Search Groups

MembersPopular Groups
1978Meet and talk,talk talk
Created by: jeana12
1650Impurity Addiction Support Group
Created by: whm
936Divine Mercy
Created by: windmelody
903CLEAN jokes (because we need to laugh)
Created by: tuscany
808OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Created by: AFCatholic
805Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Created by: 4elise
756Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Created by: FootStool
707Catholics in the South
Created by: Parce Domine
649Charismatic Christians and Friends
Created by: denwiles
593Knights of Columbus
Created by: tee_eff_em

MsgsMost Active Groups
8020Meet and talk,talk talk
Last by: Butterflylily
4812CAF Prayer Warriors Support Group
Last by: UpUpAndAway
4283Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Last by: Christine85
4027OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Last by: fencersmother
3809SOLITUDE
Last by: Prairie Rose
3356Let's empty Purgatory
Last by: RJB
3180Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Last by: 4elise
3142Poems and Reflections
Last by: tonyg
2954For seniors and shut- ins
Last by: libralion
2675Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Last by: Amiciel

Latest Wall Messages
Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Hi all, sorry to hear ...
Today By: Christine85
Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
756. Tofurky “Gi...
Today By: 4elise
Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
[url]www.savior.org[/u...
Yesterday By: Amiciel
Poems and Reflections
PW, All is well, but a...
Yesterday By: tonyg
Our Lady of Lourdes
Welcome back, Georget!...
Yesterday By: tammany
Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware Catholics
I live in new jersey, ...
Yesterday By: traillius
Catholic Authors, Writes, Publishers Group
Hello. I am a hopeful ...
Yesterday By: traillius
BE NOT AFRAID -- Catholics Living With Anxiety Dis...
Hi new to the group go...
Yesterday By: mfdc
Let's Empty Purgatory 2
O Eternal Father, I of...
Yesterday By: Avila123
Saint Damien Of Molokai
Libralion: I was raise...
Yesterday By: Angelsflight

Social Network Stats
452,219Members
738,803Topics
12,032,718Posts
1187Groups
10477Photos
211177Messages

Go Back   Catholic Answers Groups > Social Groups

This is a public group. Social Group

For seniors and shut- ins

Group created by flower lady

A group for seniors or shut ins who simply want to talk to someone about anything that you want. Our grandkids, our troubles and concerns, our loneliness. However, we welcome all. With age comes wisdom. With God we can accomplish anything together.

Showing 5 of 41 Picture(s)

Group Activity in Group Forum
Group Wall Messages 1 to 10 of 2954
  1. libralion
    Yesterday 11:29 am
    libralion
    Thank-You for the encouraging words of hope for my pain struggle dear tammany and you are so very welcome. I am so honored to be of assistance to you and Bob.

Dear Brenda, praying things improve for you as well and glad to hear you are feeling better and are able to cast your worries aside about what you can't control and accept what is God's will. That is a very brave and inspiring way to live. I must try to follow in your example. So often we get caught up in what we think life should be and God may have a completely different plan for us. Praying for you dear.

Praying for you KrazyKat. How does your garden grow lately? Hope you are doing well my dear.

Good Luck with school Kelly, I know you will Ace every test!

Happy Easter to All
  2. flower lady
    Apr 15, '14 2:43 pm
    flower lady
    Hi all,hope you are enjoying your day. I am feeling so much better day by day. I seem to be getting my energy back. Maybe the spring snow has awakened me. We had about an inch. While everybody complained about the snow, believe it or not I found it to be rather refreshing. It should be melted away by tomorrow and then the cold is suppose to return for a few days. Well, there is not a lot going on in my life at the moment. Just happy to be alive and able to get about. Have a good night all and may God bless you and keep you close to His Sacred Heart. Brenda
  3. flower lady
    Apr 14, '14 11:23 am
    flower lady
    Novena to St. Rita

O holy patroness of those in need St. Rita,
    whose pleadings before thy Divine Lord
    are almost irresistable,
    who for thy lavishness in granting favours
    hast been called the advocate of the hoeless
    and even of the impossible;
    St. Rita, so humble so pure,
    so mortified, so patient
    and of such compassionate love
    for they crucified Jesus
    that thou couldst ovtain from Him
    whatsoever thou askest,
    on account of which all confidently
    have recourse to thee expecting,
    if not always relief at least comfort;
    be propitious to our petition,
    showing thy power with God
    on behalf of thy suppliant;
    be lavish to us,
    as thou hast been in so many wonderful cases
    for the greater glory of God,
    for the spreading of thine own devotion,
    and for the consolation of those
    who trust in thee.

