Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > The Water Cooler > Back Fence

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Closed Thread

Old Dec 25, '12, 7:24 am
Observing Member

Default Re: Meet and Greet #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhite06517 View Post

Greetings Andy!!!

We are so excited for you!!!! I'm a convert of 15 years - and am growing deeper in our Catholic faith everyday!!!

Let's see ... some help for you!!!
http://www.catholic.com/documents/pi...illar-of-truth

The RCIA program (I'm not sure if they follow this in the UK): http://forums.catholic.com/group.php?groupid=1622 and http://forums.catholic.com/group.php?groupid=1487

The Evangelization forum here (many converts to be are in discussions there): http://forums.catholic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=100

And ... do look over the many forums and groups here - continue to go to Mass (it is beautiful - you will soon know when to stand, when to sit, when to kneel!!! )

May God protect and bless you on your spiritual journey; may He give you wisdom, discernment, understanding and strength; and may He pour out compassion, love, joy and peace upon you and your family!!!

Bruce

Thank you Bruce, much appreciated
Old Dec 25, '12, 8:07 am
Trial Membership

Religion: protestant

[hi
Old Dec 25, '12, 8:08 am
Observing Member

Religion: catholic
Send a message via AIM to fieryangel
Smile Re: Meet and Greet #96

Hi everyone! I am eager to get back to my catholic roots, so it would be great to discuss all things spiritual with like-minded people. I am middle-age, female single, but not interested in a relationship, as I enjoy my solitude too much! I just have a yearning to seek the sacred from a Catholic perspective, with a special leaning towards Our Lady. I occassionally dapple in poetry having won 2 compitions albeit a few years back now, plus have had poetry published in lit magazines and written a poetry book. I have a manuscript posted on-line at a particular website. it should go to a publisher but every time I think about that I get cold feet! Spiritually, I know and sense that the angels and protection of Our Lady is with me, as I do practice the Rosary, and pray to Her from a Marian prayer book that I bought on line,entitled: A Book Of Marian Prayers. I also have a few other Marian books: Mary the complete Resource Edited by Sarah Jane Boss, & True Devotion To Mary with preperation for Total Consecration from Tan classics written by St. Louis de Montfort.I have a great love for Her and Her Son. I guess after some reflection and with the times being what they are, I feel called to come back to the faith, to revise and to go on practicing from there.

Thanks for allowing me to share something of myself,

With Holy love & blessings, & warm season greetings for this most blessed time,

fieryangel

Last edited by fieryangel; Dec 25, '12 at 8:11 am. Reason: Spelling error
Old Dec 25, '12, 8:12 am
Observing Member

Religion: catholic
Send a message via AIM to fieryangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieryangel View Post
Hi everyone! I am eager to get back to my catholic roots, so it would be great to discuss all things spiritual with like-minded people. I am middle-age, female single, but not interested in a relationship, as I enjoy my solitude too much! I just have a yearning to seek the sacred from a Catholic perspective, with a special leaning towards Our Lady. I occassionally dapple in poetry having won 2 compitions albeit a few years back now, plus have had poetry published in lit magazines and written a poetry book. I have a manuscript posted on-line at a particular website. it should go to a publisher but every time I think about that I get cold feet! Spiritually, I know and sense that the angels and protection of Our Lady is with me, as I do practice the Rosary, and pray to Her from a Marian prayer book that I bought on line,entitled: A Book Of Marian Prayers. I also have a few other Marian books: Mary the complete Resource Edited by Sarah Jane Boss, & True Devotion To Mary with preperation for Total Consecration from Tan classics written by St. Louis de Montfort.I have a great love for Her and Her Son. I guess after some reflection and with the times being what they are, I feel called to come back to the faith, to revise and to go on practicing from there.

fieryangel
Old Dec 25, '12, 8:54 am
Observing Member

Religion: Catholic
Smile Re: Meet and Greet #96

Merry Christmas everybody! This is our first time posting on here. We are two Catholics with a Youtube channel who video blog about God, faith, and current events from a Catholic point of view. We look forward to participating in the discussions on this site, and hopefully make some new friendships with other devout Catholics (and Christians) along the way.
Old Dec 25, '12, 9:08 am
Trial Membership

I happened on this website by accident and thought I would hang around to see what I can learn about the faith which I have professed all my life.
Old Dec 25, '12, 9:28 am
Inactive Member

[quote=Lucy Spencer;10128393]Meet and Greet # 96

Tell us a little about yourself.

For newcomers, just click the "Post Reply" button located just above this message. A "post reply" editor will then appear. Type your message and hit the "Submit Reply" button.

Feel free to then wander around and check things out.

Again, thanks for joining us here at Catholic Answers Forums.

May God bless you and yours,

By the way...this is not a question and answer thread so please do not post questions in this thread, as they will generally go unanswered.

