Search Groups

MembersPopular Groups
2104Meet and talk,talk talk
Created by: jeana12
1700Impurity Addiction Support Group
Created by: whm
974CLEAN jokes (because we need to laugh)
Created by: tuscany
934Divine Mercy
Created by: windmelody
844OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Created by: AFCatholic
838Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Created by: 4elise
774Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Created by: FootStool
724Catholics in the South
Created by: Parce Domine
649Charismatic Christians and Friends
Created by: denwiles
593Knights of Columbus
Created by: tee_eff_em

MsgsMost Active Groups
8303Meet and talk,talk talk
Last by: Inariga
5071CAF Prayer Warriors Support Group
Last by: mountee
4355Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Last by: Marla Frances
4035OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Last by: 3DOCTORS
3853SOLITUDE
Last by: Prairie Rose
3614Let's empty Purgatory
Last by: RJB
3264Poems and Reflections
Last by: PathWalker
3211Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Last by: 4elise
3198Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Last by: grateful_child
3068For seniors and shut- ins
Last by: Holly Christine

Latest Wall Messages
Let us Read the Bible and Encounter Christ!
[B]Lk 6:1-5[/B] - [B]W...
Today By: grateful_child
Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Prayers continuing for...
Today By: grateful_child
Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Labor Day.... let all ...
Yesterday By: 4elise
Poems
That is a lovely poem!...
Yesterday By: SanctusVeritas
CLEAN jokes (because we need to laugh)
A Golf Story A golfer...
Yesterday By: TARRAT
Let's empty Purgatory
Eternal Father, I offe...
Yesterday By: RJB
CAF Prayer Warriors Support Group
UUAA, sounds like you ...
Yesterday By: mountee
For seniors and shut- ins
I am new here. I am i...
Yesterday By: Holly Christine
sentire cum ecclesia to think with the mind of t...
Eschator, that would b...
Yesterday By: oldburkes
The Fasting Group
Pax Christi! Welcom...
Aug 29, '14 By: svid2

Social Network Stats
466,746Members
763,240Topics
12,419,165Posts
1195Groups
10687Photos
216217Messages

Go Back   Catholic Answers Groups > Social Groups

This is a public group. Social Group

For seniors and shut- ins

Group created by flower lady

A group for seniors or shut ins who simply want to talk to someone about anything that you want. Our grandkids, our troubles and concerns, our loneliness. However, we welcome all. With age comes wisdom. With God we can accomplish anything together.

Showing 5 of 41 Picture(s)

Group Activity in Group Forum
Group Wall Messages 1891 to 1900 of 3068
  1. sheilakathy
    Oct 9, '11 1:58 pm
    sheilakathy
    Prayed for Linda.

Keeping my notes short, becuz I am trying to get used to this larger keyboard (slipping and sliding around alot!!!) So glad to have this new computer tho0ugh. sk
  2. Gods Holy Will
    Oct 8, '11 6:11 pm
    Gods Holy Will
    sheilakathy - I hope you feel better soon! That's good that you got your flu shot! I'm so glad you have your new computer and that you're back with us!!!

My dear friends, please pray for my best friend Linda. She just delivered twin baby boys on the 6th and she is in the hospital and in a lot of pain. She also wants to go home!!! Thank you and God bless you!!
  3. sheilakathy
    Oct 8, '11 5:39 pm
    sheilakathy
    Got my flue shot, coghing and wheexing, but learning my new computer and having fun with it when I am up to it. Glad to be back...sk, missed you all!
  4. Gods Holy Will
    Oct 8, '11 10:48 am
    Gods Holy Will
    Hecares - Thank you so much!!! Now I don't feel so alone! It sounds like acceptance is what I need to focus on. That's great that you will be able to get off the cancer medicine next summer! I am very grateful for your prayers and I remember you in my prayers too!!! I hope you have a wonderful Saturday and Lord's Day too!!!
    Dear friends, I don't know if you've heard about the website called 'Rosary for the Bishop'. http://rosaryforthebishop.org/ You can sign up to pray a Rosary for your Bishop and you can see how many others are also praying for him! I signed up to pray for the Bishop of San Diego once a month on the First Saturday of each month in honor of Our Lady and they send me an email to remind me!

