Catholic FAQ


Latest Threads
newest posts



Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Answers--Today > Radio (Catholic Answers Live)
 

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search Thread Display
  #226  
Old Dec 24, '12, 9:12 am
Used2beSherryG's Avatar
Used2beSherryG Used2beSherryG is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 20, 2012
Posts: 456
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: What really scared me from show with pro-choice callers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManicFaze View Post
Agree to disagree.
What about all those children in orphanages who are waiting to be loved and care for? Are you willing to stand up and take all the born unwanted children in to your home? If every good Catholic who is so anti-abortion and ant-birth control did that maybe I would be able to change my point of view on this subject but until that day comes allow me right to choose.

But I do have to ask if you believe in the death penalty for people who commit capital murder and are sentenced to death by the courts?
But I have to ask.....All those children you refer to in orphanages.. just exactly where are they? Most people today have to go out of the country to find a baby to adopt. They spend thousands of dollars in Romania, Russia or China to even find a baby. Your argument just isn'l logical. children in foster care are usually there because their parents are strung out of drugs or in prison for other crimes against humanity. If you can document lots of babies in orphanages I will faint! The truth is: women need to stop and think before they lie down with a casual acquaintance and perform an act of fornication leading to procreation. that is their right to choose what to do with their own body.
Reply With Quote
  #227  
Old Dec 24, '12, 10:02 am
Nimzovik Nimzovik is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: July 21, 2004
Posts: 4,304
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: What really scared me from show with pro-choice callers

If one wants to probe Catholic thinking concerning the death penalty, I suggest one go to New Advent or Start a Thread. This thread title is concerning Pro - Choice callers.

No Hijacking regards.... Nim.
Reply With Quote
  #228  
Old Dec 24, '12, 6:26 pm
NovusAugustus's Avatar
NovusAugustus NovusAugustus is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: September 21, 2012
Posts: 287
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: What really scared me from show with pro-choice callers

Abortion is the greatest tragedy of modern times, alongside the new media.
__________________
ďWe must love them both, those whose opinions we share and those whose opinions we reject, for both have labored in the search for truth, and both have helped us in finding it.Ē
St. Thomas Aquinas
Reply With Quote
  #229  
Old Dec 24, '12, 8:01 pm
Nimzovik Nimzovik is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: July 21, 2004
Posts: 4,304
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: What really scared me from show with pro-choice callers

Yes. 'Pravda' is alive and well and living in America.
Reply With Quote
  #230  
Old Dec 25, '12, 7:48 am
howareyou1 howareyou1 is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: December 14, 2012
Posts: 38
Religion: proud to be a Catholic
Default Re: What really scared me from show with pro-choice callers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManicFaze View Post
I know Iím not the only woman raised Catholic who feels that itís the womanís right to choose, but one of the few who proudly says pro-choice is a right no court or religion has the right to take from me or any other woman.

The separation of church and state has lost its meaning when it comes to abortion and the right for all to marry no matter if itís a man & woman or a woman & woman. Heterosexuals have not done much to keep sanctity of marriage true and pure. It annoys me so much when people twist the words of the bible to fit their own agenda.

This country was founded for the sole purpose of religious freedom so one would no longer be forced to live by the words of a religion they did not agree with yet; here we are over 200 years later trying to force people to live their lives by the words of the bible.
ManicFaze;10164361 . I totally agree with you! women have a right to choose! just like us men do! what does that mean? secular men and women have the right to choose when where and with whom to engage in sex... isn't that enough?? abortion shouldn't be a right... It's ironical how you say that abortion is a woman's right... Did you know about all the babies who are aborted in China or India just because they are female? Furtheremore, please forgive me for saying this, but i fail to understand how can a catholic be ok with abortion.
Reply With Quote
  #231  
Old Dec 25, '12, 10:43 am
jediliz jediliz is offline
Regular Member
 
Join Date: March 20, 2005
Posts: 2,861
Religion: Catholic and Proud of it!
Default Re: What really scared me from show with pro-choice callers

Quote:
Originally Posted by howareyou1 View Post
please forgive me for saying this, but i fail to understand how can a catholic be ok with abortion.
There are several "catholic" politicians that support unrestricted abortion, including the vice president. Its the result of poor Catechesis and no respect for the human person as a whole.

I have to wonder how many of those callers (I did not listen to the show, I'd probably get very upset) took biology in high school or have seen a 3D ultrasound. Guessing not many - usually the ones that debate on like pro life pages keep shouting its HER BODY! Its not HER body that's ripped to pieces, though.
__________________
A Rosary a Day Keeps the Devil Away!

