Catholic FAQ

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Non-Catholic Religions

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Closed Thread

Old Dec 25, '09, 6:35 am
Banned

Religion: An Céli Dé
Send a message via Skype™ to PeterClatworthy
Default Re: Catholic Church and freemasonary?

QUESTION 2: How do you account for your ludicrous claim that "regular" freemasonry" was self started at a meeting in the tiny back room of a London drinking den on the 24th June 1717?

Perhaps you should publish their records or their minutes?

Quote:
"It is to be regretted that the records of the "Four Old Lodges" do not antedate those of the 'Grand Lodge', they brought into existence, as fortunately happens in the case of the single lodge which blossomed into the 'Grand Lodge of all England, held at York,' " (SOURCE: The History of Freemasonry, Vol. IV by Robert Freke Gould, 1884)
Quote:
"No records of any of the "Four Old Lodges" have been made known of a date prior to the London Grand Lodge era ..." (SOURCE: Freemasonry in the Early 1600's and 1700's by W.J. Hughan, Leicester, 25th January 1904)
Quote:
"Who will show me the Mother Lodge? Those of London we have discovered to be self-erected in 1716. Ask for their archives. They tell you they were burnt. They have nothing but the wretched sophistication of the Englishman Anderson and the Frenchman Desagulliers. (SOURCE: Freemasonry - Its Pretensions Exposed In Faithful Extracts Of Its Standard Authors, 1828)
Quote:
"The reality is that we have no written documents about the foundation of the first Grand Lodge in 1717, no evidence that the members of the four lodges meeting at the Goose and Gridiron Tavern were the successors of the operative stonemasonry which transmitted them its rituals. John Hamill (Chief Librarian of The United Grand Lodge of England) says that "the analysis of the context in England at 1717 demonstrates that the operative lodges had disappeared since a long time. Whatever the four London lodges were at that time, it is established that they could not have been the successors of the Stonemasons' Lodges". (SOURCE: The Scottish Key. An Investigation into the Origins of Freemasonry, by Tristan Bourlard and François De Smet, SimonGo! Productions, 2007)
I always provide sourced reliable and independent attributions and quotations for anything that I post here and elsewhere, unlike Mr King.

Now if you are going to bandy words with me Mr King, you should know that you have chosen to bandy words with some of the finest academic brains in the United Kingdom. I am not alone here. You, Mr King, are clearly NOT an academic brain.

You should stick to what you know best, your own personal website where you can spread your calumnies whikst at the same tine denying the right of reply to all those whom you seek to abuse and libel.

Unsubstantiated? I don't believe so Mr King. I am afraid that due to your own dishonesty and folly, you are now thoroughly exposed for what you are. A user, a taker, an abuser, and a desparately frightened and lonely man.

I will pray for the redemption of your soul today.

Last edited by PeterClatworthy; Dec 25, '09 at 6:54 am.
Old Dec 25, '09, 6:41 am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameburns623 View Post
There is a very good reason why Catholics cannot be Freemasons: the Church has expressly forbidden any membership in any Masonic order.

There is a difference to be noted between so-called British or traditional Freemasonry and Continental or Grand Orient Masonry: the latter are militantly secularistic, often anti-Catholic, sometimes anti-Semitic. The former are not explicitly so. The ban against Masonry tends to be one-sided: most lodges will accept Catholic members; however this does NOT give Catholics the right to disobey the legitimate authority of their Church to forbid membership.

Nevertheless, the issue has been explored by the Church, and the Church has made clear that it does not distinguish in it's interdict against Masonry between variant forms of the movement.

Catholics cannot be Freemasons. If they join knowing this is forbidden, they have committed mortal sin and are in effect out of communion with the Church until they repent and demit from the order.
You are both right and wrong on this important issue. There is a CLEAR and UNAMBIGUOUS description of the freemasonry that is banned. By definition it could NOT have been the Free Masonrie of The Grand Lodge of All England. Totally impossible.

If you would like to exhibit the detailed description of the "naturalistic religion" that is the strictly Moderns version of freemasonry, it will explain why this is the case. There is no doubt.

"Freemasonry" is not religious "Free Masonrie". Nowhere is there a ban on "Free Masonrie", the foundation of the Roman Catholic Church. To deny religious "Free Masonrie" is also a direct denial of your own religious faith. Two Saints have been our Grand Masters: St Dunstan and St Edward the Confessor. How do you account for this?
Old Dec 25, '09, 11:01 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterClatworthy View Post
Mr King,

The vast majority of the World, outside the United States of America is far too educated and knowledgeable of world history to take you seriously. Your website is riddled with mistakes, false claims, innuendo, and libelous attacks on all and sundry.
Goodness, Peter. You do get your nickers in a twist over these things. Rather than tossing around scurrilous charges, you might want to point out some SPECIFIC errors that I've made. You won't because you can't.

Your 'interpretations' of history are enough to make knowledgeable Masonic scholars roll over laughing.

Quote:
With it you have elevated folly to new heights by suggesting that one of England's most important kings, King Athelstan, the first Bretwalda, and his brother Prince Edwin of York are myths! Why would a supposedly intelligent man have so deliberately contrived to demonstrate such a powerful public display of crass ignorance but due to evil intent?

Why are you such a bitter and frightened man Ed? You have nothing to fear from debating the issues that matter here, rather than trying to concentrate your efforts upon practiced personal abuse and obfuscation.
In one paragraph, I'm "supposedly intelligent" while in the next, I'm "bitter and frightened". It's really kind of funny but the reality is that the reader can see through your foolishness. I might also mention that you're probably also pushing the forum rules of behavior. Might want to read that part about personal insults, eh?

Quote:
The essential difference between your freemasonry and our Free Masonrie is that your freemasonry is very modern and purely symbolic. Ours is not. We actually practice the ancient religion, which dates from time immemorial.
Of course, you didn't discover that you were part of this so-called "Free Masonrie" (which, for the viewing public, means absolutely nothing!) until just two or three months ago, did you? Why for the first two years your website was online, there wasn't a SINGLE MENTION of it but now, as you desperately struggle to get folks interested (when all they have to do is Google the group and they find my site). If anyone wants to verify what I've written, all they need do is check archive.org. It's all there for 2006 and 2007.

Quote:
We revived the Fellowship of Free Masonrie in December 2005, nothing else. Inner, or Templar Free Masonrie has never ceased, and has been practiced uninterrupted since time immemorial. As a matter of recorded fact, I was baptised under the Holy and Royal Arch, on the 23rd of June 1948 and then ordained a priest on the 24th June 1969. Generations of my family have also been so baptised and so ordained. John Gordon Graves (Grand Master of All Free Masons) and Richard Young (Chancellor) have similar backgrounds.
<ROFL> That's truly hilarious.

Incidentally, I notice that you've ignored my question about membership. At least the renegate "Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints" under Warren Jetts has about 9,000 members. How many do YOU have? NINE? THREE? (It seems yours and the other two are the only ones who're ever talked about anywhere: what's up with THAT? Afraid to share the limelight with others - or no others to share it with?

Thus, making a big deal about what your group things is no different than some children's tree house club deciding that the world is flat. Nobody cares, really!

Quote:
Your "symbolic" freemasonry is in fact the Invisible College of the Rosicrucians, a product of Baruch Spinoza's Enlightenment. This is why it was and is banned and condemned by almost every respectable religion on this planet, especially, but not exclusively the Roman Catholic Church, our own Céli Dé religion, and the entire world of Islam.

Your form of freemasonry, the one that is banned by the Catholic Church, was self started by non-Masons in the back room of a London pub in 1717 (the so-called Grand Lodge of London). This is NOT a matter of dispute.
Where things occurred some three centuries ago really isn't at issue here, except for you to attempt to denigrate. You do that so very well, Peter: I think folks can see....

