Search Groups

MembersPopular Groups
1978Meet and talk,talk talk
Created by: jeana12
1650Impurity Addiction Support Group
Created by: whm
936Divine Mercy
Created by: windmelody
904CLEAN jokes (because we need to laugh)
Created by: tuscany
808OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Created by: AFCatholic
805Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Created by: 4elise
756Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Created by: FootStool
710Catholics in the South
Created by: Parce Domine
649Charismatic Christians and Friends
Created by: denwiles
593Knights of Columbus
Created by: tee_eff_em

MsgsMost Active Groups
8021Meet and talk,talk talk
Last by: Roddy1234
4815CAF Prayer Warriors Support Group
Last by: mountee
4283Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Last by: Christine85
4027OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Last by: fencersmother
3809SOLITUDE
Last by: Prairie Rose
3358Let's empty Purgatory
Last by: RJB
3182Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Last by: 4elise
3144Poems and Reflections
Last by: PathWalker
2957For seniors and shut- ins
Last by: libralion
2677Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Last by: Amiciel

Latest Wall Messages
Let's empty Purgatory
Eternal Father, I offe...
Today By: RJB
CAF Prayer Warriors Support Group
We are praying the Div...
Today By: mountee
Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
[url]www.savior.org[/u...
Today By: Amiciel
Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
libralion - I LOVE thi...
Yesterday By: 4elise
For the Conversion of Sinners in Prisons
Father of Mercy, the s...
Yesterday By: souldancing
Meet and talk,talk talk
Hi Everyone. I am stu...
Yesterday By: Roddy1234
Utah Mission
Hi Everyone. I am stu...
Yesterday By: Roddy1234
Let's Empty Purgatory 2
Eternal Father, I offe...
Yesterday By: Mary Virginia
Catholics in the South
I've had some trouble ...
Yesterday By: Parce Domine
CLEAN jokes (because we need to laugh)
Q- why did the new gro...
Yesterday By: atassina

Social Network Stats
452,219Members
739,019Topics
12,035,998Posts
1187Groups
10477Photos
211215Messages

Go Back   Catholic Answers Groups > Social Groups

This is a public group. Social Group

For seniors and shut- ins

Group created by flower lady

A group for seniors or shut ins who simply want to talk to someone about anything that you want. Our grandkids, our troubles and concerns, our loneliness. However, we welcome all. With age comes wisdom. With God we can accomplish anything together.

Showing 5 of 41 Picture(s)

Group Activity in Group Forum
Group Wall Messages 2071 to 2080 of 2957
  1. flower lady
    Aug 13, '11 5:12 am
    flower lady
    G.H.W. God is climbing that mountain with you. There was this funny shirt that I bought Jazz one time. She was aways pretty sure she was defeated in life. It said: it's not the dog in the fight it's the fight in the dog. No fear! That tickled her pink, and me too. She wore that tee shirt out.
    I started to join this group: Catholics Surviving Abuse, but I thought about it and decided that I don't feel like bringing all that stuff from the past back up, as far as I am concerned it's thrown in the river! I have written one poem that makes me angry every time I read it. But I will say every time I read it I feel better so it must be doing some good. Writing is good therapy enough for me. I'm still praying for all of us. I've got a lot of things I'd like to do today, hope I get it all done. It looks like it is going to be another bright and sunny day here. I really enjoyed my friend yesterday. We talked and laughed about a lot of things in the past. We have both been in the neighborhood for about 25 yrs. She lives about 5 blocks away, so we see each other all of the time. We are both silly old ladies.I like silly, silly is fun. I hope I find a ride today I want to shop. I want some new dresses and a pair of shoes, and I need to put my suits in the cleaners.I gave them to my son last week and I asked him yesterday did he get them out, come to find out he never put them in. He's still riding around with them in the back of his car. Well, they say, if you want something done do it yourself. (He makes me sick, LOL!) Have a great day! Brenda
  2. Gods Holy Will
    Aug 13, '11 3:23 am
    Gods Holy Will
    flower lady - Saturday is Day 5 of no drinking!!!

horgan - Thank you so much for sharing the beautiful AA story!!! God is definitely at those meetings! The people there are so humble and nice!
  3. Gods Holy Will
    Aug 12, '11 2:41 pm
    Gods Holy Will
    flower lady - Congratulations!!!! Enjoy your time with your friend!!! Fresh air and no need for a "smoke-break"!!!

