Search Groups

MembersPopular Groups
2071Meet and talk,talk talk
Created by: jeana12
1683Impurity Addiction Support Group
Created by: whm
962CLEAN jokes (because we need to laugh)
Created by: tuscany
934Divine Mercy
Created by: windmelody
836OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Created by: AFCatholic
830Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Created by: 4elise
768Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Created by: FootStool
720Catholics in the South
Created by: Parce Domine
649Charismatic Christians and Friends
Created by: denwiles
593Knights of Columbus
Created by: tee_eff_em

MsgsMost Active Groups
8256Meet and talk,talk talk
Last by: KEPardue
5018CAF Prayer Warriors Support Group
Last by: UpUpAndAway
4345Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Last by: lsbar
4029OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Last by: B79
3833SOLITUDE
Last by: tuscany
3568Let's empty Purgatory
Last by: RJB
3227Poems and Reflections
Last by: tonyg
3203Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Last by: memphian
3124Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Last by: grateful_child
3048For seniors and shut- ins
Last by: tammany

Latest Wall Messages
Let us Read the Bible and Encounter Christ!
Hello, all. We can no...
Today By: Amiciel
The Fasting Group
Pax Christi! Pope Clem...
Today By: svid2
CLEAN jokes (because we need to laugh)
Was the muffin big or ...
Today By: TARRAT
Poems and Reflections
A Martyr's Crown Cl...
Today By: tonyg
Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Praying for all the vi...
Today By: grateful_child
Meet and talk,talk talk
I will be teaching RCI...
Today By: KEPardue
Publish answered prayers, novenas chaplets
MOTHER OF SURPRISES S...
Today By: pallavideb
Prayer intentions
I pray for you KayVee ...
Today By: janiejnb
Let's empty Purgatory
Eternal Father, I offe...
Today By: RJB
SOLITUDE
[COLOR="Green"][B][FON...
Yesterday By: tuscany

Social Network Stats
463,295Members
757,764Topics
12,332,741Posts
1194Groups
10660Photos
215199Messages

Go Back   Catholic Answers Groups > Social Groups

This is a public group. Social Group

For seniors and shut- ins

Group created by flower lady

A group for seniors or shut ins who simply want to talk to someone about anything that you want. Our grandkids, our troubles and concerns, our loneliness. However, we welcome all. With age comes wisdom. With God we can accomplish anything together.

Showing 5 of 41 Picture(s)

Group Activity in Group Forum
Group Wall Messages 2071 to 2080 of 3048
  1. Gods Holy Will
    Aug 22, '11 11:32 pm
    Gods Holy Will
    Hi friends! Here is a lovely hymn I read today! It reminds me of the sweetness and kindness of Jesus towards us!

O to be like Thee!
    O to be like Thee! blessèd Redeemer,
    This is my constant longing and prayer;
    Gladly I’ll forfeit all of earth’s treasures,
    Jesus, Thy perfect likeness to wear.

O to be like Thee! O to be like Thee,
    Blessèd Redeemer, pure as Thou art;
    Come in Thy sweetness, come in Thy fullness;
    Stamp Thine own image deep on my heart.

O to be like Thee! full of compassion,
    Loving, forgiving, tender and kind,
    Helping the helpless, cheering the fainting,
    Seeking the wandering sinner to find.

O to be like Thee! lowly in spirit,
    Holy and harmless, patient and brave;
    Meekly enduring cruel reproaches,
    Willing to suffer others to save.

O to be like Thee! Lord, I am coming
    Now to receive anointing divine;
    All that I am and have I am bringing,
    Lord, from this moment all shall be Thine.

O to be like Thee! while I am pleading,
    Pour out Thy Spirit, fill with Thy love;
    Make me a temple meet for Thy dwelling,
    Fit me for life and Heaven above.

~ By Thomas Obadiah Chisholm (1866-1960)
  2. Gods Holy Will
    Aug 22, '11 5:20 pm
    Gods Holy Will
    Kellyreneeomara - Thank you for sharing those great verses!!!

sheilakathy - I pray you find your missing stones!

flower lady - I wonder what the priest wants! Let us know, I'm feeling nosy! Thank you for your encouragement and for sharing your thoughts on God! I loved that prayer by Padre Pio! I find it encouraging that he prays, "that I may not fall so often" instead of "that I may not fall". What a humble priest, he knows his weakness.
  3. flower lady
    Aug 22, '11 2:38 pm
    flower lady
    Nice hymn Kelly.
    Hope you find the other beads S.K. Sounds like a fun hobby.

I'm listening to my music on you tube again. Love my songs. Enjoying El Debarge singing again; All this love. I love his album cover too, the one with the red rose. Check him out, pretty song. And listening to some Latin Jazz too.

The Priest called me I see on my cell phone from St. Peter's and Pauls. Curious as to what he wants. I tried to call him back, but the line was busy and the second time I called it said type in the extension of the person I want to talk too, but I don't know who called. Maybe I'll get a ride if I can't get them on the phone and go up to the rectory to see what he wanted tomorrow.

