Search Groups

MembersPopular Groups
2072Meet and talk,talk talk
Created by: jeana12
1684Impurity Addiction Support Group
Created by: whm
962CLEAN jokes (because we need to laugh)
Created by: tuscany
934Divine Mercy
Created by: windmelody
838OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Created by: AFCatholic
831Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Created by: 4elise
769Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Created by: FootStool
720Catholics in the South
Created by: Parce Domine
649Charismatic Christians and Friends
Created by: denwiles
593Knights of Columbus
Created by: tee_eff_em

MsgsMost Active Groups
8257Meet and talk,talk talk
Last by: GLam8833
5022CAF Prayer Warriors Support Group
Last by: Vim71
4346Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Last by: FootStool
4029OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Last by: B79
3835SOLITUDE
Last by: beth40n2
3571Let's empty Purgatory
Last by: RJB
3230Poems and Reflections
Last by: tonyg
3207Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Last by: Chast Forever
3139Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Last by: Amiciel
3049For seniors and shut- ins
Last by: Thomas Choe

Latest Wall Messages
Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
[url]www.savior.org[/u...
Today By: Amiciel
The Fasting Group
Pax Christi! And welco...
Today By: svid2
CAF Prayer Warriors Support Group
@UUAA: Thanks! The Che...
Today By: Vim71
Let us Read the Bible and Encounter Christ!
In my limited knowledg...
Today By: grateful_child
Saint Damien Of Molokai
Mother Marianne is mov...
Today By: Angelsflight
Let's Empty Purgatory 2
Eternal Father, I offe...
Today By: Avila123
Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
I think food choices a...
Today By: Chast Forever
Prayer circle!
praying for everyone h...
Today By: 77stanthony77
Let's empty Purgatory
Eternal Father, I offe...
Today By: RJB
CLEAN jokes (because we need to laugh)
[COLOR="Green"][B][FON...
Today By: tuscany

Social Network Stats
463,625Members
758,298Topics
12,341,767Posts
1194Groups
10662Photos
215308Messages

Go Back   Catholic Answers Groups > Social Groups

This is a public group. Social Group

For seniors and shut- ins

Group created by flower lady

A group for seniors or shut ins who simply want to talk to someone about anything that you want. Our grandkids, our troubles and concerns, our loneliness. However, we welcome all. With age comes wisdom. With God we can accomplish anything together.

Showing 5 of 41 Picture(s)

Group Activity in Group Forum
Group Wall Messages 1891 to 1900 of 3049
  1. Hecares
    Oct 5, '11 7:53 am
    Hecares
    Kelly, I just had a terrible thought. I have a son who is 42, and one a year older. Yesterday when I thought back to when I was your age, I felt young. It seemed so recent. However this thought makes me feel very old! Thank you for your reflection. I have always felt peace and awe watching the sky. Maybe it is the peaceful spirit you speak of that has crept up and slowly and imperceptibly affected my marriage - for the better of course-since I started working on stepping up my prayerlife.
  2. Kellyreneeomara
    Oct 5, '11 5:09 am
    Kellyreneeomara
    Good morning to all .Hello Flowerlady and everyone!!!Feeling great this morning.Wanted to share a reflection.I am once again writing.I think I will take my toddler for a stroll--Blessings to all

You gave your life so that we all shall live,O Lord so gracious ;O Lord so merciful and kind.No one has shown unto me my precious savior ,such amazing love and compassion as you have.Without you O Lord; my dark nights would reap loneliness and my days would fare darker.With you my precious savior, there is your beauty within my heart and your peaceful spirit within my soul.Without you I am nothing.Kelly O'Mara
  3. Hecares
    Oct 4, '11 9:04 pm
    Hecares
    Congratulations to my good friends flowerlady and God's Holy Will. Your strength and perseverance inspire me. I pray that God will continue to bless you with everything you need to continue your journey to health.

Kelly, I was just thinking today about how much my life has changed since I was your age. I can see from your prayers and reflections that Jesus and His blessed mother are your close friends.
    You can tell a lot about a person by looking at their friends.

God please continue to bless all my friends here.
  4. Kellyreneeomara
    Oct 4, '11 7:45 pm
    Kellyreneeomara
    Hello all my dear friends,thank you for being here for me.I am only 42,but not having a driver lic. and being afraid to drive because of an accident weighs heavy on me.If I did not have my 3 children,my loving Lord and Savior,and friends like you and precious neighbours,I do not know what I would do.I like to write reflections and here's one I would love to share.If I can brighten ones day or make a difference in ones life,then that is enough for me.Love and Blessings to all,please enjoy....May Our most heavenly Father and his pecious Holy Mother look down upon you and keep you well....sweet dreams my friends.

