Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Non-Catholic Religions

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Closed Thread

Old Apr 5, '09, 2:29 pm

Religion: catholic
Default Re: B.N.P.? They claim to be Catholic ... anyone know?

SUMMARY OF BANAL NA PAG-AARAL (BNP); THEIR TEACHINGS AND METHODS
(By Rev. Fr. Nicasio Cruz, S.J., 1991) (Edited, commented upon and translated by Rev. Fr. Benjamin Fama. The original document seems to have been intended only for Filipino priests who know Tagalog. For clarity and fuller understanding of the whole document, it was necessary to translate some parts in Tagalog to English and to comment on it.)
(On October 5, 1995, the Vice-Chancellor of the Archdiocese of Manila, Rev Fr. Clemente Ignacio, wrote that Fr. Nicasio Cruz of Ateneo De Manila University “is the most knowledgeable priest in the Archdiocese of Manila with matters to BNP. (He)... was with the association for eighteen years and became a member of the commission (in the Philippines) that investigated the BNP (Letter to Rev. Fr .Benjamin Fama, October 5, 1994) For a few years, Fr. Cruz tried to redirect the misguided BNP, under the leadership of Mrs. Salve Carreon, to the Catholic Church, The BNP refused.).

The teachings of Banal na Pag-aaral (Sacred or Holy Study) are given during the course of a weekend retreat called “Panawagan (invitation)” and patterned after the Cursillo. The rollos (15 in all) dwell mostly on the highly emotional life testimonies of the rollistas (their “conversions” through “Mahal na Ingkong” (Revered Ancient One)). The success of a rollo is measured by the amount of tears shed and loud manifestations of guilt uttered by the candidates. Some rollos run for two or more hours. There is no time given for quiet reflection. The atmosphere is one of darkness, quiet and fear. The candidates are allowed only for two or three hours of sleep during the night.
The central point of all the rollos is the experience of Mahal na Ingkong. The candidates are brainwashed into believing that Mahal na Ingkong is God himself or Jesus Christ.
One effect of the BNP retreat can be to bring the participants back to active participation in their parishes. But they come back to parish life with BNP theology solidly implanted in them. During their vigil of the Blessed Sacrament, the BNP members place an empty chair in the sanctuary near or beside the altar. This chair is supposed to be reserved for Mahal na Ingkong. Oftentimes, the BNP adorers kneel in front of this chair instead of adoring the Blessed Sacrament.
The BNP phenomenon, Mrs. Salve Carreon as Ingkong, occurs in an atmosphere of lowered resistance and in total darkness. Salve as Ingkong appears to change her appearance, size and voice. In private audiences with her chosen followers, she as Ingkong demands total commitment (including financial support) and inspires fear and guilt by alluding in general terms to the individual’s past transgression. She also uses magic words found in the Book of Sacred Magic by Abra-Melin, a book on occultism.

Among the specific doctrinal teachings that BNP members seem unequipped to recognize as contradictory to Catholic teaching are the following:

1. That Mahal na Ingkong is the presence of God, moving in and possessing the body of Salve Carreon, speaking and acting through her. She has no control over the phenomenon. (Spiritism or Spiritualism is common in certain areas of the Philippines. Spiritism is a belief that the dead communicate with living, usually through a medium. Sometimes, not always, the medium becomes unconscious, in a state of ecstasy, when the spirit of the dead takes over the living body of the medium. Then the spirit speaks, even using the mannerisms of the dead who was summoned. The medium is said to be no longer in control of her voice, actions, etc. A case of bodily possession. It is also called necromancy in Scripture. King Saul did something that was strongly condemned and rebuked in the bible (Dt. 18:10-11, Is 8:19), he consulted the medium of Endor to communicate with Samuel, the great holy prophet of God (1Sam 28:7-19). Some spiritualists in the Philippines become a medium not only for the ordinary dead people of the past, but also for the saintly dead, like St. Mary Magdalene, St. Joseph, St. Teresa of Avila, the Blessed Virgin Mary, etc. Others even claim to be mediums for the Infant of Prague, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
That Mrs. Salve Carreon claims to be a medium for Jesus Christ or God IS NOT SOMETHING NEW OR ORIGINAL. It is absolutely devastating and dangerous for her followers because she claiming to be the holiest of God’s medium, has absolute control over some areas of their lives, like spiritual life, marriages, new beliefs, finances, etc.)

