Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Oct 21, '09, 8:33 am
Prayer Warrior

Religion: roman catholic
Default hedge prayers and hedge of thorns

how do i pray hedge prayers and pray a hedge of thorns around somebody?

gentle jesus have mercy on the dying, and assist and save them and grant them eternal salvation and everlasting life in heaven.

gentle jesus have mercy on the holy souls in purgatory and grant them, relief and deliverance from purgatory.
Old Oct 21, '09, 8:41 am
Forum Elder

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: hedge prayers and hedge of thorns

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGELIC PEACE View Post
how do i pray hedge prayers and pray a hedge of thorns around somebody?

Hedge Prayer for Protection of Household

[The "Hedge Prayer of Protection" is one of the most powerful prayers in the arsenal of spiritual warfare. We learn from Job that God has placed a "hedge of protection" around his children that Satan cannot cross except that God allows it (or as we allow it).

It should be noted, as it is with all prayer, the Hedge Prayer of Protection is not a magic bullet. There are no guarantees that the Hedge surrounding us cannot be breached. We can allow Satan and his demons to breach the Hedge by our carelessness of leaving the gate open, through direct or indirect invitation to the demons, through sins of commission and omission, through holes left unrepaired after sins are confessed and forgiven, through ancestral afflictions, etc. Even if there are no other reasons, God may allow demons to breach the hedge, as He did with Job, for purposes of testing, learning, or other Divine Reasons that only God may know.

And the LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered my servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, who fears God and turns away from evil?" Then Satan answered the LORD, "Does Job fear God for nought? Hast thou not put a hedge about him and his house and all that he has, on every side? Thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his possessions have increased in the land. --Job 1:8-10]

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you men of double mind. -- James 4:7-8

Trusting in the promise that whatever we ask the Father in Jesus' name He will do, I(we) now approach You Father with confidence in Our Lord's words and in Your infinite power and love for me(us) and for our household and family, and with the intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God, the Blessed Apostles Peter and Paul, Blessed Archangel Michael, my(our) guardian angel(s) and the guardian angels of our household and family, with all the saints and angels of heaven, and Holy in the power of His blessed Name, as ask you Father to protect our household and its members and keep us from the harassment of the devil and his minions.

Father I(we) ask in desire to serve You and adore You and to live our lives for You that You build a hedge of protection around our household, like that which surrounded Job, and to help us to keep that hedge repaired and the gate locked so that the devil and his minions have no access or means to breach the hedge except by your expressed will.

Father, I(we) am(are) powerless against the spiritual forces of evil and recognize my(our) utter dependence on You and Your power. Look with mercy upon me(us) and upon our household and family. Do not look upon our sins, O Lord; rather, look at the sufferings of your Beloved Son and see the Victim who's bitter passion and death has reconciled us to You. By the victory of the cross, protect us from all evil and rebuke any evil spirits who wish to attack, influence, or breach Your hedge of protection in any way. Send them back to Hell and fortify Your Hedge for our protection by the blood of Your Son, Jesus. Send your Holy Angels to watch over us and protect us.

Father, all of these things I(we) ask in the most holy name of Jesus Christ, Your Son. Thank you, Father, for hearing my(our) prayer. I(we) love You, I(we) worship You, I(we) thank You and I(we) trust in You. Amen.
Old Oct 21, '09, 8:47 am
Prayer Warrior

how do i pray a hedge of thorns

gentle jesus have mercy on the dying, and assist and save them and grant them eternal salvation and everlasting life in heaven.

gentle jesus have mercy on the holy souls in purgatory and grant them, relief and deliverance from purgatory.
Old Oct 21, '09, 10:55 am

Religion: Roman Catholic

Please see the St. Michael Spiritual Warfare Catalog (where I think the previous poster may have gotten that particular prayer, though I am not totally sure.) There are many prayers there, though please be sure to read the "purpose" note at the beginning before you start. God bless you!

Set thyself, O Faithful Virgin, as a seal upon my heart, that in thee and through thee I may be found faithful to God. ~St. Louis de Montfort
Old Oct 21, '09, 11:59 am

The best prayer is the Mass. The perfect prayer is the Our Father. And after that, the Hail Mary.
Old Oct 21, '09, 2:20 pm
Prayer Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGELIC PEACE View Post
how do i pray a hedge of thorns
This might be the prayer you're looking for:

Hedge Prayer for Return of a Wayward Person

Here's another version of this prayer for one's spouse:

Hedge Prayer for Return of a Wayward Spouse
Old Oct 23, '09, 9:02 am
Prayer Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycmarie View Post
This might be the prayer you're looking for:

Hedge Prayer for Return of a Wayward Person

Here's another version of this prayer for one's spouse:

Hedge Prayer for Return of a Wayward Spouse

thanks....

thats what i wanted

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality