Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > In The News > World News

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Nov 17, '08, 5:32 am
Banned

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: My Name...In The Gay "Enemy List"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalo View Post
I sure hope CAF takes extra measure to protect our identities here. Wouldn't want a surprise visit by some activists.
Bring it on.
Old Nov 17, '08, 6:31 am
Book Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eucharisted View Post
Read the rest here.

Folks, if this isn't a sign that the gay movement is out to harm individuals and shun those whom it consideres "anti-gay", than I don't know what is.
Let them bring it on. This just shows the world who these people are. I'm surprised they haven't started forcibly sodomizing religious leaders and proponents of Prop 8 yet to make their 'point'. i.e. homosexualist terrorism.
Old Nov 17, '08, 6:34 am

Religion: catholic

the epidemic of perverted lifestyles of lesbians and homosexuals i believe is unstopable because its legitimacy is constitutional.
Old Nov 17, '08, 6:57 am
Forum Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cival View Post
the epidemic of perverted lifestyles of lesbians and homosexuals i believe is unstopable because its legitimacy is constitutional.
It is not a civil rights issue.

The right to privacy is the issue that opened the door. But, what happens behind closed doors is now out in the public.

"We are not some casual and meaningless product of evolution. Each of us is a thought of God."

“Science presupposes the trustworthy, intelligent structure of matter, the ‘design’ of creation.”

"A man of conscience, is one who never acquires tolerance, well- being, success, public standing, and approval on the part of prevailing opinion, at the expense of truth."
Pope Benedict XVI

Old Nov 17, '08, 7:23 am
Radio Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale_M View Post
We still haven't seen any evidence of a blacklist to begin with. All we know is that some websites have put online the list of who donated for Proposition8 and who donated against it.
I'm thinking more of a potential here. It is illegal to discriminate on the basis of religion or (in California) sexual orientation. But it is NOT illegal to discriminate, as far as I know on the basis of politics.
So if you go after people (presumably many of them religious) who were pro-Prop 8) and those who were anti (presumably many of them gay) you have an interesting situation.

Folks may not realise it but once you step into the political arena you are in the fight. In the US public figures are pretty much fair game and I won't say they can't sue for libel (however outrageous) it is damn near impossible. By donating to a campaign, protesting, signing a petition or even writing a letter to the editor you make yourself a public figure just as much as any presidential candidate.

Old Nov 17, '08, 1:12 pm
Book Club Member

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lisa-d..._b_142882.html

"Actress Susan Egan who appeared as Belle in the original Broadway production of Beauty and the Beast has written her support of boycotting Sacramento's California Music Theatre/Sacramento Music Circus over issues surrounding the passage of PropH8. The theater's artistic director Scott Eckern, who is Mormon, contributed of $1000 in support of California's divisive Proposition 8 which eliminated marriage rights for gay couples."

The theater director in question has resigned over his support of Prop 8.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/cult...-blowback.html

"Among those weighing in with dismay over Scott Eckern's donation are Tony winners Jeff Whitty, who wrote the book for "Avenue Q," and Marc Shaiman, composer and co-lyricist of "Hairspray." Shaiman said Tuesday that he phoned Eckern on Friday to protest, then e-mailed more than 1,000 contacts to alert them about the donation."
Old Nov 17, '08, 3:03 pm
Banned

Religion: Latin Rite Catholic

At least you get to vote on it.In my country the activist supreme court took that decision away from the people and IMPOSED so-called gay marriage on the rest of us.It is also the reason that Canada has NO abortion law.The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court also engineered the notorious abortionst Dr.Morgentaler's receipt of the Order of Canada.

Your country is in the midst of a war between the Culture of Death and the Culture of Life.I believe that there WILL be persecution of believers and others who respect Life.The persecution will be incremental if you are not vigilant and don't push back.
Old Nov 17, '08, 4:14 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by siamesecat View Post
If Prop 8 were repealed, I assume it would be on the grounds that it violates civil rights, and therefore a public vote does not matter (this is done to protect minorities - i.e., if you left the desegregation debate up to the Alabama voters, they would not have passed it, but the US federal government protected blacks as a minority because the law was interpreted as giving them civil rights they were entitled to regardless of public opinion), or if you argue it is invalid because people misunderstood the question (that would be VERY hard to prove). So I don't see how this relates to Obama....unless it was proven the election was illegitimate, in which case I'd assume he'd be removed, but there's no significant evidence for that, so I don't see how the 2 issues correlate.
McCain supporters are in the minority. Therefore, if a minority was being discriminated against by the passage of Prop 8, then so were McCain supports.
I'm feeling discriminated against. And all the Obama supporters hate me and it's proven by the fact that they didn't let me get my way. After all, being conservative is genetic and now it is a minority. And to beat it all, I'm in the lower-income ($30k or less) bracket and a millionaire is now in control of me and he's of a different race to add. I demand my rights! I'm being discriminated against! Anyone that disagrees with me is not being tolerant and is just full of hate!