2. That the birthday of Jesus Christ/Ingkong is celebrated on October 23 and Salve in the guise of Mahal na Ingkong is seen as Jesus Christ’s second incarnation (coming into flesh) on earth.

3. That the Twelve Tribes of Israel according to Salve/Ingkong are: The Blessed Tribes: Judah= Philippines; Simeon= Israel; Levi= Catholic Priest; Issachar= Finland; Joseph=USA, Britain; Benjamin= Iceland, Norway. The Cursed Tribes; Reuben= France; Gad= Switzerland; Asher= Belgium, Luxemburg; Naphtali= Sweden; Dan= Ireland; Zebulun= Holland.

In compliance with Canon 301, after a thorough and exhaustive investigation and inquiries, the Manila Archdiocesan Commission on Visions and Phenomena recommends the total banning of Banal na Pag-aaral headed by Mrs. Salve Carreon alias Mrs. Remedios B. Rios Stewart for the following reasons:
1.0 UNORTHODOX TEACHINGS
1.1 Salve Carreon as Mahal na Ingkong is the Second Coming of the Son of God on earth.
1.2 Salve as God is worthy of worship and adoration.
1.3 The next Testament of the Bible will be the Story of the BNP and Salve Carreon.
1.4 At the end of the world, those who will be saved will be mostly BNP graduates.
1.5 The Catholic Church will be replaced by Banal na Pag-aaral.
1.6 Encountering Mahal na Ingkong in the person of Ate Salve is far superior to the presence of Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament.
1.7 Serving as staff or auxiliaries during the mission classes excuses from Sunday Mass obligation.
1.8 The real birthday of Jesus as Mahal na Ingkong is October 23.
1.9 The woman crowned with twelve stars in the Book of Revelations refers to Salve Carreon.
1.10 “The phenomenon,” Mahal na Ingkong, demands complete surrender of the BNP followers will to the will of Mahal na Ingkong. It leads to family disintegration, divorces and even loss of property.
Old Apr 5, '09, 2:49 pm

CONTINUATION OF:
SUMMARY OF BANAL NA PAG-AARAL (BNP); THEIR TEACHINGS AND METHODS (By Rev. Fr. Nicasio Cruz, S.J., 1991)

2.0 QUESTIONABLE RITUALS
2.1 The empty chair reserved for Ingkong/Salve placed in the Sanctuary is venerated as sacred and given sometimes the same acts of adoration given to the Blessed Sacrament.
2.2 Ingkong/Salve “consecrates” bread and wine and distributes “communion” to his “alagads (disciples)” and staff in a very dark room filled with incense in utmost secrecy. Ordinary BNP members are not privileged to attend this ritual.
2.3 During Holy Saturday, there is an early dawn ritual wherein supposedly risen Christ/Ingkong/Salve sits on his throne. She is surrounded by children dressed as angels. She receives the homage and veneration of the BNP members.
2.4 Salve as Ingkong, dressed in white robe, lies on the floor of the chapel. It is a reenactment of the “Santo Entierro (Spanish: holy burial).” She receives the veneration of the BNP members.

3.0 BLACK MAGIC PRACTICES
3.1 The paper hosts called “bilog(round; host) ” with inscriptions on them are distributed to BNP members on Good Friday as a cure for sickness or ill fortune (copy from: The Book of Sacred magic, Abra-Melin).
3.2 The use of incantation: “Sator,” “Arepo,” “Tenet,” “Opera,” “Rotas,” together with the distorted version of the Magnificat- to ward off evil, etc. (copy from: The Book of Sacred Magic, Abra-Melin)

4.0 RELATIONSHIP WITH THE CHURCH
4.1 Salve refuses to revise the BNP teaching to conform to the doctrines of the Church (cf. Letter of the Archbishop of San Francisco to his priests, October 12, 1989)
4.2 Salve claims Mahal na Ingkong is superior heirarchy and the Church (copy from: Salve’s letter to Fr. Nicasio Cruz, S.J.).
4.3 The “Tripod” on which the BNP is firmly based is Mahal na Ingkong, Salve and the Missions. The BNP disassociates itself from the Church.
4.4 Mahal na Ingkong is non-negotiable (copy from: Letter of BNP council to the Archbishop of Los Angeles, October 2, 1989).

