Catholic FAQ

Help support Catholic Answers!

Latest Threads
newest posts

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality

Welcome to Catholic Answers Forums, the largest Catholic Community on the Web.

Here you can join over 400,000 members from around the world discussing all things Catholic. Membership is open to all, Catholic and non-Catholic alike, who seek the Truth with Charity.

To gain full access, you must register for a FREE account. Registered members are able to:
  • Submit questions about the faith to experts from Catholic Answers
  • Participate in all forum discussions
  • Communicate privately with Catholics from around the world
  • Plus join a prayer group, read with the Book Club, and much more.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. So join our community today!

Have a question about registration or your account log-in? Just contact our Support Hotline.

Old Sep 23, '10, 3:14 am

Religion: A man hoping to join the Catholic Church (currently in RCIA)
Default A prayer requesting/in thanksgiving for Intelligence

Oh Holy Spirit, it is through You and only through You that wisdom and knowledge enter the hearts and minds of men. Bless me/us with your Divine Counsel, and allow me/us to be the vessel through which You teach the world. Amen

Just thought I'd share this. Pray it before classes, pray it before you teach if you're a teacher, whatever.
Old Sep 23, '10, 3:53 am
Forum Elder
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Catholic
Send a message via AIM to Holly3278 Send a message via MSN to Holly3278 Send a message via Yahoo to Holly3278
Default Re: A prayer requesting/in thanksgiving for Intelligence

Here is another prayer. It's not really a prayer of thanksgiving but it does have to do with the intellect:

Lord, You are the Source of all Life, all Truth, and all Beauty, I pray to You today, with all my heart, for my intelligence, this light in me, this plant which demands years and years of care, this thing in me, mysterious and moving, this activity which sometimes bounds up, sometimes slows down, which sometimes lifts me up with enthusiasm and sometimes exasperates me, I pray for this thing which runs after ideas, symbols and numbers, this thing which all of a sudden has penetrated inside the thought of another and melds with it like the fusion of two lights a fusion which bring about warmth and light. I pray to You for my mind as You are the Supreme Intelligence which penetrates, illuminates, and embraces all our intelligences. Lord, help make my intelligence amenable to all truths, able to understand the thoughts of others; give to me the wisdom to know the meaning and purpose of my life and learning, so that my knowledge, understanding, and skills may help in some little ways to make this world a better place, for Your greater glory.
Amen.

And here are two prayers for wisdom which while different from intelligence, it is related:

Lord Jesus, Light of the world, give us Your light tonight, Light to see the truth plainly; Light to see ourselves as we are; Light to see the way we should go. Light to see You in Your majesty, Your humility and Your love
Amen.

Almighty God, You know the perils that surround me, and how easy it would be for me to slip and fall. Give me the wisdom that I need to do Your bidding, and avoid the snares that are set before me. My path is dark before me. Send Your Holy Spirit to fill me with your light, and to guide me. Help me do Your will, and to do what is best for me and those who depend on me. Grant me the grace of wisdom. Make me wise enough to choose truth over falsehood, that I may not be deceived to my own undoing, and to the harm of others. In Jesus' name.
Amen.

WISDOM of the Sacred Head, guide me in all my ways. O Love of the Sacred, consume me with Thy fire. Three Glorias, in honour of the Divine Will, Memory and Understanding. O Seat of Divine Wisdom, and guiding Power, which governs all the motions and love of the Sacred Heart, may all minds know Thee, all hearts love Thee, and all tongues praise Thee, now and for evermore.
Amen.

"The holy Rosary is a powerful weapon. Use it with confidence and you'll be amazed at the results."
--St. Josemaria Escriva

“One day, through the Rosary and the Scapular, Our Lady will save the world.”
--Saint Dominic

"Give me an army saying the Rosary and I will conquer the world."
--Blessed Pope Pius IX

Our Lady's 15 Promises to Those Who Pray the Rosary

Come, pray the Rosary

My Live Journal

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Forums > Catholic Living > Spirituality