Search Groups

MembersPopular Groups
1978Meet and talk,talk talk
Created by: jeana12
1650Impurity Addiction Support Group
Created by: whm
936Divine Mercy
Created by: windmelody
901CLEAN jokes (because we need to laugh)
Created by: tuscany
808OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Created by: AFCatholic
805Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Created by: 4elise
755Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Created by: FootStool
707Catholics in the South
Created by: Parce Domine
649Charismatic Christians and Friends
Created by: denwiles
593Knights of Columbus
Created by: tee_eff_em

MsgsMost Active Groups
8019Meet and talk,talk talk
Last by: GLam8833
4810CAF Prayer Warriors Support Group
Last by: UpUpAndAway
4281Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Last by: flower lady
4027OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Last by: fencersmother
3809SOLITUDE
Last by: Prairie Rose
3355Let's empty Purgatory
Last by: RJB
3177Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Last by: 4elise
3139Poems and Reflections
Last by: PathWalker
2953For seniors and shut- ins
Last by: flower lady
2670Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Last by: grateful_child

Latest Wall Messages
CELEBRATE RECOVERY
After May 1, 2014 we w...
Today By: Alan Owings
CLEAN jokes (because we need to laugh)
[COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="2...
Yesterday By: Avila123
Our Lady of Lourdes
Hello Tammany, I'm so ...
Yesterday By: georget
Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Welcome, merciful_grac...
Yesterday By: grateful_child
The Occult
I had my MP3 player bl...
Yesterday By: ChibiViolet
For seniors and shut- ins
Hi all,hope you are en...
Yesterday By: flower lady
Saint Damien Of Molokai
[IMG]http://1.bp.blogs...
Yesterday By: Angelsflight
Divine Office
I'm not sure if I lost...
Yesterday By: eschator83
The Fellowship of the Breviary
I forgot to seek the h...
Yesterday By: eschator83
Spiritual Thoughts In Action~
Passover was another b...
Yesterday By: Mary Virginia

Social Network Stats
452,219Members
738,595Topics
12,029,358Posts
1187Groups
10477Photos
211126Messages

Go Back   Catholic Answers Groups > Social Groups

This is a public group. Social Group

Praying for our Future Spouse

Visit the forum of this group.
Group created by fin

This group is for those people who are praying or would like to start praying for their spouse. If you feel that God is calling you to the vocation of marriage, praying for your future spouse is one of the ways to prepare for it. This group is under the patronage of the saints, especially Our Lady, St. Joseph, and St. Raphael patron angel of happy meetings.

Showing 1 of 1 Picture(s)
untitled
From fin

Group Activity in Group Forum
Activity in forum
Visit the forum of this group.
  1. angelic06
    Mar 8, '14 8:57 am
    angelic06
    To my future spouse:

I write this letter today, on Saturday the 8th of March.

I was supposed to be volunteering at the children's museum, but we got rain (which I enjoy immensely but makes it unsafe to travel). I am about to head to a local branch library instead. But before I go anywhere, I need to say one or two more decades for my rosary in partial completion of my 54 day Lenten Novena, which I began 2 Sundays in advance of Ash Wednesday, or Clean Monday, if you are of the Byzantine Catholic rites.....so it seems as if I have been observing the Great Fast (Lent) forever! But I don't mind, as one of my intentions is to find you....wherever you are.

Enough about me. Tell me about your day.

Graciously yours,

Paul
  2. merytheriver
    Feb 13, '14 2:18 am
    merytheriver
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by merytheriver View Post
    My future spouse has to be himself, he has to be mature, he should love more God than me. He has to know how to survive alone, knowing that we are in the 21st century... he has to be funny, he has to know me. he has to be my friend. And the most important thing: I have to be in love with him and he has to be in love with me....
    Well I have to say something... I post that in may 2013, I really didn't believe in it. Well I am not jet married, but I have met a guy, well he is my boyfriend, we have been together for 6months, we have already talk about to get married in the future, but that is God's will, not ours.
    The thing is that he is my best friend, he loves God more than me, he is mature(he is the older brother of 5 siblings) he is independent, he is really funny, always making me laugh... all the things that I posted last year. And I had more things in my personal list for example that he had yto be older than me... well God is funny, he is 7 days older than me!!! So I can tell you that God knows what is good for you, and He will guve it to yu when He thinks is the right moment.
    One advice: having boyfriend or girlfriend or spouse does noy mean anything if you don't let God to be in the middle of both of you...
    Having boyfriend does not mean you are going to be happier. No, but you have one person in whom you can share your problems and open all your life to him(or her)
    Have a good day!!
  3. trinichiqn
    Feb 1, '14 1:51 am
    trinichiqn
    We have come to he end of our 31 days, thank you for joining me in praying for our future spouse. Just because we have finished this challenge does not mean we stop. Fin has posted the prayer for the St Valentine novena which begins on February 5th and she has reached out inquiring about interest in a prayer bouquet/chain, please indicate any interest.

