Search Groups

MembersPopular Groups
2095Meet and talk,talk talk
Created by: jeana12
1692Impurity Addiction Support Group
Created by: whm
967CLEAN jokes (because we need to laugh)
Created by: tuscany
934Divine Mercy
Created by: windmelody
846OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Created by: AFCatholic
835Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Created by: 4elise
769Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Created by: FootStool
722Catholics in the South
Created by: Parce Domine
649Charismatic Christians and Friends
Created by: denwiles
593Knights of Columbus
Created by: tee_eff_em

MsgsMost Active Groups
8295Meet and talk,talk talk
Last by: eschator83
5058CAF Prayer Warriors Support Group
Last by: UpUpAndAway
4348Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Last by: Marla Frances
4032OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Last by: lucia kay
3847SOLITUDE
Last by: beth40n2
3597Let's empty Purgatory
Last by: RJB
3254Poems and Reflections
Last by: PathWalker
3210Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Last by: 4elise
3176Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Last by: grateful_child
3060For seniors and shut- ins
Last by: MarieAlice dodw

Latest Wall Messages
Publish answered prayers, novenas chaplets
posting of prayer as p...
Today By: janiejnb
Baseball fans
Arrrgh! I labelled ph...
Today By: robertmidwest
CAF Prayer Warriors Support Group
Yay, James :thumbsup: ...
Today By: UpUpAndAway
Let us Read the Bible and Encounter Christ!
[U]Lk 4:18-19.[/U] [U]...
Today By: grateful_child
Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Praying for all those ...
Today By: grateful_child
Impurity Addiction Support Group
hello everyone, i'm re...
Today By: farawayaria
Mature Vocations
As others tend to do I...
Today By: mebcb
Servants to Mary
Hi all, just joined th...
Today By: Jokilda
Let's empty Purgatory
Eternal Father, I offe...
Today By: RJB
CLEAN jokes (because we need to laugh)
Some thoughts on Beer ...
Today By: TARRAT

Social Network Stats
465,593Members
761,430Topics
12,392,294Posts
1195Groups
10670Photos
215897Messages

Go Back   Catholic Answers Groups > Social Groups

This is a public group. Social Group

For seniors and shut- ins

Group created by flower lady

A group for seniors or shut ins who simply want to talk to someone about anything that you want. Our grandkids, our troubles and concerns, our loneliness. However, we welcome all. With age comes wisdom. With God we can accomplish anything together.

Showing 5 of 41 Picture(s)

Group Activity in Group Forum
Group Wall Messages 2071 to 2080 of 3060
  1. sheilakathy
    Aug 24, '11 7:11 am
    sheilakathy
    My friend Lucille is taking me out for brunch, a ride in the mountinas today, also shopping, can't beat that! sk
  2. horgan
    Aug 24, '11 3:00 am
    horgan
    flowerlady,peace of the Lord be with you.No one is going to kick you off line,your poem is a beautiful expression of true love between husband and wife.I was gobsmacked to read of your family tragedies,and it was moving to read of your new relationship with Kellyreneeom as an adopted sister I am also half Irish on my father's side,Mum's family tree is English.Reading Canon Law is a good way to put you to sleep!!! Hecares,the Bible is God's gradual revelation of a loving and caring God which reached its zenith when He sent His Son into the world. God is never a punishing God as the Old testament sometimes portrays Him. That is how the O.T explain their disasters and defeats because they thought they were being punished.The Book of Job teaches us no matter what may befall us,God is always here.Job finishes on a positive note that because he remained faithful through it all,he was twice rewarded. Keep reading,May the Word of God be our daily inspiration & source of prayer. Adrian
  3. Kellyreneeomara
    Aug 23, '11 8:04 pm
    Kellyreneeomara
    flowerlady-It is offical you are my on line big sister -ha--I was an only child growing up it was so lonely for me.Your poem is fine.Between married couples it is beautiful and enjoying eachother is celebrated.It is part of the beautiful union of marriage.Thank you.
  4. flower lady
    Aug 23, '11 7:55 pm
    flower lady
    Hi Kelly, yes I am multiracial, my mom is half Irish. What a wonderful thing for you to say that you adopt me as your sister. You know a few yrs. ago my eldest sister died with cancer and I got a call one night at 4'o'clock in the morning to find that my baby sister had been killed in a car accident, I am the only one alive of my parents children, I had two brothers who died before them, and my parents are gone as well.
    Anyway so you are going to renew your marriage vows in the catholic church, that is simply awesome.
    The night that you renew them you might want to try this. LOL!

