Search Groups

MembersPopular Groups
2109Meet and talk,talk talk
Created by: jeana12
1700Impurity Addiction Support Group
Created by: whm
974CLEAN jokes (because we need to laugh)
Created by: tuscany
934Divine Mercy
Created by: windmelody
844OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Created by: AFCatholic
840Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Created by: 4elise
774Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Created by: FootStool
724Catholics in the South
Created by: Parce Domine
649Charismatic Christians and Friends
Created by: denwiles
593Knights of Columbus
Created by: tee_eff_em

MsgsMost Active Groups
8305Meet and talk,talk talk
Last by: GLam8833
5071CAF Prayer Warriors Support Group
Last by: mountee
4356Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Last by: johnthebaptist2
4035OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Last by: 3DOCTORS
3853SOLITUDE
Last by: Prairie Rose
3616Let's empty Purgatory
Last by: RJB
3264Poems and Reflections
Last by: PathWalker
3212Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Last by: Rifester
3201Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Last by: Amiciel
3069For seniors and shut- ins
Last by: Theresa DeSensi

Latest Wall Messages
sentire cum ecclesia to think with the mind of t...
Thanks, eschator, for ...
Today By: oldburkes
For seniors and shut- ins
Hi, my name is Theresa...
Today By: Theresa DeSensi
HOLY NAME OF JESUS
Holy Name of Jesus, he...
Today By: johnthebaptist2
HOLY WOUNDS OF JESUS CHRIST
Lord may your Holy Wo...
Lord I Love Thee
Lord I Love you,andI w...
The Catholic Prayer Group
Please pray for me,for...
Fans of Padre Pio
St Padre Pio, please t...
Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
"2418 It is contrary t...
Today By: Rifester
Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
O Blessed Mother of So...
Baseball fans
My wife is from St. L...
Today By: robertmidwest

Social Network Stats
466,912Members
763,458Topics
12,422,892Posts
1196Groups
10696Photos
216273Messages

Go Back   Catholic Answers Groups > Social Groups

This is a public group. Social Group

Friends of Father Solanus Casey

Visit the forum of this group.
Group created by william3

On July 11, 1995 the title of Venerable was bestowed on Fr. Solanus Casey by Pope John Paul II. This is a group where we can learn more about Fr. Solanus Casey with stories, and perhaps 1st hand knowledge of Fr. Solanus; we can offer prayers for Fr. Solanus's intercessions, and, perhaps, further his cause for canonization.

Showing 5 of 18 Picture(s)
breakbread with Fr. Solanus
From william3
Fr. Solanus with Mother Mary
From william3
Fr Solanus with violin
From william3
pix father solanus plain7
From william3
novis monk casey
From william3

Group Activity in Group Forum
Activity in forum
Visit the forum of this group.
  1. Bob OFS
    Aug 14, '13 8:57 am
    Bob OFS
    I can also share a story that was told to me....
    A radio sportscaster here in Detroit relayed the story of his Grandmother being in the Hospital for surgery. During her the surgery they by accident cut her windpipe. Because of this she laid dying in the Hospital with the doctors giving no chance for survival. His Father went to the Monastery and got Fr. Solanus and brought him to the hospital. He prayed over his Grandmother and touched her throat. after praying he turned to the family and said "she will be alright" and then left. To the amazement of everyone she was completely healed.

This is just one of the stories I have heard. Also, a personal story.....My Brother had lost his job and could not find another one as hard as he tried We both went to St. Bonaventure Monastery and prayed at Fr. Solanus's tomb. 2 weeks later my Brother was hired for a job.

There are so many stories.

Pax Et Bonum,

Bob OFS
  2. Bob OFS
    Jul 28, '13 11:55 am
    Bob OFS
    I wanted to post this here for everyone. Everyone that needs healing please visit this website.

http://www.solanuscasey.org/index.shtml

Also please pray for his Beatification and Canonization.