Hecares - Thank you so much for your prayers and blessings!

horgan - I love your wonderful reflection on the Cannanite woman!!! I hope you have a very nice weekend!
  4. flower lady
    Aug 12, '11 10:18 am
    flower lady
    G.H.W, Second day so far not smoking. If you could go once you could go twice. Just take baby steps and you will be fine, I'm sure through the grace of God. In time. Our Lord will be patient with the both of us, I pray. Thank you so much for praying the Divine Mercy for me. I rested well last night too, and thank you for the jokes, we needed a good laugh.
    Horgan, No I did not know that. All that I can remember is I think his name was Bill. (Don't remember the last name) You live and you learn. I love your story about the canannite woman. Oh, by the way my little great, great, niece is a little over a yr. old, she is a living doll! Her mom and her moms parents are from Australian. Now here is the thing about the woman in your story, I do as she did; I ask God for the same thing over and over again, I never give up, and yes He has taken and long time sometimes to answer my prayers and He has even shown me a few miracles in my life, but isn't that kind of persistence a sin sometimes? I worry about that. Aren't we suppose to ask Him once or twice and let it go and assume that if you don't get what you ask for, he does not will it for you? I get afraid that I worry God and therefore he thinks that I don't trust him or am trying to force him to say yes to my prayers and that I might anger Him. What do you think? Is there a point where a line should be drawn? I feel like he's looking down on me saying," Don't you know what NO means". LOL! Is that stubborness or great faith? I do know that about me from a kid, I do not want to take no for an answer when there is something serious that I think I want or need. I'm not talking about sinful things. Well, I guess God knows how he made me to be. I don't know I get confused about how God wants me to be sometimes.
    Hi Hecares and S.K. and all, hope you are enjoing this beautiful day! I don't know what the weather is like there but it is sunny and bright here. My girlfriend just called and is on her way over, so I will chat with you guys later. Going to see what kind of snacks I can set out for her. Have a blessed day all. Brenda
  5. sheilakathy
    Aug 12, '11 8:31 am
    sheilakathy
    I found the bookclub, but I cannot seem to get into it! Still working at it. Computers can be so difficult... sk
  6. Hecares
    Aug 12, '11 5:50 am
    Hecares
    Did you find a book club, Sheilkathy? It is so generous of you to share your books, and it would be good to share ideas with others who are reading the same books.. It takes me away from all my problems when I read a good book. Maybe it will do that for whoever picks up the books you donated.

I started to say "unfortunately" but that's not really a good start to this thought. I have been reading a lot for study and inspiration lately. I guess the unfortunate part is that is doesn't leave much time for recreational reading. I'm starting to feel a little burnt out with life's challenges, not with the things I'm reading, so maybe it's time to take a break for a good book.

God bless you. Enjoy your books.
  7. Hecares
    Aug 12, '11 5:40 am
    Hecares
    I'm sorry everything didn't work out for you, GHW. I understand from your post that daily Mass is impossible at this time; but how about AA meetings. I was surprised that you had the courage to go out and try them. I know how hard it is for you to be around groups of people. I hope AA is still possible for you. If it isn't I know that you will find another support so that you will win your battle. Prayers and blessings.
  8. horgan
    Aug 12, '11 3:34 am
    horgan
    Greetings and best wishes to one and all!!This Sunday's Gospel is about the Canannite woman.To me she was a woman of tireless persistence.It seems that little,if anything could discourage her.From Jesus she met a wall of silence.She kept asking.Then she met a rebuff (like we do do sometimes) She threw herself at the feet of Jesus.Next she copped an insult.She turned the insult round with a flash of humour and finally got what she was aksing for,,,the cure of her daughter.It is that kind of persistent faith that keeps our faith alive.It is a faith that is tested in the daily struggles of life.It is a faith that copes with illness,poverty,death and the failure of our high ideals She is the only person in the N,.T. that got the better of Jesus" Keep the faith alive. All the best for a quiet & peaceful weekend.Adrian:yyee ss:
  9. horgan
    Aug 12, '11 3:23 am
    horgan
    Gods Holy Will,flowerlady hecares & alia:Peace! An Australian priest was the founder of A A in Australia.He was so addicted to alcohol that he used to hide his statch in the cistern of the toilet! He overcame his addiction and helped thousands of others from all walks of life to overcome theirs.He was a remarkable man,followed the 12 steps of A A ,and the Serenity Prayer was a means of success.Sometimes,he said the only thing to do is to sit still in prayer,often not even finding words,but simply trusting that there is a love which surrounds the whole of creation even when it did not seem to be particularly close.His faith in A A was tested in the daily struggles of life and helped him to be a high achiever.Hope this is of help.Best wishes for a fantastic weekend .Adrian
  10. Gods Holy Will
    Aug 11, '11 12:52 pm
    Gods Holy Will
    sheilakathy - Great idea!!!

Here are a couple of funny jokes that I shared on the CLEAN jokes group!

I Pledge Allegiance

Not quite getting it, the little first grader said, "I led the pigeons to the flag."

Beauty

A little boy watched, fascinated, as his mother covered her face in cold cream. "Why do you do that?" he asked.

"To make myself beautiful."

When she began to rub it off, the boy asked, "Why are you doing that? Did you give up?"