5.0 THE PHENOMENON- MAHAL NA INGKONG-IS NOT GOD.
5.1 Salve, through an instruction of Mahal na Ingkong, separates from her husband, Delfin.
5.2 Salve, with Ingkong’s blessing, contracts civil marriage with Estanislao Stuart in Las Vegas, Nevada.
5.4 Salve, as Ingkong, blessed the lived-in marriages, such as the case of Luz and Marianing Eloriaga’s.
5.5 Salve, using Ingkong, extracts large sums of money from wealthy members of her staff.
5.6 Salve changed her name to Remedios Bautista Rios.
5.7 Salve falsified legal documents, like her birth certificate, passport, etc., with Ingkong’s blessing.
5.8 Ingkong’s “Evangelio (Gospel)” given during ultreyas or masses she celebrates are filled with misquotations, wrong versions and distortions of Sacred Scriptures.”

a. Saul was struck blind on the road to Emmaus (Dec. 18, 1985, mass celebrated at Builder’s Office, Rowland Heights, Los Angeles).(Saul was stricken blind on the road to Damascus, and not on the road to Emmaus (acts 9:1-19; 22:4-16; 26:9-18)
b. Salve as St. Paul during that same mass on Dec. 18, 1985 said: “Sumulat ako sa mga taga-Roma, sumulat ako kay Filipo, at ako’y sumulat sa Episyo, sumulat ako sa Palestina… (I wrote to those in Rome, I wrote to Corinth. I wrote to Philip, and I wrote to Ephesus, I wrote to Palestine.) (Note that we have extant letters in the Bible of St. Paul to Rome, Corinth and Ephesus, but none to a person named Philip and to a place in Palestine). ”
c. From the same “Evangelio”, St. Paul (thru Salve) still speaking: Ako ang mga taga-usig ng mga Kristiano. Ang totoo marami na akong naipapatay na mga Carmelite monks noong panahon na iyon, naitatag ng propeta Isaias doon sa Mt. Carmel, sa Jerusalem… (I am the enquirer (or investigator) of Christians. In truth I have killed many Carmelite monks in those days, founded by prophet Isaiah at Mt. Carmel, in Jerusalem (Note that Mt Carmel is not in Jerusalem. It is located Northwest of Palestine or the present day Israel. Though the Order of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel preserves the tradition that there had always been succession of hermits on Carmel since the days of Elisha and Elijah (1Kgs 18:19-46; 2Kgs 2:25; 4:25),established historical records of the Order date back to the 12th century and their rule was given by St Albert, Patriarch of Jerusalem, 1206 to their hermits at Mt. Carmel in Palestine. Also, Isaiah was not the founder of the Carmelites. The Carmelites always identified the prophet Elijah as their founder!)”

All these actuations (and distortions of Scripture), fully documented, point to the fact that the phenomenon cannot be the work of God.
Old Apr 9, '09, 4:12 pm

Religion: Aglipayan

I was wondering why the BNP or Banal na Pag-aaral don't have an official web site like any other business establishments showing the name of CEO's and company background. I am new to BNP and there was a personal problem in between me and one BNP council member acting as mediator to handle our case at BNP Oxnard area (not an official BNP chapter yet). I dared to discuss the matter with him in writing but he never dared to respond. He prefered confronting me and tried to harass me over the phone calling me even at work during office hours.

