Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Oct 30, '08, 7:23 pm

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: stigmata

My mind is currently drawing a blank on the guys name but he was from Utah. I met him and he had stigmata. He said it definately hurt. When I went to one of his talks he would let you come up and see it. He would hold your rosary and it would smell like roses afterwards. I got in line to see him and when my turn came up I asked him if I could touch the wounds on his hands. He said yes but asked that I be gentle due to the pain. I touched the wounds and it felt like dried blood. This guy had seen many doctors when he first received the stigmata. He then went through a conversion and was receiving messages from our Blessed Mother. He was kind of scary to listen to as the news was not good as far as the future. He died a few months after I saw him. He was not church approved and I did not see him in the church but at a home. I do believe some parishes were allowing him to appear at the church but mine was not one of them. I know there are videos out there of him. He also would receive the wounds of scourging around Easter.

I AM A LITTLE TICKED I CANT REMEMBER HIS NAME.

When I remember the name I will post it in here. He had a website to. I believe it is still up. He was building a house of prayer in Utah.
Old Oct 31, '08, 8:15 pm

Religion: catholic

When I was a teenager, I spent the summer in Germany with my parents to visit my relatives there. My parents' hometown was not too far from where the Bavarian Stigmatist, Therese Neumann of Konnersreuth lived.

One day my parents, a cousin and I drove to Konnersreuth because my parents wished to meet Therese. We arrived in the town and went to the parish rectory where we met the priest and asked if we could meet Therese Neumann. The priest sent for her as she was out in the fields working. She was a simple country woman and did ordinary things.

Anyway, she came soon after and we were introduced. She showed us her hands where we could see the dried scab of blood about the size of a dime. My speaking German was not very good but I could understand the conversation. I wish now that I had asked questions but I was shy.

Therese gave us several holy cards, one of which she had signed. This was back in the early 1950's. I think she died in the 1960's... not sure. She is on the early stages of the canonization track.
Old Nov 1, '08, 2:30 am

Religion: Catholic

Rebound from me
Old Nov 1, '08, 2:35 am

Cobblers!

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Apologetics