Go Back   Catholic Answers Groups > Group Forums > Sacraments

Sacraments Click here to visit this social group

Old Feb 4, '11, 6:59 pm
Greeter
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Roman Catholic, former Pentecostal and United Methodist
Default Favorite Sacrament

What is your favorite sacrament and why? Feel free to share some of your experiences. You are also welcome to join the group called "Sacraments" where this forum originates.
http://forums.catholic.com/group.php?groupid=632

I look forward to reading your answers.
Old Mar 1, '11, 4:00 am
Trial Membership

Religion: Catholic
Default Re: Favorite Sacrament

Hi, one of the Sacraments that I teach and help kids along in is Confirmation. This Sacrament is important to me because unless the Holy Spirit is active in our life, our faith will be weak. Teenagers have many temptations to overcome as young as 12-13. My heart goes out to those kids and young adults who are being taught all the head knowledge but very little of the life changing relationship with Jesus that will help them say no to sin and yes to God's will.

I have facilitated Confirmation for the past 5 yrs at Church and I coach middle school basketball(boys). I see many kids passing through confirmation unclear and not determined to live out their faith in Christ. Does anyone else see this as a problem in the Church?

Thanks, Jeremy
Old Mar 10, '11, 6:08 pm
Greeter
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Roman Catholic, former Pentecostal and United Methodist
Default Re: Favorite Sacrament

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy2626 View Post
Hi, one of the Sacraments that I teach and help kids along in is Confirmation. This Sacrament is important to me because unless the Holy Spirit is active in our life, our faith will be weak. Teenagers have many temptations to overcome as young as 12-13. My heart goes out to those kids and young adults who are being taught all the head knowledge but very little of the life changing relationship with Jesus that will help them say no to sin and yes to God's will.

I have facilitated Confirmation for the past 5 yrs at Church and I coach middle school basketball(boys). I see many kids passing through confirmation unclear and not determined to live out their faith in Christ. Does anyone else see this as a problem in the Church?

Thanks, Jeremy
Jeremy2626 Thank you for comment. May the Lord bless you for your teaching and for working with youth, they are difficult at times, but very rewarding.

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Group Forums > Sacraments