Catholic Answers Forums

Catholic Answers Forums (http://forums.catholic.com/index.php)
-   Bug Reports (http://forums.catholic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Page format again (http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=592920)

Elizabeth502 Aug 25, '11 6:31 pm

Page format again

I've come to ignore it when the format is really skewed, because usually it resolves itself soon. This time, no. The main page is all lopsided -- super-wide in parts, and has persisted this way. Usually that means that one person has decided to make a super-wide signature (thank you) or that someone has created an absurdly long thread title. Any ideas, folks?
Thanks.

Catholic90 Aug 25, '11 8:16 pm

Re: Page format again

It was the thread title with periods in place of spaces. Very annoying.

Elizabeth502 Aug 25, '11 8:43 pm

Thanks, 'Catholic.' Why would anybody do that? I don't understand, I guess. Why deliberately be annoying (if so)?
:shrug:

Anathama Sit Aug 25, '11 9:21 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catholic90 (Post 8291800)
It was the thread title with periods in place of spaces. Very annoying.

Greetings to the OP and Catholic90,

I had that problem with the CAF being lopsided as well. I am glad to see that it went back to being normal.

Perhaps the OP of that thread does not know any better, has anyone sent a PM to the poster?

God bless.
Anathama Sit

Elizabeth502 Aug 26, '11 12:00 am

You know, I almost did. I finally located the thread, but I was busy with other conversations. (That's my excuse, anyway. :blush:) I'm sure the OP would appreciate the information, since the posts are the same punctuation style as the thread title.

Anathama Sit Aug 26, '11 10:38 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth502 (Post 8292407)
You know, I almost did. I finally located the thread, but I was busy with other conversations. (That's my excuse, anyway. :blush:) I'm sure the OP would appreciate the information, since the posts are the same punctuation style as the thread title.

Greetings Elizabeth502,

Perhpas instead sending a PM to him, perhaps notifying a Moderator would be best in this situation. I do not feel as if my opinion counts for anything because I am such a new member and all, but perhaps if a Moderator was notified, they could handle it with discretion and prevent this problem from occuring here in the forums.

God bless.
Anathama Sit

Miriam1947 Aug 26, '11 11:22 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anathama Sit (Post 8294043)
Greetings Elizabeth502,

Perhpas instead sending a PM to him, perhaps notifying a Moderator would be best in this situation. I do not feel as if my opinion counts for anything because I am such a new member and all, but perhaps if a Moderator was notified, they could handle it with discretion and prevent this problem from occuring here in the forums.

God bless.
Anathama Sit

I was on that thread. The OP had no working space bar so used periods to separate words.

A poster there had a great idea. Control v an existing space in any random sentence and then Control c to paste at the end of each word in the OP's own posts.

like this and this. Works great:D

Anathama Sit Aug 26, '11 12:50 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miriam1947 (Post 8294194)
I was on that thread. The OP had no working space bar so used periods to separate words.

A poster there had a great idea. Control v an existing space in any random sentence and then Control c to paste at the end of each word in the OP's own posts.

Greetings MIriam1947,

That is good to know. IT seems to be quite a lot of work just to read the posts by this poster. I tried that, and I could not get it to work. Do you mind telling me what to do step by step, because I am not good with the control letters.

God bless.
Anathama Sit

Catholic90 Aug 26, '11 1:29 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anathama Sit (Post 8294504)
Greetings MIriam1947,

That is good to know. IT seems to be quite a lot of work just to read the posts by this poster. I tried that, and I could not get it to work. Do you mind telling me what to do step by step, because I am not good with the control letters.

God bless.
Anathama Sit

You copy an existing space (you can do this by selecting a space and then pressing Control C for copy), then you can paste that space wherever you need it using paste (which is control V for paste).

SonCatcher Aug 26, '11 1:49 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miriam1947 (Post 8294194)

That's backwards, I'm afraid.

Ctrl-C will copy the highlighted space

Ctrl-V will paste it.

Some computers have "on screen keyboards" which may help out, too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anathama Sit (Post 8294504)
Greetings MIriam1947,

God bless.
Anathama Sit

Only a moderator can edit someone else's posts.

Anathama Sit Aug 26, '11 2:27 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catholic90 (Post 8294665)
You copy an existing space (you can do this by selecting a space and then pressing Control C for copy), then you can paste that space wherever you need it using paste (which is control V for paste).

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonCatcher (Post 8294744)

Ctrl-V will paste it.

Greetings SonCatcher and Catholic90,

Thank you for that information. I appreciate it.

God bless.
Anathama Sit

Miriam1947 Aug 26, '11 6:43 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonCatcher (Post 8294744)

Ctrl-V will paste it.

Yes, you are right. That is a moderator job.

But, there are occasions when someone will post and they forget that paragraphs are our friends. This is almost impossible for me to read.

So I hit the quote button and then start with the return button so I get some resemblance to paragraphs. Sometimes I post that and make it clear that paragraphs are our friends and other times I just want to be able to read it for myself. (Yes, I know I am selfish, I'm working on it)