Quote:
Our religious Free Masonrie is an historical fact, in EXACTLY the same way that the reign of King Athelstan and his brother Prince Edwin are historical facts. Our religious Free Masonrie is firmly based in the Abbeys, Cathedrals and Churches of Europe. Our Grand Lodge has met in the Crypt of the York Minster for many hundreds of years and it continues so to do.

To be continued ...
All three of you, eh? It is to laugh....

Ed King
Webmaster - masonicinfo.com Anti-Masonry: Points of View
Old Dec 25, '09, 11:23 pm

Quote:
No lather Mr King, cold hard facts, whether you like it or not.

The first fact is that you have not a clue about our, or anyone else's Free Masonrie, and that situation will continue until you are no more.
We'll see.

Or maybe you'll go into another hiatus for 900 years. Frankly, I'm not making book on your longevity.

Quote:
I told you on this forum, that we, the Holy Order, simply reinstated the Fellowship of the Craft, or Outer Orders of Free Masonrie on the 10th December 2005. This took place in the Crypt of the York Minster and in the sight of God.

The priestly, ordained Holy Order has never ceased, and has continued uninterrupted since time immemorial.
Oh, good grief. You REALLY believe this stuff, don't you? Your Messianic complex seems to have kicked in totally. Bizarre....

Quote:
I was baptised in the Holy and Royal Arch (something that you have never had in the Moderns form of freemasonry) on the 23rd June 1948 and ordained on the 24th June 1961 at the age of 21 years.
So you're a pensioner who's looking desperately to garner a shred of attention from a world that has passed you buy. SEVENTY YEARS OLD! You really should update that picture of yours.... <ROFL>

Quote:
However, although you do not know what you are talking about, this does not stop you from spewing your vitriol and I am sure that all here have noticed that you NEVER deal with the issues, preferering innuendo, falsehood, allegation and other forms of un-called for ad hominem attacks. Irrational fear causes this where there is such insecurity.

So let's get to it shall we?
Oh - and those aren't attacks, eh? I see....

Quote:
Perhaps, before you make a fool of yourself, you should ask John Hamill, the Chief Librarian of the Moderns United Grand Lodge of England, to explain his "gaff" in the press last month where he let it slip that your "higher orders" of freemasonry pre-date 1717, are "above" the 33rd degree of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, are not a part of the Moderns UGLE system, or connected to it or "the Master Mason".
This is nothing more than 'inside baseball', folks. Mr. Clatworthy, spinning like a whirling dervish, attempts to obfuscate at every turn. It's also worth noting that Mr. Clatworthy has no idea whatsoever what I know and what I don't - and that a number of Masonic organizations (REAL ones that have existed for 50 years or more) have seen fit to honor me with various awards and accolades, something the elderly Mr. Clatworthy obviously seems truly jealous of.

He is, of course, a member of these secret Moderns "higher orders", but of course you do not know about them. These "higher orders" are merely the "symbolic" version of THE Holy Order which pre-dates the one that pre-dates the Moderns "symbolic" version, carefully hdden from its members, including you, and your American Grand Lodges.

Quote:
You have not a clue about true Free Masonrie, its history, or its membership. You will see from the secrecy of your own mother "Grand Lodge" that not even they will tell you what it is, or what they get up to behind their closed doors. Closed to you that is.

The membership of our priesthood is, as you know, a matter for us. Nobody, except the governing council of The Holy Order knows the membership of The Holy Order of Free Masonrie, and that is how it will renmain. So, when you make your silly uneducated guesses, you simply prove yourself to be a charlatan and an ignoramus.

Continued on the next posting ...
Oh, the name calling. Golly. That REALLY enhances your case.

Hiding behind a bunch of fancy names and titles doesn't help in this matter either. You couldn't muster a hundred people on a sunny day in May. Heck, the local geocaching clubs probably get a far larger turnout than you and your two mates do.

Stop pretending, Peter - or head back to the David Icke forum where you've thrown up (and I used the term advisedly) over FOUR THOUSAND POSTS. Must be awfully quiet for you there in the office of the Grand Secretary (a/k/a your dining room table).

I'm wondering, by the way, when you're going to threaten a lawsuit again. Have you told the folks about THAT? Perhaps they might find it enlightening.

Or perhaps you can tell them how desperate you were for recognition from the Commission on Recognition of the Grand Masters of North America and then, when they saw through your silliness, you've decided that it was unimportant.

Yes, I'm sure everyone here wants to learn about ALL of these things, peppered with selected insults from a seventy-year old. It is to laugh.

Ed King
Webmaster masonicinfo.com Anti-Masonry: Points of View
And for more information about Mr. Clatworthy's completely unrecognized pub club, see http://www.masonicinfo.com/glae.htm
Old Dec 25, '09, 11:31 pm

Quote:
I always provide sourced reliable and independent attributions and quotations for anything that I post here and elsewhere, unlike Mr King.

Now if you are going to bandy words with me Mr King, you should know that you have chosen to bandy words with some of the finest academic brains in the United Kingdom. I am not alone here. You, Mr King, are clearly NOT an academic brain.
I'll bet everyone reading this is now going to be SO totally impressed.

Good thing that there's national health care there in the U.K. since you're going to be doing a lot of tending to that ripped shoulder muscle from patting yourself on the back so hard and often.

Quote:
You should stick to what you know best, your own personal website where you can spread your calumnies whikst at the same tine denying the right of reply to all those whom you seek to abuse and libel.
You can CERTAINLY have a right of reply on my website, Mr. Clatworthy, providing, of course, I have the same opportunity on yours! Deal?

Quote:
Unsubstantiated? I don't believe so Mr King. I am afraid that due to your own dishonesty and folly, you are now thoroughly exposed for what you are. A user, a taker, an abuser, and a desparately frightened and lonely man.

I will pray for the redemption of your soul today.
<ROFL> That and twenty cents....

I think that the reading public has probably had quite enough of your preening and prancing. How long are you going to bore them prostituting for your little pub club?

Ed King
Old Dec 26, '09, 8:17 am
Banned

Many words Ed, but you say nothing.

Elias Ashmole?

Yes or no.
Old Dec 26, '09, 7:23 pm

Quote:
Many words Ed, but you say nothing.

Elias Ashmole?

Yes or no.
Really, Peter: anyone can see I've said FAR more than you have, although I've used a LOT fewer electrons. Nobody here gives a tinker's damn about your trying to count the number of angels dancing on the head of a pin. It's a puerile attempt to 'score points' without even realizing how utterly foolish you look.

That notwithstanding, since the ONLY official and binding documents of Freemasonry are those adopted by the Grand Lodge in which one is a member, I would defy you to identify the naming of ANYONE involved in the foundation of Freemasonry contained in an official document of my Grand Lodge.

Ooooppppsssss.... Gotcha!

Your attempts to claim some sort of 'priesthood' and 'secret order' are really the type of things that kiddies do in a tree house - not adults in Freemasonry. Of course, a 70 year old seeking attention obviously has limited options and trying to argue the foundation of Freemasonry on catholic.com seems perfect for someone who has been referred to on Masonic forums as a Walter Mitty character. Sedevacantists would really enjoy having you on board with them: you could show them a LOT of moves, I suspect.

Oh, and the link I posted in my last message was wrong. Those wanting to read about you and your mates, now trying desperately to re-write history, should head to http://www.masonicinfo.com/allengland.htm

Ed King
Webmaster www.masonicinfo.com Anti-Masonry: Points of View
Old Dec 27, '09, 3:17 am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonicinfo View Post
Really, Peter: anyone can see I've said FAR more than you have, although I've used a LOT fewer electrons. Nobody here gives a tinker's damn about your trying to count the number of angels dancing on the head of a pin. It's a puerile attempt to 'score points' without even realizing how utterly foolish you look.

