Search Groups

MembersPopular Groups
2101Meet and talk,talk talk
Created by: jeana12
1697Impurity Addiction Support Group
Created by: whm
971CLEAN jokes (because we need to laugh)
Created by: tuscany
934Divine Mercy
Created by: windmelody
845OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Created by: AFCatholic
837Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Created by: 4elise
772Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Created by: FootStool
724Catholics in the South
Created by: Parce Domine
649Charismatic Christians and Friends
Created by: denwiles
593Knights of Columbus
Created by: tee_eff_em

MsgsMost Active Groups
8301Meet and talk,talk talk
Last by: Thomas Choe
5069CAF Prayer Warriors Support Group
Last by: UpUpAndAway
4351Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Last by: FootStool
4035OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Last by: 3DOCTORS
3851SOLITUDE
Last by: tuscany
3610Let's empty Purgatory
Last by: RJB
3263Poems and Reflections
Last by: PathWalker
3210Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Last by: 4elise
3190Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Last by: grateful_child
3066For seniors and shut- ins
Last by: Thomas Choe

Latest Wall Messages
Publish answered prayers, novenas chaplets
Publishing in thanks a...
Yesterday By: Bindiswah
Meet and talk,talk talk
Dear Bec, please note...
Yesterday By: Thomas Choe
Baseball fans
Pax Christi! You're ...
Yesterday By: svid2
Let us Read the Bible and Encounter Christ!
[B]Lk 5:27-32)[/B] ...
Yesterday By: grateful_child
CA Pet Lovers
Glad to hear that Moll...
Yesterday By: 3DOCTORS
BE NOT AFRAID -- Catholics Living With Anxiety Dis...
Recently I find myself...
Yesterday By: USMC_Convert
Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Praying for peace in t...
Yesterday By: grateful_child
Poems and Reflections
Nice Elizza, thought p...
Yesterday By: PathWalker
Catholic Bible Group
My NAB study Bible say...
Yesterday By: eschator83
Saint Damien Of Molokai
Hi! :wave: I've be...
Yesterday By: catmom50

Social Network Stats
466,330Members
762,599Topics
12,409,244Posts
1195Groups
10687Photos
216097Messages

Go Back   Catholic Answers Groups > Social Groups

This is a public group. Social Group

Praying for our Future Spouse

Visit the forum of this group.
Group created by fin

This group is for those people who are praying or would like to start praying for their spouse. If you feel that God is calling you to the vocation of marriage, praying for your future spouse is one of the ways to prepare for it. This group is under the patronage of the saints, especially Our Lady, St. Joseph, and St. Raphael patron angel of happy meetings.

Showing 1 of 1 Picture(s)
untitled
From fin

Group Activity in Group Forum
Activity in forum
Visit the forum of this group.
  1. trinichiqn
    Yesterday 2:15 am
    trinichiqn
    Day 42
    August 26th - Day 15 Thanksgiving - Mysteries of Light

Make the sign of the cross

1 Hail Mary

Opening prayer - Hail, Queen of the Most Holy Rosary, my Mother Mary, hail! At your feet I humbly kneel to offer you a crown of roses - bright yellow roses to remind you of the public ministry of your son - each rose recalling holy mystery; each ten bound together with my petition for a particular grace.
    O Holy Queen, dispenser of God’s graces and mother of all who invoke you. You cannot look upon my gift and fail to see its binding. As you receive my gift, so you will receive my thanks; from your bounty you have given me the help I so earnestly and trustingly sought, even if I do not yet fully comprehend your wisdom.
    I despaired not of what I asked of you, and you have truly shown yourself my mother.

1 x Apostles’ Creed, 1 x Our Father, 3 x Hail Mary and 1 x Glory Be.

1st Mystery of Light - The Baptism of Jesus in the Jordan River
    O courageous Mother Mary, meditating on the Mystery of the Baptism of Jesus in the Jordan River, when your Son, as an example to all, insisted on being baptised by His cousin John and the sky opened and the Holy Spirit came down to Him like a dove and a voice from Heaven said, "You are my own dear Son in whom I am well pleased", I humbly pray...

1 x Our Father, 10 x Hail Marys, 1 x Glory Be

Then say: I bind these bright yellow roses with a petition for the virtue of giving a good example and humbly lay this bouquet at your feet.

2nd Mystery of Light - The First Miracle of Jesus
    O courageous Mother Mary, meditating on the Mystery of the First Miracle of Jesus at the Wedding Feast at Cana, when at your urging, your Son performed the first of His many miracles by helping a couple celebrate their marriage, by changing water into wine of such quality that the chief steward upbraided the host by saying, "Usually people serve the best wine first and save the cheaper wine for last," I humbly pray...

Then say: I bind these bright yellow roses with a petition for the virtue of responding to the needs of others and humbly lay this bouquet at your feet.

3rd Mystery of Light – The Proclamation of the Kingdom of God
    O courageous Mother Mary, meditating on the Mystery of the Proclamation of the Kingdom of God, when your Son revealed that the reign of God has already begun "within us" and that we are called to conversion and forgiveness, praying "Your Kingdom come, Your will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven," I humbly pray...

Then say: I bind these bright yellow roses with a petition for the virtue of working for social justice and humbly lay this bouquet at your feet.

4th Mystery of Light – The Transfiguration
    O courageous Mother Mary, meditating on the Mystery of the Transfiguration, when your Son revealed His glory to His three disciples, appearing on a mountain with Moses and Elijah, His face shining like the sun and a voice from heaven proclaiming, "This is my beloved Son. Listen to him", I humbly pray...

Then say: I bind these bright yellow roses with a petition for the virtue of listening to the word of God and humbly lay this bouquet at your feet.

5th Mystery of Light – Th Institution of the Eucharist
    O courageous Mother Mary, meditating on the Mystery of the Institution of the Sacrament of the Eucharist, when on the day before He died your Son celebrated the Passover with His disciples and took bread and gave it to them saying, "Take and eat; this is My body" and when dinner was finished He took a cup of wine and shared it with them saying, "Take and drink; this is My blood, which will be given up for you; do this in memory of Me", I humbly pray...

Then say: I bind these bright yellow roses with a petition for the virtue of helping to build the faith community and humbly lay this bouquet at your feet.

Hail, Holy Queen
    Hail, Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy, our life, our sweetness and our hope! To you do we cry poor banished children of Eve; to you do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious advocate, you eyes of mercy towards us and after this our
    exile show unto us the blessed fruit of you womb, Jesus; O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary! Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God, that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

Concluding Prayers

Spiritual Communion - My Jesus, really present in the most Holy Sacrament of the Eucharist, since I cannot now receive you in the form of bread and wine I ask with a heart full of love and longing that you come spiritually into my soul through the intercession of Your most Holy Mother. Abide with me forever: you in me, and I in you, in time and in eternity, in Mary.

Sweet Mother Mary, I offer you this Spiritual Communion to bind my
    bouquets in a wreath to place upon your brow in thanksgiving for (specify request here), which you in your love have obtained for me, even if I do not yet fully comprehend your wisdom.

1 Hail Mary

O God, whose only-begotten Son, by His life, death and resurrection has purchased for us the rewards of eternal life; grant, we beseech you, that meditating upon these mysteries of the most Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary, we may imitate what they contain and obtain what
    they promise, through the same Christ our Lord. Amen.
    May the divine assistance remain always with us. Amen
    And may the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen
    Holy Virgin Mary, with your loving Child, your blessing give to us this day (night).

