Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Prayer Intentions

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Jan 21, '13, 2:57 am
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Religion: catholic
Default Re: My Brother Passed Away Today

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

"Whatsoever you do for the least of my brothers and sisters you do unto me"
Old Feb 8, '13, 9:44 pm
Forum Master

Religion: Catholic

For your brother

Eternal rest grant unto maltmom's brother, O Lord; and let the perpetual light shine upon maltmom's brother. May maltmom's brother and all the faithful departed rest in peace.

O Lord hear my prayer, and let my cry come to You.

O God, the creator and redeemer of all the faithful, grant to the souls of Your departed servants the remission of all their sins that through our prayers they may obtain pardon which they have always desired. (especially...). Amen.

http://www.prayerbook.com/Prayers/Pu...ul.htm#ETERNAL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For you maltmom and all those who are in mourning

Father of mercies and God of all consolation, You pursue us with untiring love and dispel the shadow of death with the bright dawn of light.

Comfort Your family in their loss and sorrow. Be our refuge and our strength, O Lord, and lift us from the depths of grief into the peace and light of Your Presence.

Your Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, by dying has destroyed our death, and by rising, restored our life. Enable us therefore to press on toward him, so that, after our earthly course is run, He may reunite us with those we love, when every tear will be wiped away. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.

http://www.2heartsnetwork.org/mourn.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For your niece

PRAYER FOR THE ADDICTED

God of mercy, we bless You in the name of Your Son, Jesus Christ, who ministered to all who come to Him. Give Your strength to maltmom's niece., Your servant, bound by the chains of addiction. Enfold her in Your love and restore her to the freedom of God's children. Lord, look with compassion on all those who have lost their health and freedom. Restore to them the assurance of Your unfailing mercy, and strengthen them in the work of recovery. To those who care for them, grant patient understanding and a love that perseveres. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.

http://www.circleofprayer.com/matt-talbot.html

A brief video about Venerable Matt Talbot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUDcFXY56CI

Praying for the intercession of Venerable Alfred Pampalon

Dear Father Alfred, listen to my cry and come to my aid. Obtain for me the favours I desire. You are well known as the protector of people who are suffering in body, mind and spirit.

You show special compassion for alcoholics and drug addicts. You have freed so many people from their dependencies. Free me also, I beg you, dear Father Alfred, and free those people I recommend to you, especially members of my family.

I come to you with confidence. I pray for myself and for all those who are dear to me. Come also to the assistance of the Church and of the whole world. Amen

http://www.redemptorists.co.uk/preac...-pampalon.html

A brief video about Venerable Alfred Pampalon, C.Ss.R.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uN0M2lrtG8
"I thirst, I thirst for Jesus alone! Happy the souls who suffer in secret, known to God alone! How I love a soul suffering with patience, hidden with God alone! Once you have given God something, you must never take it back." ~ Blessed Maryam Bawārdī
Old Feb 8, '13, 10:57 pm
Forum Master

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

"Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the universal church, those in my own home and within my family. Amen." St. Gertrude
Old Feb 9, '13, 10:27 am

Religion: Catholic Convert

Thank you!
Old Feb 9, '13, 1:23 pm
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Old Feb 10, '13, 3:28 am
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Old Feb 10, '13, 9:03 am

Religion: Catholic Convert

Thank you for your continued prayers for me and my family.
Old Feb 10, '13, 10:08 am

Religion: Roman Catholic

Praying...

+

Eternal rest grant unto her brother, O Lord,
and let Your perpetual light shine upon him.
May his soul, and the souls of all the faithful departed,
through the mercy of God, rest in peace.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
Amen.

De tout cœur je rendrai grâce au Seigneur

Ps 111

Old Feb 11, '13, 1:23 pm
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by maltmom View Post
Thank you for your continued prayers for me and my family.
May God bless you and all your family always

Old Feb 14, '13, 12:59 am
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Old Apr 17, '13, 10:30 pm
Forum Master

For your brother

Eternal rest grant unto maltmom's brother, O Lord; and let the perpetual light shine upon maltmom's brother. May maltmom's brother and all the faithful departed rest in peace.

O God, the creator and redeemer of all the faithful, grant to the souls of Your departed servants the remission of all their sins that through our prayers they may obtain pardon which they have always desired. (especially...). Amen.

Father of mercies and God of all consolation, You pursue us with untiring love and dispel the shadow of death with the bright dawn of light.

Comfort Your family in their loss and sorrow. Be our refuge and our strength, O Lord, and lift us from the depths of grief into the peace and light of Your Presence.

Your Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, by dying has destroyed our death, and by rising, restored our life. Enable us therefore to press on toward him, so that, after our earthly course is run, He may reunite us with those we love, when every tear will be wiped away. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.

For your niece

PRAYER FOR THE ADDICTED

God of mercy, we bless You in the name of Your Son, Jesus Christ, who ministered to all who come to Him. Give Your strength to maltmom's niece., Your servant, bound by the chains of addiction. Enfold her in Your love and restore her to the freedom of God's children. Lord, look with compassion on all those who have lost their health and freedom. Restore to them the assurance of Your unfailing mercy, and strengthen them in the work of recovery. To those who care for them, grant patient understanding and a love that perseveres. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Dear Father Alfred, listen to my cry and come to my aid. Obtain for me the favours I desire. You are well known as the protector of people who are suffering in body, mind and spirit.

You show special compassion for alcoholics and drug addicts. You have freed so many people from their dependencies. Free me also, I beg you, dear Father Alfred, and free those people I recommend to you, especially members of my family.

I come to you with confidence. I pray for myself and for all those who are dear to me. Come also to the assistance of the Church and of the whole world. Amen

"I thirst, I thirst for Jesus alone! Happy the souls who suffer in secret, known to God alone! How I love a soul suffering with patience, hidden with God alone! Once you have given God something, you must never take it back." ~ Blessed Maryam Bawārdī
Old Apr 18, '13, 1:33 am
Forum Master

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

"Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the universal church, those in my own home and within my family. Amen." St. Gertrude
Old Apr 18, '13, 7:55 pm
Forum Master

For your brother

For your niece

PRAYER FOR THE ADDICTED

Old Apr 18, '13, 8:00 pm
Veteran Member

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,

Amen.

Old Apr 19, '13, 8:02 am

I feel sad for you and your brother and I pray for you both. This is a difficult time for me
now as my niece is in Hospice right now and is dying. She has been away from the faith but not God. I pray God will reach out for her soul and your brothers soul. The Angels
that have guarded them all their lives I hope will take them to heaven or purgatory
if need be. i dont want to judge as tht is Gods job. Thank Goodnes for our wonderful
faith. It is more than consolation.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Prayer Intentions