Search Groups

MembersPopular Groups
2110Meet and talk,talk talk
Created by: jeana12
1702Impurity Addiction Support Group
Created by: whm
974CLEAN jokes (because we need to laugh)
Created by: tuscany
934Divine Mercy
Created by: windmelody
844OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Created by: AFCatholic
840Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Created by: 4elise
774Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Created by: FootStool
725Catholics in the South
Created by: Parce Domine
649Charismatic Christians and Friends
Created by: denwiles
593Knights of Columbus
Created by: tee_eff_em

MsgsMost Active Groups
8306Meet and talk,talk talk
Last by: Amdelos
5071CAF Prayer Warriors Support Group
Last by: mountee
4359Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Last by: DesertSister62
4035OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Last by: 3DOCTORS
3853SOLITUDE
Last by: Prairie Rose
3617Let's empty Purgatory
Last by: RJB
3264Poems and Reflections
Last by: PathWalker
3212Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Last by: Rifester
3204Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Last by: grateful_child
3071For seniors and shut- ins
Last by: tammany

Latest Wall Messages
Meet and talk,talk talk
Is anyone out there
Today By: Amdelos
Let us Read the Bible and Encounter Christ!
[B]Lk 6:31[/B] - [B]"A...
Today By: grateful_child
Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Praying for peace betw...
Today By: grateful_child
Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
[B][I][COLOR="Navy"]By...
Today By: DesertSister62
For seniors and shut- ins
Hello B C Gill, Welco...
Today By: tammany
At The Feet Of Jesus
To Jesus through Mary.
Today By: daughterstm
Baseball fans
Pax Christi! FIFTY IN...
Today By: svid2
HOLY NAME OF JESUS
Mk 9:38--There is no o...
Today By: eschator83
Pope Francis I and the Church
Pope Francis, may the ...
Today By: johnthebaptist2
CLEAN jokes (because we need to laugh)
[COLOR="Green"][B][FON...
Today By: tuscany

Social Network Stats
467,066Members
763,648Topics
12,426,003Posts
1196Groups
10696Photos
216307Messages

Go Back   Catholic Answers Groups > Social Groups

This is a public group. Social Group

For seniors and shut- ins

Group created by flower lady

A group for seniors or shut ins who simply want to talk to someone about anything that you want. Our grandkids, our troubles and concerns, our loneliness. However, we welcome all. With age comes wisdom. With God we can accomplish anything together.

Showing 5 of 41 Picture(s)

Group Activity in Group Forum
Group Wall Messages 601 to 610 of 3071
  1. Kellyreneeomara
    Jul 10, '13 6:11 pm
    Kellyreneeomara
    An Irish Prayer
    May God give you...
    For every storm, a rainbow,
    For every tear, a smile,
    For every care, a promise,
    And a blessing in each trial.
    For every problem life sends,
    A faithful friend to share,
    For every sigh, a sweet song,
    And an answer for each prayer
  2. Kellyreneeomara
    Jul 9, '13 7:22 am
    Kellyreneeomara
    Hi Brenda (Flower lady).....things are good with me.......just enjoying life's adventures. Finding ways to be more involved in my church. I think anything I get involved in will be good in service for God foremost, my future endeavors, will mold me in my call to ministry (Episcopal), spiritual growth and will just keep me on a devout path that I strongly desire......The diocese is training me on July 27th for an Eucharistic visitor, to shut-ins and ones residing in rehabilitation facilities, hospitals and nursing homes. I am a lector as well now and part of the Pastoral Care Team.....feeling blessed for theses blessed opportunities...Staring college in January to finish earning ba...then bishop willing, vestry willing.... FOREMOST, before anyone, God willing,.off to Seminary.......missed everyone. I left CAF for a while..friends on here sent me messages wanting me to come back. I cleared my profile..lol..I am getting busy..will not be able to come on often...but keep all in prayers..Kelly.
  3. flower lady
    Jul 6, '13 6:04 pm
    flower lady
    Hi all, just checking in. I went too the 4'30 mass today and to confession with my dear friends who are kind enough to take me when I call them. They have been a great blessing to me. God has been so good to me. I am on cruches and can't wallk to well and prayed that God would send somebody to take me to church and; so He did.

Desert girl, I am so happy that you like the novena. I pray that it is God's will for you to unite with your son and grandchild. My daughter gets angry at me and wont let me see my grandson sometimes. I ignore her and act as though I don't care and it's never long before she comes back around. (When she needs something) LOL! She calls herself punishing me when she can't get her way. Self centered,and a spoiled brat.(you know what I'm saying). She is my youngest child.

Hi, kelly. Was glad you dropped in to say hello. We miss you.

Have a good evening folks, I will soon be on my way to the fireworks in Dearborn Michigan my friend and I. It's not far from me at all. I 'm sure we will have fun. Well, I'll be on my way now. LOL!

Goodnight tight. Brenda
  4. Desert girl
    Jul 6, '13 3:27 pm
    Desert girl
    Flower lady, thank you for the novena. It is very beautiful and I will try it for nine days. Just praying it now is comforting.

I am trying to pray more and accept my problems with a better outlook. Hard, because I am stubborn and impatient at times.

Lord grant me peace of mind! amen
  5. Kellyreneeomara
    Jul 3, '13 12:40 pm
    Kellyreneeomara
    LOVE and PRAYERS to ALL !!!! God bless you !!!!
  6. flower lady
    Jul 3, '13 10:57 am
    flower lady
    Hello all. Libbeylu, I see you are a jack of all trades. No I can not bake or knit. I wish!

"A loving heart is the truest wisdom". ~~A. Maude Roden~~

Have a wonderful afternoon folks! Brenda
  7. libbeylu
    Jul 2, '13 4:20 pm
    libbeylu
    Just "checking in".....I luv to knit and it brings me so much peace in my life. Are there any knitters in this group.....I even do most of my praying while knitting. Also I am a "childless" women, not by choice but by circumstance. Sometimes it gets very lonely......
  8. flower lady
    Jul 2, '13 7:31 am
    flower lady
    Good morning all, and welcome all newbies .KrazyKat, I will pray for the repose of your grandsons friends soul. How heartbreaking it must be for his family, and friends.

Desert girl, here is a novena that you might want to say regarding your situation with your son. Our Lady always listens to us with much love and compassion. If you would like, you could say this for nine days.

Kneeling at your feet sweet Mother of God and Queen of peace, I, your loving child, confidently turn to you in my need, seeking your intercession for peace of mind and comfort to my troubled heart. (mention your petition here.)

O listen to me, dear heavenly mother. Come to my aid and refuse me not as I cry to you, for you are my mother, and you fail no one who has recourse to you. O consoler of the afflicted. O Queen of Peace.

May God all, and have a good day! Brenda
  9. KrazyKat
    Jul 1, '13 10:42 pm
    KrazyKat
    A young man accidentally overdosed on pain pills, was found alone in Santa Cruz where he went to vacation. His name is Nate, a friend of my Grandsons, who also called me Grandma.
    Eternal rest grant unto Nate, O Lord.

Please say a prayer for him and for his family and friends who are devastated by his unexpected death.

Thank you.
  10. KrazyKat
    Jul 1, '13 5:56 pm
    KrazyKat
    That is a tough one. If you can afford to I'd write it off as a gift, with love.