Search Groups

MembersPopular Groups
2110Meet and talk,talk talk
Created by: jeana12
1702Impurity Addiction Support Group
Created by: whm
974CLEAN jokes (because we need to laugh)
Created by: tuscany
934Divine Mercy
Created by: windmelody
844OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Created by: AFCatholic
840Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Created by: 4elise
774Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Created by: FootStool
725Catholics in the South
Created by: Parce Domine
649Charismatic Christians and Friends
Created by: denwiles
593Knights of Columbus
Created by: tee_eff_em

MsgsMost Active Groups
8306Meet and talk,talk talk
Last by: Amdelos
5071CAF Prayer Warriors Support Group
Last by: mountee
4359Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Last by: DesertSister62
4035OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Last by: 3DOCTORS
3853SOLITUDE
Last by: Prairie Rose
3617Let's empty Purgatory
Last by: RJB
3264Poems and Reflections
Last by: PathWalker
3212Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Last by: Rifester
3204Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Last by: grateful_child
3071For seniors and shut- ins
Last by: tammany

Latest Wall Messages
Meet and talk,talk talk
Is anyone out there
Today By: Amdelos
Let us Read the Bible and Encounter Christ!
[B]Lk 6:31[/B] - [B]"A...
Today By: grateful_child
Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Praying for peace betw...
Today By: grateful_child
Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
[B][I][COLOR="Navy"]By...
Today By: DesertSister62
For seniors and shut- ins
Hello B C Gill, Welco...
Today By: tammany
At The Feet Of Jesus
To Jesus through Mary.
Today By: daughterstm
Baseball fans
Pax Christi! FIFTY IN...
Today By: svid2
HOLY NAME OF JESUS
Mk 9:38--There is no o...
Today By: eschator83
Pope Francis I and the Church
Pope Francis, may the ...
Today By: johnthebaptist2
CLEAN jokes (because we need to laugh)
[COLOR="Green"][B][FON...
Today By: tuscany

Social Network Stats
467,068Members
763,650Topics
12,426,039Posts
1196Groups
10696Photos
216307Messages

Go Back   Catholic Answers Groups > Social Groups

This is a public group. Social Group

Praying for our Future Spouse

Visit the forum of this group.
Group created by fin

This group is for those people who are praying or would like to start praying for their spouse. If you feel that God is calling you to the vocation of marriage, praying for your future spouse is one of the ways to prepare for it. This group is under the patronage of the saints, especially Our Lady, St. Joseph, and St. Raphael patron angel of happy meetings.

Showing 1 of 1 Picture(s)
untitled
From fin

Group Activity in Group Forum
Activity in forum
Visit the forum of this group.
  1. trinichiqn
    Today 2:14 am
    trinichiqn
    Day 49
    September 2nd - Day 22 Thanksgiving - Joyful Mysteries

The Joyful Mysteries

Make the sign of the cross

1 Hail Mary

Opening prayer - Hail, Queen of the Most Holy Rosary, my Mother Mary, hail! At your feet I humbly kneel to offer you a crown of roses - snow-white buds to remind you of your joys - each bud recalling holy mystery; each ten bound together with my petition for a particular grace.

O Holy Queen, dispenser of God’s graces and mother of all who
    invoke you. You cannot look upon my gift and fail to see its binding. As you receive my gift, so you will receive my thanks; from your bounty you have given me me the help I so earnestly and trustingly sought, even if I do not yet fully comprehend your wisdom.

I despaired not of what I asked of you, and you have truly shown yourself my Mother.

1 x Apostles’ Creed, 1 x Our Father, 3 x Hail Mary and 1 x Glory Be.

First Joyful Mystery – The Annunciation

Sweet Mother Mary, meditating on the Mystery of the Annunciation, when the angel Gabriel appeared to you with the tidings that you were to become the Mother of God greeting you with that sublime salutation, “Hail, full of grace! The Lord is with you!” and you did humbly submit
    yourself to the will of the Father, responding: “Behold the handmaid of the Lord. Be it done unto me according to your word”, I humbly pray:

1 x Our Father, 10 x Hail Marys, 1 x Glory Be

Then say: I bind these snow-white buds with a petition for the virtue of humility and humbly lay this bouquet at your feet.

