Go Back   Catholic Answers Groups > Group Forums > Saints working in our lives.

Saints working in our lives. Click here to visit this social group

Old Dec 29, '09, 8:50 pm
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Catholic
Default St. Jude

Daily prayer to St. Jude

O glorious Apostle St. Jude, true relative of Jesus, Mary, I salute you through the most Sacred Heart of Jesus.
Through this heart, I praise and thank God for all graces he has bestowed upon you. Humbly prostrate before you, I implore you through this heart to look down upon me with compassion. Despise not my poor prayer and let not my trust be confounded. To you has been assigned the privillage of aiding mankind in the most desperate cases. Oh, come to my aid that I may praise the mercies of God. All my life I will be grateful to you and will be your faithful client until I can thank you in heaven. Amen
Old Jan 6, '10, 7:45 am

Religion: Latin-Rite Catholic
Default Re: St. Jude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavens Flowers View Post
Daily prayer to St. Jude

O glorious Apostle St. Jude, true relative of Jesus, Mary, I salute you through the most Sacred Heart of Jesus.
Through this heart, I praise and thank God for all graces he has bestowed upon you. Humbly prostrate before you, I implore you through this heart to look down upon me with compassion. Despise not my poor prayer and let not my trust be confounded. To you has been assigned the privillage of aiding mankind in the most desperate cases. Oh, come to my aid that I may praise the mercies of God. All my life I will be grateful to you and will be your faithful client until I can thank you in heaven. Amen
Yes, this is a very nice prayer. St. Jude is my patron saint (look at my user-name) and that's because of an event that happened about a month or two before I was baptized.

See, I came into the Church when I was sixteen (and now I'm 2 1/2 yeaers old spiritually ) and I was very lonely in my faith. One Sunday, I walked into a Church I'd never been in before and attended Mass (also, by the way, in a city I hadn't been in before). Afterward, I noticed a statue near the back of the Church and went over to see who it was; I saw a prayer card to St. Jude there.

I had an experience where I felt "connected" to that saint, lke he was a family member I hadn't seen in a while. I took the prayer card and prayed the prayer quite a few times. Eventually, I developed the thought that he'd been praying for me all the time I was an atheist (born that way), and as I was coming into the Church. In gratitude, therefore, I took his name at my Baptism/Confirmation.
Old Sep 11, '11, 9:33 am
Veteran Member
Prayer Warrior

Religion: Roman Catholic
Default Re: St. Jude

Good morning, all,

I would just like to admit, that Saint Jude has granted every prayer I ever made to him. May he be blessed to God Most High the Holy Trinity.

Thank you, Saint Jude.

God loves all of you, lurkers, too,
Don

Prayer is the purest form of human love - Don D. Snow

We're all God's creatures...and some humans can be His children. - Don D. Snow

Even the ignorant, may have wisdom. Anonymous

Go Back   Catholic Answers Forums > Group Forums > Saints working in our lives.