Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Non-Catholic Religions

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Closed Thread

Old Apr 18, '07, 8:18 pm
Observing Member

Religion: catholic
Default BNP movement...has anyone have any information on them

this so called catholic organization has stated that they have the holy spirit in there organization named MAHAL INKONG, which is a person who morphs into a different form to tell the teaching of god. i have found out that they have been condemned by the roman catholic church. BNP stands for Banal Na Pag-aaral and they have different chapters all over the world most members are filipino. what worries me is that i have relatives involved in this group and i have heard from many people that it is primarly a cult.

If anyone has any information pls. let me know i am deeply worried.
Old Aug 14, '07, 3:39 pm
Observing Member

Default Re: BNP movement...has anyone have any information on them

Please beware!! Yes this is a cult! When I was a teenager, my parents got into this. I'm a Christian now and knowing the Truths about Jesus, BNP is definitely a cult that operates in demonic things. Anyone who proclaims they are a manifestation of Jesus, then they are deceived and deceiving others. The lady who says she transforms herself into Santo Nino can only be involved in demonic manifestations. If you read the Bible, then you will know that Jesus is the only way to salvation, not some lady who said she had a vision and assuming the role of Jesus.
Old Nov 24, '07, 12:24 am

The BNP movement or Banal Na Pag-aaral movement is lay ministry. We conduct retreat classes and other activities to promote the beliefs and doctrine of the Roman Catholic Church.

Banal na Pag-aaral is a Tagalog of Filipino phrase that translates into the Holy Study or the Study of God ( theology) . That is what it is , studying how to make oneself closer to God.

As to the phenomena experienced by some people in the BNP , there is nothing demonic or satanic about that . I would direct your attention to one of the very first converts of the Catholic faith that experiened God's graces in a very personal and dramatic way.

Saul of Tarsus . who later became St. Paul ,the Apostle to the Gentiles was converted by God in roughly the same way. He heard the Lord's voice and was blinded by a light , The voice and the light was neither seen nor heard by the guards that were with him.

The BNP has grown and prospered throughout the world , we have chapters in Europe , Australia, America , and Asia. We
will continue with guidance of our chairperson , Ate Salve and
with the blessings of Mahal Na Ingkong to spread the Good News
of Jesus Christ's redemptive sacrifice to all nations .

I personally ask that you reserve judgement about the BNP , until
you have attended our gatherings or classes. After all , according to an old Indian proverb , no one should judge anyone
unless you have walked a mile in her or his mocassins.

Until then may God Bless You and Yours ....
Old Nov 24, '07, 3:13 pm
Observing Member

Yes, I attended the retreats, the gatherings, saw the levitations, saw her manifest into santo nino. There's nothing in the Bible about stuff like that.
Old Nov 25, '07, 11:12 am

The phenomena in the BNP is something that occurs . If you saw something that somehow your mind cannot explain , that is God's
gift to you .

As to your claim that there is no phenomena in the Bible , please read about Saul of Tarsus , later to be known as St. Paul ..
He also saw sights and heard voices that no one around him neither saw ,nor heard . He was blinded and later became one of
the Twelve. God works in His own ways and we can never fathom some of His workings.

maybe you are confused with what you saw , your mind will try to explain it away , but in your heart ,it will always be there.

My favorite quote for momentss like these ,is this line
I don't know who to attribute to , but it is appropriate.

" FOR THOSE WHO BELIEVE, THERE IS NO EXPLANATION NECESSARY . FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT BELIEVE , THERE IS NO EXPLANATION POSSIBLE."

May God bless you and yours
Old Mar 13, '08, 10:22 pm

Religion: Catholic

What's funny is haolepino has seen the things that go on which is a gift from God, has heard of the teachings from God, but says there is nothing in the Bible about that. Well, believer112 pointed out the perfect event in the bible to rebuke that statement but let us all also remember that God can do whatever He wants whether it's in the Bible or not.
Old Apr 13, '08, 1:30 pm
Observing Member

Religion: Christian

For those of you who has seen the presence of god or the son of god and the holy spirit at such a young age but too young to understand the purpose of his being...some years down the road you'll say. "Why didn't I pay attention to listen, to believe, grow strength and have faith" instead of being skeptical. The teaching doesn't have to proved himself that he's the God the Father, Son of God, and or the Holy Spirit by showing to his people miracles or his power to move mountains and so forth.. Just as many, many years ago..it has been said and even written in the Old Book and the New Testaments was I thought enough to believe in GOD, they were there, seen it and done so in many different ways to tell us the difference of the good and evil which god only wants us to learn and choose to live ...it's real.