Second Joyful Mystery – The Visitation

Sweet Mother Mary, meditating on the Mystery of the Visitation, when, upon your visit to your holy cousin Elizabeth she greeted you with the prophetic utterance, “Blessed art you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb!” and you answered with that canticle of canticles, the
    Magnificat, I humbly pray:

Then say: I bind these snow-white buds with a petition for the virtue of charity and humbly lay this bouquet at your feet.

Third Joyful Mystery – The Nativity

Sweet Mother Mary, meditating on the Mystery of the Nativity of Our Lord, when, your time being completed, you brought forth the Redeemer of the World in a stable at Bethlehem, whereupon choirs of angels filled the Heavens with their exultant song of praise – “Glory to God in
    the highest, and on Earth peace to men of goodwill”, I humbly pray:

Then say: I bind these snow-white buds with a petition for the grace of detachment from the world and humbly lay this bouquet at your feet.

Fourth Joyful Mystery – The Presentation in the Temple

Sweet Mother Mary, meditating on the Mystery of the Presentation of Our Lord, when in obedience to the Law of Moses, you presented your son in the Temple, where the holy prophet Simeon, taking the Child in
    his arms, offered thanks to God for allowing him to look upon his Saviour and foretold your suffering by the words, "Your soul also a sword shall pierce," I humbly pray:

Then say: I bind these snow-white buds with a petition for the grace of purity and humbly lay this bouquet at your feet.

Fifth Joyful Mystery – The Finding of the Child Jesus in the Temple

Sweet Mother Mary, meditating on the Mystery of the Finding of the Child Jesus in the Temple, when after sorrowfully seeking your lost son for three days you discovered Him in the temple speaking with the teachers and upon your request, He obediently returned home with you and Joseph, I humbly pray:

Then say: I bind these snow-white roses with a petition for the virtue of obedience to the will of God and humbly lay this bouquet at your feet

Hail, Holy Queen
    Hail, Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy, our life, our sweetness and our hope! To you do we cry poor banished children of Eve; to you do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious advocate, you eyes of mercy towards us and after this our
    exile show unto us the blessed fruit of you womb, Jesus; O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary! Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God, that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

Concluding Prayers

Spiritual Communion - My Jesus, really present in the most Holy Sacrament of the Eucharist, since I cannot now receive you in the form of bread and wine I ask with a heart full of love and longing that you come spiritually into my soul through the intercession of Your most Holy Mother. Abide with me forever: you in me, and I in you, in time and in eternity, in Mary.

Sweet Mother Mary, I offer you this Spiritual Communion to bind my
    bouquets in a wreath to place upon your brow in thanksgiving for (specify request here), which you in love have obtained for me, even if I do not yet fully comprehend your wisdom.

1 Hail Mary

O God, whose only-begotten Son, by His life, death and resurrection has purchased for us the rewards of eternal life; grant, we beseech you, that meditating upon these mysteries of the most Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary, we may imitate what they contain and obtain what
    they promise, through the same Christ our Lord. Amen.

May the divine assistance remain always with us. Amen

And may the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen

Holy Virgin Mary, with your loving Child, your blessing give to us this day (night).

In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen
  2. trinichiqn
    Jul 29, '14 3:18 am
    trinichiqn
    Today is the Feast of St Martha, thank you to all who prayed this novena with me. I am headed to Mass and then Adoration will be praying for you and your intentions.
  3. Vim71
    Jul 25, '14 7:28 pm
    Vim71
    I think what Janie is asking is if a Novena is answered if you must publish it, but by the looks of it, Janie got an answer in the topic that they started.
    Thread: Novena
  4. angelic06
    Mar 8, '14 8:57 am
    angelic06
    To my future spouse:

I write this letter today, on Saturday the 8th of March.