I must remember to be silent Lord,letting your gentle spirit in ;listening for your soft voice within my ear ;your voice that comforts me within my time of need.It is you my loving and forgiving savior that will always hold me near;for mortal man only look upon me for what I may offer unto them.You my precious savior ,love me immensely and unconditionally for whom I am and comfort me in my most darkest hour.O Lord I long for your touch and I yearn for the sight of your face.One day soon my Lord ,may I be within your glorious kingdom with you ,my heavenly Father.For it is then, true happiness I shall receive.Kelly O'Mara
  5. Gods Holy Will
    Oct 4, '11 6:02 pm
    Gods Holy Will
    flower lady - I got your message today so I'm praying for you now! A few weeks ago i made a change to my medications and for about a week i had very vivid and bad dreams! They went away now. Maybe your mind is just adjusting to not having all those harmful chemicals from cigarettes anymore. Good for you girlfriend!!! I haven't had a drink in 28 days and i have so much peace now because I'm not doing something I know was wrong in so many ways and was against God's will! You can do what i do at night. I ask my Guardian Angel and our Blessed Mother to be at my bedside all night and to keep evil from me. i also ask Our Blessed Mother to keep bad dreams from me or to keep me from remembering them unless God wants me to remember them!
    P.S. What you shared from an unknown author was very powerful and a sure call to love your neighbor as yourself! Wow! Thank you for sharing!!

roseo64 - Thank you for that beautiful quote!!!!! I love it!!!
  6. roseo64
    Oct 4, '11 4:57 pm
    roseo64
    from--"YOU" by rev. raymond OCSO

" Y-O-U spells God now..........for you are a breath
    of God, and He is still breathing...........from Him
    that emptied Himself that you may be filled......"
    p. 11
  7. flower lady
    Oct 3, '11 8:21 pm
    flower lady
    May God bless you with discomfort at easy answers, half truths, superficial relationships, so that you will live deep within your heart.

May God bless you with anger at injustice, oppression, and exploitation of people so that you will work for justice, equality and peace.

May God bless you with tears to shed for those who suffer from pain, rejection, starvation and war, so that you will reach out your hand to comfort them and change their pain into joy.

And may God bless you with the foolishness to think that you can make a difference in the world, so that you will do the things which others tell you cannot be done.

Author Unknown

I like to post this now and then.
  8. flower lady
    Oct 3, '11 8:12 pm
    flower lady
    And I say to your hymn Gods Holy Will. I needed to hear how we must trust in God my dear friend. I don't have any idea why, but I feel afraid tonight so pray for me. I've been having terrible dreams lately and I just feel unsafe. I know dreams don't mean anything but I still feel a little scared. I know, It's crazy. Or maybe not, maybe we all feel this way at times. Anyway thank you for posting. I feel better after reading your hymn, and I will do just as it says trust in God and know that he will take care of me. Have a blessed and peaceful night all. Sleep tight!!
  9. Gods Holy Will
    Oct 3, '11 12:47 pm
    Gods Holy Will
    Hello friends! I hope you will all have a blessed and joyful week! Whatever God allows in our lives He will use for our good if we love Him! That's what the Holy Bible says and i believe it!!!

flower lady - I am so happy that you are feeling great and that you quit smoking!! That is so wonderful!! It makes me happy to know that you are doing well! I'm glad you enjoy the hymns i share! To me they are a consolation from God and give me joy each day when i read them! Here is one that i hope you like!

Great God! Attend, While Zion Sings

Great God! Attend, while Zion sings
    The joy that from Thy presence springs;
    To spend one day with Thee on earth
    Exceeds a thousand days of mirth,
    Exceeds a thousand days of mirth.

Might I enjoy the meanest place
    Within Thy house, O God of grace,
    Nor tents of ease, nor thrones of power,
    Should tempt my feet to leave Thy door,
    Should tempt my feet to leave Thy door.

God is our Sun, He makes our day;
    God is our Shield; He guards our way
    From all the assaults of hell and sin,
    From foes without, from foes within,
    From foes without, from foes within.

All needful grace will God bestow,
    And crown that grace with glory too!
    He gives us all things, and withholds
    No real good from upright souls,
    No real good from upright souls.

O God, our King, whose sovereign sway
    The glorious hosts of heaven obey,
    And devils at Thy presence flee,
    Blest is the man that trusts in Thee,
    Blest is the man that trusts in Thee.

~By Isaac Watts
  10. flower lady
    Oct 2, '11 5:51 pm
    flower lady
    Hi all! I had a wonderful day with friends at mass this morning. We went early because we prayed the rosary before mass. It was truly inspiring.
    Kelly, I am sorry to hear about the accident, happy that you or your children were not injured. That was a blessing from God. Thank you for your concerns regarding my health. Yes I am doing just great! Your prayers have made a huge difference in my recovery I'm sure. Maybe that move would be a good idea Kelly. Sometimes a change can really help. I am so glad that your husband changed his mind and decided to join you at mass. God sometimes works in mysterious ways. You think?
    G.H.W. your hymns as usual are absolutely gorgeous! No doubt about it. I love At The Name of Jesus. You seem to be really enjoying yourself lately. I am happy for you. And congratuations on your staying clean. I'm sure you already know I quit smoking. I had to, and I am feeling so much better.
    Roseo64, Sounds like a great book! I will keep it in mind. Thank you for posting.
    Angelcoco, How nice to hear from you.! It's been a while. I am truly saddened by your grief. Yes, I lost my Mom years ago when I was in my twenties. It does get easier as time goes by, I dare say those first few years are the hardest. I will continue to pray that God help you get through these trying times. Hope you don't stay away so long. We want to know how you are coming along. We missed you. Happy to know that you are feeling a little better. Try and remember, time heals all wounds.
    Have a great night all, and may Jesus and His Mom stay close to your hearts. Take care, I care. Brenda