View Single Post
Old Feb 6, '12, 10:07 pm
Banned

Religion: Catholic Christian
Lightbulb Re: Afraid of being rejected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InGodWeTrust25 View Post
I received the calling to become a nun a little over four years ago. The thing is, I got into a bad car accident and recieved a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI). Not many people know what that is. If you look it up, it's scary. I am a highly functional TBI person. I don't need any extra medical attention besides annual check ups. The only thing really wrong is that I can be slow to understand but I can learn new things and once I catch on, I'm fine.

In the future I would like to join a cloistered community. I'm worried if I disclose my injury, they'll check in with their medical personal and they'll deny me. If I don't disclose and they find out later, that will probably cause problems. You can see my dilemma.

-Forgiveness, Service & Love-
The best thing to do is be honest and straight forward about who you truly are and your condition. Jesus told the 70 followers that were to go from town to town proclaiming the Good News that if a town welcomes as you are that is fine, if they reject you becuase of the Good News then shake the dust off your feet.
I'm sure there is some ministry you can find that will accept you just as you are, just keep looking. Good Luck and God Bless.