Feel free to post prayer intentions for future spouses, gender specific or neutral, as you think of it so that others may pray similar prayers as well.

Let us make 2014 a year that our future spouses are covered in prayer so that wherever they are their eyes will be turned to God.
  4. Latinitas
    Dec 30, '13 8:13 pm
    Latinitas
    Hi everyone,

I would appreciate prayers to find my future wife soon; it's hitting me really hard today.

Benedicat Deus,
    Latinitas
  5. alexandratm
    Dec 3, '13 7:16 am
    alexandratm
    I will pray for you.
  6. andyklein
    Nov 26, '13 8:03 pm
    andyklein
    I just joined this group. I'm only a 21 year old college student and I'm going to law school afterwards, but I hope that doesn't interfere.

How should I go about this?

Thank you very much.
  7. GenosFutureWife
    Sep 22, '13 9:01 pm
    GenosFutureWife
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sydney28 View Post
    I also like what Teresa said about not just praying, but working on her domestic skills! I think that as a single woman, living alone...I tend to get lazy with cleaning and cooking, with the thought, "well it's just ME, so who cares?" Perhaps I should start getting into the habit of cooking an actual meal several times a week and keeping my house in a state that would make my future husband happy to come home to!
    I totally relate to this. Not only do I have a bad attitude about keeping my place up now...don't care coupled with depressed because I'm not married & things around here are falling apart because I don't have a helper around...
    I love the idea of creating a home that he will be happy to come home to... this really does have to start immediately,

he could decide to come over tomorrow! That's what I want... isn't it? so what am I waiting for! Oh boy... God knows I am not ready... maybe that's why he is still not ready!

Please pray that my depression be lifted and energy & enthusiasm restored! thx
  8. trinichiqn
    Jul 29, '13 5:16 am
    trinichiqn
    Today is the Feast of St Martha. Martha was a special and close friend of Jesus, He rewarded her love and strengthened Faith by raising her brother Lazarus from the dead. I hope this novena has also helped to strengthen your our Faith in Jesus.

A closing prayer to our novena

Saint Martha, pray for us that we might serve Jesus better. Help us to overcome our distractions and worries to listen to His words and be present to Him this day. Amen.
  9. Warandpeace
    Jun 15, '13 6:55 pm
    Warandpeace
    Are you trying to find someone here? Sure looks that way.
  10. sadgirl1974
    May 10, '13 9:14 pm
    sadgirl1974
    been alone all of my life, never been with a man ever and am so tired of being alone, took care of my mom for a good many years and loved her a lot, i dont regret a minute of being with her or giving her all of my time and energy and love and compassion. she past on june 07.

any how i am in a good place in my life to meet some one now and want to meet a great guy with a lot to offer, i think i have waited long enough for at least that much ?

i am now almost 40 and still have waited for the right man all of these years. i met a nice guy recently but i think he has to many severe problems and doesnt have much to offer me at all. i want some one who can offer me a good life and a happy one also.

Group Wall Messages 101 to 110 of 704
  1. trinichiqn
    Mar 13, '13 4:54 am
    trinichiqn
    Today Day 2 Mystery is Luminous
  2. trinichiqn
    Mar 12, '13 2:22 am
    trinichiqn
    Today we begin the joyful half of our 54 days.

Today Day 1 Mystery is Joyful
  3. trinichiqn
    Mar 11, '13 3:11 am
    trinichiqn
    Today Day 27 Mystery is Sorrowful.

Today is the last day of petitions, tomorrow we begin the 27 days of thankful.
  4. trinichiqn
    Mar 10, '13 4:03 am
    trinichiqn
    Today Day 26 Mystery is Luminous
  5. trinichiqn
    Mar 9, '13 8:10 am
    trinichiqn
    Today Day 25 Mystery is Joyful
  6. trinichiqn
    Mar 8, '13 4:09 am
    trinichiqn
    Today Day 24 Mystery is Glorious