View Single Post
Old Jul 29, '07, 2:08 pm

Religion: Protestant
Default Re: Theological Dissent

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtienneGilson View Post

The Tridentine liturgy, as an expression of the theology of the Church, has failed to accurately reflect many of the core principles of Catholicism, especially since the Second Vatican Council's renewal.

It all sounds to me like an intellectual approach to Protestantism. Every Catholic who is old enough to know better, knows in his heart of hearts, that Latin is our sacred language and that English was the language of Henry the Eight. It seems to me that these so called intellectuals have everything mixed together and are wolfs dressed in sheep clothing. But of course, that is only my opinion.

When ever I read something that is not part of the traditional Catholic Church I canít help but to think of (Galatians 1:8-9) ďBut though we, or an angle from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. Then the apostle Paul repeats it a second time, ďAs we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.Ē

With those two verses in mind, Iím pretty sure that the present Pope of the Catholic Church is theologically correct, and is preaching the original gospel that Paul preached to the Galatians.

Richard