Aug 1, '07, 10:46 am
Join Date: August 27, 2005
Religion: Roman Catholic
Re: In a perfect world...
Originally Posted by PatienceAndLove
So... in a perfect world...
- The Mass would be a Latin NO (or a TLM) with the readings/Gospel/homily in the vernacular.
- Ladies would be free to veil without oppostion, but those who did not would not be chastized
- People would dress appropriately to worship and glorify God
- Music would be liturgically correct, preferably in Chant
- Altar rails would be reintroduced
- Altars boys would be properly trained and utilized
- Girls would be introduced to the altar society and taught the important role of beautifying the altar and Church
- Confessions would be offered before every Mass, along with regularly scheduled "sessions"
- The Baltimore Catechism would be the basis of all children's Catechism Classes, and the adult version used in RCIA
- Social issues (ABC, abortion, divorce) would be taight upon at the pulpit
- All dissenting bishops/priests/groups would be soundly disciplined
- Society of Pius X (can't recall the correct name...) would be in full communion with the Church
- In the case of "shortages" FSSP (or other such groups, perhaps Society of Pius X) would be brought in the shepherd the flock until appropriate ministers could be found
That does sound pretty close to perfect!
When you are before the altar believe that there are troops of angels and archangels trembling with respect before the sovereign Master of Heaven and earth. Therefore, when you are in church, be there in silence, fear, and veneration.
- Saint John Chrysostom
Salve Regina Blog