Catholic Answers Forums

Catholic Answers Forums (http://forums.catholic.com/index.php)
-   Spirituality (http://forums.catholic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Devotion to the Precious Blood of Our Lord Jesus Christ (http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=501159)

Giana Oct 6, '10 2:47 pm

Devotion to the Precious Blood of Our Lord Jesus Christ

Has anyone heard of this devotion before? As a Catholic, I have always been devoted to The Precious Blood of Jesus Christ. Only recenly, have I heard about the Rosary to The Precious Blood of Jesus Christ. "This is the Devotion to the Precious Blood of Our Lord Jesus Christ as given by Our Lord and Our Lady and a multitude of angels and saints to a nearly illiterate Nigerian teenage boy, Barnabas Nwoye, in the village of Olo, Enugu State, Nigeria, from 1995 - 2003. Our Lord told young Barnabas this is the greatest devotion He has ever given the Church and the last one He will give in this age. This is the ark that will protect and bring the Holy Catholic Church, the remnant faithful and all those you love and pray for safely through the bitter trials of the coming chastisement and into the promised Era of Peace." I have copied and pasted the above extract from their Web Page.

I would like to know your views on this because I find it confusing that these apparations would have been accepted so soon by the Catholic Church, when the messages of St Faustina took so long! Apparently, the devotional prayers have a Nihil Obstat and an Imprimatur. In other words it is WITHOUT DOCTRINAL ERROR. Cardinal Arinze is supporting this devotion, and Fr. Evaristus Eshiowu, FSSP is currently the spiritual director for the American Association.

My question is, do we continue to recite The Chaplet of The Divine Mercy??? Can anyone tell me whether it's true that the Vatican agrees with this? When I start reciting this new devotion, I begin to get all kinds of doubts. That's why I'm appealing to you. God bless you all!

John Russell Jr Oct 7, '10 2:14 am

Re: Devotion to the Precious Blood of Our Lord Jesus Christ

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giana (Post 7138146)
Has anyone heard of this devotion before? As a Catholic, I have always been devoted to The Precious Blood of Jesus Christ. Only recenly, have I heard about the Rosary to The Precious Blood of Jesus Christ. "This is the Devotion to the Precious Blood of Our Lord Jesus Christ as given by Our Lord and Our Lady and a multitude of angels and saints to a nearly illiterate Nigerian teenage boy, Barnabas Nwoye, in the village of Olo, Enugu State, Nigeria, from 1995 - 2003. Our Lord told young Barnabas this is the greatest devotion He has ever given the Church and the last one He will give in this age. This is the ark that will protect and bring the Holy Catholic Church, the remnant faithful and all those you love and pray for safely through the bitter trials of the coming chastisement and into the promised Era of Peace." I have copied and pasted the above extract from their Web Page.

I would like to know your views on this because I find it confusing that these apparations would have been accepted so soon by the Catholic Church, when the messages of St Faustina took so long! Apparently, the devotional prayers have a Nihil Obstat and an Imprimatur. In other words it is WITHOUT DOCTRINAL ERROR. Cardinal Arinze is supporting this devotion, and Fr. Evaristus Eshiowu, FSSP is currently the spiritual director for the American Association.

My question is, do we continue to recite The Chaplet of The Divine Mercy??? Can anyone tell me whether it's true that the Vatican agrees with this? When I start reciting this new devotion, I begin to get all kinds of doubts. That's why I'm appealing to you. God bless you all!

... don't know of it dear friend ,,, why don't you post this q on - ask an apologist , for an answer ...

... god bless you :thumbsup::) ...

... john ...

God sent Oct 7, '10 6:38 pm

I"ve recently this year added this beautiful prayer to my arsenal, I pray it behind each Rosary, I was guided through circumstance to this pray and have expounded and venerated it 100%, now you may ask, where does the Church stand on private revelation, given Barnabas falls in this catagory, it attest that all revelations baring good fruit will essentially go through a rigorious trial within the Church until officially approved & venerated by the Bride of Christ, until then if the Church has not blockcaded the devotion, it simply keeps a watchful eye on its growth. Medjugorje in point...pray the prayer, I assure you, you will experience the grace of it's fruits, I had to adjust some words in the chaplet I pray daily, due to the translation, but God is pleased with what is prayed from ones heart...prayers sent+++:signofcross:

Giana Oct 21, '10 5:53 am

Myangelmarc, I have found your information and replies of great value as I too have asked one of the apologists in this web site for his views on this matter. As yet, I have not received any reply.