We promise if our petition is granted,
    to glorify thee by making known thy favour,
    to bless and sing thy praises forever.
    Relying then upon thy merits and power
    before the Sacred Heart of Jesus,
    we pray thee grant that...

as soon as God deems fit.
    Amen.

I prayed to St. Rita for a fast recorvery for my childrens friend and she has answered my prayers. He is doing much better even though it may be a long time before he is able to speak again. I am so thankful To God for the wonderful Saints that he has given us to pray for us.
  4. flower lady
    Apr 14, '14 8:30 am
    flower lady
    Tammany, your son is a wise person. When we worry we are only telling God that we don't trust what He has in store for us. I was in the hospital again for another week and actually I had fun with the nurses and doctors during my stay. I made up my mind to accept whatever the outcome and leave it in the hands of Our Savior and His Mom. I am happy to report that my stress test came out very well. I have a good heart, in good condition. No problems at all. My throat xrays came out good and my breathing is much better. I have just been to lazy to come on and post. LOL. I have been having a great time with my greatgrands and grands and enjoying the spring weather. Its suppose to snow tonight or tomorrow here in Michigan; would you believe? I am so happy to see the good news about tammany's husband and everyone here seems to be doing better. Our prayers are being answered in Our Lords perfect timing. He is a merciful God! I am happy to tell you that my faith is growing stronger! May God bless us and help us to trust in Him complelely. I will continue to pray for us all. Brenda
  5. tammany
    Apr 12, '14 2:39 pm
    tammany
    Thank you KrazyKat, Lbralion, and Kelly for your kind thoughts and all your prayers.

Libralion, I am so glad that you have new hope for more pain relief. May God hear our prayers for you and bless the efforts of your new doctor.

KrazyKat, hope all is well with you.

Kelly, I pray for God to bless you and your family and your educational plans.

The other day, our adult son, Mark, stopped by to check on his dad and to have a quick lunch. As does often happen, Mark and I somehow managed to get into a very deep conversation. At one point, he said, " You know, when people pray to God for strength or patience, He often doesn't answer their prayer by instantly handing them what they have asked for. Instead, He gives them opportunities through challenges trials, and suffering to help them grow and develop the strength or patience that they are asking for." Hmmm...
    I don't know where he got that, but it surely has caused me to stop lately when things are going wrong and to reflect on what God may be trying to develop in me.

Hope your Holy Week will be full of opportunities for spiritual growth and blessings.

God bless.
  6. libralion
    Apr 11, '14 9:15 am
    libralion
    Thanks Kelly for the kind words, good to hear from you, dear.
    Blessings to All
  7. Kellyreneeomara
    Apr 10, '14 2:12 pm
    Kellyreneeomara
    tammany Praise the Lord. I am so happy to hear, such good news. I will continue to pray for you and your husband.

librallion, thank you !

Flowerlady....I have been thinking about you and been praying too.

Libaralion...I hope your pain is soon lessened by medical treatment, and God lays his hand upon you to ease your sufferings, as well...God bless you !
  8. libralion
    Apr 10, '14 10:36 am
    libralion
    Tammany,
    Praise to God and so happy to hear your Good News about Bob's health. Keeping you both in my prayers for the Lung Investigation my dear.

Congratulations Kelly on the School Grant you received, may Our Lord continue to bless you and all of us dear.

How are you feeling flower lady? Been praying for you dear, hope you are able to find peace in all your challenges and you are drawn even closer to Jesus Christ's Sacred Heart, in whom all good things come.

KrazyKat you are always in my prayers, how are things?

I have Good News as Well. Found a Doctor who has been treating my pain. It is early on in treatment, but there is much hope that improvement is possible. Thanks for all who have prayed for me. I feel a tremendous relief in knowing that I have found someone who has experience with minimizing my type of Head, Neck and Shoulder Pain.

Peace and Blessings to us All
  9. KrazyKat
    Apr 9, '14 3:55 pm
    KrazyKat
    Wonderful news Tammany, thanks be to God.
  10. tammany
    Apr 9, '14 2:03 pm
    tammany
    "It is truly right and just, our duty and salvation, always and everywhere to give thanks, Father most holy, through your beloved Son, Jesus Christ...
    ." Eucharistic Prayer II

It is very easy to give thanks to God today. We received good news. My husband's throat biopsy revealed there is no malignancy. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Lord for hearing and answering the prayers of so many faith-filled people. I give thanks to Our Lady of Lourdes for her powerful prayers of intercession.

As soon as my husband recovers from the infection that he developed after the biopsy, we have to begin the next step of the journey...determining whether the little growing tumor on one lung is malignant or benign.

I pray that my faith...our faith....will always be strong enough to give thanks in all situations.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your continuing prayers. May God bless all of you in the needs that you have.

tammany