I was supposed to be volunteering at the children's museum, but we got rain (which I enjoy immensely but makes it unsafe to travel). I am about to head to a local branch library instead. But before I go anywhere, I need to say one or two more decades for my rosary in partial completion of my 54 day Lenten Novena, which I began 2 Sundays in advance of Ash Wednesday, or Clean Monday, if you are of the Byzantine Catholic rites.....so it seems as if I have been observing the Great Fast (Lent) forever! But I don't mind, as one of my intentions is to find you....wherever you are.

Enough about me. Tell me about your day.

Graciously yours,

Paul
  5. merytheriver
    Feb 13, '14 2:18 am
    merytheriver
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by merytheriver View Post
    My future spouse has to be himself, he has to be mature, he should love more God than me. He has to know how to survive alone, knowing that we are in the 21st century... he has to be funny, he has to know me. he has to be my friend. And the most important thing: I have to be in love with him and he has to be in love with me....
    Well I have to say something... I post that in may 2013, I really didn't believe in it. Well I am not jet married, but I have met a guy, well he is my boyfriend, we have been together for 6months, we have already talk about to get married in the future, but that is God's will, not ours.
    The thing is that he is my best friend, he loves God more than me, he is mature(he is the older brother of 5 siblings) he is independent, he is really funny, always making me laugh... all the things that I posted last year. And I had more things in my personal list for example that he had yto be older than me... well God is funny, he is 7 days older than me!!! So I can tell you that God knows what is good for you, and He will guve it to yu when He thinks is the right moment.
    One advice: having boyfriend or girlfriend or spouse does noy mean anything if you don't let God to be in the middle of both of you...
    Having boyfriend does not mean you are going to be happier. No, but you have one person in whom you can share your problems and open all your life to him(or her)
    Have a good day!!
  6. trinichiqn
    Feb 1, '14 1:51 am
    trinichiqn
    We have come to he end of our 31 days, thank you for joining me in praying for our future spouse. Just because we have finished this challenge does not mean we stop. Fin has posted the prayer for the St Valentine novena which begins on February 5th and she has reached out inquiring about interest in a prayer bouquet/chain, please indicate any interest.

Feel free to post prayer intentions for future spouses, gender specific or neutral, as you think of it so that others may pray similar prayers as well.

Let us make 2014 a year that our future spouses are covered in prayer so that wherever they are their eyes will be turned to God.
  7. Latinitas
    Dec 30, '13 8:13 pm
    Latinitas
    Hi everyone,

I would appreciate prayers to find my future wife soon; it's hitting me really hard today.

Benedicat Deus,
    Latinitas
  8. alexandratm
    Dec 3, '13 7:16 am
    alexandratm
    I will pray for you.
  9. andyklein
    Nov 26, '13 8:03 pm
    andyklein
    I just joined this group. I'm only a 21 year old college student and I'm going to law school afterwards, but I hope that doesn't interfere.

How should I go about this?

Thank you very much.
  10. GenosFutureWife
    Sep 22, '13 9:01 pm
    GenosFutureWife
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sydney28 View Post
    I also like what Teresa said about not just praying, but working on her domestic skills! I think that as a single woman, living alone...I tend to get lazy with cleaning and cooking, with the thought, "well it's just ME, so who cares?" Perhaps I should start getting into the habit of cooking an actual meal several times a week and keeping my house in a state that would make my future husband happy to come home to!
    I totally relate to this. Not only do I have a bad attitude about keeping my place up now...don't care coupled with depressed because I'm not married & things around here are falling apart because I don't have a helper around...
    I love the idea of creating a home that he will be happy to come home to... this really does have to start immediately,

he could decide to come over tomorrow! That's what I want... isn't it? so what am I waiting for! Oh boy... God knows I am not ready... maybe that's why he is still not ready!

Please pray that my depression be lifted and energy & enthusiasm restored! thx

Group Wall Messages 451 to 460 of 730
  1. trinichiqn
    Nov 21, '11 2:22 pm
    trinichiqn
    Today Lord I pray that our future spouses live their lives with contentment. Lord help them to be content in You so that they will be open to Your will. Lord the prayer that I pray for our future spouses I also pray for us. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
  2. trinichiqn
    Nov 20, '11 10:44 am
    trinichiqn
    Today I pray Lord that our future spouses has the qualities You want for us. I pray Lord that the qualities and characteristics that we desire are the ones You also desire. I pray that our future spouse are prayerful, devout Catholics, hardworking, leaders, loves children, wants children, are open to life, patient, kind, honest, helpful, etc. Lord, shape him and mold him, help him to grow and mature to become the husband/wife and father/mother that You desire him/her to be. Lord the prayer that I pray for our future spouses I also pray for us. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
  3. trinichiqn
    Nov 19, '11 5:29 am
    trinichiqn
    Today Lord I pray that our future spouses will the intimacy with others. I pray that the gift of intimacy between our future spouses and us will be guarded and preserved until our wedding day. I pray that he will develop healthy emotional intimacy with the right people. I pray that he will develop and nurture a strong spiritual intimacy with You, Lord. Help him to understand and strive for good with family and friends. Lord the prayer that I pray for our future spouses I also pray for us. In Jesus's name I pray. Amen.
  4. trinichiqn
    Nov 18, '11 6:36 am
    trinichiqn
    Today Lord I pray for the protection of our future spouses. I pray that You place a camp of angels around them to protect them physically, emotionally and spiritually. Protect them Lord from the evil one, keep Your ears perked to their cries, cover them with Your Precious Blood and keep them safe. Protect their minds, emotions and heart, let there be no place that they can go that You will not also be there. Lord the prayer that I pray for our future spouses I also pray for us. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
  5. trinichiqn
    Nov 18, '11 6:32 am
    trinichiqn
    Thank you pomegranate. We have to remember that we are not just praying to meet our future spouses but we have to pray FOR them as well and that what we want for and in our future spouses we should want for ourselves as well.

Fin, I'm in for the novena. Thank you for always providing us with all these great novenas.
  6. fin
    Nov 18, '11 2:51 am
    fin
    Hi pomegranate,

The novena didn't state any recitation of Our Father or Hail Mary, but we're free to do so.
  7. pomegranate
    Nov 17, '11 8:05 pm
    pomegranate
    trinichiqn, I so love your recent, daily intentions! :-)

fin, I'll join in prayer!...One question, though, do we pray any Our Father/Hail Mary s/etc before/after the prayer u posted?

Warm welcome to all new members!!
  8. fin
    Nov 17, '11 7:36 pm
    fin
    Hi all!

Once again, I would like to invite you all to a novena. This will be the Miraculous Medal novena, from Nov. 19 Saturday - Nov. 27 Sunday.

The intentions:
    - that we may find and meet our future spouse
    -that we and our future spouse may grow in the virtues needed to be a holy spouse and parent

Novena of the Miraculous Medal

O Immaculate Virgin Mary,
    Mother of Our Lord Jesus and our Mother,
    penetrated with the most lively confidence in your all-powerful and never-failing intercession, manifested so often through the Miraculous Medal,
    we your loving and trustful children implore you to obtain for us the graces and favors we ask during this novena,
    if they be beneficial to our immortal souls,
    and the souls for whom we pray.
    (Here form your petition)

You know, O Mary, how often our souls have been the sanctuaries of your Son who hates iniquity.
    Obtain for us then a deep hatred of sin and that purity of heart which will attach us to God alone so that our every thought, word and deed may tend to His greater glory.
    Obtain for us also a spirit of prayer and self-denial that we may recover by penance what we have lost by sin and at length attain to that blessed abode where you are the Queen of angels and of men.
    Amen.
  9. trinichiqn
    Nov 17, '11 8:19 am
    trinichiqn
    Today Lord I pray that You give our future spouses strength. Lord make them strong prayer warriors, men and women who are strong enough to fall before You in prayer at all times. Lord give them the gift of spiritual strength to turn to You in times of difficulty and temptation. Remind them Lord that strength comes when they turn to You and You empower them. Grant them the strength to battle their sinful nature that they may live as You want them to. Lord the prayer that I pray for our future spouses I also pray for us. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
  10. lin75
    Nov 16, '11 7:45 pm
    lin75
    Beautiful prayer trinichiqn! God Bless.