sarcasm...anyway...

http://www.christianapp.org/

+ + +
Recordare, Iesu pie,
quid sum causa tuae viae,
ne me perdas illa die.
Old Nov 17, '08, 6:21 pm
Banned

If Christians can protest against PepsiCo, Disney and Planned Parenthood. Gays and pro-choicers can protest against the Mormon Church, and the Catholic Church and whoever else.

Otherwise it is hypocrisy. No individual is being harassed. Of course there will be individual gays who do bad things, but to paint all gays with a broad brush and put them in a monolithin "The Gay" camp is prejudice.

If churches want to be free to criticize, they should not protest when they are criticized. It goes both ways.
Old Nov 17, '08, 7:43 pm
Book Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfhh View Post
If Christians can protest against PepsiCo, Disney and Planned Parenthood. Gays and pro-choicers can protest against the Mormon Church, and the Catholic Church and whoever else.

Otherwise it is hypocrisy. No individual is being harassed. Of course there will be individual gays who do bad things, but to paint all gays with a broad brush and put them in a monolithin "The Gay" camp is prejudice.

If churches want to be free to criticize, they should not protest when they are criticized. It goes both ways.
Oh, so you think we should get the list of people who gave money to "No on prop 8" and picket their workplaces and businesses? Like gay bars, for example?
Old Nov 17, '08, 8:13 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil_Anthony View Post
Oh, so you think we should get the list of people who gave money to "No on prop 8" and picket their workplaces and businesses? Like gay bars, for example?
I don't think anyone should be protesting anyone, personally.

I'm just saying if you protest, you shouldn't complain when people protest you.
Old Nov 17, '08, 8:17 pm
Book Club Member

Quote:
I don't think anyone should be protesting anyone, personally.

I'm just saying if you protest, you shouldn't complain when people protest you.
Yes and what I'm saying is that the way we protest and the way they protest aren't equal. We aren't picketing where the gays work to make them lose their jobs. We aren't picketing gay bars or gay businesses, and we aren't beating up gay old ladies.

You made it sound like they were just doing back to us what we do to them. It's not a fair characterization.
Old Nov 17, '08, 8:34 pm
Banned

Quote:
Yes and what I'm saying is that the way we protest and the way they protest aren't equal. We aren't picketing where the gays work to make them lose their jobs. We aren't picketing gay bars or gay businesses, and we aren't beating up gay old ladies.

You made it sound like they were just doing back to us what we do to them. It's not a fair characterization.
When you boycott companies then you make people lose jobs. Less revenue may mean they have to cut costs, including jobs.
Old Nov 17, '08, 8:48 pm
Book Club Member

Quote:
When you boycott companies then you make people lose jobs. Less revenue may mean they have to cut costs, including jobs.
So, you're saying that the tactics are the same. So, since the gays are picketing churches, we can picket their businesses and recreational places. Thank you for explaining why that's ok. And here all this time I thought it would be wrong to harass individual gays over their political beliefs.

(p.s., think about it a bit, if people switch from Pepsi to Coke, the sales and jobs move from one company to another. we aren't targetting individuals)
Old Nov 17, '08, 8:51 pm
Banned

Quote:
So, you're saying that the tactics are the same. So, since the gays are picketing churches, we can picket their businesses and recreational places. Thank you for explaining why that's ok. And here all this time I thought it would be wrong to harass individual gays over their political beliefs.

(p.s., think about it a bit, if people switch from Pepsi to Coke, the sales and jobs move from one company to another. we aren't targetting individuals)
I already told you. I don't support any protesting or picketing or boycotting period. I do support things like letter writing or other constructive and peaceful things. I do support political campaigns, etc. But violence, be it physical or social, I do not support.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > In The News > World News