weak,and need you ever day of my life.Amen
  10. johnthebaptist1
    Dec 23, '11 7:45 pm
    johnthebaptist1
    Kate555 > I don,t like when the holidays come,because the drivers are nuts,they beep their horn, cut you off, so I avoid rush hrs,and holidays when they don,t care how they drive,sometimes accidents happen. So your not alone.