I have recently come across this devotion through a South American missionary and I must say that I found it very inspiring. However, I am going to try and translate an excerpt of this book which, apparently, was printed in Costa Rica. It refers to one of Jesus' 'Anguished Appeals':

"My agony is great when I see many of My Priests allowing unconsecrated hands to give My Holy Body and Blood..... My agony is great when I see people receiving Holy Communion on the hand...."

If the above excerpt is true, how is it that our Holy Mother Church allows the Ministers of the Eucharist (laity) to distribute the Holy Eucharist. It is confusing and can confuse others.

God bless you!:signofcross:

Giana Oct 21, '10 7:40 am

Thank you for your replies to my question!

I've just noticed I have replied to Myangelmarc! I have already posted that reply to him on a previous question on this Devotion. Actually, I meant to address this reply to God sent.

God sent, I have only recently come across this Devotion through a South American missionary friend of mine and I must say that I found it very inspiring. However, I am going to try and translate an excerpt of this book which, apparently, was printed in Costa Rica containing the Nihil Obstat of the Archbishop of Nigeria. It refers to one of Jesus' 'Anguished Appeals':

"My agony is great when I see many of My Priests allowing unconsecrated hands to distribute My Holy Body and Blood..... My agony is great when I see people receiving Holy Communion on the hand...."

If the above excerpt is accurate, how is it that our Holy Mother Church allows the Ministers of the Eucharist (laity) to distribute the Holy Eucharist? It is confusing and can confuse others. God bless you!

At Trent Oct 21, '10 7:46 am

It is a wonderful devotion

Devotion to the Drops of Blood
Lost by our Lord Jesus Christ
on His Way to Calvary

St. Elizabeth, Queen of Hungary, with St. Matilda and St. Bridget, wishing to know something of the Passion of Jesus Christ, offered fervent and special prayers, upon which Our Lord revealed to them:

To all the faithful who shall recite for 3 years, each day, 2 "Our Fathers", 2 "Hail Marys" and 2 "Glory Be's", in honor of the drops of Blood I lost, I will concede the following 5 graces:

1st The plenary indulgence and remittance of your sins.

2nd You will be free from the pains of Purgatory.

3rd If you should die before completing the said 3 years, for you it will be the same as if you had completed them.

4th It will be upon your death the same as if you had shed all your blood for the Holy Faith.

5th I will descend from Heaven to take your soul and that of your relatives, until the fourth generation.

Blessed by His Holiness Pope Leo XIII in Rome, April 5, 1890.

Please keep this prayer card with others that you say daily to remind you to recite these prayers. Please record the date you started:
____/____/____
Mo Day Year

The thought of saving souls should always be on our mind. St. John Bosco stated it well: "There is nothing more holy in this world than to work for the good of souls, for whose salvation Jesus Christ poured out the last drops of His blood." St. Vincent de Paul tells us that: "The Salvation of men and our own are so great a good that they merit to be obtained at any price."

Sad to say, the great majority of Catholics put forth little or no effort in promoting the greater honor and glory of God and the salvation of souls. Let us keep in mind that if we manage to save one soul, we also ensure the salvation of our own. The Holy Ghost reveals this to us in the Holy Bible. (St. James 5:19,20)

God sent Oct 22, '10 10:39 am

With regards to your recent reply, I have to research the book I have, but presently I stand 100% on what I have already spoken, to clarify myself I have prayed the anguished prayers and do not recall within those what you have spoke on, no matter God is good and I myself pray the chaplet daily and, the prayer on page 51 for aborted children, beyond those two prayers I have merely skimed the surface. I am aware within my spiritual discernment that other prayers are also very pleasing to God, within my soul, but within the many parts, all the fuctions are not the same, yet we are one...therefore I send my prayers out to your endeavor to promote the prayers God leads you to....I feel prehaps something is being stated wrong......in interputation...no matter...I will return after more prayer and invstigate the matter fully and thus reply at least once more.:juggle:....:signofcross:

Giana Oct 22, '10 4:20 pm

At Trent, thank you so much for sharing this beautiful devotion! I have never seen it before.
God bless you! :signofcross:

God Sent, thank you for your reply, and for your interest in wanting to discern. One has to be very careful. That's why we are so lucky to have such a Mother as Our Mother Church who leads her children through the right path. Whatever she decides, we can never go wrong. God bless you!:signofcross:

God sent Oct 25, '10 7:31 am

I have basically and briefly looked over my book on the Precious Blood and within the seven anguished prayers, I found nothing of what you spoke?, perhaps a page #, as I have the book from Queenship press, so perhaps your source is something different? I will continue to bare the fruit of these prayers, as I recall His Cross each morning before His tabernacle, for great are the gifts of HisGrace.:angel1:

scarlettNV Oct 25, '10 7:12 pm

Oh my goodness! My aunt gave me a copy of the 'Devotion To The Most Precious Blood Of Our Lord Jesus Christ' a few days ago! It is the red paperback with the spiral binding. I am very excited about this devotion! I have been praying the chaplet every day!

SunnaB16 Oct 26, '10 1:37 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by At Trent (Post 7185986)
It is a wonderful devotion.....

Blessed by His Holiness Pope Leo XIII in Rome, April 5, 1890.

Looks like you`re describing a different, earlier devotion to The Precious Blood.
i know someone who`s involved in the Barnabas one; and some of it seems ODD! That`s putting it mildly.

God sent Oct 26, '10 7:41 am

Amen....:aok:....:tiphat:.....:signofcro ss:

Giana Oct 26, '10 9:56 am

Thank you all for your comments! God bless you.

yaHalyna Nov 19, '10 7:30 am

I have started this Precious Blood devotion several months ago (the Barnabas/Nigeria one). And I have some questions on how to do it ALL correctly.
I have no problem with the set of daily prayers. That plus my own take me about 2 hrs.
I have difficulty with the Gethsame Hours since I do work for a living....
waking up at midnight to do 1-4 hours of prayer
And also the 3rd Fridays because I work full time....
When broken up these prayers take all day long
I want to be sure I am doing this exactly the way Jesus had instructed, and though I do put God first, I still have responsibilities.
When I miss something or cut some prayers short, I feel guilty and I feel (not knowing how else to word this...) wasting time if I'm not doing it right.
And I've got to figure this all out before the Great Month of July!
It is stated in the book to find someone who is knowledgeable in this devotion for counceling, but when I emailed the 'devotion people' I got no response.
Can anyone advise me?

rowsofvoices9 Nov 22, '10 2:09 am

Before anyone gets too excited or involved with this devotion please read the links I'm posting. There are a number of problems will the alleged messages supposedly being given by our Lord and the Blessed Virgin. The most glaring being the claim that the Antichrist is already in the world. The "gift of the seal" is problematical as well. As everyone knows from reading scripture, during the last tribulation under the Antichrist, God will send out his angel to seal His elect. However, according to this apparition, one must perform a set of devotions and then participate in a ceremony in which you will be sealed by your priest. These are only a couple of serious problems with this seer and these supposed revelations from heaven. In one of the articles I'm posting the author strongly recommends that your read Desmond Birches' "Trial, Tribulation and Triumph" to get a proper understanding of authentic Catholic prophecy. I couldn't agree more. I have read the book myself and it sure cleared up a lot of misunderstanding I had. You will learn that its not possible that the Antichrist is alive and roaming about the world today. I bring this to everyone's attention because I sincerely desire that no one be deceived.

http://www.catholicplanet.com/apparitions/false33.htm
Claims of Private Revelation: True or False?
An Evaluation of the messages to Barnabas Nwoye:

http://whoislikeuntogod.com/category...arnabas-nwoye/

http://whoislikeuntogod.com/category...arnabas-nwoye/

http://www.myetherworld.com/False_Apparitions.html
THE CASE OF BARNABAS NWOYE