This is merely where you introduce yourself to the community.

p.s., Want to start a new conversation ("thread") or ask a question? Here's how it's done:
  1. Find a forum that covers your topic. There's a list on CAF's home page.
  2. Enter the forum by clicking its name. You'll then see a list of conversations or topics (called "threads" in forum-speak).
  3. Look for the "New Thread" button at the top of this list. Click it to start your own topic.
  4. You will then see a standard text editor. Just enter a title and a description of what you want to talk about. Click "submit" and you're all done.
p.p.s, the earlier Meet and Greet #95 is located here.

[

Hi
I am a retired Deputy Headmaster and teacher of Physics and Mathematics. I have been a Catholic all my life and had the joy of seeing my daughter married in Rome this year. However, I find that I spend most of my time questioning the Church and its edicts on a range of issues e.g. sexuality and the position of women within the Church. I do not question the teachings of Jesus, as I said, just the Church.
Old Dec 25, '12, 11:45 am
Forum Master
Greeter
Prayer Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampathsalomi View Post
[hi

Hello sampathsalomi!!!

Thank you for joining us at Catholic Answers Forums!!! We like new members!!!

Look around and join in !!!

Bruce
Prayer Warrior
Forum Master

'When he was at the table with them, he took bread, gave thanks, broke it and began to give it to them. Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him.'
Old Dec 25, '12, 11:50 am
Forum Master
Greeter
Prayer Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieryangel View Post

fieryangel

Welcome FieryAngel!!!

Thank you for sharing and become part of this worldwide Catholic community!!!

There are some poetry groups here - like these: http://forums.catholic.com/group.php?groupid=1501; and http://forums.catholic.com/group.php?groupid=747 - and plenty of Rosary groups - like: http://forums.catholic.com/group.php?groupid=335

Plus discussions on almost all topics of our Catholic faith!!! So, look around, find groups and topics that interest you and return to Catholic Answers Forums frequently!!!

May God continue to bless you with His love, joy and peace!!!

Bruce
Prayer Warrior
Forum Master

'When he was at the table with them, he took bread, gave thanks, broke it and began to give it to them. Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him.'
Old Dec 25, '12, 11:52 am
Forum Master
Greeter
Prayer Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeVlog View Post
Merry Christmas everybody! This is our first time posting on here. We are two Catholics with a Youtube channel who video blog about God, faith, and current events from a Catholic point of view. We look forward to participating in the discussions on this site, and hopefully make some new friendships with other devout Catholics (and Christians) along the way.

Hello WeVlog!!!

What a great idea - video blogging about God and faith from a Catholic viewpoint!!!

We invite you to share with us here at Catholic Answers Forums!!! Lots of great discussions here!!!

May God's holiness be with you in this Christmas season and always!!!

Bruce
Prayer Warrior
Forum Master

Old Dec 25, '12, 11:53 am
Forum Master
Greeter
Prayer Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblumtritt View Post
I happened on this website by accident and thought I would hang around to see what I can learn about the faith which I have professed all my life.

Welcome cblumtritt!!!

We would like to think that the Holy Spirit led you to Catholic Answers Forums!!!

We do invite you to hang out, read in the forums, and grow in your faith with us here at CAF!!!

May God's grace, mercy and peace be with you!!!

Bruce
Prayer Warrior
Forum Master

Old Dec 25, '12, 11:56 am
Forum Master
Greeter
Prayer Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnArthur1 View Post
Hi
I am a retired Deputy Headmaster and teacher of Physics and Mathematics. I have been a Catholic all my life and had the joy of seeing my daughter married in Rome this year. However, I find that I spend most of my time questioning the Church and its edicts on a range of issues e.g. sexuality and the position of women within the Church. I do not question the teachings of Jesus, as I said, just the Church.

Welcome JohnArthur!!!

We welcome you to this world's largest Catholic forum - with discussions of many topics - including sexuality, position of women in the Church and more!!! So, look around, join in (in love and courtesy) and be an active part of Catholic Answers Forums!!!

Bruce
Prayer Warrior
Forum Master

Old Dec 25, '12, 1:30 pm
Observing Member

Merry Christmas, Everyone! I am new to this site and excited to be here. I am from the US but I am living in Germany for a few years.

God bless you all.
Old Dec 25, '12, 1:56 pm
Forum Master
Greeter
Prayer Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by oma31 View Post
Merry Christmas, Everyone! I am new to this site and excited to be here. I am from the US but I am living in Germany for a few years.

God bless you all.

Frohe Weihnachten Oma!!!

Willkommen to Catholic Answers Forums!!!

We are glad you have joined us and we invite you to look around and join in with us in discussions of faith and much more!!!

May God pour out His love, grace, mercy and peace upon you!!!

Bruce
Prayer Warrior
Forum Master

Old Dec 25, '12, 6:11 pm
Observing Member

Hi! I was raised Catholic but have struggled with some of the church policies and practices. I have looked for a faith community which meets my needs and helps me live as God wants me to. I am currently a member of a small Catholic parish and sing in the choir. I find singing one of my favorite forms of worship. I look forward to using this forum on my faith journey.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > The Water Cooler > Back Fence