Search Groups

MembersPopular Groups
2127Meet and talk,talk talk
Created by: jeana12
1707Impurity Addiction Support Group
Created by: whm
984CLEAN jokes (because we need to laugh)
Created by: tuscany
934Divine Mercy
Created by: windmelody
853OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Created by: AFCatholic
846Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Created by: 4elise
779Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Created by: FootStool
728Catholics in the South
Created by: Parce Domine
649Charismatic Christians and Friends
Created by: denwiles
593Knights of Columbus
Created by: tee_eff_em

MsgsMost Active Groups
8344Meet and talk,talk talk
Last by: jcunning
5087CAF Prayer Warriors Support Group
Last by: Vim71
4402Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Last by: DesertSister62
4036OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Last by: aellis422
3857SOLITUDE
Last by: beth40n2
3662Let's empty Purgatory
Last by: DesertSister62
3268Poems and Reflections
Last by: tonyg
3239Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Last by: Amiciel
3218Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Last by: memphian
3085For seniors and shut- ins
Last by: flower lady

Latest Wall Messages
The Flame of Love of the Immaculate Heart of Mary
Love that you so quic...
Today By: daughterstm
Let's Empty Purgatory 2
O Eternal Father, I of...
Today By: ManyFaces
Meet and talk,talk talk
OK, best regards to yo...
Today By: jcunning
Poems and Reflections
Words of peace reign h...
Today By: tonyg
The Fasting Group
Pax Christi! My work ...
Today By: svid2
Baseball fans
Pax Christi. Arrrgghh...
Today By: svid2
Apostles of Our Lady of Kibeho
[B][FONT="Tiahoma"][SI...
Today By: DesertSister62
Let's empty Purgatory
[FONT="Times New Roman...
Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
The Militia of the Immaculata

Social Network Stats
468,967Members
766,686Topics
12,470,371Posts
1200Groups
10741Photos
217083Messages

Go Back   Catholic Answers Groups > Social Groups

This is a public group. Social Group

For seniors and shut- ins

Group created by flower lady

A group for seniors or shut ins who simply want to talk to someone about anything that you want. Our grandkids, our troubles and concerns, our loneliness. However, we welcome all. With age comes wisdom. With God we can accomplish anything together.

Showing 5 of 41 Picture(s)

Group Activity in Group Forum
Group Wall Messages 2071 to 2080 of 3085
  1. flower lady
    Aug 28, '11 4:57 am
    flower lady
    Good morning, S.K. You are so generous. God has given you the gift of charity. Glad you are feeling better.
    Hi, G.H.W. Hope your bumb is healing well. Did you go to the doctor?
    horgan, I'll never understand love and men. Haven't been too successful with relationships, even though I have had very long term relationships, and at my age now I could care less anymore. I'm talking about an intimate relationship. Didn't want you guys to get me wrong not speaking of friendly relationships. I do love the Blessed Virgin Mary so much. I went to confession yesterday, and have been longing to go to the Our Lady of Lourdes Grotto and pray my rosary, but it's not happening for me. Can never get a ride and it is a long ways from my house all the way on the eastside.I'll bet that was a beautiful mass and homily horgan. Would like to have been there.
    In not too long I will be getting ready to go to mass. Can't wait to receive communion.
    You are right horgan, I write some poems for relief. It just makes me feel better sometimes. However, believe me I have moved on. Those are definitely closed chapter in my life. I am more focused on God, and trying to change my llife and get to heaven. I am learning not to worry about things. Getting better with it everyday. Have a good time at mass folks and
  2. horgan
    Aug 27, '11 10:40 pm
    horgan
    Dear Gods Holy Will,fowerlady,Hecares,lauraabarlow,rice lady and viewers: I trust that the bump on your shin bone has healed Gods Holy Will,that area can be so painful when we bump or injure it. Last Monday we celebrated the feast of the Queenship of Mary and concluded the celebrations with an Act of Consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.lauraabarlow,long time no hear,hope you are well and settled back into family life after your stint in Japan.flowerlady,loved your quote from Tom Bodett, the teachers in our Parish school loved it as well.I have just listened to the news;the hurricane Irene is big news with the dangers it is threatening to life & property. We are praying for you in your hour of need. Ps :Gods Holy Will,"What are you?" although witten in traumatic times,is good expression of healing so many unpleasant memories in your life; you feel so better when you get it out of your system.No looking back,remember P U S H !!! Adrian
  3. Gods Holy Will
    Aug 27, '11 12:44 pm
    Gods Holy Will
    sheilakathy - I am so glad you are feeling better!!! World Vision is a wonderful charity! I will keep the girls you sponsor in my prayers! Thank you for sharing their pictures! That's great!
  4. sheilakathy
    Aug 27, '11 12:07 pm
    sheilakathy
    Feeking better for the most part today, thanks for prayers.

