Search Groups

MembersPopular Groups
2070Meet and talk,talk talk
Created by: jeana12
1683Impurity Addiction Support Group
Created by: whm
962CLEAN jokes (because we need to laugh)
Created by: tuscany
934Divine Mercy
Created by: windmelody
836OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Created by: AFCatholic
830Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Created by: 4elise
768Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Created by: FootStool
720Catholics in the South
Created by: Parce Domine
649Charismatic Christians and Friends
Created by: denwiles
593Knights of Columbus
Created by: tee_eff_em

MsgsMost Active Groups
8256Meet and talk,talk talk
Last by: KEPardue
5018CAF Prayer Warriors Support Group
Last by: UpUpAndAway
4345Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Last by: lsbar
4029OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Last by: B79
3833SOLITUDE
Last by: tuscany
3568Let's empty Purgatory
Last by: RJB
3227Poems and Reflections
Last by: tonyg
3203Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Last by: memphian
3124Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Last by: grateful_child
3048For seniors and shut- ins
Last by: tammany

Latest Wall Messages
Let us Read the Bible and Encounter Christ!
[U]Backgrounder on Luk...
Today By: Amiciel
CLEAN jokes (because we need to laugh)
Was the muffin big or ...
Today By: TARRAT
Poems and Reflections
A Martyr's Crown Cl...
Today By: tonyg
Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Praying for all the vi...
Today By: grateful_child
Meet and talk,talk talk
I will be teaching RCI...
Today By: KEPardue
Publish answered prayers, novenas chaplets
MOTHER OF SURPRISES S...
Today By: pallavideb
Prayer intentions
I pray for you KayVee ...
Today By: janiejnb
Let's empty Purgatory
Eternal Father, I offe...
Today By: RJB
SOLITUDE
[COLOR="Green"][B][FON...
Yesterday By: tuscany
Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Hi, James, thanks for ...
Yesterday By: lsbar

Social Network Stats
463,285Members
757,750Topics
12,332,497Posts
1194Groups
10660Photos
215193Messages

Go Back   Catholic Answers Groups > Social Groups

This is a public group. Social Group

BE NOT AFRAID -- Catholics Living With Anxiety Disorders

Group created by 3DOCTORS

To give mutual support and fellowship for those of us who live with anxiety disorders such as Panic Attacks, GAD, PTSD, Agoraphobia, and similar fearful difficulties.

Our hero is Pope John Paul the Great, whose example of courage in so many difficulties, and his proclaiming of the phrase "Be Not Afraid! Open Wide the Doors to Christ!" can remind us of what we need to do to help ourselves to carry these crosses.

Showing 3 of 3 Picture(s)
Our Lady of Mental Peace
From 3DOCTORS
jpii with dove   black and white picture
From 3DOCTORS
Anyone know what prayer these are for?
From Lucky10279

Group Activity in Group Forum
Group Wall Messages 271 to 280 of 510
  1. Justicia et Pax
    Mar 15, '12 3:07 pm
    Justicia et Pax
    Roux - have you been offered medication or cognitive behavioural therapy, to help you manage your anxiety?

I will pray for you
  2. Roux
    Mar 15, '12 1:03 pm
    Roux
    What do you do when anxiety is stopping you from reaching your goals career wise and your significant other is at a loss to help. I mean I understand because I dont think anyone can appreciate how and life stealing anxiety can be unless you have experienced it first hand. I am in my medical residency (pathology) and actually am essentially being kicked out because of my anxiety issues. They site "lack of communication skills" as the main reason. So now I am a doctor but I dont have enough training to do anything worth a damn. Of course I am looking for a new residency program to finish my training so I can move on with my career and my life, but what if I cant find one or can't get into one. Even more worry some is what if the next program I get into is as uncompassionate as the one I am leaving? I desperately want to believe that there is a reason for everything but this is a tough one. On top of all of this my wife and I are expecting our first child in less than 2 weeks! To say I have a lot on my plate is an understatement I guess.
  3. johnthebaptist1
    Feb 18, '12 8:28 pm
    johnthebaptist1
    May all that have, anxiety disorders Panic attacks Gad and similarrs fears, be Guide to over come their fears, threw the Blessings of GOD.
  4. johnthebaptist1
    Jan 12, '12 8:36 am
    johnthebaptist1
    I found out, that if you don,t let things get to you,your less to have a Anxiety attack.or a nerves problem. Just think of things that make you feel go inside.
  5. johnthebaptist1
    Jan 3, '12 9:06 pm
    johnthebaptist1
    No matter what kind of problem comes my way,and I get stress out. I always turn to my Lord, and I say the Rosary daily. For I know I have faults, and Jesus knows all about me,all he wants for me to do is say I LOVE him, and I will always thrist for he,s LOVE. Jesus have Mercy on my soul,for I,am weak,and need you ever day of my life.Amen
  6. johnthebaptist1
    Dec 23, '11 7:45 pm
    johnthebaptist1
    Kate555 > I don,t like when the holidays come,because the drivers are nuts,they beep their horn, cut you off, so I avoid rush hrs,and holidays when they don,t care how they drive,sometimes accidents happen. So your not alone.
  7. Kate555
    Dec 23, '11 8:10 am
    Kate555
    Hi just to say hello. I don't know if you would call it anxiety disorder but I guess it is as it is stopping me from living life to the full. I've an irrational fear of driving. Haven't driven in over 8 years. No real reason, never had an accident but gradually let my husband do all the driving. I would love to know if anyone had a similar issue & how they overcame it.
  8. 3DOCTORS
    Dec 22, '11 6:26 pm
    3DOCTORS
    That's right, Jesus is, among His other titles He is known by . . .

the PRINCE OF PEACE!

At the beginning of the Gospel of John, one of the Christmas Mass readings this weekend, we are reminded that "the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it." This is true of the darkness that anxiety and fear can bring into our lives. The Light of Christ will overcome this!

Have a blessed Christmas!
  9. johnthebaptist1
    Dec 22, '11 4:53 pm
    johnthebaptist1
    To those that have problems, open your HEARTs,for soon we will be celabarting the Birth INFANT JESUS once again,and Jesus will fill you with Joy.
  10. johnthebaptist1
    Dec 8, '11 10:06 pm
    johnthebaptist1
    O Lord, I pray that this Chirstmas Season, you will fill the Hearts of those that have anxiety and nerves. problems, with LOVE, JOY,and Peace . Amen