Go Back   Catholic Answers Groups > Group Forums > Latin Learners

Latin Learners Click here to visit this social group

Old Dec 29, '10, 4:07 pm

Default Are there any audio sources to help me with the Tridentine Mass?

I have recently taken up an interest in the Tridentine Mass. I only know a little bit of Latin, and I'm visually impaired. Do the FSSP, or any other traditional Catholic groups in good standing with Rome, have any audio sources, such as CD's, DVD's, etc, where the priest can be heard clearly? The parish I go to is huge, and it's hard to hear the priest even in the front of the church, because no mics are used except for during the readings and the homily, and there's a whole lot of echo. I'd also be interested in any audio sources from these groups that can help me learn what the priest is saying. Thanks!
ADOREMUS IN AETERNUM SANCTISSIMUM SACRAMENTUM!
Old Dec 30, '10, 9:05 am
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Are there any audio sources to help me with the Tridentine Mass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBolt1000T View Post
I have recently taken up an interest in the Tridentine Mass. I only know a little bit of Latin, and I'm visually impaired. Do the FSSP, or any other traditional Catholic groups in good standing with Rome, have any audio sources, such as CD's, DVD's, etc, where the priest can be heard clearly? The parish I go to is huge, and it's hard to hear the priest even in the front of the church, because no mics are used except for during the readings and the homily, and there's a whole lot of echo. I'd also be interested in any audio sources from these groups that can help me learn what the priest is saying. Thanks!
Hey Josh,
I hope you had a great Christmas! I got stuck here due to the ice/snow, but made it on Sunday and didn't see you there.
Anyway, check out this site, I went to this parish while in California and was very impressed (even though the parish is more modern). All of their Masses at this parish are High Masses and sung! Here's their audio section to learn Latin-

St. Margaret Parish

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Group Forums > Latin Learners