Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Sep 7, '04, 3:05 pm

Question Chaplet for Conversion

Does anyone have a link to the full text of Our Lady's message regarding this chaplet? I read some of it and she says in one place that the chaplet is to consist of 33 beads, yet in another place she says that the prayer may be said from the crucifix to the centerpiece. So I'm wondering how that's supposed to work...in most descriptions I've read, you're praying the small beads ten times rather than the five times Our Lady suggests. Call me a knit-picker for details about a devotional that we can choose freely to believe or disbelieve in, but I'm a stickler for details... = )

Thanks!
Old Sep 7, '04, 5:45 pm

Default Re: Chaplet for Conversion

Zigga...,I have the Chaplet of Conversion.

The chaplet goes as follows:
First:There is the crucifix (Say 1 creed for the unbelievers of the World),

This is followed by 3 beads Say:
1 Our Father in petition to the Father for the Grace of Conversion for the world;
1 Hail Mary honoring the Father for this exultation of Mary- a mere creature- and choosing to honor her with the title Queen of heaven and Mediatrix of all graces;
1 Hail Holy Queen)

Then there is 1 bead (On the traditional rosary it would be an Our Father bead) On this "large" bead of each "mystery" say:
"O Holy Mother, I join you at the foot of your Son's Cross to implore Mercy and Conversion for the Souls of the world. With you I offer the wounds of your Son Jesus to the Father in atonement for the sins of the world, past, present and to come."

Then there is the Circle of beads. Each "mystery" is only 5 beads (unlike the traditional rosary with 10.) On each of the 5 "small" beads (on the traditional rosary it would be a Hail Mary beads) say:
"Through the sorrowful, bleeding Immaculate Heart of Mary and in union with the suffering of her Son Jesus on the Cross I implore of the Father the grace of conversion for the world."

There are 5 "mysteries" just like the traditional rosary. End each little mystery with one Hail Mary (no bead) in honor of Mary's tears of sorrow and say:
"Holy Mother Mary, Mediatrix of all graces obtain for us from God the Conversion of the World."

The Chaplet ends with 3 Glory Be's in honor of the Blessed Trinity (no beads) and the Hail Holy Queen (no bead).

So in the end there are: 3+1(=4) beads in the beginning of the chaplet. The Circle of beads is 5+1+ 5+1+ 5+1+ 5+1+ 5, back to the joint, (=29beads). 29+4= 33. I hope this isn't too confusing.

It is a beautiful prayer. God Bless.
Mary
Old Sep 7, '04, 6:30 pm

Talking Re: Chaplet for Conversion

No, actually it made perfect sense! Thanks!

2 questions:

Any idea how to do it from the crucifix to the medal on the traditional rosary, as Our Lady suggested?

What are the "little mysteries"?

Thanks so much!
Old Sep 8, '04, 7:32 am

Zigga...,

If using a regular rosary, just skip the first Our Father bead.

Then with the decades, do the prayer only 5 times.

I don't think there are mysteries to meditate on like with the rosary. The instructions use that word "mystery" to deliniate the groups of prayer. Decade doesn't work because it's only 5 prayers.

Sometimes I meditate on the Sorrowful Mysteries of the rosary when I pray it. But this is my own thing, it's not actually part of the chaplet.
Old Sep 8, '04, 7:34 am

Also....

Little mystery, just means that it's only 5 prayers and therefore "little" as compared to the decade in the rosary.
Old Sep 9, '04, 7:15 am
Veteran Member

Religion: Catholic

This was exactly what I needed to find today. I am desperately praying for re-versions of my loved ones and the love of my life.

Thank you - the Holy Spirit has worked through you today, Mary and Ziggamafu - to deliver this Chaplet into my hands.
Old Sep 9, '04, 9:09 pm

Where did this chaplet come from? I've never heard of it before.
Old Sep 9, '04, 11:58 pm
Book Club Member

Religion: orthodox Roman Catholic (love the church & all it stands 4!

Thanks,

I too am busy praying for conversions in my family, so this will be extremely useful information.

And, I love making rosaries and chaplets, and I especially like finding new Chaplets.

Thank you very much for the service you have done for me today.

Most sincerely, yours in Christ,

CARose
Old Sep 10, '04, 4:12 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelia
Where did this chaplet come from? I've never heard of it before.
I believe there is an apparition of Our Lady associated with it...well, the info I have came on a little leaflet I got from my parish. At the top it says "requested by Our Lady, May 19, 1990", then a description of how the chaplet works, then what Our Lady said when giving it to us. Her message is actually rather interesting...she talks about the rosary, the last things, and how she won't be appearing anymore, soon.

The full title of the Chaplet is "Chaplet of Conversion for the Souls of the World"
Old Sep 10, '04, 5:41 am

The chaplet was given to Christina Gallagher, a visionary and stigmatist in Ireland.
Old Sep 10, '04, 5:59 am
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARose
Thanks,

I too am busy praying for conversions in my family, so this will be extremely useful information.

And, I love making rosaries and chaplets, and I especially like finding new Chaplets.

Thank you very much for the service you have done for me today.

Most sincerely, yours in Christ,

CARose
CARose,
I will include your family in my fervent prayers for conversions and re-versions.
May God open these people's hearts and minds to accept Him and His will.

It is nice that this Chaplet was given to us.
Old Sep 10, '04, 6:08 am

If you don't want to use a regular rosary you can buy the Conversion Chaplet Beads HERE
Old Sep 10, '04, 6:10 am
Veteran Member

Nice Marie. Thanks for the info!
Old Sep 10, '04, 6:34 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary's Lamb
The chaplet was given to Christina Gallagher, a visionary and stigmatist in Ireland.
WOAH, COOL! Do you have a link to this info? All I've been able to find I got from the little leaflet @ my church! I've been very curious to the history of it. Thanks!!!
Old Sep 11, '04, 9:46 am

Sorry Zigga...,

I don't have a link. I first learned about this chaplet on Ewtn about 11 years ago. The priest, who was Christina Gallagher's spiritual advisor was on Mother Angelica Live. I don't remember his name. At the end of the program they gave an address for the chaplet. It was the 101 Foundation. But I don't know if they still carry the chaplet or not. And I don't have their current address. Maybe another poster can give you this information.
Mary

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality