Go Back   Catholic Answers Groups > Group Forums > The Great Outdoors

The Great Outdoors Click here to visit this social group

Old May 25, '09, 6:49 pm
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Green Power

The off-roaders and snow mobilers can be a huge nuisance if they are not responsible. We had on off-roader destroy a path up a mountain locally that was hand built by local volunteers and boy scouts. His reason was that he did not know it was a hiking trail (missed ALL the signs) and to quote him, "why would anyone want to walk up a mountain?"
Old May 27, '09, 6:55 am

Religion: Catholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennewickmike View Post
We had on off-roader destroy a path up a mountain locally that was hand built by local volunteers and boy scouts. His reason was that he did not know it was a hiking trail (missed ALL the signs) and to quote him, "why would anyone want to walk up a mountain?"
I....I....really don't know what to say about that......
Old Mar 21, '10, 8:10 pm

Religion: Catholic- converted from Protestant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennewickmike View Post
What do you think is the future of green power? Do we stick with fossil fuels? Should we move to nuclear power? How about damns, windmills, ethanol or any new technology out there?
We all know that we need green power, but the transition becomes one of the biggest issues. That's why one proposal that I would like to see involves Solar roads and parking lots. From a national security position this is great, the entire power grid could easily be linked together (remember the blackout that took out the entire Northeastern corner a few years back?), a simple heating element could be implemented to melt snow and ice in colder climates, we could incorporate cable and telephone systems into the panels eliminating telephone poles and squirrels gnawing through cables, and we could still drive our gas cars until electric takes over.
Old Mar 21, '10, 8:14 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat Doctor View Post
Hmmmmm, lets, see, lived in the 1200's, loved creation, spoke to animals, wore a robe.....oh! a Druid?

[forgive me my Seraphic Father!!!]
HAHAHAHAHA!

I needed a good laugh. Thank you. St. Frank and I have a very good relationship.
Old Mar 21, '10, 8:26 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat Doctor View Post
So, kennewickmike, have you also found it difficult (until recently ) to find people who are firmly Catholic (or even Christian, for that matter) as well as deeply care for creation? I've never met anyone like that person to person..........where are all of you? (well, it may help if I move out of this economically depressed "red-neck" town)------forgive me please if I've offended anyone with that term )
This is actually the reason I am on this site. I am looking for people who would want to experience God with me at the top of a mountain, in a cool morning breeze, or under the stars at night, and as much as I am looking for friends, I'm also hoping that one might be an unattached Catholic female who wouldn't mind freakishly tall guys. I've been on various Catholic Dating sites, and there are hardly any who enjoy the outdoors, and those who do, do so by blazing through the hills with some 4-wheeler, 4x4, dirtbike thing, which is fun, but also ruins what's there.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Group Forums > The Great Outdoors