Search Groups

MembersPopular Groups
1978Meet and talk,talk talk
Created by: jeana12
1650Impurity Addiction Support Group
Created by: whm
936Divine Mercy
Created by: windmelody
904CLEAN jokes (because we need to laugh)
Created by: tuscany
808OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Created by: AFCatholic
805Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Created by: 4elise
756Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Created by: FootStool
710Catholics in the South
Created by: Parce Domine
649Charismatic Christians and Friends
Created by: denwiles
593Knights of Columbus
Created by: tee_eff_em

MsgsMost Active Groups
8021Meet and talk,talk talk
Last by: Roddy1234
4814CAF Prayer Warriors Support Group
Last by: libralion
4283Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Last by: Christine85
4027OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Last by: fencersmother
3809SOLITUDE
Last by: Prairie Rose
3357Let's empty Purgatory
Last by: RJB
3182Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Last by: 4elise
3144Poems and Reflections
Last by: PathWalker
2957For seniors and shut- ins
Last by: libralion
2676Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Last by: grateful_child

Latest Wall Messages
Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Praying for the conver...
Yesterday By: grateful_child
Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
libralion - I LOVE thi...
Yesterday By: 4elise
For the Conversion of Sinners in Prisons
Father of Mercy, the s...
Yesterday By: souldancing
Meet and talk,talk talk
Hi Everyone. I am stu...
Yesterday By: Roddy1234
Utah Mission
Hi Everyone. I am stu...
Yesterday By: Roddy1234
Let's Empty Purgatory 2
Eternal Father, I offe...
Yesterday By: Mary Virginia
Catholics in the South
I've had some trouble ...
Yesterday By: Parce Domine
CLEAN jokes (because we need to laugh)
Q- why did the new gro...
Yesterday By: atassina
Impurity Addiction Support Group
Metz: While I'm not re...
Yesterday By: Heliotropium
For seniors and shut- ins
Wishes for a Most Joyo...
Yesterday By: libralion

Social Network Stats
452,219Members
738,994Topics
12,035,692Posts
1187Groups
10477Photos
211211Messages

Go Back   Catholic Answers Groups > Social Groups

This is a public group. Social Group

For seniors and shut- ins

Group created by flower lady

A group for seniors or shut ins who simply want to talk to someone about anything that you want. Our grandkids, our troubles and concerns, our loneliness. However, we welcome all. With age comes wisdom. With God we can accomplish anything together.

Showing 5 of 41 Picture(s)

Group Activity in Group Forum
Group Wall Messages 601 to 610 of 2957
  1. flower lady
    Feb 27, '13 10:19 am
    flower lady
    Good morning to all at caf. I would like to post these beautiful sayings from our wonderful catholic saints for Lent since giving is so important during this holy season. Hope that you enjoy reading them.

God has no need of your money, but the poor have. You give it to the poor and God receives it. ~Saint Augustine~

The bread you store up belongs to the hungry; the cloak that lies in your chest belongs to the naked; the gold you have hidden in the ground belongs to the poor. ~St. Basil the Great~