Another website of note is 'The Fatima Network'! http://www.fatima.org/ They offer so much wonderful information about Fatima and the Holy Rosary and even offer free gifts: Holy Rosary, Miraculous Fatima Water, Green Scapular, Brown Scapular and Holy Card of Our Lady of Fatima. They only ask that you remember the friends, benefactors, and intentions of Our Lady's Apostolate in your prayers and at Holy Mass! (I ordered the Miraculous Fatima water because I am trying to get rid of what may be a bad spirit hanging around me!)
  5. Hecares
    Oct 8, '11 7:41 am
    Hecares
    I understand about the medicine, GHW. You should see my medicine chest! I've had high cholesterol for awhile; but after cancer treatment I have to take a medicine to help keep it from coming back and then I take others to counteract the effects of the first two medicines. I feel like I have two meals of pills a day! The hardest to take, though are the antidepressants. I feel like I am not doing my part, or I could get over it. Even on them, though I sometimes have bad days, so I don't think I'd better try to go off them, certainly not until I get to stop the cancer medicine next summer.

I always pray for you, my friend. I just kind of let God decide what you need most! Certainly I will pray for wisdom in your decision.

Have a beautiful Saturday and a blessed Lord's Day.
  6. Gods Holy Will
    Oct 8, '11 7:15 am
    Gods Holy Will
    Hecares - Thank you for your concern! I think the reason I wasn't feeling right is because with the approval of my psychiatrist I have been slowly weaning myself off a medication I am on(for mental health) for the past two months and for a while I was doing so great, but now it seems like i will have to go back on it. The down side is that I hate to think that i am sick enough to need medication(I'm sure some of that is pride), but the up side is that at least there is something to help me so i will try to be grateful. I hope you have a lovely day my dear friend! Please say a prayer for me that I can see clearly if I need to go back on that medication. Thank you and God bless you!

flower lady - I like your reflection on God! I have learned to be totally honest with Him because somewhere along my journey I realized that He knows it all anyway! Have a blessed day!!!
  7. Hecares
    Oct 8, '11 4:39 am
    Hecares
    I agree. God is a loving God. One thing we can count on is His unconditional love for us NO MATTER WHAT WE DO.

God's Holy will, how are you today? I saw that yesterday you were feeling a little off. I hope you are better today.

Eleanor and Kelly, it was good to see you here the other day. Come back soon, OK?
  8. flower lady
    Oct 7, '11 10:27 pm
    flower lady
    I think of God as a happy God, One who likes a nice glass of wine with friends and one who truely understands us just the way we are. I know that he loves me and that know matter how many mistackes that I make he will always forgive me. That's my kind of GOD! And I feel sorry for people who can never be able to have that kind of relationship with God. I LOVE YOU God AND i HOPE YOU LOVE ME TOO JUST HHE WAY I AM!!!!
    May you all have a blessed night and learn to love Jesus and communicate with him, JUST THE WAY YOU FEEL! OH, God help us to be for real with you.

For the sake of his sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world, JESUS WE TRUST IN YOU!!! and God loves you and so do I!
  9. Gods Holy Will
    Oct 7, '11 2:01 am
    Gods Holy Will
    flower lady - I'm so glad you enjoyed the Morning Offering and the hymn!!! I hope you and all our friends have a great day!!!

***Today is First Friday friends!!!

A Prayer for First Friday

O most sacred, most loving heart of Jesus, Thou art concealed in the Holy Eucharist, and Thou beatest for us still. Now as then Thou sayest, "With desire I have desired." I worship Thee, then, with all my best love and awe, with my fervent affection, with my most subdued, most resolved will. O make my heart beat with Thy heart. Purify it of all that is earthly, all that is proud and sensual, all that is hard and cruel, of all perversity, of all disorder, of all deadness. So fill it with Thee, that neither the events of the day nor the circumstances of the time may have power to ruffle it; but that in Thy love and Thy fear it may have peace.
    John Henry Cardinal Newman
  10. flower lady
    Oct 6, '11 7:17 pm
    flower lady
    G.H.W. we used to say that in class everymorning in school. (The morning offering) Yes, that is a wonderful way to start your day. I was just surprised to see it, its been so long since I've said that prayer. Happy that you posted it. It brings back many pleasant memories. Once again, what a beautiful hymn indeed!
    Have a blessed night all. Brenda