Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Answers--Today > Radio (Catholic Answers Live)

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Dec 24, '12, 9:12 am

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: What really scared me from show with pro-choice callers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManicFaze View Post
Agree to disagree.
What about all those children in orphanages who are waiting to be loved and care for? Are you willing to stand up and take all the born unwanted children in to your home? If every good Catholic who is so anti-abortion and ant-birth control did that maybe I would be able to change my point of view on this subject but until that day comes allow me right to choose.

But I do have to ask if you believe in the death penalty for people who commit capital murder and are sentenced to death by the courts?
But I have to ask.....All those children you refer to in orphanages.. just exactly where are they? Most people today have to go out of the country to find a baby to adopt. They spend thousands of dollars in Romania, Russia or China to even find a baby. Your argument just isn'l logical. children in foster care are usually there because their parents are strung out of drugs or in prison for other crimes against humanity. If you can document lots of babies in orphanages I will faint! The truth is: women need to stop and think before they lie down with a casual acquaintance and perform an act of fornication leading to procreation. that is their right to choose what to do with their own body.
Old Dec 24, '12, 10:02 am
Banned

If one wants to probe Catholic thinking concerning the death penalty, I suggest one go to New Advent or Start a Thread. This thread title is concerning Pro - Choice callers.

No Hijacking regards.... Nim.
Old Dec 24, '12, 6:26 pm

Abortion is the greatest tragedy of modern times, alongside the new media.
Old Dec 24, '12, 8:01 pm
Banned

Yes. 'Pravda' is alive and well and living in America.
Old Dec 25, '12, 7:48 am

Religion: proud to be a Catholic

Quote:
I know Iím not the only woman raised Catholic who feels that itís the womanís right to choose, but one of the few who proudly says pro-choice is a right no court or religion has the right to take from me or any other woman.

The separation of church and state has lost its meaning when it comes to abortion and the right for all to marry no matter if itís a man & woman or a woman & woman. Heterosexuals have not done much to keep sanctity of marriage true and pure. It annoys me so much when people twist the words of the bible to fit their own agenda.

This country was founded for the sole purpose of religious freedom so one would no longer be forced to live by the words of a religion they did not agree with yet; here we are over 200 years later trying to force people to live their lives by the words of the bible.
ManicFaze;10164361 . I totally agree with you! women have a right to choose! just like us men do! what does that mean? secular men and women have the right to choose when where and with whom to engage in sex... isn't that enough?? abortion shouldn't be a right... It's ironical how you say that abortion is a woman's right... Did you know about all the babies who are aborted in China or India just because they are female? Furtheremore, please forgive me for saying this, but i fail to understand how can a catholic be ok with abortion.
Old Dec 25, '12, 10:43 am

Religion: Catholic and Proud of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by howareyou1 View Post
please forgive me for saying this, but i fail to understand how can a catholic be ok with abortion.
There are several "catholic" politicians that support unrestricted abortion, including the vice president. Its the result of poor Catechesis and no respect for the human person as a whole.

I have to wonder how many of those callers (I did not listen to the show, I'd probably get very upset) took biology in high school or have seen a 3D ultrasound. Guessing not many - usually the ones that debate on like pro life pages keep shouting its HER BODY! Its not HER body that's ripped to pieces, though.

"More souls go to hell because of sins of the flesh than for any other reason."
- Our Lady of Fatima

Who will speak for those who have no voice?

Life.....what a beautiful choice!
Old Dec 25, '12, 5:59 pm

Default pro-aborts

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenced View Post
You do realize that Downs people are the same species as you are, right? To delineate them as a separate and possibly inferior species is truly offensive.
Ah, but that's what pro-aborts do. They deny the humanity of the unborn child and thus they consider them to be a separate species and DEFINITELY inferior species.
Old Dec 25, '12, 6:49 pm
Trial Membership

Religion: catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used2beSherryG View Post
But I have to ask.....All those children you refer to in orphanages.. just exactly where are they? Most people today have to go out of the country to find a baby to adopt. They spend thousands of dollars in Romania, Russia or China to even find a baby. Your argument just isn'l logical. children in foster care are usually there because their parents are strung out of drugs or in prison for other crimes against humanity. If you can document lots of babies in orphanages I will faint! The truth is: women need to stop and think before they lie down with a casual acquaintance and perform an act of fornication leading to procreation. that is their right to choose what to do with their own body.
Good point. Very few children available in this country to be adopted. My sister adopted two kids from Hungary and had to spend 6 weeks there alone with them before it was finalized. I love when people say oh are you prepared to raise these children of women who want abortions. Its just another stupid argument by pro abortion people.
Old Dec 25, '12, 6:56 pm
Trial Membership

Religion: catholic

Quote:
I know Iím not the only woman raised Catholic who feels that itís the womanís right to choose, but one of the few who proudly says pro-choice is a right no court or religion has the right to take from me or any other woman.

The separation of church and state has lost its meaning when it comes to abortion and the right for all to marry no matter if itís a man & woman or a woman & woman. Heterosexuals have not done much to keep sanctity of marriage true and pure. It annoys me so much when people twist the words of the bible to fit their own agenda.

This country was founded for the sole purpose of religious freedom so one would no longer be forced to live by the words of a religion they did not agree with yet; here we are over 200 years later trying to force people to live their lives by the words of the bible.
No one has the "right" to murder an unborn child. Do you also feel slavery was a right that should be protected? Slavery used to be legal if I remember correctly. I view abortion not so much as a religious issue but more as a life, liberty basic rights issue.
Old Dec 25, '12, 7:13 pm

Default Re: pro-aborts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCatholic View Post
Ah, but that's what pro-aborts do. They deny the humanity of the unborn child and thus they consider them to be a separate species and DEFINITELY inferior species.
Especially when one refers to them as 'Downs people' UGH! (sorry, pet peeve surfacing here! )
They are not 'Downs people' they are people....people....people! Human beings....who have an extra chromosome....that is commonly referred to as Down syndrome....so they are 'PEOPLE with DOWN syndrome....they are NOT Downs people ....any more than people with cancer are 'cancer people' or people who have diabetes are 'diabetes people'.....they are more than their syndrome...they are p e o p l e F I R S T and foremost.

Now back to your regularly scheduled posts...
Old Dec 25, '12, 7:49 pm
Book Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediliz View Post
Its the result of poor Catechesis and no respect for the human person as a whole.
I have to agree... there is a complete lack of respect for the Human person in New Zealand where i live & it scares me some-days how little people care for other's these days.

My wife and I are pregnant with child number 5, & even if multiple scans etc showed something "wrong" with our child we wouldn't have an abortion or even consider it. All children are a gift from God and should be seen as such, Sadly that doesn't seem to be the case anymore...

It's funny how pro-abortion people try and make you sound like you have no morals & are living in the past... It always seems a backwards argument to me.
No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friends. John 15:13

Note: It is not my intent to offend, If I happen to on occasion please don't take it personally.
Old Dec 26, '12, 9:57 am

Quote:
I know Iím not the only woman raised Catholic who feels that itís the womanís right to choose....
To choose...what? To choose to shop at Macy's? To choose to go out nude in public? To choose to kill her 5 year old if he's in a car accident, severely injured, and now a drain on her time, emotions, and finances? To kill her 4 year old if she's just tired of being a mother? To kill her child a day before birth if she doesn't feel like being a mother?

This is ridiculous, to speak of a vague, unspecified right to....CHOOSE. It only has any meaning in the context of WHAT CHOICE we are discussing.

Clearly, we as society DO have the right to say some choices will not be tolerated in society.

Quote:
Again, this is a twisting of words. Is there a society in the history of mankind that has had no issue with killing others simply because we don't want them in our lives? This is not a 'religious' notion, that we should not kill innocent human beings. It is a notion common to all throughout history. It is most definitely not particular only to the Bible. And wow...having a problem with 'forcing' people to not kill another living human being? Scary.

Quote:
What about all those children in orphanages who are waiting to be loved and care for? Are you willing to stand up and take all the born unwanted children in to your home? If every good Catholic who is so anti-abortion and ant-birth control did that maybe I would be able to change my point of view on this subject but until that day comes allow me right to choose.
Yes, as a matter of fact, millions of pro-lifers, Christians, Catholis ARE AND HAVE taken millions of children into their homes.

