Catholic FAQ


Latest Threads
newest posts



Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Evangelization
 

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search Thread Display
  #16  
Old Sep 22, '09, 7:40 pm
desireofmyheart desireofmyheart is offline
Observing Member
 
Join Date: December 12, 2007
Posts: 3
Religion: protestant
Default Re: Video on Chastity by Pam Stenzel- heard of it or her?

Yes, I have seen Pam Stenzel in person. Heard her talk to a church group one time. She has a very powerful message for kids, talks on their level about the risks of sexual activity outside the design God has give us, for our own happiness and health.
I have a 12 year old daughter and she is in a Catholic school now, but all prior years was homeschooled and then in a protestant Christian school. I know, just from what she has told me, in her sheltered life, that Pam doesn't say anything that the kids haven't heard about sex. Well, no that's not true. She tells them the truth about the sexually transmitted diseases that are out there. The real danger of getting your heart broken, and that it's normal to have feelings for someone that you engange in intimate behavior with. The kids now, just call it "hooking up." They have sex for fun and wonder why they feel sad when they connect with that person, and feel bad about it later. They are confused , not knowing that is a normal part of human relationships. She does a good job of speaking their language. She has to be "in their face" because children's brains do not develop the part that has the fear, and ability to relate cause and effect, and understand how their actions have impact on their futures, until they are around 20 years of age, or older.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old Nov 16, '09, 11:02 am
Journeyman Journeyman is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 24, 2004
Posts: 220
Default Re: Video on Chastity by Pam Stenzel- heard of it or her?

Pam Stenzel is Catholic. She converted to Catholicism a few years primarily due to the Church teachings on the Theology of the Body and its leadership within the pro-life cause.
__________________
Journeyman
On that journey of Faith!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old Nov 16, '09, 12:10 pm
kage_ar kage_ar is offline
Veteran Member
Book Club Member
 
Join Date: August 2, 2004
Posts: 12,863
Religion: Catholic - Convert RCIA class of 1998
Default Re: Video on Chastity by Pam Stenzel- heard of it or her?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post
Pam Stenzel is Catholic. She converted to Catholicism a few years primarily due to the Church teachings on the Theology of the Body and its leadership within the pro-life cause.
Then she is deeeeepppp undercover as a Catholic. Not a word, not a peep on her website or any of her publicity info.

Encourage her to make this public!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old Nov 17, '09, 9:31 am
catechizeme catechizeme is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: July 12, 2007
Posts: 116
Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Video on Chastity by Pam Stenzel- heard of it or her?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post
Pam Stenzel is Catholic. She converted to Catholicism a few years primarily due to the Church teachings on the Theology of the Body and its leadership within the pro-life cause.
Where did you learn this? I haven't been able to find any info.

Wonder if she's on Facebook? wonder if she lists herself as Catholic?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old Nov 20, '09, 7:14 am
Journeyman Journeyman is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 24, 2004
Posts: 220
Default Re: Video on Chastity by Pam Stenzel- heard of it or her?

Quote:
Originally Posted by catechizeme View Post
Where did you learn this? I haven't been able to find any info.

Wonder if she's on Facebook? wonder if she lists herself as Catholic?
She said she converted to Catholicism during a talk to teens and parents. This talk was at a Catholic church. I think she does not mention it on her website etc... since she does not want to deter public schools and other secular institutions from asking her to speak. She apparently has a speech that she gives in public schools where she can't reference God.
__________________
Journeyman
On that journey of Faith!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old Nov 20, '09, 7:39 am
kage_ar kage_ar is offline
Veteran Member
Book Club Member
 
Join Date: August 2, 2004
Posts: 12,863
Religion: Catholic - Convert RCIA class of 1998
Default Re: Video on Chastity by Pam Stenzel- heard of it or her?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post
She said she converted to Catholicism during a talk to teens and parents. This talk was at a Catholic church. I think she does not mention it on her website etc... since she does not want to deter public schools and other secular institutions from asking her to speak. She apparently has a speech that she gives in public schools where she can't reference God.


Let's hear it for the courageous Catholic chastity speakers who are NOT ashamed!!

http://www.teresatomeo.com/ Teresa Tomeo

http://www.sexrespect.com/ Colleen Kelly Mast

http://www.chastity.com/node/27 Jason Everett

Michele TePas http://www.youthapostles.com/chastity.html

Michele Fleming

Angela Santero

Mandy Erskine

Matthew Malek

Erika Toraya

Rocky Rhoades

Jennifer Roback Morse, Ph.D



and others http://www.thegorettigroup.org/speakers.htm
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old Nov 20, '09, 1:48 pm
Journeyman Journeyman is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 24, 2004
Posts: 220
Default Re: Video on Chastity by Pam Stenzel- heard of it or her?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kage_ar View Post
Let's hear it for the courageous Catholic chastity speakers who are NOT ashamed!!
kage---are you saying that Pam Stenzel is ashamed of being Catholic? If so, how can you possibly know that. I for one have no problem with her not advertising that she is Catholic on her website. There are probably a lot of public schools that would not have her talk if she advertised her faith, because in case you aren't aware of it, there are quite a few people who would protest a Christian speaker coming to their school district to talk about abstinence since they would be afraid that she would mix faith in with her message. And then she would not be able to talk to as many kids in public schools and the audiences of her talks would be greatly diminished.
__________________
Journeyman
On that journey of Faith!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old Nov 22, '09, 1:21 pm
kage_ar kage_ar is offline
Veteran Member
Book Club Member
 
Join Date: August 2, 2004
Posts: 12,863
Religion: Catholic - Convert RCIA class of 1998
Default Re: Video on Chastity by Pam Stenzel- heard of it or her?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post
kage---are you saying that Pam Stenzel is ashamed of being Catholic? If so, how can you possibly know that. I for one have no problem with her not advertising that she is Catholic on her website. There are probably a lot of public schools that would not have her talk if she advertised her faith, because in case you aren't aware of it, there are quite a few people who would protest a Christian speaker coming to their school district to talk about abstinence since they would be afraid that she would mix faith in with her message. And then she would not be able to talk to as many kids in public schools and the audiences of her talks would be greatly diminished.
Yes, if this speaker does not state one teeny peep about being Catholic in any of her public materials it demonstrates that they are trying to hide their Catholicism.

From all public appearances, this speaker is not Catholic.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Evangelization

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search Thread
Search Thread:

Advanced Search
Display

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



Prayer Intentions

Most Active Groups
8379Meet and talk,talk talk
Last by: svid2
5104CAF Prayer Warriors Support Group
Last by: Vim71
4417Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother
Last by: daughterstm
4037OCD/Scrupulosity Group
Last by: eschator83
3859SOLITUDE
Last by: Prairie Rose
3698Let's empty Purgatory
Last by: daughterstm
3269Poems and Reflections
Last by: PathWalker
3266Petitions Before the Blessed Sacrament
Last by: Amiciel
3218Catholic Vegetarians & Vegans
Last by: memphian
3094For seniors and shut- ins
Last by: flower lady



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 3:51 am.

Home RSS Feeds - Home - Archive - Top

Copyright © 2004-2014, Catholic Answers.