Search Groups

MembersPopular Groups
2126Meet and talk,talk talk
Created by: jeana12
1707Impurity Addiction Support Group
Created by: whm
984CLEAN jokes (because we need to laugh)
Created by: tuscany
934Divine Mercy
Created by: windmelody
851OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Created by: AFCatholic
846Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Created by: 4elise
779Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Created by: FootStool
728Catholics in the South
Created by: Parce Domine
649Charismatic Christians and Friends
Created by: denwiles
593Knights of Columbus
Created by: tee_eff_em

MsgsMost Active Groups
8340Meet and talk,talk talk
Last by: Weejee
5087CAF Prayer Warriors Support Group
Last by: Vim71
4400Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Last by: daughterstm
4036OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Last by: aellis422
3857SOLITUDE
Last by: beth40n2
3660Let's empty Purgatory
Last by: daughterstm
3267Poems and Reflections
Last by: PathWalker
3239Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Last by: Amiciel
3218Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Last by: memphian
3085For seniors and shut- ins
Last by: flower lady

Latest Wall Messages
The Militia of the Immaculata
[FONT="Times New Roman...
Today By: DesertSister62
The Golden Arrow
The Chaplet of St. Michael the Archangel
CLEAN jokes (because we need to laugh)
[COLOR="Green"][B][FON...
Today By: tuscany
The Flame of Love of the Immaculate Heart of Mary
[FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="...
For seniors and shut- ins
Dear Lord, I have not...
Today By: flower lady
Let's empty Purgatory
[B][I][FONT="Century G...
Today By: daughterstm
Let us Read the Bible and Encounter Christ!
[COLOR="Navy"]Our Luka...
Today By: Amiciel
Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Prayers offered for al...
Today By: Amiciel
Meet and talk,talk talk
My TV's busted. Anyon...
Yesterday By: Weejee

Social Network Stats
468,934Members
766,651Topics
12,469,734Posts
1200Groups
10740Photos
217060Messages

Go Back   Catholic Answers Groups > Social Groups

This is a public group. Social Group

Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans

Visit the forum of this group.
Group created by 4elise

A place to share both why we've made this choice, and perhaps the challenges & blessings we've found along the way.

We can also share resource, recipes, and resolve!

Non vegetarians / non vegans welcome to post respectful questions about the why and how of this choice.

Showing 5 of 56 Picture(s)
Almond Snowball Cookies
From ARL337
Coconut Bacon
From ARL337
Mock Crab Cakes and Brussel Sprouts
From ARL337
Scrambled Tofu
From ARL337
Mac and "Cheeze"
From ARL337

Group Activity in Group Forum
Activity in forum
Visit the forum of this group.
  1. simpleas
    Sep 12, '14 11:57 am
    simpleas
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ester-29168971

Not sure if you all have seen this, prayers asked for the little ones that didn't survive.

I've been overwhelmed at the amount of goodness shown from thousands of people over the one act of evil.

Hope the boy involved gets the help he needs.

God bless the animals x
  2. Rifester
    Sep 6, '14 12:00 pm
    Rifester
    http://www.vrg.org/

http://www.all-creatures.org/cva/default.htm

If any of you are on G+ I also moderate a community for the Christian Vegetarian Association:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/communit...62967205496962
    Thread: Resources
  3. Rifester
  4. Rifester
    Sep 4, '14 5:50 pm
    Rifester
    Thank you 4Elise! I also agree that my faith played a big part in my having to make changes. When the Spirit opens your eyes, your mind, and your heart it is hard not to listen. As in matters of faith, it is our example, love, and compassion ithat will draw people to question and listen. It is for those people that I wish to spend my energy and help them on the way! Blessings to you!
  5. palomaChiara
    Aug 7, '14 12:09 pm
    palomaChiara
    Your mention of white beans sparked my memory of a fun dessert recipe that helped me transition into less processed, vegan foods.

This can be made with almond or coconut milk and coconut sugar or agave to keep it vegan and low-glycemic.

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/201...-cookie-dough/

Yummy!
    Thread: Raw
  6. palomaChiara
    Jul 22, '14 4:30 pm
    palomaChiara
    Have you heard of Vapour Beauty? http://www.vapourbeauty.com/

I don't have sensitive skin, but their products are lovely, and they offer sample sizes at a discount so you can try before you commit to a full-sized product.
  7. 4elise
    Jul 21, '14 12:35 am
    4elise
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wbuttrey View Post
    Hi All

My pet idea is much addiction is food based like an allergy.

The proof I can think of is that vegetable eaters have way fewer addictions and maybe more important their children don't get addicted.