That notwithstanding, since the ONLY official and binding documents of Freemasonry are those adopted by the Grand Lodge in which one is a member, I would defy you to identify the naming of ANYONE involved in the foundation of Freemasonry contained in an official document of my Grand Lodge.

Ooooppppsssss.... Gotcha!

Your attempts to claim some sort of 'priesthood' and 'secret order' are really the type of things that kiddies do in a tree house - not adults in Freemasonry. Of course, a 70 year old seeking attention obviously has limited options and trying to argue the foundation of Freemasonry on catholic.com seems perfect for someone who has been referred to on Masonic forums as a Walter Mitty character. Sedevacantists would really enjoy having you on board with them: you could show them a LOT of moves, I suspect.

Oh, and the link I posted in my last message was wrong. Those wanting to read about you and your mates, now trying desperately to re-write history, should head to http://www.masonicinfo.com/allengland.htm

Ed King
Webmaster www.masonicinfo.com Anti-Masonry: Points of View
Self-started in the back room of a London ale-house. That is EXACTLY what I said.

Quote:
"The Earl of Crawford seems to have made the first encroachment on the jurisdiction of the Grand Lodge in the city of York, by constituting two lodges within their district; and by granting, without their consent, three deputations, one for Lancashire, a second for Durham, and a third for Northumberland., This circumstance the Grand Lodge of York highly resented ..." (SOURCE: Illustrations of Masonry by Dr William Preston, 1772)
Quote:
"In 1735, the Earl of Crawford, Grand Master of England, constituted two Lodges within the jurisdiction of the York Grand Lodge and granted, without its consent, Deputations for Lancashire, Durham and Northumberland. (SOURCE: Encyclopaedia of Freemasonry Part 1, page 327, by Albert Gallatin Mackey and H.L. Haywood, 1909)
History.
Old Dec 27, '09, 4:01 am
Banned

Quote:
So your Grand Lodge was started when, and how? Where does it gain its claimed legitimacy if not from the Moderns United Grand Lodge of England?

This is just obfuscation Ed.

Your mother Grand Lodge, the one that gives you your claimed legitimacy, self-started in the back room of a London ale-house. That is EXACTLY what I said.

Quote:
"The Earl of Crawford seems to have made the first encroachment on the jurisdiction of the Grand Lodge in the city of York, by constituting two lodges within their district; and by granting, without their consent, three deputations, one for Lancashire, a second for Durham, and a third for Northumberland., This circumstance the Grand Lodge of York highly resented ..." (SOURCE: Illustrations of Masonry by Dr William Preston, 1772)
Quote:
Quote:
"In 1735, the Earl of Crawford, Grand Master of England, constituted two Lodges within the jurisdiction of the York Grand Lodge and granted, without its consent, Deputations for Lancashire, Durham and Northumberland. (SOURCE: Encyclopaedia of Freemasonry Part 1, page 327, by Albert Gallatin Mackey and H.L. Haywood, 1909)

History.
Old Dec 27, '09, 10:16 am

Quote:
Self-started in the back room of a London ale-house. That is EXACTLY what I said.
More obfuscation. You're answers really show your disingenuity, Peter.

You're flailing, trying to claim that a four year old organization using a moniker of "Free Masonrie" (instead of Freemasonry) invented for more attention two months old is somehow a "priesthood".... it is to laugh!

Whether the Grand Lodge that formed my Grand Lodge took its current form in the back of a pub (a VERY common meeting place for the time) in 1717 or not, it certainly was NOT formed in 2005 - like yours. You've hijacked the thread to prance and prattle, providing misleading information and it's pretty clear to all who've bothered to read through your dull prose.

Facts, though, can be found about your group at http://www.masonicinfo.com/allengland.htm

Ed King
Old Dec 27, '09, 10:49 am
Banned

Deal with the issue Ed.

Repeating lies based upon an amoebic level of knowledge about Free Masonrie, Freemasonry, and freemasonry does not help. I am here to answer questions about Freemasonry per se for the benefit of the Catholic members of this form, I will not assist you to tell them lies, misinformation, disinformation and to make excuses for wickedness.