Just as if you can be around at the time of the apostles...is your confusions any different from them before Jesus was captured and crucified? They only believe when he resurrected and ascended in heaven but still faced with many trials as they continue to do the work Jesus asked them to fulfil. If God the son as a Holy Spirit came back on our days and introduce himself that he's the one...without an understanding and knowledge of the history?... then you can only be as confused now as all the others. The greatest gift that we now have is that we have our forefathers (that are there before us to witness) in which they shared to us what they've seen from their very eyes. It think that's a very good foundation to learn to exercise our faith in God and strengthened it by doing what's right and sharing, while doing good things for other people in need of your prayers.

For the BNP stand point...take the time to understand and listen to the sharing from everyone you meet....don't judge, because that would not be helpful for your understanding but rather close the door in believing on what they have to share who they are...and not of the BNP with Mahal na Ingkong--Ate Salve and so forth. The miracles are its within the eyes and the heart of each person you'll touch or would touch you if you care to listen for a moment. In time you'll learn your faith in so many different ways to reflect your experiences....because god is so busy right now that there are others out there are still seriously in need of him. Some may be are blessed enough for him to show his miracles and other just have enough faith to know him...while your investing your faith wisely and dearly to share God to others. That's why we're chosen to instill that faith and grow with all our brothers/sisters to make a difference.

It was over twenty two years ago when I was first introduced to the BNP. I was in Class 21, in the Bay Area, Concord..I kept in touch for a little while and then went away.. I was also young at the time and skeptical about what I'm experiencing which didn't know much of my direction what to believe in- regardless of kind a religion even though I was born, educated and raised catholics. But little I can't forget those joyful experience (grace) I have with all thousands of my brothers/sisters in the BNP. I missed them so much too. But with Mahal Na Inkong-Jesus Christ, we're still far from over and we will meet again some day when my invitation is receive at a point in time and place for celebrations.

God will do his work in many ways...with all our Saints we pray.

Prayers to all,
Stjames_18
Old Apr 13, '08, 2:00 pm
Observing Member

Believer112: I've been away for so long and I have no contact with anyone since 1992.

/Stjames_18
BNP Class 21, Concord, CA. "Under The Grace of God."

Quote:
Originally Posted by believer112 View Post
The BNP movement or Banal Na Pag-aaral movement is lay ministry. We conduct retreat classes and other activities to promote the beliefs and doctrine of the Roman Catholic Church.

Banal na Pag-aaral is a Tagalog of Filipino phrase that translates into the Holy Study or the Study of God ( theology) . That is what it is , studying how to make oneself closer to God.

As to the phenomena experienced by some people in the BNP , there is nothing demonic or satanic about that . I would direct your attention to one of the very first converts of the Catholic faith that experiened God's graces in a very personal and dramatic way.

Saul of Tarsus . who later became St. Paul ,the Apostle to the Gentiles was converted by God in roughly the same way. He heard the Lord's voice and was blinded by a light , The voice and the light was neither seen nor heard by the guards that were with him.

The BNP has grown and prospered throughout the world , we have chapters in Europe , Australia, America , and Asia. We
will continue with guidance of our chairperson , Ate Salve and
with the blessings of Mahal Na Ingkong to spread the Good News
of Jesus Christ's redemptive sacrifice to all nations .

I personally ask that you reserve judgement about the BNP , until
you have attended our gatherings or classes. After all , according to an old Indian proverb , no one should judge anyone
unless you have walked a mile in her or his mocassins.

Until then may God Bless You and Yours ....
Old Apr 15, '08, 12:17 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjames_18 View Post
Believer112: I've been away for so long and I have no contact with anyone since 1992.

/Stjames_18
BNP Class 21, Concord, CA. "Under The Grace of God."
Welcome Back .
If you haven't been arround since 1992 , you sure missed a lot ,
Since then , through the leadership of Ate Salve and the unmerited graces of Mahal na Ingkong the BNP has not only grown in numbers in America ,but we have grown also in Europe and Asia . Through the continuing efforts of Ate , the BNP not only built a retreat house ( the BNP House of Prayer ) , but also
recently inaugurated the BNP Cultural and Arts Center (CAC)

The latest celebration starting with a Mass at the BNP House of Prayer on April 8, 2008 and ending with a Grand Ultreya last weekend , celebrated the BNP's 25th year in America ( silver jubilee) . The Most Reverend Dr. Anthony Devotta .DD . a bishop
from India concelebrated a Holy Mass at the BNP CAC .