Have a great day my dear friends! May Almighty God love and Brenda
  2. flower lady
    Feb 26, '13 5:54 pm
    flower lady
    Hi everyone.My computer is back on and I am so glad. How cute your story about your son jcaguon and how wonderful to hear from you. It's been a while. Hi roseo64, good to see you are still around. It is snowing like crazy here in the D. (Detroit) Now this is finally more like Michigan weather. I am enjoying the snow and hope we get a foot of that beautiful white stuff. I am excited about it myself. I have been kind of to myself trying to pray and give up a few things for Lent season and will try to get to mass a few more days of the week during this wonderful time. I must admit I have not been saying my rosary as often as I should, I will try and do better. Hope you have a peaceful evening and as the song says let it snow! let it snow! Let it snow. Goodnight all and Brenda
  3. roseo64
    Feb 26, '13 5:31 pm
    roseo64
    what a beautiful story about your son, jcaguon!!
    how old is he now and what does he do...and does he remember imitating the priest.??
  4. jcaguon
    Feb 25, '13 10:12 pm
    jcaguon
    I was just reading your experiences when you took your children to church and they carry on as usual on activities that are apart from the Sunday service or mass. It made me laugh when you expressed your dissatisfaction when your daughter had expressed joy at finishing her masterpiece. It reminds me of the time my son was a toddler and would rearrange all the Sunday Mass booklets on his own for the first half hour of Sunday mass. Then to our chagrin he would drop everything to mimic the priest in raising the Host actually facing the congregation to display the position of his hands holding an invisible host and raising it at the same time as the priest. It embarassed me but he was so innocent in doing it, I couldn't help by beaming a smile under a handerkerchief that I held. My parents told us just tell him not to do it but he continues it might be something spiritual.
  5. roseo64
    Feb 25, '13 5:22 pm
    roseo64
    kuttichan 1---would like to answer your question with my opinion--about...'what is the greatest problem in old age'?
    seems there aren't many responses...hope your still around....and would like to see other opinions as well.
    i'm 66 live in an assisted living facility.....
    which has helped me 'sustain' myself better than all the times i lived alone. never married.
    but what i noticed in this place and all the people that are here or were here. ...and what i consider to be a big problem.......is selfishness.
    and i don't quite understand it myself.....but it is very taxing and stressful.....i've never seen it in society like i have here. evrything is i---me---me--
    myself. whether it's age or illness it really
    knocks me down..........it makes having enjoyable discussions almost nil.
    anybody else???
  6. flower lady
    Feb 19, '13 10:19 am
    flower lady
    Kelly, your stories about your children keep me laughing. What joy they must bring to you and your husband. I'm sure they will find these cute little stories hilarious when you repeat them when they get older. LOL! I'm sure we were all truly sorrowful to hear of the passing of Deacon Bill at EWTN. Let's all not forget to pray for the repose of his soul, and for our dear Holy Father's retiring (Pope Benedict). They have both done a wonderful job indeed in guiding us.I will miss them very much. I sincerely admire Our Holy Father for his humbleness and honesty. Have a great day all! God . Brenda
  7. flower lady
    Feb 18, '13 7:29 am
    flower lady
    Hi all, glad to hear from all of you wonderful people, and welcome all newbies. I have not been well a lot this year or the end of last year. I had been in the hospital at least four times and have to use oxygen at home now from time to time with this copd. My bills have gotten so behind untill my internet has not been on for a few months. I am posting now from my daughters computer. Hope you will forgive me for my time away, but I promise you that you are still in my prayers and that I think about you often. Luv you all, and hope to be back on soon. Don't stop posting guys take over for me until my computers back on. I missed you, Brenda
  8. tammany
    Feb 11, '13 4:09 pm
    tammany
    Today is the feast of our Lady of Lourdes who is very special to me. Whether you have been to Lourdes or only visited in spirit, a new group dedicated to Our Lady of Lourdes has been created to share reflections, experiences, prayers for healing and prayers answered by the intercession of our Lady of Lourdes. I invite you to visit and see if you might like to join. It is called simply "Our Lady of Lourdes".

Thank you and God bless.
  9. Kellyreneeomara
    Feb 10, '13 11:41 am
    Kellyreneeomara
    TRUE STORY UNFORTUNATELY...lol
    Went to church and it got interesting due to children.....Attended my beautiful Episcopal church today with all 3..♥.....This nice lady saw the immediate struggle I was having keeping my children quiet....This wonderful good samaritian saw a chance to help , so she brought crayons/coloring books to me for the children......Bad thing was that the crayons were in plastic baggies......quiet times in the church became not so quiet with all the sound effects those plastic baggies produced at the hands of my children....Then as Father was making his way down the aisle with the choir and the deacon, J.T (4) decides to throw his big green angry bird across the pew in which is followed by the game sound that my son replicates for everyone..praise God service continued as usual....then my daughter that is 8 decided to talk put loud to compliment her newly finish colored masterpiece..then I gave her the evil eye...moms you know the one...the one only we can do in times of distress, where our eye bulges out and becomes non symmetrical with the other one..well she dunked and the nice old lady across from me got a little view of it too...then my son decides to sing out loud after Hosanna In The Highest has been beautifully sang by the choir...then I go up to receive the Holy Communion/Eucharist .....as I am away I hear a scream all the way from the alter....I know that scream, but I am telling myself this is my imagination and my ears are deceiving me.... and doing a little praying and asking God do not make me have to go back to a Catholic Priest for confession for what I may do to that boy when I finally get him to the car...But the boy is untouched,my last nerve has replenished itself nicely and all children are out of harms way from their temporarily disgruntled mother ...needless to say....we had a beautiful and enlightening conversation together on the way home...and moms out there you know that conversation....all is good on the home front and my sanity has replenished itself as well....again, praise God ♥
  10. Kellyreneeomara
    Feb 8, '13 12:21 pm
    Kellyreneeomara
    Well, had an amazing conversation with Father J at my Episcopal church. I have been doing so much contemplating and praying to God lately. I described my feelings within my heart and I was told pretty much I may really have a call for priesthood...but for certain I am perfectly describing what a call from God is...I was going to seek perpetual deacon at first ..but the nudging ins deeper ..so on the 21st I will just have to say, "Father, God is calling me strongly for transitional deacon into priesthood...It is such a journey but for one in which I am prepared and ready....I was riding in the car and I just said God, I am yours...family and you ..that is basically my vocation..I am at your call for whatever needth be ....In two weeks, I meet with Father so he can tell me exactly all that I need to be doing within the parish to be involved .. Feeling blessed, but just still saying to God..I love you and I hope I please you greatly...I hope all are doing well in the group

Hi jcguon..hope all is well with you..prayers uplifting for the group...God bless all !!!