I have just added to our photos section some photos of my 3 girls I sponsor in Mexico. THey have little to eat (mostly corn and beans) and live in dirt floored huts. I send them a little money each month through WORLD VISION. Please pray for them, thanks. sk
  5. flower lady
    Aug 27, '11 10:59 am
    flower lady
    G.H.W. Well, I'm not sorry. LOL! That's been almost 10 yrs. ago that we split. I'm happy now. I was with him though most of my young life, for about 25 yrs. off and on. Your novena prayer is lovely. Have a blessed day all! Brenda
  6. Gods Holy Will
    Aug 26, '11 8:19 pm
    Gods Holy Will
    flower lady - Is your ex your ex-husband? If so I'm so sorry! I thought you were talking about an ex-boyfriend!
  7. flower lady
    Aug 26, '11 8:11 pm
    flower lady
    "The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson."

Tom Bodett
  8. Gods Holy Will
    Aug 26, '11 7:23 pm
    Gods Holy Will
    Dear friends, I have a bump on my leg near my shin bone and it hurts a little but shows no bruising. Please pray that it goes away if it be God's will! Thank you and God bless you!

Here is a simple yet beautiful novena I found at the EWTN website! Here's the link: http://www.ewtn.com/devotionals/heart/Im_novena.htm

Novena Prayer to the Immaculate Heart of Mary

O Most Blessed Mother, heart of love, heart of mercy, ever listening, caring, consoling, hear our prayer. As your children, we implore your intercession with Jesus your Son. Receive with understanding and compassion the petitions we place before you today, especially ...(special intention).

We are comforted in knowing your heart is ever open to those who ask for your prayer. We trust to your gentle care and intercession, those whom we love and who are sick or lonely or hurting. Help all of us, Holy Mother, to bear our burdens in this life until we may share eternal life and peace with God forever.
    Amen.

flower lady - After reading that poem all i can say is thank God that's over!!! It sounds like a roller coaster ride, and not a good one! It makes me appreciate our Divine Lover Jesus! He would never do anything like that to us! Thank you for sharing my dear friend!
    P.S. I've had my share of crazy relationships too!
    P.P.S. I'm doing good! I'm trying to do God's Holy Will and make Him (and eventually me!) happy! He knows what's best! One day I want to be able to do God's will as soon as i perceive what it is, with no battles between good and evil within my poor soul! Pray for me! I just bought a book that I hope will be good! it's called, "Parables for Personal Growth: Tales for Your Healing Journey":http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0941405222 I bought it because I read one of the stories called 'The Prince and the Dragon' on the biblical course on quitting alcoholism that I'm taking and the story was great! It's about a prince who falls under the sway of a destructive dragon and struggles to break free! How are you doing?
    (I am keeping you in my prayers!)
  9. flower lady
    Aug 26, '11 6:14 pm
    flower lady
    Good evening all, Hope you have enjoyed your day!
    Kelly, I'm sure that you are anxious about receiving your first Holy Communion in the catholic church and I would be too. It will be well worth your wait, I promise you that. The experience is truly phenomenal. You have so many wonderful things to look forward to little sis. I am so happy for you.
    S.K. I too will be praying for you, I am sorry to hear that you are not feeling well today. Take care, I care.
    G.H.W. How are you my good friend? That was so sweet of you to share your Spiritual Communion prayer with our new friend. And it's a beautiful prayer indeed.
    I am about to share my past madness with you. LOL! A poem I wrote when my x and I had this retarded love hate relationship. Confusion!

What areYou?

You have come loudly, like roaring thunder!
    As quiet as a swans feather, floating, in the summer breeze.
    As intricate as the patterns of snowflakes,
    Yet, easy: genial: benign.

You give me hope and a reason for living!
    Then you pierce my heart with thorns.
    You bring to me sunshine, when I am in darkness,
    Then you take it away and conceal it, beyond thick black clouds.

What are you, that lies: within my boson, inducing these contrary emotions?
    Then a voice deep within my soul, gently whispered,
    "I am; the wicked, worthy one.
    I am Love!"

Brenda Massey, 2009
    I am terrible with punctuation. I need to study more. You ladies have a goodnight. Brenda
  10. Gods Holy Will
    Aug 26, '11 4:43 pm
    Gods Holy Will
    Good day dear friends!

sheilakathy - I'm praying for you!!

flower lady - I'm so happy you liked the verses! I pray that your grandson will learn and remember all the information in the package the next two days! I'm glad you are doing well and getting comfort and peace with your prayer schedule! i don't know what I would do without my prayer schedule! It's such an important part of my day and draws me close to God and our Blessed Mother!

Kellyreneeomara - I'm so glad you had a wonderful Mass! What a grace to feel the passion and grace of Our Lord all around you! Do you know how to make a Spiritual Communion? I always make these when I watch Holy Mass online and can't receive Jesus physically! Here's one!

My Jesus,
    I believe that You
    are present in the Most Holy Sacrament.
    I love You above all things,
    and I desire to receive You into my soul.
    Since I cannot at this moment
    receive You sacramentally,
    come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You.
    Amen.