What do you Fore-See For this Pontificate?
1. There is an interesting point to be made on his choice of Title
He goes back to a Pre-Vatican II Title. He does not continue with Paul VII or JP III or John XXIV. But at least back to 1920's or maybe far before that. It will be difficult to pick which Benedict he is trying to emulate. It may NOT be the XVth.
1. Will he be a prolific writer as JPII or more of a behind-the-scenses doer.?
2. Will he quietly replace many positions without a lot of fan-fare? And by so doing, send his intended message by act and not so much by written pleadings.
3. Will he quietly cleanup the seminaries and renegade Bishoprics?
Personally, I see him as a "quiet executioner" where several bold moves will send the message of His intent to the remaining that may still be salvageable.
4. Europe will receive a great amount of attention in rebuilding a viable Church from the ashes. Wherein America / Australia will "get the message".
5. Re-stress the virtue of obedience vs JPII's more "suggestive" or indirect even benign approach to dissidents.
6. Close out the Homosexual stranglehold on the Western Episcpate.
7. Stop the further destruction of landmark Churches by NOT approving "moderniztions" that obliterate their Catholicity.
8. VAT II wil be important, but not the be-all end-all as in JPII. More references will be made to former Councils and Popes in his writings.Thus revealing a rise in orthodoxy over "aggiornamento"
9. A potent effort to bring the SSPX back into the Church by removing ambiguities that concern the SSPX . Turning them into Allies for the spreading of TLM styled Masses in the NOM.
(Latin, high-masses, kneeling, etc.)
10. A much wider offering of the TLM by edict more than suggestion. Hence, part of the dimise of "unlimited collegiality".
11. He will test how deep the Traditional strain of Catholicism still flows in the Church. He knows that is where the stongest loyalty to Mother Church lies...Trads. and conservatives.
That's my take.
But, I long to know WHICH Benedict will be his mentor!
=>To destroy a Religion, you must first sever its traditions.
Liberalism :A mental disorder wherein the Illogical becomes completely logical with no lasting effect on the conscience.