The FACT of the matter is that the answer to this thread is as follows:

It is forbidden by the Roman Catholic Church for a Roman Catholic to become a Moderns freemason, and for good reason.

The reason is because the Moderns form of freemasonry, (that is your American form of freemasonry, as well as your founders' Moderns form of freemasonry in England) is a "naturalistic religion" based upon Baruch Spinoza's Enlightenment philosophy of "Deus sive natura".

This philosophy, the Rosicrucian philosophy that God is "a welding of the spiritual and the humanist" is anti-Christian; Anti-Judaic; and anti-Islamic which all require a belief in God the Creator and the Preserver of Heaven and Earth and of all things. It also requires a belief in the immortality of the soul.

Your philosophy, the philosophy of ALL Moderns Free and Accepted Masons, denies God's Creation and encourages Catholic men to join in wordship to a God in consoirt with others who believe in "A supreme being".

Now stop boring me and others here by your diversionary tactics aimed at discrediting somebody who knows EXACTLY what your freemasonry is up to so that you do not have to answer the legitimate charges laid against your freemasonry.

Deal with the issue.

Ancient Free and Accepted Masonry, a product of the Enlightenment - "Deus sive natura" - "A supreme being" (apparently there is more than one).

This is the current list of those faiths and religions that ban or condemn the Moderns form of freemasonry:

Celtic Christian Church
Roman Catholic Church
Synod Anglican Church of England
Synod Australian Anglican Church
Methodist Church of England
General Association of Regular Baptist Churches
Orthodox Presbyterian Church
Presbyterian Church of Ireland
Reformed Presbyterian Church
Presbyterian Church in America
Free Presbyterian Church of Scotland
Salvation Army
Wesleyan Methodist Church
Church of Scotland
Baptist Union of Scotland
Free Church of Scotland
Russian Orthodox Church
Assemblies of God
Church of the Nazarene
Evangelical Mennonite Church
Grace Brethren
Christian Reformed Church in America
Independent Fundamentalist Churches of America
The Evangelical Lutheran Synod
Lutheran Church Missouri Synod
Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod

Their opinion, I simply agree with them.

Deal with the issue Ed, for the benefit of all Catholics here.

1) may a Buddhist be a freemason in your Grand Lodge, Ed?

And this DEMANDS an answer:

2) may a Wiccan be a freemason in your Grand Lodge, Ed?

Yes or no to each one will do. Listen carefully folks!

Last edited by PeterClatworthy; Dec 27, '09 at 11:07 am.
Old Dec 27, '09, 6:57 pm

Quote:
Deal with the issue Ed.

Repeating lies based upon an amoebic level of knowledge about Free Masonrie, Freemasonry, and freemasonry does not help. I am here to answer questions about Freemasonry per se for the benefit of the Catholic members of this form, I will not assist you to tell them lies, misinformation, disinformation and to make excuses for wickedness.
Ooooogga - Booogggaaaa..... I'm sure everyone's just tingling now. Of course, if you weren't so intent on trying to pretend that your own little group with but a handful of members (if that) was something that was different - and OK for them - then you might have a modicum of credibility.

Now to put the facts in perspective, The Holy See surely has no problem with your group BY NAME. However, by its trappings (a "secret order" and a "holy priesthood" - a description you yourself have used to describe it) is SURELY quite objectionable. Or, perhaps, you have no secrets in your group.

Wait: you won't even divulge the number of MEMBERS! Guess we can see where that ends up, eh?

Oh, and I should mention too that for the first three years and ten months of your group's existence (up to just two months ago), you were quite pleased to use the appellation of "Freemasonry" regularly and consistently. It's only in the past sixty or so days that you've decided to adopt this "Free Masonrie" foolishness - even though I'd readily argue that you weren't any kind of Freemasonry (in whatever spelling you wish) at any point.

Quote:
The FACT of the matter is that the answer to this thread is as follows:

It is forbidden by the Roman Catholic Church for a Roman Catholic to become a Moderns freemason, and for good reason.
Perhaps you'll be so good enough as to provide some evidence of your authority to speak on behalf of the Catholic Church?