I asked the help of other council members but they didn't bother to answer my e-mails as well. They are probably avoiding hard copies of their statements. This is the only reason I know. If I have the chance to reach Ate Salve, I will be glad to discuss with her the whole story involving this BNP council member that I am talking about. This said council member is a disciple of Mahal na Ingkong according to our BNP Fatima group leader in Oxnard. This is another misleading statement from a prayer group leader. If Mahal na Ingkong is Jesus Christ then there is no way this guy is one of Mahal na Ingkong's disciple. He threatens me that I might don't know whom I am dealing with. This was his statement in Tagalog, "Baka di mo alam ang binabangga mo". I don't really have any problem with BNP as a way to get closer to God. My only problem are the impolite people around BNP. Ate Salve or Mahal na Ingkong should not tolerate people like this one.
Old Apr 13, '09, 5:39 pm

(This is the also the typed copy of the attached file below for better reading.)

Official Seal of the Archdiocese of San Francisco”
Office of the Auxiliary Bishop
One Peter York Way, San Francisco, CA 94109-6602 (415) 614-5616 Fax (415) 614-5620

Fax Memorandum
To: All Pastors and Faithful of the Archdiocese
Date: April 4, 2007
RE: Banal Na Pag-aaral (BNP) and Father Garcia
It has been brought to my attention that a certain priest by the name of Father Ben Garcia, affiliated with the BNP, is in the Archdiocese saying Masses for the aforementioned group. In light of the new policy decreed by Archbishop Niederauer, that all priests exercising public ministry in the Archdiocese will require faculties, I am, therefore, calling the attention of the Catholic Faithful to refrain from attending Fr. Garcia’s services or that of any other priests coming to the Archdiocese without any faculties. When in doubt, consult the Chancery.
In this connection, I would also like to mention that the BNP, which originated in Manila, Philippines, has been banned to operate in the Archdiocese of Manila and subsequently, in many dioceses of the United States, including the Archdiocese of San Francisco, as per letter of the then Archbishop of San Francisco, John R. Quinn, dated October 12, 1989, addressed to all Pastors. The letter says, inter alia, “as of October 12, 1989, no BNP activities are permitted to be held in any church facilities within the Archdiocese.” To my recollection, that has not been changed, although it has been reported that the group is still operating in a couple of parishes. This must be stopped without delay. (For any questions, you may contact my office or Monsignor Fred Bitanga or Monsignor Floro Arcamo.)
We pray that the Resin Lord will bless and guide us all.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf FAX archdioces of SF.pdf (115.4 KB, 104 views)
Old Apr 14, '09, 7:11 am
Trial Membership

Religion: Roman Catholic

Responding to Emerson, I too have asked this question to one of the BNP counsel members (Nevada) and received a similar result, it seems that what would be considered normal practice for a religious movement, and gesture of good faith (remaining transparent) in the business world is something taboo in this organization, it felt like I would have gotten a better response if I had asked a mafia boss for their business info or structure. In my field of business this is a common response you get if an organization or a person has something to hide. Irregardless, I have been following this organization for some time now, they have recently changed business info (again). If you read this thread through, you start to see a pattern emerge, firstly its not a catholic organization, secondly its self serving, and finally it uses deception to recruit new members (mostly of the Filipino race) claiming to be something that its not. This is too bad I like the people I have met there, but because of their lack of obedience to the church and the priests that represent it, says to me that there is something wrong. Which is to say for me it feels like a cult or sect, I talked to my parish priest and he reminded me of an old saying, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....then its a duck.
Old Apr 14, '09, 7:26 am

To BNP Adorer,

You were asking me my contact number and me and my wife and the rest of the BNP Fatima group of Oxnard can share some stories with you. My observation is most of the members of this paryer group are just after the Rosary and they are quiet when staff members from BNP come to Oxnard and do their sharing during Friday vigils. They spend more talking, socializing, eating and pray only thirty minutes or less at the Blessed Sacrament. My phone number is (805) 760-4454. Please feel free to call me anytime. Me and my wife will be glad to meet you and share both sides of our story in the name of BNP.

Thank you,
Emerson
Old May 28, '09, 3:34 am
Trial Membership

Religion: Catholic

How is it not a cult? Personally, I went to a BNP retreat (January 29-31, Class 56, Richmond, CA, under the grace of "God"/Ate Salve), and everything they were saying was sounded decent. They had these meetings called "Rollios" which they preached God's beliefs and whatnot, and that was all fine and good. Emotions were running high; there were more than thirty guys at the retreat, and all of us were getting really into it. We cried and laughed together. They saved the really weird stuff for the end. They started talking about how some lady was possessed by Jesus. Jesus doesn't possess people. Demons, ghosts, and some aliens do. I've heard the same "Jesus is in me" spiel from several Filipino "Catholic" organizations, and the only thing differing from group to group is that it's a different old Filipino lady. I have a friend who calls himself Catholic, but when you believe that some old Filipino lady can turn into Jesus, that doesn't really click together very well.

Don't get me wrong; the folks in the BNP are really nice people and have big hearts. Unfortunately, that doesn't change the fact that the BNP is a brainwashing cult, and nothing more. I speak this from firsthand experience. I was seventeen years old at the time of the retreat, and am now twenty. I have no plans on going back.

If the Archdiocese of San Bernadino was misinformed about the way the BNP operates, then how come the decision to ban true Catholics from attendance hasn't been repealed? It's a cult, in the most rudimentary sense of the word.
Old May 28, '09, 10:54 am

Religion: Calvary Chapel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerson View Post
I was wondering why the BNP or Banal na Pag-aaral don't have an official web site like any other business establishments showing the name of CEO's and company background. I am new to BNP and there was a personal problem in between me and one BNP council member acting as mediator to handle our case at BNP Oxnard area (not an official BNP chapter yet). I dared to discuss the matter with him in writing but he never dared to respond. He prefered confronting me and tried to harass me over the phone calling me even at work during office hours.

I asked the help of other council members but they didn't bother to answer my e-mails as well. They are probably avoiding hard copies of their statements. This is the only reason I know. If I have the chance to reach Ate Salve, I will be glad to discuss with her the whole story involving this BNP council member that I am talking about. This said council member is a disciple of Mahal na Ingkong according to our BNP Fatima group leader in Oxnard. This is another misleading statement from a prayer group leader. If Mahal na Ingkong is Jesus Christ then there is no way this guy is one of Mahal na Ingkong's disciple. He threatens me that I might don't know whom I am dealing with. This was his statement in Tagalog, "Baka di mo alam ang binabangga mo". I don't really have any problem with BNP as a way to get closer to God. My only problem are the impolite people around BNP. Ate Salve or Mahal na Ingkong should not tolerate people like this one.
Old May 28, '09, 3:01 pm

Greating and Peace to you all from our Christ Jesus:

K C asked if we can disobey the Bishop? I will simply response by asking CAN YOU DO GOOD ON A SABATH?

I hope the scripture will shed light this issue.

Yours in Christ Jesus: Rommelh
Old May 28, '09, 3:09 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AteSalve View Post
How is it not a cult? Personally, I went to a BNP retreat (January 29-31, Class 56, Richmond, CA, under the grace of "God"/Ate Salve), and everything they were saying was sounded decent. They had these meetings called "Rollios" which they preached God's beliefs and whatnot, and that was all fine and good. Emotions were running high; there were more than thirty guys at the retreat, and all of us were getting really into it. We cried and laughed together. They saved the really weird stuff for the end. They started talking about how some lady was possessed by Jesus. Jesus doesn't possess people. Demons, ghosts, and some aliens do. I've heard the same "Jesus is in me" spiel from several Filipino "Catholic" organizations, and the only thing differing from group to group is that it's a different old Filipino lady. I have a friend who calls himself Catholic, but when you believe that some old Filipino lady can turn into Jesus, that doesn't really click together very well.

Don't get me wrong; the folks in the BNP are really nice people and have big hearts. Unfortunately, that doesn't change the fact that the BNP is a brainwashing cult, and nothing more. I speak this from firsthand experience. I was seventeen years old at the time of the retreat, and am now twenty. I have no plans on going back.

