Search Groups

MembersPopular Groups
2108Meet and talk,talk talk
Created by: jeana12
1702Impurity Addiction Support Group
Created by: whm
974CLEAN jokes (because we need to laugh)
Created by: tuscany
934Divine Mercy
Created by: windmelody
844OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Created by: AFCatholic
840Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Created by: 4elise
774Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Created by: FootStool
725Catholics in the South
Created by: Parce Domine
649Charismatic Christians and Friends
Created by: denwiles
593Knights of Columbus
Created by: tee_eff_em

MsgsMost Active Groups
8304Meet and talk,talk talk
Last by: GLam8833
5071CAF Prayer Warriors Support Group
Last by: mountee
4359Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Last by: DesertSister62
4035OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Last by: 3DOCTORS
3853SOLITUDE
Last by: Prairie Rose
3617Let's empty Purgatory
Last by: RJB
3264Poems and Reflections
Last by: PathWalker
3212Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Last by: Rifester
3204Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Last by: grateful_child
3071For seniors and shut- ins
Last by: tammany

Latest Wall Messages
Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Praying for peace betw...
Today By: grateful_child
Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
[B][I][COLOR="Navy"]By...
Today By: DesertSister62
For seniors and shut- ins
Hello B C Gill, Welco...
Today By: tammany
At The Feet Of Jesus
To Jesus through Mary.
Today By: daughterstm
Baseball fans
Pax Christi! FIFTY IN...
Today By: svid2
HOLY NAME OF JESUS
Mk 9:38--There is no o...
Today By: eschator83
Pope Francis I and the Church
Pope Francis, may the ...
Today By: johnthebaptist2
CLEAN jokes (because we need to laugh)
[COLOR="Green"][B][FON...
Today By: tuscany
ST ANTHONY OF PADUA
St Anthony,please inte...
Today By: johnthebaptist2
Let's empty Purgatory
Eternal Father, I offe...
Today By: RJB

Social Network Stats
467,045Members
763,633Topics
12,425,725Posts
1196Groups
10696Photos
216302Messages

Go Back   Catholic Answers Groups > Social Groups

This is a public group. Social Group

For seniors and shut- ins

Group created by flower lady

A group for seniors or shut ins who simply want to talk to someone about anything that you want. Our grandkids, our troubles and concerns, our loneliness. However, we welcome all. With age comes wisdom. With God we can accomplish anything together.

Showing 5 of 41 Picture(s)

Group Activity in Group Forum
Group Wall Messages 1891 to 1900 of 3071
  1. roseo64
    Oct 9, '11 5:52 pm
    roseo64
    to those taking meds & feel they should be doing
    it on their own.........bi-polar/ or depression/or...
    or is a proven genetic absence ofcertain chemicals. i know how you feel but too many
    people don't realize it's distruction like other diseases. left unchecked it's like crawling in a hole & staying there.
    eleanor have you seen someone to help
    you through this time to sort out what's what.
    grieving time is no way to deal with other problems. that is really an awful lot to deal with!!!

God's Holy Will your morning offering is from the group, "apostleship of prayer" (www.apostleshipofprayer.org)--only requirement
    is to say the prayer daily. and each month the pope's intention's change--oct, is for the terminally ill and world mission day.
    kelly -like your poems/meditations--"you gave your life" & "i must remember".
    everything i've read since my last visit
    has been comforting and /or inspiring.
    thanks all!!!
  2. Gods Holy Will
    Oct 9, '11 5:37 pm
    Gods Holy Will
    Clare G + sheilakathy - Thank you so much for praying for Linda!!! She got out of the hospital today and she sounds happy!!!

Clare G - Thank you so much for that beautiful prayer for Linda!!! I sent it to her and I'm sure she'll love it!!!

Here is a hymn for all my friends!!!

I am not Skilled to Understand

I am not skilled to understand
    What God hath willed, what God hath planned;
    I only know that at His right hand
    Is One Who is my Savior!

I take Him at His word indeed;
    “Christ died for sinners”—this I read;
    For in my heart I find a need
    Of Him to be my Savior!

That He should leave His place on high
    And come for sinful man to die,
    You count it strange? So once did I,
    Before I knew my Savior!

And oh, that He fulfilled may see
    The travail of His soul in me,
    And with His work contented be,
    As I with my dear Savior!

Yea, living, dying, let me bring
    My strength, my solace from this Spring;
    That He Who lives to be my King
    Once died to be my Savior!