Oh, you can't. Ah....

<snip of irrelevant prattling - as usual!>

Quote:
Deal with the issue Ed, for the benefit of all Catholics here.

1) may a Buddhist be a freemason in your Grand Lodge, Ed?
My Grand Lodge does not ask the religion of a petitioner, simply that he have a belief in a Supreme Being.

It's quite simple, as you should well know - having been an EMPLOYEE of the organization you now castigate. What's particularly comical is that this is SO very much like the fired restaurant dishwasher who goes on to the Internet to rail about how horrible the meals, the service, the management and everything is at the place from which he was terminated. Due to employment law, the folks here will never know the story of why/how your employment was ended - although you're welcome to tell your side of the story - but the simple analogy should resonate.

Bitter....

Quote:
And this DEMANDS an answer:

2) may a Wiccan be a freemason in your Grand Lodge, Ed?
Because you say so?

You're just SO comical!

Enjoy your Fairie Tales....

Ed King
Webmaster - masonicinfo.com - Anti-Masonry: Points of View
And about Peter's couple-of-member group, head to http://www.masonicinfo.com/allengland.htm
Old Dec 30, '09, 3:39 am
Banned

Quote:
Do Buddhists believe in a Creator-God?

Buddhists believe that there are beings that inhabit the various celestial realms. These are variously called angels, spirits, gods and devas by various cultures. But do Buddhists believe that a God created everything and manipulate human lives? No, we do not.(SOURCE: Buddhist Answers http://www.parami.org/buddhistanswers/index.htm
No wonder you are banned by the following Faiths and Churches: The world of Islam; Celtic Christian Church; Roman Catholic Church; Synod Anglican Church of England; Synod Australian Anglican Church; Methodist Church of England; General Association of Regular Baptist Churches; Orthodox Presbyterian Church; Presbyterian Church of Ireland; Reformed Presbyterian Church; Presbyterian Church in America; Free Presbyterian Church of Scotland; Salvation Army; Wesleyan Methodist Church; Church of Scotland; Baptist Union of Scotland; Free Church of Scotland; Russian Orthodox Church; Assemblies of God; Church of the Nazarene; Evangelical Mennonite Church; Grace Brethren; Christian Reformed Church in America; Independent Fundamentalist Churches of America; The Evangelical Lutheran Synod; Lutheran Church Missouri Synod; Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod.

Now - the Wiccan? I will name a Wiccan "Priest" who has been accepted as a member of your fraternity, and provide a link to his demonic website if you wish, so you might as well admit it.

Deal with the issues.

What is "a" supreme being, just so we know.
Old Dec 30, '09, 4:07 am
Banned

Posted on another forum a month ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadosh
agneau - You may have missed my question to you on this forum. It was this - I recollect that you mentioned you were now an athiest - how come you have not resigned from your UGLE lodge yet? Can you explain that please?
Quote:
Because I believe in a 'supreme being' - what I have chosen to term 'god'. That 'god' is in no way comparable to a theist version of a supernatural and distinct being or entity - it is, if you like, somewhat akin to a humanists viewpoint - man and superman - the idealistic goal of ourselves - and I beleive that this fulfills the essential criteria. I could, without reservation, retake my intiation and obligation without perjuring myself.
Now, we have Buddhists, and a desperately confused "Humanist".

The Wiccan Priest Ed?

You are right, of course, I know the answer. We just want to hear it from you.

That just leaves two easy QUESTIONS for you:

1) May a Wiccan who worships "the Horned One" be intiated into your freemasonry, and

2) What is "a" supreme being? Please provide a list.

ANSWERS:

1) space provided

2) space provided

Last edited by PeterClatworthy; Dec 30, '09 at 4:17 am.
Old Dec 30, '09, 9:26 am
Banned

Accidental duplication: Sorry!
Closed Thread

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Non-Catholic Religions