In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen
  2. trinichiqn
    Jul 29, '14 3:18 am
    trinichiqn
    Today is the Feast of St Martha, thank you to all who prayed this novena with me. I am headed to Mass and then Adoration will be praying for you and your intentions.
  3. Vim71
    Jul 25, '14 7:28 pm
    Vim71
    I think what Janie is asking is if a Novena is answered if you must publish it, but by the looks of it, Janie got an answer in the topic that they started.
    Thread: Novena
  4. angelic06
    Mar 8, '14 8:57 am
    angelic06
    To my future spouse:

I write this letter today, on Saturday the 8th of March.

I was supposed to be volunteering at the children's museum, but we got rain (which I enjoy immensely but makes it unsafe to travel). I am about to head to a local branch library instead. But before I go anywhere, I need to say one or two more decades for my rosary in partial completion of my 54 day Lenten Novena, which I began 2 Sundays in advance of Ash Wednesday, or Clean Monday, if you are of the Byzantine Catholic rites.....so it seems as if I have been observing the Great Fast (Lent) forever! But I don't mind, as one of my intentions is to find you....wherever you are.

Enough about me. Tell me about your day.

Graciously yours,

Paul
  5. merytheriver
    Feb 13, '14 2:18 am
    merytheriver
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by merytheriver View Post
    My future spouse has to be himself, he has to be mature, he should love more God than me. He has to know how to survive alone, knowing that we are in the 21st century... he has to be funny, he has to know me. he has to be my friend. And the most important thing: I have to be in love with him and he has to be in love with me....
    Well I have to say something... I post that in may 2013, I really didn't believe in it. Well I am not jet married, but I have met a guy, well he is my boyfriend, we have been together for 6months, we have already talk about to get married in the future, but that is God's will, not ours.
    The thing is that he is my best friend, he loves God more than me, he is mature(he is the older brother of 5 siblings) he is independent, he is really funny, always making me laugh... all the things that I posted last year. And I had more things in my personal list for example that he had yto be older than me... well God is funny, he is 7 days older than me!!! So I can tell you that God knows what is good for you, and He will guve it to yu when He thinks is the right moment.
    One advice: having boyfriend or girlfriend or spouse does noy mean anything if you don't let God to be in the middle of both of you...
    Having boyfriend does not mean you are going to be happier. No, but you have one person in whom you can share your problems and open all your life to him(or her)
    Have a good day!!
  6. trinichiqn
    Feb 1, '14 1:51 am
    trinichiqn
    We have come to he end of our 31 days, thank you for joining me in praying for our future spouse. Just because we have finished this challenge does not mean we stop. Fin has posted the prayer for the St Valentine novena which begins on February 5th and she has reached out inquiring about interest in a prayer bouquet/chain, please indicate any interest.

Feel free to post prayer intentions for future spouses, gender specific or neutral, as you think of it so that others may pray similar prayers as well.

Let us make 2014 a year that our future spouses are covered in prayer so that wherever they are their eyes will be turned to God.
  7. Latinitas
    Dec 30, '13 8:13 pm
    Latinitas
    Hi everyone,

I would appreciate prayers to find my future wife soon; it's hitting me really hard today.

Benedicat Deus,
    Latinitas
  8. alexandratm
    Dec 3, '13 7:16 am
    alexandratm
    I will pray for you.
  9. andyklein
    Nov 26, '13 8:03 pm
    andyklein
    I just joined this group. I'm only a 21 year old college student and I'm going to law school afterwards, but I hope that doesn't interfere.

How should I go about this?

Thank you very much.
  10. GenosFutureWife
    Sep 22, '13 9:01 pm
    GenosFutureWife
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sydney28 View Post
    I also like what Teresa said about not just praying, but working on her domestic skills! I think that as a single woman, living alone...I tend to get lazy with cleaning and cooking, with the thought, "well it's just ME, so who cares?" Perhaps I should start getting into the habit of cooking an actual meal several times a week and keeping my house in a state that would make my future husband happy to come home to!
    I totally relate to this. Not only do I have a bad attitude about keeping my place up now...don't care coupled with depressed because I'm not married & things around here are falling apart because I don't have a helper around...
    I love the idea of creating a home that he will be happy to come home to... this really does have to start immediately,

he could decide to come over tomorrow! That's what I want... isn't it? so what am I waiting for! Oh boy... God knows I am not ready... maybe that's why he is still not ready!