But I think a large part of our problem as a society is the very fact that pro-abortionists and Planned Parenthood types would label other human beings 'unwanted.' Perhaps they ought to label the parents of those children? Oh, wait, that would be cruel and judgmental. Can't do that. But we can label a child who has committed no crime, done no wrong, and condemn that child do death for being 'unwanted' according only to our label of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regular Atheist View Post
I think what you're failing to understand is that people who are pro-choice generally don't consider a foetus to be the same as, in this case, a thirty year-old human. So I doubt we would ever have grown people being killed in the way that you claim could happen. At least, certainly not in my lifetime. Also, foetuses generally can't make their own decisions while grown people can, so it is slightly different in that sense. But, yeah, there's certainly no logical argument for abortion that I can think of.
I agree, people who are pro-choice simply don't consider an unborn child the same as a 30 year old. The problem is they fail to see this is no different than those who 'didn't consider' certain groups of people to be exactly human, or quite like 'us' and therefore not deserving of rights. I find it sad that the same people today who proclaim themselves so open-minded about accepting everyone, the same people who are so quick to point fingers, are the same people who take the same exact attitude of, "But *I* don't consider *YOU* quite human or deserving of rights, so why should I be 'forced' to treat you like a human being?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony2255 View Post
I know for a fact that there are many "adults" who can not make decisions for themselves and are solely reliant on others to ensure their survival. Individuals with extreme forms of autism, traumatic brain injuries ( leaving individuals catatonic), Alzheimer's patients, coma patients, etc.
Yep, and we're moving steadily closer to the point of eliminating them, too. Classifying them as not quite human.
Old Dec 26, '12, 11:30 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyrood View Post
To choose...what? To choose to shop at Macy's? To choose to go out nude in public? To choose to kill her 5 year old if he's in a car accident, severely injured, and now a drain on her time, emotions, and finances? To kill her 4 year old if she's just tired of being a mother? To kill her child a day before birth if she doesn't feel like being a mother?

This is ridiculous, to speak of a vague, unspecified right to....CHOOSE. It only has any meaning in the context of WHAT CHOICE we are discussing.

Clearly, we as society DO have the right to say some choices will not be tolerated in society.

Again, this is a twisting of words. Is there a society in the history of mankind that has had no issue with killing others simply because we don't want them in our lives? This is not a 'religious' notion, that we should not kill innocent human beings. It is a notion common to all throughout history. It is most definitely not particular only to the Bible. And wow...having a problem with 'forcing' people to not kill another living human being? Scary.

Yes, as a matter of fact, millions of pro-lifers, Christians, Catholis ARE AND HAVE taken millions of children into their homes.

But I think a large part of our problem as a society is the very fact that pro-abortionists and Planned Parenthood types would label other human beings 'unwanted.' Perhaps they ought to label the parents of those children? Oh, wait, that would be cruel and judgmental. Can't do that. But we can label a child who has committed no crime, done no wrong, and condemn that child do death for being 'unwanted' according only to our label of them.

I agree, people who are pro-choice simply don't consider an unborn child the same as a 30 year old. The problem is they fail to see this is no different than those who 'didn't consider' certain groups of people to be exactly human, or quite like 'us' and therefore not deserving of rights. I find it sad that the same people today who proclaim themselves so open-minded about accepting everyone, the same people who are so quick to point fingers, are the same people who take the same exact attitude of, "But *I* don't consider *YOU* quite human or deserving of rights, so why should I be 'forced' to treat you like a human being?"

Yep, and we're moving steadily closer to the point of eliminating them, too. Classifying them as not quite human.
We as a society keep repeating those same old mistake. Classifying a group of people as not quite human. Slave owners did it, Nazis did it and now people who classify abortion as a right.
Old Dec 26, '12, 1:00 pm
Book Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyrood View Post

I agree wholeheartedly
No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friends. John 15:13

Note: It is not my intent to offend, If I happen to on occasion please don't take it personally.
Old Dec 26, '12, 10:00 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcelle View Post
We as a society keep repeating those same old mistake. Classifying a group of people as not quite human. Slave owners did it, Nazis did it and now people who classify abortion as a right.
Quite right.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Answers--Today > Radio (Catholic Answers Live)