Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Vocations

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Closed Thread

Old Jun 17, '07, 6:31 am
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Religion: Catholic
Send a message via ICQ to zemi Send a message via AIM to zemi Send a message via MSN to zemi Send a message via Yahoo to zemi Send a message via Skype™ to zemi
Default Re: Thread for all discerning priesthood and for those already studying for priests

Question for everyone - sort of a self-critical one

What are the biggest hindrances in your decision to follow Christ as a priest?
Old Jun 17, '07, 6:37 am

Default Re: Thread for all discerning priesthood and for those already studying for priests

Quote:
Originally Posted by zemi View Post

For me that is easy, LAZINESS

Being lazy is also a sin, sometimes i just can't be bothered praying. but i know better, so i force myself onto my knees.

Love One Another Magazine
http://www.loveoneanothermagazine.org/
Spread the good news
Old Jun 17, '07, 7:07 am

Religion: Roman Catholic

Quote:

That's easy.... Satan!

I think you meant something else by the question, though, and so in response I would have to say all of the "distractions" in life that keep me from prayer or which take over my attention when I should be discerning my call.
Old Jun 17, '07, 2:01 pm

I have been seriously considering priesthood some 4 years now. But now, right after graduating from university I plan on taking a job (for 1-2 years), only to have some kind of work experience. On the other hand, even now I feel it will surely not fulfil me. I feel I am called to something MORE.
BTW, welcome zemi, I am glad not being here alone from Slovakia.
Old Jun 17, '07, 2:51 pm

Quote:

nothing really, Im just waiting to finish my university studies and in the mean time try and raise enough money to pay for seminary myself. I plan to enter in 2 years, I've pretty much made up my mind, now I'm just thinking about which religious order or seminary etc.
Old Jun 17, '07, 3:36 pm
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Send a message via ICQ to zemi Send a message via AIM to zemi Send a message via MSN to zemi Send a message via Yahoo to zemi Send a message via Skype™ to zemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sklenko View Post
I have been seriously considering priesthood some 4 years now. But now, right after graduating from university I plan on taking a job (for 1-2 years), only to have some kind of work experience. On the other hand, even now I feel it will surely not fulfil me. I feel I am called to something MORE.
BTW, welcome zemi, I am glad not being here alone from Slovakia.
Hi there Sklenko

Great to meet somebody from Slovakia here

If I get it right, is it your job you're about to take up that you think won't fulfil you? So will you be still considering the priesthood or did I get it wrong this time? ....
Old Jun 17, '07, 3:40 pm
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgel_maestro View Post
nothing really, Im just waiting to finish my university studies and in the mean time try and raise enough money to pay for seminary myself. I plan to enter in 2 years, I've pretty much made up my mind, now I'm just thinking about which religious order or seminary etc.
Do you have any imaginary list with your options?
Old Jun 17, '07, 3:41 pm
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawel15 View Post
For me that is easy, LAZINESS

Being lazy is also a sin, sometimes i just can't be bothered praying. but i know better, so i force myself onto my knees.
I know that one very well Unfortunatelly...
Old Jun 17, '07, 3:42 pm
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by under the dome View Post
That's easy.... Satan!

I think you meant something else by the question, though, and so in response I would have to say all of the "distractions" in life that keep me from prayer or which take over my attention when I should be discerning my call.
Yes, I meant sth more concrete I have for instance one girl...friend sort of "in my way"
Old Jun 17, '07, 9:58 pm

Quote:
Do you have any imaginary list with your options?
if I enter the monastery, maybe the traditional benedictine order at le barroux in France, if religious priest maybe the FSSP seminary in Germany, or the Institute of Christ the King in Italy or any other traditional seminary/religious order that is in communion with the Holy See.
Old Jun 18, '07, 3:30 am
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Religion: Roman Catholic

Vincent here, from the archdiocese of Singapore

I'm 22 this year. Well, Since May 2006 (time flies!), I've been discerning to diocesan priesthood. At the same time, I also discerned with the Franciscan order OFM (but didn't work out) and soon with the Dominican (The vocation director is back to Spain till mid July).

It's still along way to go for me, but I'm enjoying myself. If God calls me, I'll accept it. However, if it's not my vocation to the priesthood/religious life, then I'll still be glad as this discernment period allows me to be closer to God in my prayer and studies of Catholic Faith.

Fr. Walter Ciszek (1904-1984)

www.vinzpablo.com
Old Jun 18, '07, 3:56 am
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Thank you very much for your posts everyone!
Old Jun 18, '07, 6:09 am

Zemi,

Are their many/any Polish priests in your area (city/town), or Slovakia for that matter?

Love One Another Magazine
http://www.loveoneanothermagazine.org/
Spread the good news
Old Jun 18, '07, 6:17 am
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawel15 View Post
Zemi,

Are their many/any Polish priests in your area (city/town), or Slovakia for that matter?
Hi Pawel, hm, I know of one that studied in Poland but dunno of any Polish priests over here.

Do you know any Slovak ones?
Old Jun 18, '07, 6:17 am
Prayer Warrior
Book Club Member

Are you guys reading any interesting book?
Closed Thread

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Vocations