These are foods sent to OUR group by the devil ! ! (just kidding, but they are high in carbs, and do spike your blood sugar ).
Just remember as you look at the carbs in these foods, that if you are going low carb (under 60 carbs FOR THE ENTIRE DAY, what you are doing).
- potatoes (no matter how many times they call your name). One med. 5 oz. red potato has 26 carbs, 1 cup of brown skinned has 32 carbs.
- no polenta, risotto, brown rice, white rice, or pasta (no matter if it's "low carb"(not low enough), wheat, rice, or spelt.
- bread (white, whole wheat, 1,000,000 % good fiber whole grain, anything freshly baked, not even cinnamon rolls, etc.).
- bagels. small plain bagel (3 inches across) 37 carbs, med plain (31/2 inches across), 56 carbs, and a large plain one(41/2 inches )has 70 carbs. A "low carb" bagel has 42 carbs!
-cereals ( not even the 100% perfect oat meal). It's great for every one, just not us.
- beans. great northern have 37 carbs in 1 cup, Lima 40 in 1 cup, Pinto 44 carbs in 1 cup, Pink 47 carbs in 1 cup,split peas 41 carbs in 1 cup, and kidney beans have 38 carbs in 1cup. To compare, green beans have 8 carbs in 1 cup!!
- Very easy with tomato sauce, spagetti sauce, ketchup, or breaded anything. (that includes breaded chicken, breaded fish, chicken fried steak, sweet&sour, eggplant, in meat loaf , etc. Have them without the breading.
- Waffles, muffins, pancakes, cake-cakes, french toast and your toast. No bread pudding, ice cream, alcohol, pizza crust, pie, cookies, doughnuts, no honey, no sugar or" ose" products, corn (it's not called "Sweet" corn for nothing. Corn is also a grain.
- most yogurts. again read those labels!.
- dried fruit, or the other name for dried fruit........candy.
- fruit juice.
- sweet pickles or any sweet relish. Be real careful of sweet salad dressings (like on some cole slaw)
- crackers (except for Wasa Fiber) in all their seductive flavors. popcorn, chips of all shapes and kinds, and pretzels.
- syrups, any jam made w/ sugar or any "ose" product,and just about every soft drink.
These things will and do tempt. You just have to be strong. "If it's made from grain you gotta abstain!, " is a good rule of thumb.
If you're in the Military, or a Veteran, "THANK YOU".
Pray the Rosary with others @ comepraytherosary.org
Last edited by tuscany; Jun 7, '11 at 10:16 pm.
|Thread Tools||Search Thread|