Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Archive > Archive > Conclave: 2005

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Apr 5, '05, 4:43 pm

Religion: Catholic
Default 62% of Catholics want change.

News Flash

A new poll shows that 62% of all American Catholics want the next pope to relax the Church's position on the natural laws. "Freedom isn't freedom if we are continuously being suppressed by these laws," says Renee Nosalot. The poll shows the majority of Catholic want to be able to live without the restraints of the natural laws. "We need to be able to have the freedom to walk off a building and not have to worry about fall down," protests Albert Needsmore. "I lot of my friends want to walk on water as well. After all, its in the Bible. The Bible says Jesus walked on water and levitated, didn't He?".......blah, blah, blah

Sounds ridiculous? Well, if it doesn't work for the natural laws, it certainly won't work for the moral laws.

The absence of morality leads to the enslavement of laws. -- Me

Servent of God, Fr. Capodanno, pray for him.

When you sell out Christ, evil has it's hour.
Old Apr 5, '05, 4:46 pm
Forum Elder

Religion: Unreformed
Default Re: 62% of Catholics want change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-McD
blah, blah, blah
I understand the blah blah blah, but the part about changing stuff? Ha! Let em want.
Old Apr 5, '05, 4:57 pm

Religion: Catholic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thankfully in the 2000 year church history it didn't change when the people whined.

RCIA Class of 2005
Old Apr 5, '05, 5:25 pm

Waa-aaa-ah! Want some cheese with that whine? Join the Episcopal church for crying out loud! These people are becoming so TEDIOUS!
Old Apr 5, '05, 5:29 pm

Do these people think that this is the first time in 2000 years that people wanted change, that they thought their time was too complex? The only difference is they would have been formally excommunicated back in the day.
Old Apr 5, '05, 5:45 pm
Forum Supporter
Book Club Member

Come on Holy Spirit, do you best work PLEASE!!!!!
I'm saved (Eph 2:58), being saved (1Cor 1:8), and hope I'll be saved (1Cor 3:1215). I'm working out my salvation in fear (Phil 2:12), with hopeful confidence in Christ (Rom 5:2).

Old Apr 5, '05, 5:48 pm
Veteran Member

Religion: Roman Catholic

62% of Catholics need to get over themselves.
Old Apr 5, '05, 5:49 pm
Forum Master

Religion: Catholic in the Byzantine RIte of the Ruthenian tradition

I would like to know WHO made up the poll and WHO they gave IT to?

The only 'chance' they will get is from the grocery store anfter cashing a $20.

Apparently we need to give 'these Catholics' the virture of Charity and try to explain to them that what they want is not so.
If they leave the Church, then they weren't Catholics to begin with.
Old Apr 5, '05, 5:53 pm

Religion: Catholic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These are probably the same 62% that can't get their butt out of bed on Sunday morning and go to mass.

RCIA Class of 2005
Old Apr 5, '05, 5:56 pm
Resigned

Religion: Roman Catholic

62% of American Catholics want all 100% of the homosexual Priests out of the Church; 62% of American Catholics want a return to the full 100% Tridentine Mass; and 62% of American Catholics want to dump the 1970 New Mass! So yes we want change!
Old Apr 5, '05, 6:02 pm
Forum Master

Religion: Catholic in the Byzantine RIte of the Ruthenian tradition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Walker
62% of American Catholics want all 100% of the homosexual Priests out of the Church; 62% of American Catholics want a return to the full 100% Tridentine Mass; and 62% of American Catholics want to dump the 1970 New Mass! So yes we want change!
As long as the 'change' IS toward the True One Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, then I'm for it!
Old Apr 5, '05, 6:06 pm
Forum Master
Book Club Member

Religion: Byzantine Ruthenian "Traditional" Catholic
Lightbulb Re: 62% of Catholics want change.

I find it very humorous that Catholics in America think they are the Church.

There are far more Catholics worldwide than there are in America.
Old Apr 5, '05, 6:07 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKirkLVNV
62% of Catholics need to get over themselves.

I love it!!! I say we do some seeding and pray the Holy Spirit does some sowing. I love the church and and everything it stands for,so we could be in for a big fight.

God Bless
Kathleen
Old Apr 5, '05, 6:11 pm
Banned

Religion: Catholic, Latin (Roman) Rite

Catholics already have total religious freedom..... if they only understood that Freedom is the ability to do what is right.

The 62% seem to think that freedom is the ability to do what you want, right or wrong.
Old Apr 5, '05, 6:21 pm

Send a message via MSN to Windmill

I have an opinion about this whole phenomenon that we are seeing witht he media in this country and the papal election. Feel free to share this whenever you are having your chats by the water cooler.

In this country, image is everything. Politicians and businessmen are scared to death that the media will label them as oppressive, antiquarian, chauvanistic, anti-woman, stupid, etc....

Ever since the Watergate scandal, the average person's image of the media has been that of "knights in shining armor who expose the corrupt leaders for who they are". In this mode, the media has taken their role WAY too seriously and have fallen into a sort of McCarthyism whereby insinuation and innuendo serve as proof of fraud. Media victims are assumed guilty until proven innocent (and even then, there are no retractions of the slander you see in the tabloids).

So, the media has come to ASSUME that everyone will bend under their implicit threats of "exposure", even if there is no grounding in the media's characterization of the person. They love that power and use it to effect change - for good or bad.

Now you have the Catholic Church. It's a multinational organization THAT COULD CARE LESS about what the American press says about them. The Church is not accountable to the press (much less, the AMERICAN press), but rather to God. They feel no need to justify themselves or defend themselves against false accusations coming from these reporters. They feel no need to answer the media's call for allowing women to be ordained, abortion and contraception to be okay, and democracy to be the form of church government.

And here's the key: THE AMERICAN REPORTERS ARE STUPIFIED AS TO WHAT TO DO ABOUT THAT. They are so used to getting a change with their persistent efforts. So, they are ignoring those faithful priests and lay Catholics that say, "The popes are beneath the doctrines of the Church and have no authority to allow things like women priests, birth control, and abortion." They are persisiting in their efforts and setting up expectations for the next pope because THAT'S ALL THEY KNOW HOW TO DO. However, they can't see that they are setting up false expectations that can never be fulfilled. They can't see it because they simply expect the Church to cave at some point.

It really is entertaining to have these guys interview a priest who says, "It CAN'T happen at ALL," and the very next thing they say is, "Stay tuned for our next guest as we further discuss these issues which the next pope will have to address."

I personally love it. My wife is forever frustrated by it.

BTW, you really haven't seen ANYTHING yet. When the conclave starts, get ready. They will find every dissenting group out there and flaunt them around as "the typical catholic in America".

Do you doubt me? Let's see in 2 weeks. You know it's true.

Rich

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Archive > Archive > Conclave: 2005