Love Bath

Sweet soft sounds of violins: fill the night air.
    Scented candles: flickering, about the steamy hot tub.
    I lean back and rest, against his brawny physique.
    Mesmerized by; the calm and tranquil atmosphere.
    His hands gently: stroking my hips and thighs.
    Expressing our mutual love, as we cuddle up among,
    Fluffy white: cloud-like bubbles.

Brenda Massey, 2010

For you and your husband. Ha, ha, ha, haaaaaa.
    I hope the site doesn't kick me off of here for posting this poem. I don't think so, I don't think it is vulgar or anything. Do you? Yes, I love to write poems to entertain myself. I have a ball doing it. It's my hobby. Chat with you later. Have a peaceful evening. Brenda I might be back in a while, I don't have anything to do tonight. I have been reading about the canon laws of the church for the last few days.
  5. Kellyreneeomara
    Aug 23, '11 6:24 pm
    Kellyreneeomara
    Brenda I hope you locate him soon.I will pray love and blessings from above
  6. Kellyreneeomara
    Aug 23, '11 6:21 pm
    Kellyreneeomara
    Hello Flower Lady-----I just love you .I have adopted you as my long lost Irish half sister---ha---We're both part Irish right??!! Anyhow,I just admire your spirit,it is uplifting.I am very happy today,my husband is going to confession in two weeks(he will be in town)and he will go on Saturdays to mass.God answered my prayers everyone.We can now be married in the church and I will get all my sacraments to be able to take of the Euchrist.He is craddle Catholic.Love and Blessings to everyone
  7. flower lady
    Aug 23, '11 4:01 pm
    flower lady
    G.H.W. The priest wanted to know if I received the package for Anthony to study, in which I did, but now I can't catch up with that kid. He's from relative to relative's house all over the city. I heard he's in Southfield Michigan now with his aunt.
  8. flower lady
    Aug 23, '11 3:10 pm
    flower lady
    Oh yes it is, I pray it a lot too, and I love the chaplet of Our Lady of Perpetual Help also. I just made a daily prayer schedual. I posted it the other day saying" how it's not as hard as I thought it would be. I'm actually having fun doing it. Sorry to hear about your accident, God is so merciful. You are blessed to be able to go to mass through the week, I wish I could. I do get to go on Sundays, some guys from the church give me a ride. They will come to take me to confession on Saturday. May God bless you and your family. Brenda
  9. Kellyreneeomara
    Aug 23, '11 2:18 pm
    Kellyreneeomara
    I am in love with "The Chaplet of The Divine Mercy".I am praying that on my Rosary on Fridays.It is like a scheduled weekly prayer I am doing.I love it. Went to mass today and it was moving for me in many ways.I do not drive.Will not drive till May.Then I will probally still be nervous.Hope not.I was in a bad accident that almost killed me--I am blessed to be with my husband and 3 small children.
  10. flower lady
    Aug 23, '11 7:59 am
    flower lady
    horgan, thank you for the wonderful compliments. It's been a real pleasure having you with us. Keep that sense of humor.
    G.H.W. yes your hymn is lovely, invigarating and inspirational. Leave it to you to find these beautiful songs.
    horgan and hecares, I do thank you guys for your insight.:thumbsup, your post gives me a different perception of God's love for us.
    May the Holy Spirit be with you always. Brenda