~By Dorothy Greenwell
  3. Clare G
    Oct 9, '11 3:22 pm
    Clare G
    Praying for your friend, Do not worry GHW

Prayer for New Mom, Linda

Father in heaven,
    grant Linda the grace to appreciate the dignity
    which you have conferred on her.
    Let her realize that not even the Angels
    have been blessed with such a privilege—
    to share in your creative miracle
    and bring new Saints to heaven.
    Make her a good mother to all her children
    after the example of Mary,
    the Mother of your Son.
    Through the intercession of Jesus and Mary
    I ask your continued blessings on her family & friends.
    Let us all be dedicated to your service on earth
    and attain the eternal happiness of your kingdom in heaven.
    Amen!
    :
  4. sheilakathy
    Oct 9, '11 1:58 pm
    sheilakathy
    Prayed for Linda.

Keeping my notes short, becuz I am trying to get used to this larger keyboard (slipping and sliding around alot!!!) So glad to have this new computer tho0ugh. sk
  5. Gods Holy Will
    Oct 8, '11 6:11 pm
    Gods Holy Will
    sheilakathy - I hope you feel better soon! That's good that you got your flu shot! I'm so glad you have your new computer and that you're back with us!!!

My dear friends, please pray for my best friend Linda. She just delivered twin baby boys on the 6th and she is in the hospital and in a lot of pain. She also wants to go home!!! Thank you and God bless you!!
  6. sheilakathy
    Oct 8, '11 5:39 pm
    sheilakathy
    Got my flue shot, coghing and wheexing, but learning my new computer and having fun with it when I am up to it. Glad to be back...sk, missed you all!
  7. Gods Holy Will
    Oct 8, '11 10:48 am
    Gods Holy Will
    Hecares - Thank you so much!!! Now I don't feel so alone! It sounds like acceptance is what I need to focus on. That's great that you will be able to get off the cancer medicine next summer! I am very grateful for your prayers and I remember you in my prayers too!!! I hope you have a wonderful Saturday and Lord's Day too!!!
    Dear friends, I don't know if you've heard about the website called 'Rosary for the Bishop'. http://rosaryforthebishop.org/ You can sign up to pray a Rosary for your Bishop and you can see how many others are also praying for him! I signed up to pray for the Bishop of San Diego once a month on the First Saturday of each month in honor of Our Lady and they send me an email to remind me!

Another website of note is 'The Fatima Network'! http://www.fatima.org/ They offer so much wonderful information about Fatima and the Holy Rosary and even offer free gifts: Holy Rosary, Miraculous Fatima Water, Green Scapular, Brown Scapular and Holy Card of Our Lady of Fatima. They only ask that you remember the friends, benefactors, and intentions of Our Lady's Apostolate in your prayers and at Holy Mass! (I ordered the Miraculous Fatima water because I am trying to get rid of what may be a bad spirit hanging around me!)
  8. Hecares
    Oct 8, '11 7:41 am
    Hecares
    I understand about the medicine, GHW. You should see my medicine chest! I've had high cholesterol for awhile; but after cancer treatment I have to take a medicine to help keep it from coming back and then I take others to counteract the effects of the first two medicines. I feel like I have two meals of pills a day! The hardest to take, though are the antidepressants. I feel like I am not doing my part, or I could get over it. Even on them, though I sometimes have bad days, so I don't think I'd better try to go off them, certainly not until I get to stop the cancer medicine next summer.

I always pray for you, my friend. I just kind of let God decide what you need most! Certainly I will pray for wisdom in your decision.

Have a beautiful Saturday and a blessed Lord's Day.
  9. Gods Holy Will
    Oct 8, '11 7:15 am
    Gods Holy Will
    Hecares - Thank you for your concern! I think the reason I wasn't feeling right is because with the approval of my psychiatrist I have been slowly weaning myself off a medication I am on(for mental health) for the past two months and for a while I was doing so great, but now it seems like i will have to go back on it. The down side is that I hate to think that i am sick enough to need medication(I'm sure some of that is pride), but the up side is that at least there is something to help me so i will try to be grateful. I hope you have a lovely day my dear friend! Please say a prayer for me that I can see clearly if I need to go back on that medication. Thank you and God bless you!

flower lady - I like your reflection on God! I have learned to be totally honest with Him because somewhere along my journey I realized that He knows it all anyway! Have a blessed day!!!
  10. Hecares
    Oct 8, '11 4:39 am
    Hecares
    I agree. God is a loving God. One thing we can count on is His unconditional love for us NO MATTER WHAT WE DO.

God's Holy will, how are you today? I saw that yesterday you were feeling a little off. I hope you are better today.

Eleanor and Kelly, it was good to see you here the other day. Come back soon, OK?