Catholic Answers Forums

Catholic Answers Forums (http://forums.catholic.com/index.php)
-   Back Fence (http://forums.catholic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   'Call now for your free psalms 91 oil' (http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=766772)

Maria1993 Mar 20, '13 1:31 am

'Call now for your free psalms 91 oil'

I am currently watching an ad from 'Pastor Danny Davis' claiming he is being told what problems people are having and to get this 'psalm 91 oil' the caption on the screen says 'be one of the first to call to receive your miracle' it also says 'No evil oil'

Now he is claiming that God spoke to him. And that a lady is in need of money and to call now to get your '333 dollar dollar seed'

This just makes me..... :crying: :bigyikes: :tsktsk::tsktsk::banghead: :banghead::banghead::banghead:

DexUK Mar 20, '13 4:47 am

Re: 'Call now for your free psalms 91 oil'

I went and searched out the website... I can't work out whether it's a spoof or not (I didn't hang around on the website for long!)

In any case, it strikes me that it does no good for us to watch such things where we cannot do anything to stop them. We simply subject ourselves to unnecessary frustration.

Change the channel and watch EWTN. It'll be more edifying and uplifting.

patrick457 Mar 20, '13 4:52 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maria1993 (Post 10509948)
I am currently watching an ad from 'Pastor Danny Davis' claiming he is being told what problems people are having and to get this 'psalm 91 oil' the caption on the screen says 'be one of the first to call to receive your miracle' it also says 'No evil oil'

Now he is claiming that God spoke to him. And that a lady is in need of money and to call now to get your '333 dollar dollar seed'

You know, some anti-Catholics revile us for being superstitious, but this to me reeks of superstition more than anything Catholicism has to offer. :shrug: :D

Crescentinus Mar 20, '13 5:02 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrick457 (Post 10510141)
You know, some anti-Catholics revile us for being superstitious, but this to me reeks of superstition more than anything Catholicism has to offer. :shrug: :D

The anti-Catholics generally never look at anyone other than the Catholics. Methinks that they are obsessed.

agnes therese Mar 20, '13 6:23 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DexUK (Post 10510137)
I went and searched out the website... I can't work out whether it's a spoof or not (I didn't hang around on the website for long!)

Years ago I came across one of these guys (different one) on TV. I watched for over half an hour before realizing that he was serious -- I was waiting for the punch line!

Maria1993 Mar 20, '13 1:44 pm

Right!?! I was like WAT R U DOING

I was watching ewtn...and I ended up there, lulz

Bill Martin Mar 20, '13 10:32 pm

Is it better than Mobil 1 0w-50?