If the Archdiocese of San Bernadino was misinformed about the way the BNP operates, then how come the decision to ban true Catholics from attendance hasn't been repealed? It's a cult, in the most rudimentary sense of the word.
Old May 28, '09, 3:41 pm

Dear Brother in Christ Jesus: I probably served in your Class at Richmond. Just like you I have not been with the BNP for ages but I do not condemn nor Judge the BNP. I reserve such notion to our GOD alone. My experiences with the BNP for 13 years were all good. Why Leave? I did not for in spirit I am still a BNP! BNP is not an entity but a way of Life.
To bring you some light to the issue, Just like the movie ANgels and Demons it reveals some Church dark days but does it means the Church is Bad? Of Course not for the real intention of Our Mother Church is to bring us back to CHRIST. As a scripture reader, protestant are barking on why the Catholics have Idols and it is condemned by JEHOVAH GOD... PSALM 115 will describe our idols.
BUt if you will go back in the history of the Church, People back then does not have the education and brain capacity that we now have. How can they explain the GOD who they can't see to people who does not have the capacity or the education. They have to create a medium in whom we now call Statue or Picture. The intention of the Mother Church was all good but people with their history of stuborness replaces thier worship to One True GOd with thier Idols! Just like the time of Moses, after seeing what GOD has done first hand they still created a golden Idol! Now the issue is, are catholic a CULT? of course!!!! You should look at the definition of a cult and you will find yourself as a CULTIST! The bottom line is .... does this cult I belong to bring me back closer to GOd? Does this Cult I belong to tell me to Love my Enemies? Finally does this Cult I belong to changed me from within? If your answer is Yes then in the ACTS of the apostle one of the deciple cited to JESUS that there were people claiming to be one of them but not and what should we do about it? (paraphrasing) JESUS asked what do they say? they replied- they are using your name to cast out demons and evil spirits! JESUS then replied Let them be!!!!
The Moral lesson on this story is that if anyone USES the name of JESUS for good CHRIST does not have an issue on it!!!!
So brother, since you were a graduate from BNP and left, Is your spiritual life better than before? if it is then GODSPEED... if not then you need to re examine yourself.
One advice though, reserve JUDGEMENT to our GOD for we are not called to Judge but to Obey.

Yours in Christ Jesus,
Brother Rommelh
Old May 28, '09, 4:19 pm

Dear Brother in Christ Jesus,
First I would like to apologize for the Council's action towards your issue. I am sure it was a misunderstanding and it is always two side in the coin! BUt being a leader He should have known better.
To answer you concern about the website, BNP does not have because BNP is not business entity and does not advertise. Just like JESUS back then does not have adorn garments nor blow horn to tell people I AM Here! If you really want to see Him you have to go to him and He is not too hard to find. BNP is not hard to find they are everywhere and the main place is in ONTARIO California. I am sure you have been there if you are a member. I suggest you should go there and there are councils who can accommodate you.
In my years in the BNP I have meet some good people and other not so good but this is the training ground for me for I need to learn to love the people who are unloveable. See in the BNP it is between YOU and GOD - no pointing fingers nor scape goating. You must be responsible for your own actions. To be safe and in line, you must read the WORD of GOD and that's where it will all begins. PSALM 1 says " Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the wicked, Nor standeth in the way of sinners, Nor sitteth in the seat of scoffers: BUT his DELIGHT is in the WORD of GOD" and in HIS LAW doth he meditates day and night. Now in your issue, GOD put this UNLOVEABLE people to bring the BEST in YOU.... Remember PEOPLE meant BAD for you but GOD meant it for GOOD. So the Moral lesson in your issue was that what was GOD teaching you in this circumstances? Did you pass His Test?

JOSEPH was sold by his brothers and was jailed, beaten and accussed but in the end HE was one of the most Blessed and Powerful man in EGYPT! GENESIS 50
How did Joseph do it? It's all about ATTITUDE and his PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD.
So my dear brother to be the real follower of CHRIST LOVE the UNLOVEABLE!!! Sorry we don't have a choice!