Please pray that my depression be lifted and energy & enthusiasm restored! thx

Group Wall Messages 441 to 450 of 728
  1. trinichiqn
    Nov 26, '11 2:34 am
    trinichiqn
    Today Lord I pray that our future spouses learn to love as You want them to. I pray that they are patient and kind. I pray that they do not envy, boast or act prideful. I pray that they do not dishonor You, Lord, themselves or others. I pray that they are not self-seeking, easily angered or keeps score of wrongs. I pray that they do not delight in evil but rejoice with the truth. I pray they are always protective, trusting, hopeful and persevering. Lord open their hearts and fill it with the right type of love. Lord the prayer that I pray for our future spouses I also pray for us. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
  2. trinichiqn
    Nov 24, '11 4:29 pm
    trinichiqn
    Today Lord I pray that our future spouses will take all of their requests to You. I pray that they will take all situations to You in prayer and petition. I pray that they will remember You in their thanksgiving. I pray that Your peace will guard their hearts and minds because You hear them. Lord the prayer that I pray for our future spouses I also pray for us. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
  3. trinichiqn
    Nov 24, '11 2:55 pm
    trinichiqn
    Anna you are very welcome.
  4. Anna_Gregorach
    Nov 24, '11 1:05 pm
    Anna_Gregorach
    Godbless u Trinichiqn, they r well appreciated, i need as much strength and wisdom that i can get from the Holy Spirit thru your prayers.

Godbless.
  5. trinichiqn
    Nov 24, '11 7:08 am
    trinichiqn
    Prayers coming your way Anna.
  6. Anna_Gregorach
    Nov 23, '11 3:26 pm
    Anna_Gregorach
    Good day dear brothers and sisters in faith,

I apologise iv not writen for a while nor participated in any novena. I hope u keep me in your prayers as iv been keeping u in mine. My ex bfriend and I have been in touch lately, dunno whats gonna happen, am a bit scared and vulnerable, so ill appreciate your prayers for Our Lord to give me strenght, wisdom, mercy and faith to overcome this.

Godbless you all.
  7. trinichiqn
    Nov 23, '11 2:42 pm
    trinichiqn
    Today Lord I pray that our future spouses will seek God first. Lord I pray that they will look to You in all things, seeking always to live their lives right and in accordance with Your will. Lord the prayer that I pray for our future spouses I also pray for us. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
  8. trinichiqn
    Nov 22, '11 12:18 pm
    trinichiqn
    Today Lord I pray that our future spouses are able to keep their commitments. I pray Lord that they will be faithful in the small things to prepare them to be committed and keep their commitments in bigger things. May they learn to be committed in all aspects of life in preparation for the commitment of our marriages. I pray Lord that they choose to start their commitments even now before we even meet. Lord help their commitment to us to grow each day. Lord the prayer that I pray for our future spouses I also pray for us. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
  9. trinichiqn
    Nov 21, '11 2:22 pm
    trinichiqn
    Today Lord I pray that our future spouses live their lives with contentment. Lord help them to be content in You so that they will be open to Your will. Lord the prayer that I pray for our future spouses I also pray for us. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
  10. trinichiqn
    Nov 20, '11 10:44 am
    trinichiqn
    Today I pray Lord that our future spouses has the qualities You want for us. I pray Lord that the qualities and characteristics that we desire are the ones You also desire. I pray that our future spouse are prayerful, devout Catholics, hardworking, leaders, loves children, wants children, are open to life, patient, kind, honest, helpful, etc. Lord, shape him and mold him, help him to grow and mature to become the husband/wife and father/mother that You desire him/her to be. Lord the prayer that I pray for our future spouses I also pray for us. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.