"More souls go to hell because of sins of the flesh than for any other reason."
- Our Lady of Fatima

Who will speak for those who have no voice?

Life.....what a beautiful choice!
Reply With Quote
  #232  
Old Dec 25, '12, 5:59 pm
BobCatholic BobCatholic is offline
Regular Member
 
Join Date: May 18, 2004
Posts: 4,493
Religion: Catholic
Default pro-aborts

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenced View Post
You do realize that Downs people are the same species as you are, right? To delineate them as a separate and possibly inferior species is truly offensive.
Ah, but that's what pro-aborts do. They deny the humanity of the unborn child and thus they consider them to be a separate species and DEFINITELY inferior species.
Reply With Quote
  #233  
Old Dec 25, '12, 6:49 pm
GSL GSL is offline
Trial Membership
 
Join Date: December 25, 2012
Posts: 2
Religion: catholic
Default Re: What really scared me from show with pro-choice callers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used2beSherryG View Post
But I have to ask.....All those children you refer to in orphanages.. just exactly where are they? Most people today have to go out of the country to find a baby to adopt. They spend thousands of dollars in Romania, Russia or China to even find a baby. Your argument just isn'l logical. children in foster care are usually there because their parents are strung out of drugs or in prison for other crimes against humanity. If you can document lots of babies in orphanages I will faint! The truth is: women need to stop and think before they lie down with a casual acquaintance and perform an act of fornication leading to procreation. that is their right to choose what to do with their own body.
Good point. Very few children available in this country to be adopted. My sister adopted two kids from Hungary and had to spend 6 weeks there alone with them before it was finalized. I love when people say oh are you prepared to raise these children of women who want abortions. Its just another stupid argument by pro abortion people.
Reply With Quote
  #234  
Old Dec 25, '12, 6:56 pm
GSL GSL is offline
Trial Membership
 
Join Date: December 25, 2012
Posts: 2
Religion: catholic
Default Re: What really scared me from show with pro-choice callers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManicFaze View Post
I know Iím not the only woman raised Catholic who feels that itís the womanís right to choose, but one of the few who proudly says pro-choice is a right no court or religion has the right to take from me or any other woman.

The separation of church and state has lost its meaning when it comes to abortion and the right for all to marry no matter if itís a man & woman or a woman & woman. Heterosexuals have not done much to keep sanctity of marriage true and pure. It annoys me so much when people twist the words of the bible to fit their own agenda.

This country was founded for the sole purpose of religious freedom so one would no longer be forced to live by the words of a religion they did not agree with yet; here we are over 200 years later trying to force people to live their lives by the words of the bible.
No one has the "right" to murder an unborn child. Do you also feel slavery was a right that should be protected? Slavery used to be legal if I remember correctly. I view abortion not so much as a religious issue but more as a life, liberty basic rights issue.
Reply With Quote
  #235  
Old Dec 25, '12, 7:13 pm
hsmomforlife hsmomforlife is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: August 9, 2011
Posts: 400
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: pro-aborts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCatholic View Post
Ah, but that's what pro-aborts do. They deny the humanity of the unborn child and thus they consider them to be a separate species and DEFINITELY inferior species.
Especially when one refers to them as 'Downs people' UGH! (sorry, pet peeve surfacing here! )
They are not 'Downs people' they are people....people....people! Human beings....who have an extra chromosome....that is commonly referred to as Down syndrome....so they are 'PEOPLE with DOWN syndrome....they are NOT Downs people ....any more than people with cancer are 'cancer people' or people who have diabetes are 'diabetes people'.....they are more than their syndrome...they are p e o p l e F I R S T and foremost.

Now back to your regularly scheduled posts...
Reply With Quote
  #236  
Old Dec 25, '12, 7:49 pm
khuldar's Avatar
khuldar khuldar is offline
Junior Member
Book Club Member
 
Join Date: June 9, 2012
Posts: 275
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: What really scared me from show with pro-choice callers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediliz View Post
Its the result of poor Catechesis and no respect for the human person as a whole.
I have to agree... there is a complete lack of respect for the Human person in New Zealand where i live & it scares me some-days how little people care for other's these days.

My wife and I are pregnant with child number 5, & even if multiple scans etc showed something "wrong" with our child we wouldn't have an abortion or even consider it. All children are a gift from God and should be seen as such, Sadly that doesn't seem to be the case anymore...

It's funny how pro-abortion people try and make you sound like you have no morals & are living in the past... It always seems a backwards argument to me.
__________________
No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friends. John 15:13

Note: It is not my intent to offend, If I happen to on occasion please don't take it personally.
Reply With Quote
  #237  
Old Dec 26, '12, 9:57 am
holyrood holyrood is offline
Regular Member
 
Join Date: February 4, 2007
Posts: 1,258
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: What really scared me from show with pro-choice callers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManicFaze View Post
I know Iím not the only woman raised Catholic who feels that itís the womanís right to choose....
To choose...what? To choose to shop at Macy's? To choose to go out nude in public? To choose to kill her 5 year old if he's in a car accident, severely injured, and now a drain on her time, emotions, and finances? To kill her 4 year old if she's just tired of being a mother? To kill her child a day before birth if she doesn't feel like being a mother?

This is ridiculous, to speak of a vague, unspecified right to....CHOOSE. It only has any meaning in the context of WHAT CHOICE we are discussing.

Clearly, we as society DO have the right to say some choices will not be tolerated in society.


Quote:
This country was founded for the sole purpose of religious freedom so one would no longer be forced to live by the words of a religion they did not agree with yet; here we are over 200 years later trying to force people to live their lives by the words of the bible.
Again, this is a twisting of words. Is there a society in the history of mankind that has had no issue with killing others simply because we don't want them in our lives? This is not a 'religious' notion, that we should not kill innocent human beings. It is a notion common to all throughout history. It is most definitely not particular only to the Bible. And wow...having a problem with 'forcing' people to not kill another living human being? Scary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManicFaze View Post
What about all those children in orphanages who are waiting to be loved and care for? Are you willing to stand up and take all the born unwanted children in to your home? If every good Catholic who is so anti-abortion and ant-birth control did that maybe I would be able to change my point of view on this subject but until that day comes allow me right to choose.
Yes, as a matter of fact, millions of pro-lifers, Christians, Catholis ARE AND HAVE taken millions of children into their homes.

But I think a large part of our problem as a society is the very fact that pro-abortionists and Planned Parenthood types would label other human beings 'unwanted.' Perhaps they ought to label the parents of those children? Oh, wait, that would be cruel and judgmental. Can't do that. But we can label a child who has committed no crime, done no wrong, and condemn that child do death for being 'unwanted' according only to our label of them.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Regular Atheist View Post
I think what you're failing to understand is that people who are pro-choice generally don't consider a foetus to be the same as, in this case, a thirty year-old human. So I doubt we would ever have grown people being killed in the way that you claim could happen. At least, certainly not in my lifetime. Also, foetuses generally can't make their own decisions while grown people can, so it is slightly different in that sense. But, yeah, there's certainly no logical argument for abortion that I can think of.
I agree, people who are pro-choice simply don't consider an unborn child the same as a 30 year old. The problem is they fail to see this is no different than those who 'didn't consider' certain groups of people to be exactly human, or quite like 'us' and therefore not deserving of rights. I find it sad that the same people today who proclaim themselves so open-minded about accepting everyone, the same people who are so quick to point fingers, are the same people who take the same exact attitude of, "But *I* don't consider *YOU* quite human or deserving of rights, so why should I be 'forced' to treat you like a human being?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony2255 View Post
I know for a fact that there are many "adults" who can not make decisions for themselves and are solely reliant on others to ensure their survival. Individuals with extreme forms of autism, traumatic brain injuries ( leaving individuals catatonic), Alzheimer's patients, coma patients, etc.
Yep, and we're moving steadily closer to the point of eliminating them, too. Classifying them as not quite human.
Reply With Quote
  #238  
Old Dec 26, '12, 11:30 am
Sarcelle's Avatar
Sarcelle Sarcelle is offline
Regular Member
 
Join Date: November 7, 2012
Posts: 1,752
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: What really scared me from show with pro-choice callers

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyrood View Post
To choose...what? To choose to shop at Macy's? To choose to go out nude in public? To choose to kill her 5 year old if he's in a car accident, severely injured, and now a drain on her time, emotions, and finances? To kill her 4 year old if she's just tired of being a mother? To kill her child a day before birth if she doesn't feel like being a mother?

This is ridiculous, to speak of a vague, unspecified right to....CHOOSE. It only has any meaning in the context of WHAT CHOICE we are discussing.

Clearly, we as society DO have the right to say some choices will not be tolerated in society.



Again, this is a twisting of words. Is there a society in the history of mankind that has had no issue with killing others simply because we don't want them in our lives? This is not a 'religious' notion, that we should not kill innocent human beings. It is a notion common to all throughout history. It is most definitely not particular only to the Bible. And wow...having a problem with 'forcing' people to not kill another living human being? Scary.



Yes, as a matter of fact, millions of pro-lifers, Christians, Catholis ARE AND HAVE taken millions of children into their homes.

But I think a large part of our problem as a society is the very fact that pro-abortionists and Planned Parenthood types would label other human beings 'unwanted.' Perhaps they ought to label the parents of those children? Oh, wait, that would be cruel and judgmental. Can't do that. But we can label a child who has committed no crime, done no wrong, and condemn that child do death for being 'unwanted' according only to our label of them.





I agree, people who are pro-choice simply don't consider an unborn child the same as a 30 year old. The problem is they fail to see this is no different than those who 'didn't consider' certain groups of people to be exactly human, or quite like 'us' and therefore not deserving of rights. I find it sad that the same people today who proclaim themselves so open-minded about accepting everyone, the same people who are so quick to point fingers, are the same people who take the same exact attitude of, "But *I* don't consider *YOU* quite human or deserving of rights, so why should I be 'forced' to treat you like a human being?"


Yep, and we're moving steadily closer to the point of eliminating them, too. Classifying them as not quite human.
We as a society keep repeating those same old mistake. Classifying a group of people as not quite human. Slave owners did it, Nazis did it and now people who classify abortion as a right.
Reply With Quote
  #239  
Old Dec 26, '12, 1:00 pm
khuldar's Avatar
khuldar khuldar is offline
Junior Member
Book Club Member
 
Join Date: June 9, 2012
Posts: 275
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: What really scared me from show with pro-choice callers

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyrood View Post
To choose...what? To choose to shop at Macy's? To choose to go out nude in public? To choose to kill her 5 year old if he's in a car accident, severely injured, and now a drain on her time, emotions, and finances? To kill her 4 year old if she's just tired of being a mother? To kill her child a day before birth if she doesn't feel like being a mother?

This is ridiculous, to speak of a vague, unspecified right to....CHOOSE. It only has any meaning in the context of WHAT CHOICE we are discussing.

Clearly, we as society DO have the right to say some choices will not be tolerated in society.



Again, this is a twisting of words. Is there a society in the history of mankind that has had no issue with killing others simply because we don't want them in our lives? This is not a 'religious' notion, that we should not kill innocent human beings. It is a notion common to all throughout history. It is most definitely not particular only to the Bible. And wow...having a problem with 'forcing' people to not kill another living human being? Scary.



Yes, as a matter of fact, millions of pro-lifers, Christians, Catholis ARE AND HAVE taken millions of children into their homes.

But I think a large part of our problem as a society is the very fact that pro-abortionists and Planned Parenthood types would label other human beings 'unwanted.' Perhaps they ought to label the parents of those children? Oh, wait, that would be cruel and judgmental. Can't do that. But we can label a child who has committed no crime, done no wrong, and condemn that child do death for being 'unwanted' according only to our label of them.





I agree, people who are pro-choice simply don't consider an unborn child the same as a 30 year old. The problem is they fail to see this is no different than those who 'didn't consider' certain groups of people to be exactly human, or quite like 'us' and therefore not deserving of rights. I find it sad that the same people today who proclaim themselves so open-minded about accepting everyone, the same people who are so quick to point fingers, are the same people who take the same exact attitude of, "But *I* don't consider *YOU* quite human or deserving of rights, so why should I be 'forced' to treat you like a human being?"


Yep, and we're moving steadily closer to the point of eliminating them, too. Classifying them as not quite human.
I agree wholeheartedly
__________________
No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friends. John 15:13

Note: It is not my intent to offend, If I happen to on occasion please don't take it personally.
Reply With Quote
  #240  
Old Dec 26, '12, 10:00 pm
Nimzovik Nimzovik is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: July 21, 2004
Posts: 4,304
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: What really scared me from show with pro-choice callers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcelle View Post
We as a society keep repeating those same old mistake. Classifying a group of people as not quite human. Slave owners did it, Nazis did it and now people who classify abortion as a right.
Quite right.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Answers--Today > Radio (Catholic Answers Live)

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search Thread
Search Thread:

Advanced Search
Display

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Prayer Intentions

Most Active Groups
8304Meet and talk,talk talk
Last by: GLam8833
5071CAF Prayer Warriors Support Group
Last by: mountee
4358Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Last by: lsbar
4035OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Last by: 3DOCTORS
3853SOLITUDE
Last by: Prairie Rose
3616Let's empty Purgatory
Last by: RJB
3264Poems and Reflections
Last by: PathWalker
3212Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Last by: Rifester
3203Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Last by: Amiciel
3069For seniors and shut- ins
Last by: Theresa DeSensi



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 4:55 am.

Home RSS Feeds - Home - Archive - Top

Copyright © 2004-2014, Catholic Answers.