Blessings and Peace to you and your Family:
Brother Rommelh

Last edited by rommelh; May 28, '09 at 4:31 pm.
Old May 29, '09, 9:48 am

Religion: Catholic
Send a message via AIM to sail1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by frowacp View Post
A list of cults recorded at "Cult Awareness Network, Inc." includes BNP or Banal Na Pag-aaral as one of them.....

lefawe
Unfortunately the Cult Awareness Network, which came to be after the Jim Jones situation and used to be a good resource can no longer be relied upon. They were litigated into bankrupcy by the Church of Scientology who bought up their name and files from the bankrupcy court. Anyone contacting them for assistance will be speaking to a Scientologist.

lefawe: Your posts on this forum are a pleasure to read. You've essentially backed believer112 into a corner with your knowledge and logic. I have contacted the Archdiocese of Manila regarding the cult (and there is no doubt in my mind that it is just that. A floating, shrinking, glowing divorced Filipino woman? Yeah, that's just how I imagined Jesus' second coming. Not! Jesus was perfect when he was here the first time and will be perfect when he returns.) When I hear back from Manila I will post their reply. Either way, any movement that claims to be Catholic yet causes Catholics to become estranged from the sacraments is not from God but rather from Satan.

The following is from a bulletin of the St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Society of San Bernadino dated November 2008. All BNPer's please note that you have in effect excommunicated yoursefl from the sacraments by your continued participation in this cult.

BANAL NA PAG-AARAL (BNP)
MOVEMENT
This is to reiterate the fact the Bishop Gerald Barnes of
San Bernardino has banned this movement in the Diocese
since 1994 and that the Catholic faithful are prohibited
from joining the BNP. This statement is issued because
this movement has been recruiting new members within
the premises of St. Paul the Apostle Church. It is NOT a
Catholic organization for their teachings are incompatible
with Catholic doctrine. They have deceptively used
Catholic practices such as the Cursillo, Adoration of the
Blessed Sacrament, Block Rosary to recruit new members.
When they built their church on Riverside Dr. in Ontario,
CA, they filed with the Superior Court of California,
County of Los Angeles in Long Beach, and claimed to be
a separate church with Estanislao Hokson Stuart as their
pastor.
This movement and its teachings have been thoroughly
studied by the Catholic Church and have been banned by
the late Jaime Cardinal Sin of Manila and the Diocese of
Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago and New York
among others. Catholics are duty-bound to obey the magisterium,
the teachings of the Catholic Church through the
bishops who are successors of the apostles.
The claims of the leaders that the movement is approved
by Rome are FALSE. Members of the BNP by their action
excommunicate themselves form the Catholic
Church .

Here's a link to the PDF version of the above:
http://www.seascc-ont.org/bulletins/...tin_081116.pdf
Old Jun 8, '09, 4:04 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rommelh View Post
Dear Brother in Christ Jesus,
First I would like to apologize for the Council's action towards your issue. I am sure it was a misunderstanding and it is always two side in the coin! BUt being a leader He should have known better.
To answer you concern about the website, BNP does not have because BNP is not business entity and does not advertise. Just like JESUS back then does not have adorn garments nor blow horn to tell people I AM Here! If you really want to see Him you have to go to him and He is not too hard to find. BNP is not hard to find they are everywhere and the main place is in ONTARIO California. I am sure you have been there if you are a member. I suggest you should go there and there are councils who can accommodate you.
In my years in the BNP I have meet some good people and other not so good but this is the training ground for me for I need to learn to love the people who are unloveable. See in the BNP it is between YOU and GOD - no pointing fingers nor scape goating. You must be responsible for your own actions. To be safe and in line, you must read the WORD of GOD and that's where it will all begins. PSALM 1 says " Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the wicked, Nor standeth in the way of sinners, Nor sitteth in the seat of scoffers: BUT his DELIGHT is in the WORD of GOD" and in HIS LAW doth he meditates day and night. Now in your issue, GOD put this UNLOVEABLE people to bring the BEST in YOU.... Remember PEOPLE meant BAD for you but GOD meant it for GOOD. So the Moral lesson in your issue was that what was GOD teaching you in this circumstances? Did you pass His Test?