Pax Et Bonum,

Bob OFS

Group Wall Messages 371 to 380 of 406
  1. william3
    Nov 4, '10 6:00 am
    william3
    Blessed be God in all His designs!
    It is to this little Christian greeting that I am trying to attune my soul, and to echo and resound it to all humanity. Fr.Solanus
  2. william3
    Nov 3, '10 6:07 am
    william3
    The Fr. Solanus Bit of Wisdom for the Day:
    "Be as blind as possible to the faults of your neighbors, trying aat least to attribute a good intention to their actions." Fr. Solanus
  3. william3
    Nov 2, '10 8:39 am
    william3
    "We must be faithful to the present moment, or we will frustrate the plan of God for our lives."
    (Fr. Solanus)
  4. william3
    Nov 2, '10 8:33 am
    william3
    In August 1924, Solanus was assigned to porter duties at the monastery of St. Bonaventure in Detroit, headquarters for the St. Joseph Province of the Capuchins in the United States.
    He continued his notebook as people inevitably sought him out.
    The entries piled up: law suits amicably settled; students recovering from nervous breakdowns; diabetes cured; suicides averted; people returning to their Faith.
    (From Fr. Solanus website)
  5. william3
    Nov 1, '10 9:44 am
    william3
    The poor sinner Solanus, who more than anyone else gives me the most trouble. I consider it a mercy that we need examine one conscience only!
  6. bauerice
    Nov 1, '10 3:46 am
    bauerice
    I think that idea, that Fr. Solanus was left to answering the door, doing the simple tasks, led God to working great miracles through him. I wish more would desire the simple tasks. Would not desire the limelight.
  7. DENNYINMI
    Nov 1, '10 2:26 am
    DENNYINMI
    Because the theological of Father Solanus was considered sub-standard, he performed menial monastery tasks through all his 60 years as a Capuchin friar. His brother, Father Edward Casey, evidently sympathized with his position and admired his silent acceptance of it. This he indicated in a verse entitled "The Brother Sacristan, which he sent to Father Solanus. In the following, he pictures his Capuchin brother at work about the altar.___
    The God of Mercy, meek and humble, holds His reign of peace in tabernacled cell: While spotless order quietly enfolds the place where man's Redeemer comes to dwell.
    With reverend love a modest figure kneels to pay the voiceless homage of his heart. Then silently from place to place he steals the worship of his fingers to impart.
    Each object there receives his tender touch-the snowy linen, flowers, burnished bell-while conscience whispers sweetly: "It is much for His dear sake to do each duty well...."
    "Dear Lord!" he whispers. "Dearest! Crucified! Teach my poor heart in penance to repair in some degree, the luxury, the pride, the cold neglect that leaves You lonely there".
    He lingers still, and fain would there abide, when evening shadows fill the chapel dim; at last he goes, but leaves his heart beside the faithful little lamp he loves to trim.

Father Solanus, pray for us.
  8. DENNYINMI
    Oct 31, '10 7:23 am
    DENNYINMI
    Life
    is to live and life is to give and talents are to use for good if you choose. Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be strong. Do not pray for tasks equal to your powers. Pray for powers equal to your tasks ~ then the doing of your work shall be no miracle but you shall be a miracle. Every day you shall wonder at yourself...at the richness of life which has come to you by the grace of God. But everyone needs someone-knowing that somewhere someone is think of you.
    Poem prayer used by Venerable Fr. Solanus
  9. william3
    Oct 31, '10 6:56 am
    william3
    God's mercy is above all his works, and His patience is essentially one with His mercy.

May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be yours,
    william3
  10. william3
    Oct 31, '10 6:51 am
    william3
    From one of Fr. Solanus Casey websites:
    "On Wednesdays, Father Solanus conducted special devotions for the sick. A woman, skeptical of his reported cures, wrote: 'I went thirteen weeks to these devotions, not believing that Father Solanus could heal others. One Wednesday, I saw a rabbi with his cap, long beard and heavy cane. He used to come every week, too. Now the rabbi had faith and I was full of doubts. But, when I saw the rabbi walk away without the use of his cane, then I believed."'