The BNP will also be celebrating this coming week the start of
the Mission in the Philippines. The BNP will comemorate 40 years
as a mission.

There is a lot more I would like to share with you , but those are the most recent milestones in the BNP .
Please feel free to contact the BNP House of Prayer .
We are located in Ontario, California and we are listed as the
Banal na Pag-aaral .
In behalf of the BNP family I would like to invite you to visit or
call us and we will put you in touch with the BNP community
in your area . There are 3 very active BNP chapters in the
Bay Area ( Richmond , San Francisco and San Jose )
Old Apr 15, '08, 9:10 pm
Observing Member

Bro.

I would like to exchange numbers and info with you here but I think it's only appropriate if you can send me an e-mail and I will reply to you there.

[email protected]

Do you know Merwyn Montenegro, in L.A and the Edera's Family?

I'm sure they still remember me.

Prayers/
Bro. James
Old Apr 15, '08, 9:40 pm
Prayer Warrior

I believe it was Paul who wrote that we are to "test the spirits." If it doesn't stand up to the bible test, then stay away from it. And it sounds to me like the BNP bit needs a lot of testing to show it's real face.
Old Apr 15, '08, 11:23 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy Beth View Post
I believe it was Paul who wrote that we are to "test the spirits." If it doesn't stand up to the bible test, then stay away from it. And it sounds to me like the BNP bit needs a lot of testing to show it's real face.
Please clarify what test you mean , as far as i know there are no tests in the Holy Bible. The only people who refer to tests are those who believe in the false doctrine of sola scriptura and or
solo scriptura . Both of these are not accepted as valid in the Catholic Church. I f you are referring to these doctrines , that would be another thread.
Old Apr 16, '08, 6:51 am
Prayer Warrior

I guess what I meant was, how does it hold up to what the scripture and the church teaches. I wish I knew where that one verse is, I'd qoute if I could. That's a big problem for me, thinking of a verse yet unable to back it up in context!!
Old Apr 22, '08, 11:16 pm

BNP claims Mahal na Ingkong is Jesus Christ. Mahal na Ingkong means Beloved Grandfather. Jesus Christ has no grandfather. I think BNP is creating the Fourth God which is Ate Salve. BNP believes Ate Salve is the Fourth God who has the in-dwelling of the Holy Spirit. From what I understand Ate Salve had multiple husbands and her present last name is Stewart. I am very worried about my family who had joined this movement. I believed they had been brainwashed.
Old Apr 23, '08, 9:02 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbayherc View Post
BNP claims Mahal na Ingkong is Jesus Christ. Mahal na Ingkong means Beloved Grandfather. Jesus Christ has no grandfather. I think BNP is creating the Fourth God which is Ate Salve. BNP believes Ate Salve is the Fourth God who has the in-dwelling of the Holy Spirit. From what I understand Ate Salve had multiple husbands and her present last name is Stewart. I am very worried about my family who had joined this movement. I believed they had been brainwashed.
You were or are misinformed about who Mahal Na Ingkong is and his role in the BNP. The answer is complicated and simple at the same time and as such it would take a very long answer and I will not address it here

The BNP does not revere or consider Ate Salve as GOD !!!
She holds a unique place in the movement because she is the
founder and acting chairperson on the Banal Na Pag-aaral.

For your edification , Ate Salve has had one previous marriage .
That marriage was annulled in the Catholic Church ( you can check the records if you wish to, ) . She has since married
and the ceremony was held in a Catholic church and sacramentally blessed.

As to brainwashing , our retreat classes last for one weekend, the participants are free to leave if they wish to. I don't understand how you or anyone could consider a retreat class as
brainwashing. Maybe what you see in your family is God's graces
working in their lives. Try this test, did your family change after the retreat classes ? If they did , did the change make them closer to GOD? Were they more forgiving ? Are they more aware of any hurt that their actions might cause to other people ? If these are the changes that you perceive , don't worry , it is God's graces working for the betterment of their lives.

There are a lot of errors, misinformation and misconceptions about the BNP and its mission. You should get the whole story
first before spreading anything about the BNP. Better yet if you are able why don't you attend a retreat and see for yourself.

May God bless you and yours

Last edited by believer112; Apr 23, '08 at 9:17 am.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Non-Catholic Religions