Catholic Answers Forums

Catholic Answers Forums (http://forums.catholic.com/index.php)
-   Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans (http://forums.catholic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=191)
-   -   Feeling "cleaner" being veg (http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=650073)

heartaflame Feb 28, '12 7:03 am

Feeling "cleaner" being veg
 
I think about it often, kind of in amazement that I feel cleaner being a vegan. Not in an arrogant, cocky way, but I have such a sense of peace that no animals had to suffer or die because of my food choices. I also feel like my "insides" are cleaner too. It's a happy feeling.

Please remember me in prayer as I attempt to do a "whole foods" way of eating during Lent. I have a food addiction to processed foods and I need prayer to overcome it. Thank you so much!:heart::heart:

4elise Feb 29, '12 6:00 am

Re: Feeling "cleaner" being veg
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by heartaflame (Post 9014356)
I think about it often, kind of in amazement that I feel cleaner being a vegan. Not in an arrogant, cocky way, but I have such a sense of peace that no animals had to suffer or die because of my food choices. I also feel like my "insides" are cleaner too. It's a happy feeling.

Please remember me in prayer as I attempt to do a "whole foods" way of eating during Lent. I have a food addiction to processed foods and I need prayer to overcome it. Thank you so much!:heart::heart:

I could not agree more - it is a very peaceful feeling!
Be assured of our prayers!

creationlover Apr 9, '12 7:40 pm

Re: Feeling "cleaner" being veg
 
I pray all went well during Lent - and for afterwards, if you choose to continue.:)

BethanyBloom Dec 3, '12 12:53 pm

Re: Feeling "cleaner" being veg
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by heartaflame (Post 9014356)
I think about it often, kind of in amazement that I feel cleaner being a vegan. Not in an arrogant, cocky way, but I have such a sense of peace that no animals had to suffer or die because of my food choices. I also feel like my "insides" are cleaner too. It's a happy feeling.:

Ohhh yesss ;):):thumbsup::cool: I feel so good knowing that I don't have any animals inside me; You really do feel clean and healthier. And I love the thought that just because I don't eat animals I have a WAY less chance of developing heart disease :)

creationlover Dec 26, '12 8:59 pm

Re: Feeling "cleaner" being veg
 
Yes, feeling good... in sync with God and His creation... for me, my mode of operation... Peace!:thumbsup:

4elise Jan 2, '13 7:11 pm

Re: Feeling "cleaner" being veg
 
Amen!

Quote:

Originally Posted by creationlover (Post 10174989)
Yes, feeling good... in sync with God and His creation... for me, my mode of operation... Peace!:thumbsup:


mozzarella Jan 10, '13 12:00 pm

Re: Feeling "cleaner" being veg
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by heartaflame (Post 9014356)
I think about it often, kind of in amazement that I feel cleaner being a vegan. Not in an arrogant, cocky way, but I have such a sense of peace that no animals had to suffer or die because of my food choices. I also feel like my "insides" are cleaner too. It's a happy feeling.

Please remember me in prayer as I attempt to do a "whole foods" way of eating during Lent. I have a food addiction to processed foods and I need prayer to overcome it. Thank you so much!:heart::heart:

I absolutely know what you mean! I definitely feel a certain 'heaviness' if I eat meat. Not in that self-righteous way, but meat actually makes me feel very sluggish and slow.

That plus the feeling of peace it gives me -- it's a win-win.

creationlover Jan 18, '13 3:56 pm

Re: Feeling "cleaner" being veg
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mozzarella (Post 10228798)
I absolutely know what you mean! I definitely feel a certain 'heaviness' if I eat meat. Not in that self-righteous way, but meat actually makes me feel very sluggish and slow.

That plus the feeling of peace it gives me -- it's a win-win.

There is an internal feeling or sense of wholeness I experience. feeling clean while knowing I have made choices that honor God by caring for what he has made.

ARL337 Feb 18, '13 1:13 pm

Re: Feeling "cleaner" being veg
 
Wow this original post is from 1 year ago. Just wanted to comment that I too feel "cleaner" since eating a vegan diet. How did your whole foods go for Lent last year? Are you doing it for Lent again this year?

creationlover Feb 18, '13 9:41 pm

Re: Feeling "cleaner" being veg
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ARL337 (Post 10374723)
Wow this original post is from 1 year ago. Just wanted to comment that I too feel "cleaner" since eating a vegan diet. How did your whole foods go for Lent last year? Are you doing it for Lent again this year?

Yes, I am. I am focusing upon simplicity - I can eat a lot of ritzy yet healthy vegan foods. My focus is to be simple yet healthy this Lent. Low fat, lots of veggies, simple foods. It is good to hear from you!

ARL337 Feb 19, '13 5:41 am

Re: Feeling "cleaner" being veg
 
That's great. Simple is good.

4elise Apr 28, '13 7:06 am

Re: Feeling "cleaner" being veg
 
A very dear friend of mine recently made the switch to vegan and they used this EXACT expression 'feeling cleaner' ---- I think we all know and understand what this means --- I've invited her to join us here ... so if you are here already my friend -- SAY HELLO! :hug3:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 5:05 am.


Copyright © 2004-2014, Catholic Answers.