JOSEPH was sold by his brothers and was jailed, beaten and accussed but in the end HE was one of the most Blessed and Powerful man in EGYPT! GENESIS 50
How did Joseph do it? It's all about ATTITUDE and his PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD.
So my dear brother to be the real follower of CHRIST LOVE the UNLOVEABLE!!! Sorry we don't have a choice!

Blessings and Peace to you and your Family:
Brother Rommelh
Brother Rommelh,

It seems like you are the best BNP brother in Christ at BNP. I can tell you this because you responded my email. I tried some council members who are Ate Salve's inner circle but they prefer to keep quiet instead of listening to me regarding our problem here in Oxnard Fatima Group. If you feel free to meet me and let us talk then let's do it. I know you Rommelh. You are one of the performers during my Panawagan Retreat last Jan. 2008.
Try to attend Oxnard Friday vigil and ask their leader to call me and let's talk. I even want to talk to Ate Salve personally if I will be given a chance. I like BNP and some staff and council members but I hate this one and I can mention his name to you if you want to meet me in Oxnard.

Your brother in Christ,
Bro. Santino
Old Jun 9, '09, 1:04 pm

Dear Bro. Santino,
Thank you for your kind remarks and I am just doing what a real christian should do. First, I would like to share to you some insights if you don't mind. GOD allows us to have unloveble people in our lives not to make our lives miserable but to bring the best in us. He even allows our spouses and familly member to be indefferent with us not to bring divisions but to bring goodness in us. Through this we can show to the people we love that CHRIST is living in us. Remember People meant bad but GOD meant good for US. Look at the story of JOSEPH (latter part of EXODUS) His brothers were jealous of him. They plot to kill him but GOD did not allow it! He was then sold for slavery. Again they meant bad for Him but GOD meant Good!!! JOSEPH became one of the powerful man in EGYPT.
See brother, JESUS allowed this undesireble man in your lives to BRING the GOODNES in you. GOD wanted for us to Walk the Talk. CHRIST reminded us in his Scripture that "if a man slap you on your left cheek offer your right cheek also". JESUS also command us to love our enemies!!!! very very hard to do but it's a commandment! Again the bottom line is LOVE. This is how people can tell that CHRIST is in us.
With my experience with people, you can tell what a person is made of when you put him into a stressful situation compromising his personality. You will immediately see if JESUS is in him. If CHRIST is not in him then it is our duty to show him how by responding in a LOVING and KIND words. We also need to pray for him. Believe me brother if our attitude is like that, we will not feel any ill feelings towards any of our brothers and sisters. Even our relationship at home will change.
One final thing, I have learned that WHAT i WANT i should do. Not she or they will do for me. I want Understanding then be understanding. I want patience then be patient. I want to be love then LOVE. In short it is better to GIVE than to RECEIVE and be peaceful. In JESUS Sermon on the mount HE said" Blesses are those who are PEACEMAKERS for they will shall be called the SONS of GOD". (Mathew 5).
Brother Start a personal relationship with GOD by reading his WORDS. The evil one wants us not to read the BIBLE because if we know the WORD of GOD he has no power over us. PLUS the weakness of GOD is to a person who know HIS WORDS. WHY? Imagine when the day comes for us to come home with the LORD," He will ask us why should I let you to my kingdom?" You can boldly say well LORD you promised and said with your WORDS that whoever believes in CHRIST JESUS(YOU) will not perished but inherit the KINGDOM of GOD! JOHN 3:16 and follow up with a childish word of YOU said it not i!
I truly believe that GOD will just say WELCOME HOME!!!

GOD bless my brother and keep the FAITH ... the product of our FAITH is GOOD WORKS (Letter of JAMES)_.
I encourage you to pick the BIBLE and start learning his promises to us. When GOD promise, HE is incapable of BREAKING it.

Last edited by rommelh; Jun 9, '09 at 1:21 pm.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Non-Catholic Religions