Care to comment
    I don't know of any studies that have or are looking at this connection -
    Making conscious choice about food 'should' translate to other ways that people care for themselves - but in my experience addiction is a much more complicated thing - sometimes seeming to have a genetic predisposition
    Thread: Addictions
  8. 4elise
    Jul 9, '14 5:29 pm
    4elise
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tanyat View Post
    Hi, Everyone. My name is Tanya. It's so great to be here. I was not brought up in the Catholic Church, although I was christened Catholic. My Dad is Catholic (although not a regular church-goer)and my Mom - a Methodist. My siblings and I attended Mom's church growing up, but eventually went our own ways denominationally as adults. I went under the non-denominational umbrella for the last twenty years. However, God has been showing me some things that are now leading me to believe that the Catholic Church pretty much has it right (although I'm not sure if any one church has it 100% right) and now I'm seriously considering converting to Catholicism. I have had some experiences and seen certain things that I'm not so sure Protestant Churches will understand. My experiences have led me to do a lot of research afterwards - particularly in the area of purgatory and I've read a lot of what Padre Pio wrote about and what others wrote about him. I was lead to write a book about my experiences and it will be available Free of charge of Sunday, June 8, 2014 and Monday, June 9th. I'd like to know your thoughts, so if you can, feel free to write a review. The link is: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IT2GIOS. Thank you and may God bless all of you and may He continue to guide us in this journey of life.
    Contact your parish to inquire about their RCIA program ... Welcome fellow journeyer...
  9. 4elise
    Jul 9, '14 5:26 pm
    4elise
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Francesxavier View Post
    At the top of the page is a link that says "to join this group click here."
    Glad you figured how to join us! Welcome!
  10. 4elise
    Jul 9, '14 5:24 pm
    4elise
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Francesxavier View Post
    I have been a vegetarian for 31 years and would like to offer thoughts that address several of the posts here. Firstly, protein: I don't worry about it. Anytime you combine legumes (peas or beans) with whole grains (rice, wheat, quinoa, etc.), you have a complete protein. I also eat a lot of nuts. It may be necessary to take iron and/or B12 supplements, as veggies don't contain these nutrients. However, if you can find farm fresh eggs with bright orange yolks, that may be enough. Don't think in terms of daily intake, but rather of weekly intake, ie., am I getting enough nutrients every week? Your annual check up will show if you have any deficiencies. Secondly, the one time I went to a naturopath, she told me to eat meat, took me off my thyroid prescription, and my hair started falling out. A friend of mine who was nearly vegetarian, had a naturopath tell her to eat fish. I now take my levothyroxin and have given up on naturopaths. (The hair I lost never did grow back. I also suffered extreme exhaustion while I was off the meds.) Lastly, my husband was a carnivore. I didn't cook two separate meals. I made a veggie dish, grain or pasta, and a meat dish. He ate everything; I just left out the meat. Hope this helps.
    Excellent points... We are protein obsessed! I love nutritional yeast... Add it to lots, sprinkle on cooked veggies, sliced tomatoes, popcorn... Great nutritional supplement for vegans!

Group Wall Messages 1191 to 1200 of 3218
  1. 4elise
    Aug 23, '11 9:02 pm
    4elise
    VEGGIE NAME GAME: (just in case you have no idea what we are doing here.... this is just for fun - I write a veggie and you post one that begins with the last letter of that one - so now it is 'h' just for fun! Everyone can play!
  2. 4elise
    Aug 22, '11 7:23 pm
    4elise
    Because of plural I will take the opportunity to go with the 's' (because the e's are getting too hard!) Beautiful Summer Squash as the days of summer wane

3. 4elise
    Aug 22, '11 7:12 pm
    4elise
    OH AND WHAT luscious grapes they are!
  4. creationlover
    Aug 21, '11 9:12 pm
    creationlover
    grapes
  5. 4elise
    Aug 20, '11 11:05 pm
    4elise
    Iceburg Lettuce

Next letter can be 'g' or 'e' - but I think we've exhausted the e's!
  6. creationlover
    Aug 20, '11 8:30 pm
    creationlover
    Hijiki - Asian sea vegetable
  7. 4elise
    Aug 20, '11 8:14 pm
    4elise
    no one has a veggie that starts with 'h'?
  8. 4elise
    Aug 17, '11 7:04 pm
    4elise
    Radish....

9. creationlover
    Aug 17, '11 6:18 pm
    creationlover
    Armenian cucumber...
  10. 4elise
    Aug 17, '11 7:09 am
    4elise
    VEGGIE NAME GAME: (just in case you have no idea why there is a picture of the veggie/fruit tuna below - I write a veggie and you post one that begins with the last letter of that one - so now it is 'a' just for fun!!)