Just chilin! LOL!
  4. sheilakathy
    Aug 22, '11 11:57 am
    sheilakathy
    I bought some blueish freshwater pearls so that I could make a necklace with them. I had some other beads that I planned to add to them(around the house somewhere!), some crystals and onyxes. BUT! I cannnot find those, sigh... Saint Anthony! sk
  5. Kellyreneeomara
    Aug 22, '11 8:24 am
    Kellyreneeomara
    Amazing Grace how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me I once was lost,but now I am found,was blind but now I see.(hope this is right--wrote this down from memory)--This old hymn has always strengthend me. Stuck in the house today--got my 3 year old though.Probally will do laundry. The people that pick me up for mass daily could not come today--Love and blessings to all.
  6. flower lady
    Aug 22, '11 8:22 am
    flower lady
    G.H.W. Who could disagree with that. We are to spread the word always, it is our duty.
    G.H.W. I don't know if this will be the best example to use, but it's how I see God. I think of God as my Dad. When I would be defiant and disobey him repeatedly, sometimes he would have to punish me, and yes it hurt, but I always knew that he was doing it for my own good. To make me a better person, and a better christian. Well, it's the same way with God. He is our Father in Heaven and sometimes He must show us His love by making us suffer, in order to bring us closer to him. However, I think many times it is not him that punishes us he allows us to punish ourselves by us being stubborn. (Free will.) I also think that those he loves the most and those of us who know him well and still insist on having it ourway he hits the hardest. I am one of those people who throughout my life have experienced some pretty rude awakenings, but in the end through his grace he allowed me to survive, and I know that my pains and sufferings made me a better person, for sure. I still think that one of the most powerful messages that I have ever heard was on EWTN, when Mother Angelica said" It is an insult to God to think that yours sins are greater than his mercy". How true! Padre Pio one of the greatest Saints in our time, has a very poweful prayer that he prayed after he received communion. However I pray it anytime I am stressed out. I think I urged you to pray it before. Hear is part of it.

Stay With Me Lord

Stay with me Lord, for it is necessary to have you present so that I do not forget you. You know how easily I abandon you.

Stay with me, Lord, because I am weak and I need your strength, that I may not fall so often. Stay with me Lord to show me your will.

If you would care to pray entire prayer, here is where you can find it.
    www.padrepiodevotions.org
    (Once you get there click prayers of padre pio at the top)

I once met a man in AA that said he had come to AA 25 times and left again. On the 25th time he got sober. I admired him because he never gave up. Luv, your sister in Christ.

And if you feel a need to talk about it again tomorrow, that is what we are all here for, to listen, to learn, to pray for and to try and console one another.
  7. Gods Holy Will
    Aug 22, '11 1:28 am
    Gods Holy Will
    Dear friends, good morning!! I have something interesting to tell you! The other day while i was on the bus someone gave me a Christian tract pamphlet called 'Where will you spend Eternity?" I read it and it was interesting. Although it is not exactly in line with what Catholics believe, i thought it would be useful to pass it on to someone else. (Believing that if they accepted jesus as their Savior now, they could turn to Catholicism later). So I took that tract and left it on a table in the waiting room in my psychiatrist's office. I felt inspired to share these tracts with others so I went to the website that made the one i had and found that they send as many as you want to you free! (I sent them a donation because it is not free to make them!) I ordered 100 of the one I received and 25 of "Is something missing in your life?" I plan to leave them all over the place when i go out with my dad once a week! The food store i go to caters to a college crowd so i plan to leave the tracts where the college kids will buy stuff like in the soda aisle, near the frozen burritos and the Red Bulls! I don't know if you will agree with this, but I feel that it is important to get them thinking of Jesus!
  8. Gods Holy Will
    Aug 21, '11 6:33 pm
    Gods Holy Will
    flower lady - Stanza 4 was my favorite, that's why i wanted to share it! Yes, I needed to hear that! I have trouble discerning God's voice. Sometimes what i read in the Bible or hear at Mass convicts me of sin and makes me feel that God is mad at me, and then sometimes, the course I am taking, today's lesson on blessed are the poor in spirit and Stanza 4 of this hymn makes me feel that God loves me and is not mad at me and understands my weakness. Maybe God both loves me AND is mad at me because of my weakness, that i should be doing much better. How do you discern God's voice from satan's voice?

sheilakathy - What a wonderful day you had!! All that activity would have me pooped out too!
  9. flower lady
    Aug 21, '11 6:29 pm
    flower lady
    Happy you enjoyed your mass Kelly and S.K. I enjoyed mine as well.
    G.H.W. I simply love your hymn, I hope you are listening to that 4th stanza!! Great advice for all of us.
    I am going to take a shower, relax and watch T.V.. Had a busy day today. God bless you all. Brenda
  10. sheilakathy
    Aug 21, '11 6:00 pm
    sheilakathy
    I did go to mass, sing in the choir and go to Confession and Holy Communion too. What a wonderful morning. I slept all afternoon thpough, exhausted! My new group has one member so far (and counting!) sk, happy