View Single Post
Old Jun 22, '08, 2:16 pm
Inactive Member

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Servant Song by Ziggy Stardust???

Hello, I just discovered this blogging site. I wrote "Servant Song"
that is published in OCP (Oregon Catholic Press). It is NOT in the Gather Hymnal. I wrote it in the early 80's and was part of an original record album I created in 1982 for my Servant Of Mary community which was then celebrating 750 year anniversary. The song 'Servant Song' from the album was then published in '84 on the OCP Album JESUS LORD. I still prefer my over version of it that can still be found on my cd LET IT BE DONE which can be purchased from our Motherhouse book store (www.osms.org).

I'm very moved that God took the weaknesses and problems that brought me to pray Servant Song into being, to enable others over the years to pray and ask the same universal question in the depths of their heart prayer. It speaks volumes to me that God continues to remind us that it is 'in our weakness that we find our strengths.' May each of you find the same in your own lives so that you may give witness to God with your seemingly low points and failures in life that enable us to survive and be the best we can be even with and because our lowliness before an every gracious and loving God. God's goodness and great love be there for each of you. Your sister servant, Donna Marie McGargill, OSM
Coordinator of Liturgy, Creighton University/St. John's Omaha NE.

Last edited by Jean Anthony; Jun 22, '08 at 3:13 pm. Reason: link correction