Catholic Answers Forums

Catholic Answers Forums (http://forums.catholic.com/index.php)
-   Prayer Intentions (http://forums.catholic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Prayers for the Victims and Survivors of the Century 16 Movie Theater Shooting Massacre Tragedy in Aurora, Colorado (http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=695998)

dancer7777 Jul 21, '12 1:34 pm

Prayers for the Victims and Survivors of the Century 16 Movie Theater Shooting Massacre Tragedy in Aurora, Colorado

Hello Everyone.

I would like to pray for the twelve victims that were killed as well as the 59 injured people in the Aurora, Colo. shooting massacre tragedy that occurred at the Century 16 movie theater to see the the movie "The Dark Night Rises" on Friday, July 20, 2012, 12AM Mountain Time. I would like to pray that the survivors and the family and friends of the victims receive healing, comfort, and hope. I pray through the intercession of Archangel St. Raphael that they have healing, comfort, hope, and peace. I pray through the intercession Archangel St. Michael that they all are protected and surrounded by white light. This is a difficult time for the residents in Aurora, Colo., and in the United States. I pray that they are able to heal from this tragedy. I would also liked to pray for the soul and spirit of the twelve victims who were gunned down in this horrific tragedy. I think that we all take this time to remember those who were perished in this tragedy and the dreams, achievements, goals, accomplishments, and hopes that they had in their lives during their limited time with us on Earth. I hope that we can all prevent tragedies like this one and others that have occurred during this past year from happening again. My heart, prayers, and condolences goes out to the victims friends, loveones and family and to the survivors themselves, their friends, family members, and loveones.

On, Sunday, July 22, 2012, there will be a healing service at the church I attend, I decided that the healing service will be for the victims, their friends and family, and survivors of this tragedy. We all should come together and care and love one another. Know how precious life is. Please take some time over the next few days to pray for thoses in this tragedy as well as to spend time with your family and friends Tell them that you care about them and love them very much. Thank you.

jcaguon Jul 21, '12 4:03 pm

Re: Prayers for the Victims and Survivors of the Century 16 Movie Theater Shooting Massacre Tragedy in Aurora, Colorado

We pray for the souls who were cut down innocently and without warning in a theater reserved for relaxing from the day's worries, we ask Jesus to bless their souls and heal the bodies of the injured so that they may glorify Jesus. We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord.
jcaguon

LegoGE1947 Jul 21, '12 5:00 pm

Re: Prayers for the Victims and Survivors of the Century 16 Movie Theater Shooting Massacre Tragedy in Aurora, Colorado

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcaguon (Post 9552059)
We pray for the souls who were cut down innocently and without warning in a theater reserved for relaxing from the day's worries, we ask Jesus to bless their souls and heal the bodies of the injured so that they may glorify Jesus. We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord.
jcaguon

We also pray for the one who did this horrible thing, who obviously has a troubled mind and soul that would drive him to do this to his fellow human beings. May God have mercy on his soul.

tuscany Jul 21, '12 7:24 pm

Holy Mother, please intercede for us.
Aid the helpless, strengthen the fearful,
hold the sorrowful, help those sick, in pain or suffering,
comfort those needing peace, hug the lonely,
guide us from evil, guard the unborn,
protect those in danger, pray for those who have died;
may all who keep your sacred commemoration
experience the might of your assistance.
Amen.

adrift Jul 21, '12 9:16 pm

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be
done, on earth as it is in heaven Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our
trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil. Amen

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee
blessed art thou among women and
blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary mother of God pray for us
sinners now and at the hour of our death
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning is now ever shall be world without end Amen

jesu1983 Jul 21, '12 9:32 pm

LORD Jesus
Have Mercy and Heal ur Children.

Trishie Jul 22, '12 8:22 am

Our God look upon all the families affected by this awful tragedy, and help them through this shocking and heartbreaking time. Nurture them through the rest of their lives.
Please have mercy on the souls of the dead, and aid the injured in their recovery from the physical and psychological trauma

Terry Washingto Jul 22, '12 8:32 am

Through the intercession of (if not your personal patron saints ), then the following: Venerable Pierre Toussaint, Venerable Matt Talbot, Blessed Mother Marianne of Molokai, the 108 beatified Polish Martyrs of WWII, Blessed John Paul II, Blessed Francis Xavier Seelos, the Blessed Martyrs of Nowogrodek, please pray for all the men, women and children killed in the Denver "Dark Knight" massacre!

Yours In Christ

Terry

244Rocket Jul 22, '12 9:40 am

Praying hard.

ready Jul 22, '12 12:34 pm

Lord, please have mercy on the souls of the victims who lives were taken in the Colorado shooting, and please heal the hearts of those who were injured or effected.

Hail Mary...

Amen.

tuscany Jul 22, '12 8:42 pm

Amen.

LegoGE1947 Jul 23, '12 4:06 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by tuscany (Post 9556385)
Amen.

What I don't understand is that in the opinion of many people, this was a horrific act but the routine killing of thousands of pre-born babies every day is NOT! (I'm not dismissing the horrible-ness of this thing I'm just sayin'):confused:

tuscany Jul 23, '12 11:04 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by LegoGE1947 (Post 9557259)
What I don't understand is that in the opinion of many people, this was a horrific act but the routine killing of thousands of pre-born babies every day is NOT! (I'm not dismissing the horrible-ness of this thing I'm just sayin'):confused:

I am just as flabbergasted as you are, and don't understand the "logic" of it either.......
The pure horror and gore of piles and pieces of torn up
babies can't be easier to see than the torn up bodies in the theater,
but one is fine, the other a horror. :shrug:
( they ALL need prayers ).

Aid those needing help, strengthen the fearful,
soften the bitter, assist those who need to heal,
Amen.

Kenny Kamel Jul 23, '12 12:27 pm

I do believe our Prayers have been answered for the sake of this family:

Quote:

Woman who escaped theater shooting giving birth
Associated Press
Posted on July 23, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Updated today at 12:02 PM

CENTENNIAL, Colo. (AP) A pregnant woman who escaped the Colorado theater attack uninjured is delivering her baby as her wounded husband lies in a hospital in critical condition.

The father of 21-year-old Katie Medley said she was giving birth Monday.

The father, David Sanchez, said her daughter's husband, 23-year-old Caleb Medley, was shot in the head.

It wasn't immediately clear if the husband and wife were in the same hospital.

While his daughter was in labor, the angry Sanchez waited outside the courthouse where shooting suspect James Holmes made his first court appearance. He said his daughter escaped death by mere seconds.

Sanchez said his daughter and son-in-law have been waiting for a year to watch the premiere of the Batman movie.

Source: http://www.nwcn.com/news/national/163441366.html

tuscany Jul 24, '12 11:00 am

Aid those needing help, strengthen the fearful,
soften the bitter, assist those who need to heal,
Amen.